• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scourge of the Skies (RPG Thread)

Hotshot

SCOURGE OF THE SKIES

The party was spectacular. The food, the dancing, the women...everything was perfect for an Aristocrat like himself...an Aristocrat like...Nomid Rephasul. Rephasul stroked his large, golden mustache, and raised a bushy eyebrow. His sea-blue eyes skimmed across the room, where many of his Aristocrats had gathered. Rephasul was famous for his great parties...and this one was no exception. His expensive robes trailed along the ground as he approached a nearby table of refreshments.

One of his many servants rushed to his aid, and poured him a cup of wine. Rephasul took it, without so much as a nod to the servant, and then downed it in a matter of gulps. Thrusting it towards the servant, he scowled. "Next time...make sure the wine is fresh."

"...B-but sir...it was made just this morning..."

Rephasul glared at the young man, and then snapped his fingers. Instantly two soldiers stepped forward, took the man by the arms, and led him away...to his death. None of the other Aristocrats seemed to notice. It happened so often, that the death of a servant or two at these parties was to be expected.

Rephasul chuckled. All was going well in his castle...no news of any sky pirate activities for weeks now. Perhaps he would finally...

The huge entrance door burst open, interrupting his thoughts. A soldier, one of the castle's many guards, staggered in, bleeding profusely. His left arm had been severed at the shoulder, and several bullet holes gouged into his chest. "L-Lord Rephasul!"

"What is it?!" Rephasul exclaimed, his eyes widening. "Spill your guts, swine! Or I'll spill them myself and send you to the devil in hell!"

The soldier took a step forward, and then fell to his knees. "The...the devil is no longer in hell...he is here..."

Several heads turned, and many women gasped. A bead of sweat ran down Rephasul's chin. Gasping for breath, the soldier continued, "And he has brought his demons with him..."

Rephasul dashed forward and grabbed the soldier by the neck, shaking him ruthlessly. "Who? WHO IS IT?!"

The soldier's last word escaped his lips in the form of a low, strained hiss. "Tempest..."

Rephasul wasted no time. He turned and fled through a separate door, leaving his guests behind...and not a moment too soon. The huge, extravagant windows crashed in, sending shards of glass hurtling through the room. Six shadowy figures dropped into the room from ropes that seemed to have fallen down from above. Sky pirates.

And then, from the door, there boomed a voice like a cannon blast, "Please excuse my crew's lack of manners...they weren't cut from the same cloth as you nobles."

The massive figure of Timothy Tempest, Captain of the Behemoth, emerged, in his huge right hand clutching the body of a dead soldier. All eyes fixed upon his left arm and leg, which were both robotic. No doubt about it...it was the devil himself.

Captain Tempest chuckled, and hurled the corpse in his hand into the wall, a good four yards away. His eyes narrowed as he glared at the Aristocrats. "I heard there was a party at Rephasul's place, and I wondered why I hadn't been invited," he said with a grin. "Don't worry, we're not here to kill you. We just want your valuables...money, jewelry, women..."

"Father!" exclaimed one of the sky pirates.

"Hahaha!!" boomed Tempest. "Fine, fine...just your money and jewelry will do. Is that better, Jill?"

The girl sky pirate nodded, smirking. She drew her cutlass, and then turned to their new prisoners. "Dad, it looks like Rephasul isn't among them."

"Blast!" Tempest snarled, clenching his fist. "He got away...ah, well...I'll let it slide this time."

***​

Walter Haley, dubbed "Mechs" by his fellow sky pirates, sighed. Peering out of one of the Behemoth's many windows, he watched as his fellow crewmen looted another Aristocrat castle. He jumped when a hand rested on his shoulder. Looking up, he recognized the face of Jack Bonny, the first mate aboard the Behemoth.

Bonny smiled down at Mechs, and raised a bushy eyebrow. Stroking his black mustache, he inquired, "Somethin' the matter, lad?"

"Uh...well...no, sir...I don't think so..." Mechs stuttered, fumbling for words.

"I think so," Bonny replied with a chuckle. "Ya wish ya could'a been on this here raid, aye?"

Mechs averted his gaze, and then nodded. "Yeah...I guess..."

"Ya always get left out, aye?"

Mechs stared at Jack Bonny. He had known the airship's first mate for a while now, but the man had never shown an interest in him before. "Uh-huh. But it's understandable...I'm the mechanic, so they don't need me to help out with that stuff."

He turned back to the window and sighed. His eyes fixed on Jill Tempest...

***​

The sound of footsteps echoed through the halls of the castle. Tempest whirled around to find that a dozen guards had entered the large room. They each drew a sword, and prepared to attack.

Tempest smiled and raised an eyebrow. "This is all Rephasul sends to save his 'fellow Aristocrats'? That's pathetic."

He turned to his raiding party, which consisted of his adopted daughter, Jill Tempest, Thomas Solace, Brooke Sangloup, Straw-hat Gaia, Sean Pegorino, and Jase Kongo. "Twelve on six isn't very good odds. Allow me to...level the scale."

With that, Tempest pulled back the lever on his robotic arm, which cocked his massive weapon. His arm cannon could hold three bullets, each the size of a fist. Needless to say, it did some damage. Booming with laughter, Tempest let the first shot fly. It crashed into a soldier, ripping through his body and then killing another. Now only ten guards remained.

In the blink of an eye, Tempest had drawn his cutlass, and then hacked off the head of a guard. He parried another's attack, before pummeling him in the chest with his mechanized leg. Eight left. With his great sword-skill, Tempest disarmed two guards in a single move, and then killed them both with a solid swipe of his sword.

"There..." he murmured, stepping backwards. "That evened the odds a bit. I'll leave the rest to you six...while I gather up the loot."

Jill smiled savagely. "Heh...six-on-six. This will be too easy."

((OOC: If your characters are not among the raiding party, then they will be aboard the Behemoth, doing whatever their ship position requires them to do...or just chatting.))

Last edited:

Zincspider

My Bloody
"Left out of another raid... I guess they don't care if they get injured on the feild do they?" Deckard Zahra muttered, looking out the window of his office. It seemed that the raid was going as planned... well, people who tried to fight back died, and the rest ran away. That was about the gist of all of their plans. Well, at least it worked most of the time. And if it didn't he had plenty of things to do after (sometimes he was lucky, and someone would get stabbed in the stomach. That way he could take a couple peeks in there while he patched them up.) But he stil had to wait until the raid was over. And how boring it would be... well he was getting kind of hungry.

Zahra stood up from his sleek metal chair, and picked up his coat from the back of it, throwing it on in a quick flick of his mechanical wrist. After adjusting it a bit, he walked straight out of his messy-note fillled room, closing the door behind him. Then he took the walk across the ship to the kitchens.
----

"Hey, Chefy!" Deckard called, walking into the big kitchen area. Inside, he found a small woman he believed was named.... maybe he didn't know. And the big dark man who most of the crew called 'Chef Slaughter'. Zahra had never listened to the name much, seeing it was his actuall last name. It was like calling him 'Doctor Zahra'. It was an amusing coincidence at best.

"I came to see if you had a bit of bread or somthing laying around. Getting kind of hungry..." Zahra asked, trailing of abit as he stopped by a fresh fish on the counter. Abesntmindedly, he activated his hand, and began disceting the small animal. His forefinger had transformed into a scalpel in a swift movement, and cut its abdomen in a smooth line. The rest of his finers, either one or two at a time, retreated and came back out as tweezers, and scissors (his thumb became a flashlight, but he wasn't really paying attention at the moment). Soon, the entrails of the fish were lying on the table, and Zahra had somthing else to think about.

"Um... mister Zahra, I don't think it's sanitary to use your tools on a fish. You might have to work on someone later with them..."

It was that quiet girl... and for the love of himself, Zahra still couldn't put a finer on who she was. Big glasses, and short brown hair were familiar, but hadn't really ever paid attention. But he answered her question none the less. He raised his arm, and shook it, a faint liquidy sound could be heard in the depths of the mechanical appendage.

"Each and every time I pull an instrument back in, the material for it goes through a cleaner. I have to replace the liquid every couple of days or so, but being sanitary is never a problem." And with that, he pulled the various instruments (tame ones compared to the circular saw, cleaver, and bone saw he had stored in there), back into his hand, and his fingers came out again.

"Oh... ok..." The girl almost whispered, going back to whatever she had been cooking at the time, which looked a bit like... jam... Zahra decided that he might have to try some of the deep red substance in the pot later. But he still felt like he could use a little somthing. He walked over to Slaughter, and wrapped his arm around his back.

"So how about it, spare a peice of bread in here you two?" Zahra asked, a smile growing across his face.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
"On my way boss" Gaia muttered as she dropped a bag full of looth and took her 3 parts of her whirler, she clacked the parts together and then leaned on it "But Captain, you didn't had to do that, you know that right?" She said as she jumped up with the whirler in her hand by which her straw-hat fell of her head on the ground, and stabbed the guard with it in the head. "And why is it so few? Normally it's more" She said to herself as she kicked the guard in the face before he fell on the ground; dead. "That's all!" Gaia said as she picked up the bag and picked up her straw-hat, which she putted back on her head. "So captain, that was everything? And please stop making jokes about taking women....." She asked, as she looked behind and saw everyone was finished, she then she cracked her whirler back in 3 parts and putted it back in her hip-bag "I'll take one more look around, maybe there's anything left" She stated as she walked into a hallway. But before she was there, she saw the glass shards from where they came in.... Mechs, Jill, Thomas, Gale, Alexa, Zahra, James, Harold, James or Jay, Brooke, Sevs, Cid, Jase and Logan. Gaia sighed as she thought about the people on the Behemoth when she walked true the likely empty, sometimes with a blood-spot hall. Suddenly Gaia heard muttering, she looked around the corner and saw there the women who where the "extra additions" to the party.

"S-Straw-H-hat Gaia!" One whispered,

"I heard she once killed a whole village by the orders of the devil; Tempest" Another women said,

"Though stories...." Gaia thought "Sometimes wrong, sometimes good, usually wrong though"

"Please spare us!" A third woman said and kneeled down, "We were ordered to be here, otherwise we would die!" She said, "You never had been ordered to do something you didn't like or wanted to do?" She asked clearly scared,

Gaia sighed as she put her blue-to black jacket good, "Fine, you may get away. But don't try something stupid on me" She said as she pointed to where she came from, "I hope that isn't the only exit..." She said.

"We'll leave immediately!" The woman stated as she stood up and began walking the other way, the others followed. Then they all turned around and bowed "Thank you, Straw-hat Gaia." Then they all stood up and left.

"I can't kill people like that" Gaia sighed as she turned around and walked the other way, not walking carefully looking where she walked, and she so cut her foot because of some glass because she doesn't wear shoes nor socks. "Damn" She muttered but she kept walking, suddenly a body appeared behind her.

"Straw-hat Gaia! You're mine!" A man(Likely a guard) said behind her, a sword in the hand, which he put close to her neck "Who's laughing now? Dirty Demon!" The man said as his face came closer to her neck,

"Who you call dirty!" Gaia said "Grabbing a woman like that! And about to abuse her!" She muttered,

"Silence!' The man said, the sword blade coming closer, "Now be a nice girl and don't fight back"

"You would hope that" She said as she slammed her foot on his foot, which caused the guard to let loose she then punched him in the face "Idiot, who even thinks about doing that to Straw-hat?"

"S-straw-hat?" The guard whispered the words, and then charged forward "Straw-hat! You shall die right here right now!"

Gaia evaded the attack, but instead she got a cut in her left arm, "Why you" She muttered as she took a Katana's from her back and simply stabbed the guard in his chest, she then putted the katana back on her back and walked away "A bounty is a bounty.." Gaia muttered, she walked back to the destroyed entrance and went up "Hey Mechs! You seen doc. around?" She shouted up, as she saw him pointing inside "Thanks......." Gaia muttered and walked inside to the doctor's own spot "Somebody here?" Gaia asked as she came in and saw that the room was empty. "Hey you're here doc.?"

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
(OOC: Ah, Kiera already gets exercise. Have fun with the jam, Zinc. Supposedly, everybody gets a different reaction (headache, loss of color in face, etc.). Seriously, though, that's most of her words for the afternoon already. The responses would probably be more like pointing at Zahra and saying "Unsanitary. Clean your tools." and just a silent understanding after the explanation. She seriously does not talk, and she's quiet, not passive. That's mostly me being nitpicky, though, sorry. Also, an author's note: K.P. is short for "Kitchen Patrol," or cooking duty. Brownies go to anyone who can recognize where "Tall Card" comes from. No, I didn't make it up.)

Cid scrathed the back of his head as he wandered the halls of the Behemoth. Another raid was going on right now, and he wasn't involved. How could he be? They didn't use cannon bombardments on ground-based missions, so his first job was out. The engine was in perfect maintenance, too, at the moment, which meant that he was pretty much off-duty at the moment, luckily. He wasn't even on the watch at the moment. Everything exciting happening outside, but nothing involving him.

Eh, he wasn't much of a fighter, anyway.

Keeping the radio clipped to his belt active just in case he was needed down in the engine rooms, Cid passed by another block of doors leading down to the mess hall. Until any further orders were given, most people would be off-duty and lounging around in here. It would be a good place to swap stories and play cards for a while. He'd be able to enjoy a good bit of relaxation. Heck, Kiera was on K.P. at the moment, too. That alone would make it worth going. The mess hall seemed like the place to be.

Cid wandered into the dining area, a large room which didn't look much different from the rest of the ship, save for metal tables and chairs placed around the floor and the ceiling and walls not having pipes and wires visibly running over them This much of the ship looked decent. Pulling up a chair of his own, Cid produced an odd deck with many rectangular cards and a hand of round ones from his jacket and called out for a round of "Tall Card." A few people came around to join in, and Cid started shuffling the rectangular cards. In the meantime, he looked over to the kitchen, visible from the mess hall with a counter to the window. He could just make out Kiera's slight figure working in the kitchen. Ah... perhaps he would have to go in and sample a bit of her cooking later. Then he saw another man come by with what looked like a slice of bread and reaching over toward her workspace. Was he making a move or something. Cid narrowed his eyes, but the man withdrew, spreading something over his bread.

Jam.

Not wanting to be witness to the man's reaction, Cid snapped his attention back toward dealing the hands out toward each player, while his crewmate to the right shuffled the round cards. After dealing five cards to each of the men, he set the rest of the deck down in the center of the table and the round cards were placed down next to it, with the top one flipped over to show a picture of a peach.

"Peaches are tall," Cid said, looking at his own hand. He had three out of the six suits at the moment, and none were Peaches. Dang! he kept a straight face, though. Bluffing was a strong point of his, and he'd need it in this game.

"I'll take... two," the player to Cid's left claimed. He drew from the standard pile, and the game took off.

Last edited:

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
Logan was on ship, repairing the wings of his air ship which was one of the reason why he wasn't on the raid. He finshed the left wing and now was making a start of the right wing which was going to be harder because it was more damaged but he had the parts he needed, so he toke the new sheets of metal and nailed them on to the wing with some luck it would hold until he could Mechs to have a look at it he walked to the hopital block to have a talk withZahra when he got there he saw Gaia he kept very silent trying to make sure she didn't notice him but he was failing badly as useal at hiding from her.

After a while he chose to give up and said "Hello Gaia" he moved his hat lower so it covered his face and making she could see him blush.

Last edited:

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
((OOC: What a great start! I'm really likin' this. Though, ashds, I don't think anyone here could take down 9 guards, all holding guns, by themselves, whilst in the process slicing the bullets in two. I just thought your entry was a little unrealistic.))

"Vicious as usual, Captian?" commented Thomas on Captian Tempest's handywork. Thomas wished the Captian good luck in his ventures to acquire the various treasures that are sure to be laying around the castle. Thomas walked over to the nearest alive guard and bent his knees in a combat stance. The guard reacted by readying his defences, by raising his sword.

"You're only armed with a sword?" asked Thomas. "It wouldn't be fair to just shoot you then."

Thomas reached behind him and gripped the hilt of the three-foot katana that was sheathed and mounted on his backside.

"This will only take two strikes..." said Thomas solemnly to the guard.

Thomas unsheathed the sword, with a backhand grip, and sliced the hand the guard was using to hold his sword. The guard dropped his sword and clenched his right wrist, which is now gushing blood, with his left hand.
"One..."

Thomas then thrusted the curved blade of the katana into the now open chest of the guard. He groaned with pain, and gurgled as blood came out of his mouth as a result of the impalement to the heart.

"Two..."

Thomas retracted the sword from the guard's body, which fell down onto the glass covered floor: dead.

"See, only two strikes..." said Thomas as he swiped his sword to clean off the blood that coated the tip of the blade. He sheathed his sword and looked around to see the others fighting their opponent. In particular, he noticed a girl jump in the air, whirling a weapon of somesort, taking down a guard in two hits.
"Well that's Straw-hat for ya..." mumbled Thomas as he observed the skirmishes.

"I really wish this was a flying mission. It would have been a lot easier to just bomb the place first with a few cluster bombs..." mumbled Thomas as he paced the ballroom watching his commrades fight, watching Straw-hat take down another guard, watching a guard run into the ballroom with a rifle in hand...

'Wait, a rifle!?!' Thomas realized. 'This could get tricky.'

Thomas reached to his right thigh and pulled his 9x19mm pistol out of its holster, postioning himself behind a table while aiming it at the guard that was targeting one of the guys in one of the battles. Thomas had the rifleman in his sights, and continued on to pull the trigger.

"BANG!", the pistol shot as the rifleman fell to thr ground dead from a gunshot wound in the head. Thomas ran over to the now dead body and "borrowed" the rifle the guard had been using.

"Now, all I have to do is take out the guards that sneak in here..."

Last edited:

ironknight42

(OOC: for now James Burden's and Harold Slaughter's posts will remain seperate, I'll make Burden's as soon as one or two more people post so I don't double post.)

Harold was busily working on a small meal for the crew to eat, when they came back. He was in a good mood so he was making them some quality food. In a pot he had some creamy clam chowder (obviously New England) and he had a couple of loafs of bread in the oven being kept warm.

Then someone entered, he wasn’t sure who it was until he heard him say “Hey Chefy” it was definitely the Doc. He asked for a piece of bread, but then fell quite for a little bit, he wasn’t too insistent so he could wait a little bit.

"Um... mister Zahra, I don't think it's sanitary to use your tools on a fish. You might have to work on someone later with them..." Kiera was hassling the Doc about gutting, something they would have to do anyways. She was worrying about sanitation sometimes he swore she forgot that they were feeding sky pirates and sanitation is not the number one priority.

"Each and every time I pull an instrument back in, the material for it goes through a cleaner. I have to replace the liquid every couple of days or so, but being sanitary is never a problem." retorted Deckard that seemed to quite her down.

"Oh... ok..." said Kiera, just then ‘Chef Slaughter looked over his shoulder and saw the Doc eyeing her jam, he hoped he wasn’t thinking about eating any of that stuff, if was more toxic than even his worst meals. Just then he felt the Doc’s arm wrap over his beefy shoulders.

"So how about it, spare a piece of bread in here you two?" Zahra asked. So now he wanted the bread, which was fine. Shrugging the Doc’s arm of his shoulders he put on an oven mitt and opened the big oven full of bread. Grabbing the paddle on the side oven he slid it underneath one of the loaves and pulled it out. Removing the glove he produced a cutting board and a bread knife, and cut off the end piece of the loaf and tested it, it was pretty darn good. Cutting another piece of bread for Zahra, he turned around and handed it to him.

“There you go enjoy, it’s fresh, it should tide you over till the rest of the crew get back and me eat out little meal” and with that said, he turned his back on Zahra and busied himself by cutting the rest of the loaf of bread, adding some seasoning to the chowder and then closing the oven, so that the rest of the bread would remain hot. With all this done he headed out to the dining hall with the cutting board in hand, with all the bread from the first loaf on it.

“Here’s some grub for you fellows, I promise you it’s not poisonous” he declared for everyone in the hall to hear. He then set down the cutting board and returned to the kitchen, to mind the chowder.

"Gale! Wake up sleepy head!" Alexa shouted as she opened the door to Gale's room holding two small boxed lunches. To her surprise he was no where to be found. "That's odd... He's usually here."

She was soon blinded by a cloth towel. Throwing it off she turned to see Gale standing behind her. Furious she threw the towel back and of course he caught it. "Doofus! What was that for?"

"You should knock before entering someone's room." Gale said placing the towel over his shoulders. He stood before her shirtless and it was obvious that he had just finished showering.

"What did you want with me anyway?" He asked throwing the towel on the bed and grabbing shirt as he began putting it on.

"Raven made us this lunch. You weren't around so I told him I would give it to you." She replied placing his lunch on a shelf.

"My old man?" He asked chuckling just finishing fixing his shirt. Walking towards the bed he picked up the lunch sitting down. Looking over at Star he happen to notice her cloths. "I told you before that you should wear something different."

"What are you talking about?" She started as she opened her box. "What's wrong with my outfit? Don't you like?"

"It's not that. Some of the guys here haven't been with a woman for sometime now. Seeing you dressed like that could catch their attention." Giving the advice he took a big chunk out of his sandwich.

"If guys try anything. SMACK!" She yelled flexing her right arm muscle. "Hey wait a second. You didn't answer my question. How do you like it?" Getting in his face she glared at him awaiting the answer.

Nothing came out of his mouth. He was rather embarrassed to say anything really.

Star giggled pinching Gale's nose, "Doofus. Well I should be leaving. I have to ready my sniper for later." Getting up she walked out of the room. "Tell your Pops that the lunch was awesome." With that said Star shot off for her room leaving him alone.

"Smooth move Gale" He said flopping back on his bed. Feeling rather upset with his comment he gazed up at the ceiling and began daydreaming.

Hotshot

((OOC: Ashds - Logan isn't on this raid. He's on the ship, doing whatever he does when he's not in battle. Don't worry, the airship is hovering a good ways over the castle...so it would take a pretty long while to shimmy up those ropes. I've got another method of getting up there later when we escape. So I'm gonna need you to edit that post.

We're waiting on ShadoWolfDemon, Feraligatr12, and DKzM0mA [gosh, that's hard to write] to post before we wrap this raid up...))

------

Jill's eyes narrowed as a soldier rushed towards her. She readied her blade, her fingers twitching with excitement. Ah, the thrill of battle...

The guard was upon her. She ducked instinctively, avoiding a sudden beheading, and then stepped to the right to dodge a downward slash. Raising her sword, she blocked the guard's swipe at her middle. She grabbed hold of the guard's shoulder and pulled herself close, just a hair's breadth away from his ear. Smirking, she whispered coyly, "What's the matter, soldier? Can't seem to bring yourself to kill a girl? My, my, what a gentleman."

She frowned. Thrusting him away with a forceful push of her sword, she spat, "I hate gentlemen."

The guard staggered backwards, and found himself caught in the flurry of Jill's attacks. He struggled to parry her moves, but she was much too fast. She feinted right, then hit left, leaving a deep gash in the guard's upper leg. The man grimaced with pain, and tried to block her oncoming attack at his shoulder.

But Jill feinted again, and came at his chest. Her blade pierced his armor, and dug slightly into his upper torso, sending blood gushing forth. Ripping her blade out, Jill sent the guard hurtling backwards with a firm kick in the stomach.

"Ha! Don't underestimate me, soldier...it costs you your life."

-----------------

Jack Bonny took his leave of Mechs, saying he had something to get done before the captain got back. Mechs nodded, and turned back to peer down from the airship's window. He couldn't see much now, because the raiders had moved away from the castle windows. Sighing, Mechs turned around and walked away, his hands stuffed into his pockets.

The airship's head-mechanic pulled his wrench off his belt and began to twirl it in his fingers nonchalantly, nodding to several crewmates as he passed by. He walked down several halls until finally he came to the engine room. Reaching back into his pocket, he withdrew a key. He inserted the key into the door, and turned. It unlocked, and he stepped inside. "Ahh....the engine room...I seem to spend most of my time here anyway...I might as well see how it's doing," he muttered to himself.

He approached the large engine and inspected it thoroughly. Rapping his knuckles against it, he listened for any sound out of the ordinary. It seemed to be working fine. He shrugged and walked back out. Locking the door behind him, Mechs walked towards the forecastle, where the crew's chambers were located.

Last edited:

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Brooke scowled when the Captain shot down six of the twelve soldiers. She could have done that, really. Any of them could. To her, it was just him being a show-off, but then again, he was the name everyone amoung the Aristocrats feared.

Still, Brooke wasn't complaining. She'd have her cheap thrill for the day. It wasn't as if any of these guards knew the first thing about dealing with pirates; hardly any of them did, at least, not for pirate's of Brooke's level.

"What weapon do I use? How about I flip one of your precious coins?" Brooke asked, rushing the gaurd she was facing. She knocked him over with a quick knee to the stomach, and then, pinned the man down quickly. She reached into his pocket, pulling out a golden coin, which in comparison to the rest of the loot in the building, seemed minimal, but to Brooke, it was like a diamond.

"Heads or tails? It will decide your fate." Brooke demanded, smirking as the guard whimpered before her.

"H-heads," the man stuttered, hoping that he might be spared. Brooke's smirk just became more vile, if that was possible, and flipped the coin between her fingers, toying with the man.

"Heads, I use my gun," she said. "Tails... I use my sword."

It was then that the man realized he had no choice in his life or death, and let out a wail of terror. Brooke let the coin fly into the air, catching it. She opened her hand so that only she could see the result, and then smiled to her ears. To the man, it could have been a demon staring down at him, with pointed drooling teeth that dripped acid. Brooke was just truely that terrifying.

"Say goodbye!" Brooke yelled, pulling out her gun. The man hardly had time to pray to any gods he believed in before Brooke pulled the trigger, silencing him to death.

"Done and done. Time to collect some loot."

***​

Jayden stared out towards the fight, checking off parts of the battle as they occured. He'd planned the raid well, knowing it would be an easy process.

He took a bite of some stale bread as he watched Brooke terrorize her soldier, and then move on to collect loot. The raid was going along smoothly, and for that Jay let out an uncharacteristic smirk.

Footsteps on the forecastle brought Jay's attention to Mechs, whom he only awknowledged with a nod before turning back to the battle at hand. Jay wouldn't say he liked anyone on this ship, but Mechs was tolerable at least. He didn't annoy him to no end like the less mature members of the crew.

"Raid is successful," Jay sighed, turning his back from what he concidered to be his handywork, even if he was taking no part in it. "Things just seem to get easier and easier with these Aristocrats. So easy to predict."

DKzM0mA

Bring it.
((OOC: Dkz is fine Hotshot =p))

IC:

Two were blown through with a cannonball. One was was decapitated, another pummeled to death and the rest slaughter with the captain's mighty blade. The captain turned away from the multiple corpses with an unsatisfied look on his face and went to do his own business. Jase found it kind of funny, if he wanted to some more action he could gladly take those scum on. No need to make a fuss. While the others had already started fighting their opponents, if you can even call them that, Jase was casually sitting one of the dining tables eating some of the glorious food the Noble had served for everyone at the party. It was an awesome change from the grob they eat on the boat.

One of the soldiers approached Jase, blade forward, ready to attack. "Aaaahh...great. Because Boss-man made such a freakin' fuss now this guy wants to fight." Jase got up, wiping his face with a napkin to remove the food that was still on his face. Jase raised his arm and used his other to stretch it; cracking sounds were heard. "It's been a while I guess...but you know, I don't mind just letting you go. I'm usually not like this, so this is a once in a life-time opportunity." Jase gripped his sheathed knife on his waist.

"I can never betray my master!" The man said pointing his blade towards Jase. "I'm not like the other weak-willed soldiers here who simply give up in the face of you scum." The man raised his blade over his head and charged. " I WILL defeat you!!"

"Well this is a problem..." Jase muttered before charging toward his opponent. Jase quickly extended his arm and grabbed hold of the man's sword arm before he swung. "It seems we're both men who follow their masters to the end..." Jase let go of his arm allowing the man to swing his blade, but Jase knowing this was coming side-stepped. Jase then quickly swung his fist into the man's face which was the only part of his body not covered with armour. After the hit, Jase followed up with a kick to the chest pushing the man backwards.

The man was astounded. Blood was dripping from his nose and despite wearing armour, his stomach hurt from that kick. Just who were these Sky pirates?! The man looked around to see his comrades getting slaughtered. One by one, they were being cut down, shot up...ruthlessly murdered. This fight was completely one-sided; it can't even be considered a battle. The man quickly turned his head back towards his opponent but felt a sharp, burning feeling. Blood trickled down his head as the blade that had impaled his head was hanging lose from the shallow wound. "Wha..." The soldier collapsed.

"Thats one hell of a skull you have there." Jase said still keeping his arm fully extended out after throwing his knife. "Did you forget we were in a battle? Cause I didn't." Jase said as he removed the blade from the corpse's head. Jase sheathed the blade and scanned the area. The others had pretty much finished up their opponents. Jase noticed the beauties in the room who were attending the party before they had crashed in. Much more cuter then the psychopathic Brooke and the always-angry Jill.

Jase walked over to the victim of Jill Tempest. Jase watched as the man slowly died from the extreme blood-loss from his chest. He was gasping for air as he shed some tear but then soon died.

"Jeez Boss-girl, couldn't at least let the guy die...quicker?" Jase joked.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Gaia saw Logan in the door opening she ticked her straw-hat somewhat more up so Logan could see her face "Hello Logan," Gaia just said, "I'm busy, sorry. So I have to go now" She said as she stood up, "It was my time to check all Fighter Jets" She stated as she walked past him to the mechanic quarters, when she was there she checked every single Fighter Jet for any damage, ofcourse the one from Logan was damaged again. Gaia sighed as she took her wrencher and hammer "Does the guy ever learn?" She muttered as she started,

"Man, his motor is broke!" Gaia said, "I need Mechs help," As she looked around "Where is he anyway?" Gaia muttered, "Looks like I have to go to the male quarters....." She thought as she started walking to the crew's chambers. When she got there she saw the 2 doors; Male, Female. Gaia sighed as she opened the door into the Male part "No choice...." She though as she stepped in. A silence occured, because usually no girl would've even dared to go into the male quarters. Gaia started walking, ignoring the looks of several man; Hungry to a woman. All men heard atleast once about Straw-hat Gaia, if it was good or bad. You had always to watch out for her, you'll never know which trick she'll use. As Gaia finally saw Mechs; or his real name Walter Haley, She stopped in front of him "Walter "Mechs" Haley, I need you're help" She stated, some of the pirates started to cheer.

"Go get her boy!" One shouted,

"Don't hold back!" Another one shouted,

Gaia just ignored those comments, she knew about the fact that the male sky-pirates are always woman thirsty, but she also knew about the fact that Mechs liked somebody else. So Gaia just looked to them, so the silence returned. But before Mechs even stood up, some of the newer recruits came up; "Seems like they clearly haven't shown respect....yet." Gaia thought,

"What's with that babe?" The first said,

"Why would you pick him?" Another one said pointing to Mechs, "We're much better for somebody like you!"

Everybody gasped by those words; because the older recruits knew that Straw-hat didn't liked some of those comments, last week she even beated one of them up for flirting with her; The poor guy still has a broken arm.

"Cmon, You're just worth enough for us!" One guy from the group said,

All others looked at each other, they are death. Gaia sighed, as she took off her strawhat, revealing her long to her chest going brown hair, she gave the straw-hat to Mechs. "Can you hold that for a moment?" Gaia asked, "Thanks" She said, as she took her catapult. "This is all I need," She stated.

"Since you're a lady, we'll take it easy." One said, "We want to have you alive" He stated.

Gaia rolled her eyes, and took a small ball out of her bag, which she putted in the launch bag "Bring it" she just said, as she fired the small ball, which turned out to be a small smoke ball. It exploded with a small cloud of smoke coming from it, which Gaia used to kicked one of them to the ground, the second one, got a nice fist in the face whilst the 3 and last one, get kicked in the groin and then a knee in the stomach. When the cloud of smoke disappeared. It seemed like victory for Gaia, althought it was already obvious from beginning, "Come on Mechs, there's work to do" She said, as she walked over the 3 "Be lucky I have a good day today" She said as she looked back to the victims, when they finally where out of the Male's quarters, Gaia sighed. "Boy it's sure messy at you're spot Mechs, but now serious, I need you're help. You know Logan right? Red hat, Robot eye and Hawk eye? His Fighter Jet is broken, his motor and everything! I need you're helping fixing it." Gaia said, "Sorry to disturb the ummm, silence" Gaia said, as she took back her strawhat which she putted back on her head; Covering her glancing, long, brown hair.

When they finally arrived at the fighter jets she pointer "There's the Andromena!" She said, when they started working Gaia said "I'm sorry you couldn't help with the raid, and that I need you're help. Maybe I can do something in return for you?" She said,

Hotshot

((OOC: I'm going to get us moving...))

"Jeez Boss-girl, couldn't at least let the guy die...quicker?" Jase joked.

Jill rolled her eyes. "Psh. What's the fun in that?"

Turning back to the battle at hand, she readied her blade for another attack, but the booming voice of the captain stopped her in her tracks. "ALRIGHT, MEN...AND WOMEN! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! BACK TO THE AIRSHIP!!"

Jill sighed, and sheathed her cutlass. "Maaan...that didn't exactly last as long as I had hoped. Doesn't the military know how to fight?"

Captain Tempest rested a hand on her shoulder, and smiled down at her. "HAHAHAHA!!!" he roared, shaking her lovingly. "That's my girl! Now get your backside back on the ship!"

On cue, two huge holes blew open in the roof, allowing two platforms to be lowered by chain. The raiders split into a group of two, each carrying stolen valuables, and hopped aboard their respective platform; Captain Tempest, Jill, and Jase on one, Brooke, Thomas, and Sean on the other.

As the platforms raised up through the roof, Captain Tempest shouted, "THIS IS WHAT COMES OF THOSE WHO DANCE WITH THE BEHEMOTH SKY PIRATES!!!"

----------------

"I'm sorry you couldn't help with the raid, and that I need your help. Maybe I can do something in return for you?"

Mechs sighed, stroking his imaginary beard and surveying the fighter jet. Absent-mindedly, he muttered, "Nah, it's fine. I'm okay...Man, this baby's banged up pretty badly. From the looks of it...the motor's busted too."

Furrowing his brow, Mechs squatted, and pulled his wrench off his belt. He bit his tongue, a habit of his when he was lost in thought, and then turned to Gaia, "I think I can fix this up pretty quickly. You go on ahead. Dinner should be starting soon."

And with that, he set to work. Grunting as he went, Mechs crawled underneath the jet. He rolled onto his back, and then began to tweak some of the jet's problems. "...Hm...pretty bad...could take longer than expected..." he murmured to himself.

-----------------

The Behemoth crew had gathered in the airship's massive mess hall, some ready to chow down, others groaning with anxiety as to what Chef Slaughter would concoct next. Captain Tempest sat at the ginormous table's head, with Jack Bonny on his right, and Jill on his left. The other sky pirates lined the sides of the table, conversing, laughing, and arguing.

The sound of Tempest's robotic arm pounding against the table silenced everyone. Raising an eyebrow, he said, "Wow. That was faster than usual. What's wrong with the lot of you?"

A few chuckles resounded among the hungry sky pirates. Tempest continued, "Today was a good day...for both us, and the Aristocrats. Us, because we obtained a few...'gifts' from the Aristocrats' noble pockets. Them, because they were humbled...and humility is a very useful thing...or so I hear."

A few more bursts of laughter. "So now," Tempest said with a grin, "let's eat! Chef Slaughter, Kiera, bring in the goods, will ya?!"

As the conversing, laughing, and arguing began again, Jill surveyed the room. There was a chair empty, and Mechs was nowhere to be found. That's just like him, she thought, frowning. He's probably caught up in some new project...something that simply cannot wait until after dinner. That idiot...

She stood, and walked out, attracting little or no attention whatsoever. Everyone was too busy either choking down Slaughter's food, or groaning at the sight of it. Jill had an idea as to where to find him. He's helping someone else out...of course. That softy.

Upon entering the fighter jet hold, she noticed a pair of legs sticking out from underneath a jet. "Since when did fighter jets have legs?" she inquired playfully. Approaching the jet, she grabbed Mechs' feet and forcefully yanked. Mechs grunted, and then slid out from underneath the jet, caked in oil.

"WHAT IS IT?!" he exclaimed, angrily. "Oh...Jill...sorry...heheh...er...something the matter?"

Jill put her hands on her hips. "Yeah, you're missing dinner."

She offered Mechs her hand, and he took it, hesitantly. Jill pulled him up to his feet, and then punched him in the shoulder. "Now let's go get some grub before Bonny eats it all!"

"He does seem to be the only one who actually enjoys Chef Slaughter's meals," Mechs murmured, smiling.

Last edited:

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
In the mess hall, Thomas was sitting in at a corner table, by himself. He had already finished his small meal of 3 slices of bread topped with some sort of jam, and a glass of apple cider, which came from a keg he grabbed before the raid ended.

"Man, that cider was great..." Thomas said to himself. "The jam was kind of sour, but still good."

Thomas got up from his seat and walked to the kitchen counter. He deposited his plate and glass onto the tiled counter.

"That was a excellent meal Chef," Thomas said causally into the kitchen. "The jam was just a bit sour though."

Thomas, now full with bread and cider, walked towards the door of the mess hall. While he walked, he recounted the kills that he accquired during the mission.

'Let's see,' Thomas thought to himself, 'One sword kill, then I killed the rifle man with my pistol, and I got two more with the rifle I "borrowed"...'

He made it to the door, and before he could put a hand on the door to open it, the door opened. Out of the now open door walked a young man, covered in a black liquid, he quessed oil from the smell, and the Captian's daughter. Thomas stepped out of the way of the two.

"The meal is great," Thomas said to the couple as they looked at him. "You should try some of that jam they got..."

After running into the two, he walked down the various halls within the airship, until he reached his room. Thomas opened the door to his room. It was a small room, with one bed, a in-wall bookshelf, a wall hanger, and a dresser. The room was covered in clothes and the only thing in his dresser was his blue flight suit.

"I really need to clean this up," Thomas said to himself.

Thomas took off the black jacket he had been wearing, and removed the pistol holster, and hung them on the wall hanger next to his flight helmet. He also took of his dirty, sweaty shirt, and threw that into the laundry hamper in the corner. He then got a fresh, white T-shirt off the ground, and put it on.

"Now what book should I read?" Thomas asked himself as he looked at his bookshelf. "Ah, yes 'The Elegant Universe' by Brian Greene."

He removed the book from its place amoung a dozen books, and took it out of the room with him. He walked down the halls of the airship again until he made it to the aircraft hangar. He entered the large room where four airplanes were stored. He paced the length of the room, looking at each aircraft.

"These aircraft are really unique," Thomas commented. "This one is a modified World War II bomber, and these two I don't even know the models."

Thomas continued walking until he reached his plane. The sleek, grey-with-various-splotches colored F-22 Raptor was the jet Thomas escaped in when he defected from the Aristocracy. Under the cockpit window read his name in black, cursive paint: Brig. Gen. Thomas Solace "Dragon 1".

Thomas climbed up the ladder and opened the cockpit. The cockpit window flipped up and he climbed inside. Thomas inspected the various gauges, and indicators. The high-tech equipment of the plane facinated him. Stealth capable, high-resolution radar, and afterburning turbofan engines, this baby's got it all. He reclined the seat in the cockpit, relaxed and opened the book.

"Chapter 7: The 'Super' in Superstrings..."

Last edited:

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
"Fine," Gaia muttered as Mechs said she should eat "Just don't forget to eat yourself, it may be gross.... But you get it." She said as she sighed and walked away. "I think I'll skip this meal, not really hungry" Gaia thought as she walked away, while she just walked aimless around, she saw Thomas, he was on his way to the bigger air crafts. Gaia decided to follow him, since she got nothing else to do, when Gaia arrived there she heard Thomas reading out aloud an old book, "What are you reading there honey?" Gaia asked, standing next too him, "It sounds interesting," She said as she looked to him and winked. "Shall I be your company?" She said with a smile; Showing her bright white teeth. "Woops, here I go again" Gaia said with a smile "My name is Straw-hat Gaia, master thief, Fighter Jet Pilot, and part-time Mechanic." She said,

(Bit short post D: you're replying to this Tomdraco you hear me? :p)

Last edited:
"You sure you wanna eat this?" Star whispered into Gale's ear. She was sitting three chairs down from The Captain while Gale was four. Both of them seemed rather disgusted at the food before them.

"I think I'm gonna skip dinner today." He said knowing the penalty his stomach would pay eating this. He just sat only to keep Star company.

"I'm glad your staying here. Being around everyone will show that you are changing." She said nudging him with her elbow.

"If you say so." Gale stated sounding rather grumpy. He took a sip from the glass placed before him.

"Everyone!" Star yelled standing up catching the attention of all the pirates at the table. Star raised her glass in the air. "A toast! For a successful raid. Long live Captain Tempest and The Sky Pirates!" The others followed her example and raised their glasses as well.

Gale too raised his glass with the others. "Too Captain Tempest." He said before gulping down his drink and slamming glass on the table.

Star smiled seeing him do this. He was finally participating in activities with others and she was happy about it. Sitting down she gulped down her drink as well. "At least there is something good at this dinner." She said laughing fixing more of the great beverage.

Gale joined in on her laugh and got her to fix him more. "You've got that right. Still don't see why my old man didn't help on the meal. Since we did accomplish something great you would think we'd have a good meal." He said to Star sitting back stirring his drink.

Last edited:

ironknight42

(OOC: This post will start with James Burden (before dinner) and then chef will come back into the story around dinner and I’ll work from there, well James is just sort of chilling in the watch and Harold is busy with dishes. Hotshot with the geography respond however you want, I just want to make sure I do a good job as navigator.)

Burden sat alone, in the dark of his cabin his eyes shut, feigning sleep, in truth he was plunging in and out of the depths of his soul, probing for a truth that he did not know. Like a harpoon his thoughts plunged into the blubber of who he thought he was, hoping to strike the red meat beneath, which is truly James Everett Burden. The blubber was always too thick he would sink deep in just to slow down, and be forced to take a new approach. He mulled about his past and the past of others, attempting to glean some absolute truth from it all.

He could hear the sudden shuffle of feet as the raiding party flung themselves down the long cables, bound for The Aristocrats below. He awoke then from his thoughts, his eyes flickered open as if woken from a dream, and he laid there staring at the ceiling contemplating whether or not to get up. For how long he laid there he did not know, eventually he rose, and lit the lamp with his large metallic lighter. A warm light spread out of it, filling his being and the room with a unique comfort. Opposite the bed in the nook was a book shelf covered filled with note filled journals, historical texts, and the odd piece of literature. Walking over he quickly selected one of the dog-eared journals and moved over to the small bay window looking out of the ship. As he tramped over to the little cushion in the window sill, he heard the faint thunder of the clang of steel and the firing of guns, but it abated after a while, it sounded like the raid was going well.

After perhaps half an hour, he returned the book to the shelf and headed for the door, as he walked out on deck he saw the last of the raiding party slip through the doors towards the kitchen. Following them into the dining hall, he made sure to slip in, he was the last to sit himself down and some of the food was already on the table.
-------------------------------------------------

Slaughter thought he had made a fantastic meal; Bonny was wolfing down the chowder with near unparalleled voraciousness. He noticed that several of the crew men weren’t touching their food and a few had even decided to not eat rather that eat his food. Then Thomas Solace approached him, and said "That was a excellent meal Chef" and then followed it up with "The jam was just a bit sour though." this made Harold feel a little better at least some people liked his food besides Kiera made the jam. He left the big pot of soup with the ladel on the table but he picked up all the dishes that still weren’t needed and headed off into the kitchen to clean them.
----------------------------------------------

James ate “Chef Slaughter’s” food with little relish, but food was food, but at least it was not a poisonous concoction like it sometimes was. After dinner he rose and quickly approached Captain Tempest and Bonny and asked them about where they are planning on heading next.(This sentence is just so I can ask you this, this is supposedly set one Earth many years from the present so are we using modern geography(except perhaps some name changes such as for example New York City would likely be destroyed so we would refer to it by a different name such as for example the Meadowlands. The other option is make up new geography all together)

After consulting the captain, James walked out on to the main deck and headed up to the quarter-deck to consult Bonny on where to go. In lea of any other duties to perform, James head up into the watch and pulled out a cigarette and kept watch and waited just in case his presence was necessary.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Jay sat the fifth chair down from the captain, his eye twitching when Star made the toast to Captain Tempest. The crew cheered and drank their alchohol, but Jayden wasn't too into the soapy taste that it left on his tounge.

Still he downed his cup in one gulp, savoring the burning sensation in the back of his throat. Life for him was constantly a win-loose situation. This was a representation of how he was treated; without his plan, the raid would not have gone as smoothly, yet no one recognised him for it.

Tch, its all as well, Jay thought, grabbing another piece of stale bread from the table. Like Gale, he wasn't too sure about the dinner tonight. It was all as well he supposed. He wasn't too into... food. He was more into... his own little world. Things were better that way.

"It will be great when we get some real grub around here," a voice shouted from across the room. Jayden groaned inwardly. Brooke had probably had one too many drinks again after such a successful battle. She was like that: gaining pleasure out of pain. Sadistic, was probably the best word for her. Sadistic, and aloof... except for when she had alchohol.

Jayden however was sorely wrong about Brooke being happy from drinking tonight. She was happy about something else entirely, "As I was digging through the treasures, I found that that damned old Aristocrat had a golden-lined guitar. Beautiful sound that thing makes!"

Her voice sounded about ten times closer then it had a few seconds ago. Jay looked behind him, only to find Brooke was in between him and Gale, a smile stretching from ear to ear. Okay, so, by the look on her face she was still drunk, but that didn't matter to Jay at the moment as much as the fact that she was way to close to him for personal comfort.

"Brooke, you're drunk," Jay muttered, pushing her face away from Gale, and most importantly, himself. "Please, don't come with your horrid breath over here. You know I don't like it."

"Speak for yourself *******," Brooke responded, crossing her arms. "I just thought someone might be happy for me for once. I never get to enjoy myself on this ship."

"Yeah right," Jay muttered, starting his next round of drinks.

"******* child, what does that mean?" Brooke spat. Her eyes were bloodshot, from too much drinking. Jay snorted in response, taking another sip of his drink. Brooke fumed, grabbing Jayden by the collar of his shirt. Jay choked on his drink, spitting it out onto the table.

"What does it mean?" she demanded. Suddenly, she didn't seem so drunk. Just furious.

"You're sadistic. You enjoy killing people. Don't deny it. Now, put me down."

"*******!" Brooke yelled, this time probably bringing attention to herself from the whole room.

"Yeah, I am a *******. My father is most likely dead at this point. Now that we have that fact settled, let me down."

"Fine," Brooke spat, letting Jay fall to the floor. Jayden hit the unforgiving floor rather hard, but he didn't flinch at the pain. He wasn't going to give Brooke that pleasure.

He got up, dusting himself off, and then glared at Brooke, "You should be glad I don't enjoy hurting people, cuz you are really asking for it. Now, if you'll excuse me."

Jay grabbed his coat off his chair. The crew had already gone back to their partying. Brooke and Jayden had these kinds of scuffles a lot, and most of the time, they ended up just being verbal abuse. Nothing a pirate hadn't heard.

"Sorry Gale, Star," Jay sighed. "Didn't mean to cause trouble."

With that, Jayden walked out of the room. Mechs and Jill passed by him as he walked out, but Jay didn't bother to say hello. He wasn't really too much of a social creature.

"Back to the cave," he sighed, heading down to his quarters. It was always dark and stuffy down there, but he rarely opened his door unless he was leaving his room (which was rare), or if the Captain needed to discuss their next raid with him; hence, the title of "The Cave." With no natural light and a grey paint job, the name he'd given it really fit the place.

With another sigh, Jay plopped down onto his bed.

"When will life actually get better?" he said to himself, though his voice was muffled into a jumble by his pillow. Absentmindedly, he thought of his sister, wondering if she'd found a place to stay, or if she was even still alive....

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
(OOC: Stories and suppers! Woo! Feel free to become the person to Cid's left and be 'saved' from Slaughter's stew.)

Cid sat around the small table, laughing and taking a swig of hot tea from his mug (he didn't dare drink during a raid, whether or not he was involved). They had given up the card game after only three rounds and turned to idle talk since then. The man to his right snorted and placed his soda glass on the table.

"Okay, so the farm I was at, our boss had this huge mustache. Long tips with the curls and everything," he said, making wide gestures with his arms. "He loved of the thing like a son, groomed and waxed it every morning. Anyway, one day, he gets all drunk and starts rambling about, whippin' us at telling us that we're scum, ya know. Then he stumbles over to the barn and just passes out. Boom." Cid nodded and took another sip of his tea as the man continued with his story "We couldn't even move 'im. So while he's out, this lad James gets a pair of scissors and snips the thing right off his face. Right under his nose!" The table burst into laughter, but the man shook his curly-haired head.

"Oh, he was peeved, though," the man continued, picking his glass up again. "So the next morning, he wakes up and it's gone. He's furious, but he can't exactly come out and say 'someone stole my mustache,' ya know?" Cid chuckled and nodded. "So the boss calls us all in to take roll. He was eyeballing the men something nasty, it was so dead quiet you could hear a pin drop. I seriously thought he was gonna shoot us. Then he comes across Jim, and he's wearing the gorramn mustache on his face." Cid couldn't help it now, he spit his mouthful of tea back into his cup and began laughing uncontrollably. The storyteller slapped his knee, saying, "Starin' him down, wearing his own-"

Then all three of the men's communicators went off. Cid lazily picked his off his belt and glanced at the screen. Yup, sure enough, that was the signal that the raid was about done. Cid sighed, put it back onto his belt and drained what was left of his mug. Ah, Kiera made some damn fine tea. And if he wasn't mistaken, he'd get some more of her food soon; the Captain usually let the crew in on a big meal after a successful heist. Ah, today was a good day.

Cid suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned around to see Kiera standing behind him in her white apron, staring blankly though her large glasses. How did she get there? He hand't heard or seen her move... she did this sneaking-up thing quite a bit, actually. He turned around to look at her more fully and waited for her to say something. Then again, that could certainly take a while for her. He was about to speak instead, but Kiera took the initiative.

"Tables. Arrange." With that, Kiera turned and headed back into the kitchen. Cid raised one eyebrow, but dropped his head, resigned. He couldn't turn down a request from her somehow. He didn't know what it was, but he just liked the woman. Wanted to do good for her. It was stupid, honestly. Nonetheless, he stood up and started moving the tables around.

"C'mon, you Sallies. We're moving these tables around for supper," he said to the men he had been playing cards with. Not a request or a question. He told them, and that's how it was going to be.

"Ah, looks like yeh've got a soft spot," one of the men said. Cid growled and slugged him on the shoulder.

"Shaddup."

Not two hours later, almost the entire crew of the Behemoth was gathered around one big table. It was a bit crowded, he had to admit, but he didn't really mind. He just wanted to eat right now; he hadn't done any work since morning, and he was still starving! Just hearing the fresh tales the raiding party had brought back was working up his appetite. Drumming his fingers on the table, Cid watched the Captain impatiently, waiting for the inevitable speech. They weren't long, but they happened ever time, and- ah, there it was now. Captain Tempest pounded the table with his mechanical arm, making a loud noise that silenced the table in less than three seconds.

After a short silence, the Captain said, amused, "Wow. That was faster than usual. What's wrong with the lot of you?" Cid chuckled and listened as he kept on, "Today was a good day...for both us and the Aristocrats. Us, because we obtained a few...'gifts' from the Aristocrats' noble pockets. Them, because they were humbled...and humility is a very useful thing...or so I hear." Cid laughed heartily, in full agreement.

Then Tempest, obviously as hungry as the rest of the table, announced, "So now, let's eat! Chef Slaughter, Kiera, bring in the goods, will ya?!" At that moment, on cue, half a dozen hands came from the kitchen carrying soup, bread and meat, vegetables... Cid grasped his fork tightly and eyed over the food, keeping in his mind what he had seen Kiera prepare as opposed to Chef Slaughter's "landmine cooking," as he described it. As the potatoes (safe) were put down in front of him, Cid reflexively claimed the spoon and heaped a serving onto his plate. Then he skipped over the chicken (Slaugher's) and nabbed a slice of bread. Before he could take a bite out of it, he found a butter-knife covered in jam directly in front of his face. Startled, he followed the hand and arm attached to the knife, finding himself looking again at Kiera in the seat to his right. That woman needed to learn to announce herself!

Kiera said nothing, simply staring at him and holding the knife there. Cid hid his discomfort and held the bread out to Kiera, who spread the jam over his bread. There was no way to avoid the jam now. There seemed to be only one thing that she couldn't make, and that one thing she did very poorly and for some reason insisted on making it constantly. He couldn't avoid eating it now without offending her, and Cid really didn't want to do that. So, feigning a smile, he took a bite of the bread and returned to his food. As he chewed, Cid steeled himself. He knew what effect the jam had on him; first he was aware of the sour taste, and then his legs went numb. He decided to force the rest of the bread down now, then followed it up with some mashed potatoes to drown out the taste. He wouldn't be able to feel anything below his waist for a good fifteen minutes, but at least he wasn't intending on going anywhere.

Cid looked over to Kiera's plate, which only had a few slices of yam, a handful of corn and a small piece of roast on it. She wasn't scrawny, and this wasn't helping. In spite of himself, he picked a large dumpling and a serving of some fish, dumping them onto her plate.

"Eat," he said firmly. Kiera didn't react beyond prodding the dumpling like a foreign object, then taking her knife to it. Cid grumbled and, ignoring more than one shouting match going on around the table, grabbed a full cob of corn (Kiera's cooking), taking a full bite of it plain. Not bad stuff. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the crewman next to him reaching for some of the stew to put in his bowl. Taking pity, he leaned in and said to him,

"Take the potatoes instead. They're safer."

Gale ignored the drunken Brooke and continued to try and enjoy himself. His stomach growled meaning he needed something to eat seeing as how he hasn't eaten since earlier. "Gah this food."

Finally he reached out and grabbed a slice of bread much like Jay. "Hopefully this isn't his work." He said before biting down and tasting it. To his surprise it wasn't all that bad.

Star didn't seem to mind Brooke's attitude... maybe because she was feeling a buzz as well. "That's the spirit Brooke!" She yelled as her face showed signs of redness pretty much meaning she was out of it.

The conversation between Brooke and Jay got way out of hand. "Sorry Gale, Star," Jay sighed. "Didn't mean to cause trouble." He said as he left the table.

Star raised a brow unaware of why he was leaving. "What's his problem? You know Gale you two are quiet alike. Stiff as a board." She said laughing placing her arm over Brooke's shoulder. "Am I right or what?"

Gale was simply gonna ignore her comments since she wasn't really herself at the moment. Plus he didn't wanna upset her since someone he wanted to make sure she got back to her room safely. Not to many trusting male figures here.

"Another round for the beauties of the Behemoth!" Star yelled rather loudly grabbing and pouring more drink for her and Brooke. "Another toast! To us!" She said gulping down yet more alcohol.

Gale sighed seeing her like this and was gonna do something to stop it. "I think you've had enough." He said getting up and taking her glass away.

"Hey buddy lighten up it's a party." She said before falling limp into his arms. "Let me have my fun you doof-" But before she could finish her sentence she fell asleep.

"Never listen till it's too late, eh?" Gale picked up Star placing her on his back, piggyback style. He looked back at her and smiled. "Next time listen to me."

He looked over towards the Captain and in advance excused himself. "Sir, she needs an escort bad to her room. Excuse me." With that said he took his leave.

After several minutes of walking through the hallways of the ship he finally made it to her room. Using her card key he opened the door and placed her in the bed. "Foolish girl." He smiled leaving her room and locking the door. Now he was on his way back to the party to enjoy what ever was left of it.