• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scorbunny Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!! (1106)

RLC

Though I have to say, it's so weird seeing stuff like Ash not knowing what a smart phone is and running around outside because he's a reflection of a 1990's kid, yet there's Gou the same age as him with his face stuck in a screen like a 2020's kid. I kind of hope this becomes a running
to me it's more of a citykid (gou) vs a countrykid ( is that what they call them?) if u get what I mean

on another note this episode made me wonder what's gonna happen in the opening from now on, I'm really curious

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Also I think Gou is going to get lectured at somepoint about how collecting all these pokemon like merit badges will lead this to happening with his other pokemon. If he just keeps catching them and leaving them in a lab and ignoring them they will all start to dislike him.
Plus we've seen multiple times throughout the series that Go does care for his pokemon & is close with them, even though he may not be as close with them as Ash is with his.

Aina cafeteria actually appeared on the newspaper Jessie was reading
ETK2HS4X0AAXNQ1
I'm surprised that the Family Restaurant is getting such a big nod. It's very rare nowadays that we see something like this.

Rei-chan101

Pretty good episode. Everything leading up to Scorbunny's evolution and Raboot's attitude was well executed. Gou had it coming. Plus I like raboot despite not liking the galar starters that much solid 8/10.

Also chewtle return means that team rocket might use past pokemon using gacha? Probably a dumb theory anyways.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Chameleon and Raboot are different it isnt a simple copypaste. They took a different spin of the trope.
Yeah, I think people are jumping to conclusions *way* too fast.

Currently, the only things that Charmeleon and Raboot have in common is their typing....and that's it. We don't know if Raboot is going to completely disobey Go and cause trouble for him, or merely be emotionally distant from Go while still obeying him once in a while.

I'm somehow not expecting Raboot to disobey Go, but I'm just expecting a total reversal of Scorbunny's attitude. I think Raboot will listen to Go when it's time to battle, but otherwise won't care about spending much time with him. I think that would be a pretty cool spin on it. Perhaps it would push Go to put more effort into their relationship and grow up a little.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Watching the episode subbed I noticed Meowth saying that kids today don't know what phone booths are anymore. That made me laugh
I read an article about a village in West Virginia US that they can't use wifi or use smartphones because they would interfere the big satellite in their village. So I guess it's mainly about the city kids.

So Scorbunny evolves in this episode. It surprised me because I thought it would stay as Scorbunny for the whole series for being cute and marketable.

Also, Go unintentionally ignoring Scorbunny reminds me of its capture episode and it surely cause conflict between them, to the point that when Scorbunny evolved into Raboot, it just ignore its trainer like it's trying to say "You aren't worthy enough to wield my cool power!".

Of course, TRio is required to cause drama to our protagonists and of course Ash had to appear whenever Go was alone against them. But it's a good thing that Go's Raboot managed to defeat them in which despite TRio bring fodder is way better than Ash taking care of everything, including TRio.

Good episode. There's some kind of a cliffhanger about Raboot ignoring Go so that they would have to fix their strained relationship in the upcoming episodes.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Plus we've seen multiple times throughout the series that Go does care for his pokemon & is close with them, even though he may not be as close with them as Ash is with his.

I'm surprised that the Family Restaurant is getting such a big nod. It's very rare nowadays that we see something like this.
Yeah right now while he has 30-50? But what about when he has 300? 500?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Imagine seeing Serviper, Carnivine or even Yamask return via gatcha. That'll surely be one giant nod at continuity.

Seeing the Unova ones showing up would be cool
Imagine if Yamask is a Cofagrius now and sucks James up as soon as he's released?

Shotgunrain

Aina cafeteria actually appeared on the newspaper Jessie was reading
ETK2HS4X0AAXNQ1
I guess Mallow succeeded in her goal. Aina Cafeteria has become so famous that it has made Kanto news. I wonder how long more before we get to see Kalos and Alola. Maybe they have big plans for those 2 regions so we're still not seeing it yet and the continuity nod here has made things even more interesting.

Fairy King

I enjoyed this episode for the most part. I accept that I'm probably never going to really like Gou, and that's fine. I still dislike his goal; it feels really unpersonal esp when the anime has always pushed close bonds with pokemon and allowing pokemon to decide if they want to be caught. I'm very suprised his Scorbunny evolved at all much less this early in the saga. I was fulling expecting it to remain a Scorbunny. However, I really like Raboot and have warmed up to him at least. I enjoyed the TR dynamics this episode. Chewtle was my favorite part of the episode. He was so cute and funny! I really dislike the pokeball machine, I like it when they bond with their mons. So I hope Chewtle becomes a recurring thing.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Since Gou is Twerp #2 (Jari Boy ni-gou) according to Jessie, that means Ash is Twerp #1.

So I can't wait for the show to introduce a third protagonist: Twerp V3.

To the people who don't get this joke, I apologize. To the five that do...I also apologize.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
This episode is agonizing to watch

The problem is solved in the first five minutes and then slams to a screeching halt with Team Rocket playing word games far longer than they need to because the writers had no idea how to actually make a conflict between two characters who have maybe shared ten minutes of bonding time in the past dozen episodes