• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scourge of the Skies (RPG Thread)

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
(I'll let Gaia fight a "boss" like character whilst Mechs can free the prisoners, how 'bout that? xD)

Jayden lead them into the castle, and then waited for the doors to close before turning to address his two comrades, "Sorry about that, but we're in. Mechs, Gaia, stick together. Go find the prison, and set free whoever you can. Lead them out of this place. Kiba, Brooke, and one of my old friends should be following us. Take anyone you find to their boat. I... have a bone to pick with the aristocrat here. Are we clear?"

Jayden got a nod from each of them before turning down a familiar hallway and slipping away into the darkness.

"Guess we've got no choice Mechs" Gaia said as she grabbed his arm and started running the opposite way where Jayden went. "Come on Mechs!" Gaia said as Mechs wasn't running, "This is dangerous territory!" She said, and finally Mechs started running.

When they arrived at a staircase they ran down into the basement, which was huge. "This is it!" Gaia said, "Now where is that control room?" Gaia asked to Mechs.

"tuttuttut," A deep voice said, "Not so fast pretty girl."

"No," Gaia muttered as she freezed on her spot,

Suddenly a man in a black suit and blond hair walked out of a small room and stopped in front of Mechs and her, "Boy boy you've grown up there girl. That was long ago." He said as he put his left hand in his pocket to grab a pack of sigarets and a lighter, he picked a sigaret out of the pack, putted it back and lit it then stook it in his mouth to blow out some smoke. "Since I'm the new Warden around here, I won't let you pass." He said, "But since I'm also the new Warden, I can't let you escape either." He added, as he jumped up and kicked Mechs away,

"Mechs!" Gaia shouted, "You ok?" She asked whilst turning around to see if Mechs was ok.

"Tuttut, no time to turn around there." The man said, as he stood in front of her, and blowed some smoke out of his mouth again.

"One thing is clear," Gaia stated, "I still hate you Sinji."

"I love you too," Sinji said as he was about to kick her.

"Not a change," Gaia said as she blocked Sinji's kick with her own leg, "Mechs! Do what you've gotta do, I'll hold him here for long as possible!" Gaia shouted as she started kicking Sinji, whilst he was kicking back. Suddenly Sinji slammed his fist into her face which blown her into the wall,

"Now to get the other fly." Sinji said as he took his sigaret out of his mouth,

"Not so fast Warden." Gaia said as she stood up again, "I'm your opponent and nobody else!" She stated "Come on Mechs! Go!" She said as she kicked in Sinji's way to hit him in his chest.

( OOC: I'm gonna skip to my characters with the others. Sorry I haven't been on for a while but Hotshot knows why... )

During the fight to free Fiend, both snipers were absent but was present during the escape. Instead of fighting the two spent the time together at a nice restaurant. But now being with the others, it was time to see what will happen now that they have Fiend.

Gale and Star both listened to the conversation between Tempest and Fiend. From what they heard it sounded like Fiend was somebody they needed for this little war against the aristocrats.

“You think this Fiend is really that impressive?” Star whispered in Gale’s ear.

“From the way he looks I would say no.” Gale started as he examined Fiend from afar, “But from how he acts is a whole different story. The man himself had the whole aristocrat guards terrified. I’d say he is a somebody.”

Star agreed with that one after realizing it was all true. Then decided to get quiet so she could actually hear the rest of the conversation. Before she missed anything important.

"Nay, Tempest...I'll get it some other time...because I know you being here must mean something's up." Fiend eyed Tempest carefully. "So...what's the news?"

"I'm gonna be makin' a sky pirate alliance wit' the crews o' the Alibaba an' the Divine Wind."

Fiend raised an eyebrow. "And how do you suppose you'll be doing that?"

Tempest reached into his coat pocket and withdrew the map of Rephasul's normal haunts. "Ya know what this is, don'cha?"

Fiend grinned. "Oh, yes. A sky pirate alliance there shall be...count me in."

Star was dumbfounded once again hearing those names. So she just had to ask. “Question!” She shouted raising her hand. When all eyes were on her she felt a little embarrassed but continued to ask. “What’s…an Alibaba…and the Divine…Wind?”

Gale face palmed at her question. She truly didn’t know a thing about being a sky pirate. Upon seeing this her face became red realizing that she should have known that. “I-I’m sorry.” she said putting her head down.

( OOC: Hopefully my next post will be longer. This was just to make up for the lake of posting I've had. )

Hotshot

“What’s…an Alibaba…and the Divine…Wind?”

Tempest chuckled at Star's inquiry. "The Alibaba an' the Divine Wind are two o' the most fearsome sky pirate airships ever to sail the skies. No military force has been able to bring them down...but for the past few years they've remained dormant...for fear that the aristocrats might finally overpower 'em."

Tempest gazed into the air, and then continued, "The Alibaba is a ship focused almost entirely on attacking. Its firepower is enormous...greater than even the Phoenix."

The captain of the Phoenix paused, and then leaned in closer. "The Alibaba is legendary for its special attack-method. There are a hundred cannons on each side...and to finish off their enemy, the crew fires each o' these cannons ten times in sync...and then the ship turns to fire one final shot to destroy its target."

"They call it the One-Thousand-and-One-Nights," Fiend interrupted, chuckling to himself. "Ol' Kassim, the airship's captain, is famous for it."

Tempest nodded. "Aye...but the Divine Wind is just as powerful, though it has a different style to it. Arima, the ship's captain, partakes in a flying method similar to that of the kamikaze back in World War II. He always claimed that he wouldn't be taken alive by the aristocrats...so if they got close to beating him, he'd unleash a weapon that would set the skies ablaze."

"So, basically," Jill mused, "this Arima guy is suicidal?"

Tempest shrugged. "He hasn't killed himself yet...and he hasn't had a reason to, either. The Divine Wind is thin and sleek...supreme ruler o' the winds. And its cannons aren't any laughing matter either...the airship sports over fifty cannons on each side...if I recall correctly."

"Actually, Tempest," Fiend interrupted again, "it's sixty now. Arima's made a few modifications, I hear."

***​

Mechs rushed down the corridors, leaving Gaia behind to deal with this Sinji-person. As he ran, an alarm sounded, and the room flooded with soldiers. Mechs darted behind a column, and waited for them to pass before slowly slinking his way out. He reached a door, but it was locked.

The young mechanic glanced around, and then fumbled around in his pockets for his key...a one-size-fits-all...his own invention. As he adjusted the ridges to fit into the keyhole, a booming voice rang out, "Here's one!"

Bang! Bang! Bang! Three pistol-shots resounded through the room, just barely missing Mechs as he dashed out of the way. Withdrawing his own pistol, Mechs let a bullet fly, but it was poorly aimed and zoomed way off-target.

The soldier came into view at last, charging at Mechs with his sword. Stuffing the gun back into its holster, Mechs unsheathed his sword and watched as it clashed with the soldier's. A loud clang echoed down the hall, and then another. Soon the soldier and the mechanic were fixed in combat. The soldier would strike low, but Mechs would parry and swipe high. The soldier would step out of the way and bring his sword back down again...and the cycle would continue.

Eventually, Mechs heard more footsteps headed their way, and thought it best to end this quickly. Two more soldiers stepped into the room, both with pistols. The sky pirate ducked to avoid a bullet, and then darted around his sword-wielding opponent, blocking and parrying as he went. With Mechs constantly on the move, it was difficult for the soldiers to get any good shots in, so they stuffed their guns back onto their belts and drew their swords.

Mechs cringed. "Aw, crap."

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Two more soldiers stepped into the room, both with pistols. The sky pirate ducked to avoid a bullet, and then darted around his sword-wielding opponent, blocking and parrying as he went. With Mechs constantly on the move, it was difficult for the soldiers to get any good shots in, so they stuffed their guns back onto their belts and drew their swords.

Mechs cringed. "Aw, crap."

"Allow me to level the playing field!" a voice echoed down the hallway, stopping the soldiers in their tracks. They blinked, and turned around to see a boy no more then eighteen years old, slipping on a pair of gloves. "I dunno who this guy is, but I'm not about to allow you to wail on him. Plus, you're with the aristocrats. That's enough of a reason to kick you sorry asses."

"And me makes three. Sorry we're late Mechs," a more familiar voice called. Moments later, Brooke stepped into the pale light of the hallway, sword in hand. She didn't waste any more time causing dramatic build up, and ran forward, slashing the side of one of the soldiers with ease, causing him to fall to the ground, unmoving. The other soldier let out a cry of fury, and attempted to get a clean shot at Brooke, but the other boy gave him no chance. He dashed forward, and sent an uppercut to the man's jaw. He too, fell to the ground, unmoving.

"Nice punch," Brooke commented. "Kiba wasn't lying when she said that you were a great fighter."

"Hardly," the boy responded, showing his gloves: three small, knife-like blades stuck out of the knuckles, and they were shining crimson with blood. "You don't gotta punch to hard to leave your mark with these things. Designed 'em myself."

Brooke let out a thoughtful grunt, showing her approval, and then turned to Mechs, "We heard gunshots and came running. Where's Jayden?"

***​

Jay stood, panting. His body was covered with fresh wounds, though, nothing fatal... yet. At the rate he was going, he would be dead soon. His brother Devin was much more tactful then he wanted to admit.

"On your last legs Jay?" Devin sneered, drawing closer to his brother. "Let me tell you a story before you go to sleep. Like dad used to do..."

Jayden growled, gripping his swords tightly as Devin took one step after another, drawing ever closer to him.

"Once upon a time, there was a man. His name was Zane," Devin started, wrinkling his nose in disgust. "Zane was our father's dear older friend, if I recall."

"Don't bring him into this," Jay growled.

"Oh but he is very important," Devin countered. He then proceeded to continue like nothing had happened: "You see, Zane and dad were the best of friends, but only one was bound for royalty. That was Zane. However, as you know, Zane broke tradition, and turned the position of aristocrat to his friend. Strange right? Well there was a condition. That his daughter be under eternal protection of the rule."

"Daughter?" Jay asked.

"You should know her well. Does the last name Sangloup ring a bell?"

"Brooke?!" Jayden asked, and then cursed himself for saying it out loud. He stayed silent for a few moments, wondering what this was all leading up to. Devin just let out a laugh, waiting for Jay to click everything together, but when he didn't, he continued:

"Don't you get it?" he sneered. "You've been doing exactly what the aristocrats wanted of you. You were merely a tool to lead her back here, where I could eliminate the last threat to my position."

"Are you nuts?!" Jay exclaimed. "That doesn't make any sense. If dad promised to protect her, then why double-cross him?"

"Tsk, tsk Jay," Devin said sarcastically. "Dad's not here to protect her anymore, and you're the one that's really failed him, and Zane, in the end. You're the one that left her side. Consider Brooke Sangloup dead."

No, Brooke won't go down that easily, Jay thought immediately in order to calm his sudden burst of rage. "That's not all you're up to," Jayden spoke up. "You're doing this to officially label me as a traitor. You're trying to get rid of me and Kiba as well, not just Brooke."

"Very good Jay," Devin said in sarcastic surprise. "You always were the perceptive one in the family."

Jayden said nothing for a few moments. He could hear the clashing of metal and gunshots below him. That meant Brooke, Lee, and Kiba were here already. They were going to all die if he didn't do something....

And then suddenly, Jay let out a laugh, "Honestly Devin. You are such an idiot. To think that I wouldn't have someone to back me up. I'm a Sky Pirate. No, I'm a Sky Pirate under Timothy Tempest, the greatest man to have ever lived."

Jayden then held up his mechanical arm. It shifted into a sort of cannon-like weapon which he pointed to the skylight above him. With that, Jay sent a flare up through the window, wincing as glass fell onto his face.

"Damn you!" Devin shouted, charging forward with his sword. Jayden, who was unprepared for such an attack, was sliced open rather badly on his side. "I'm going to send you right down to hell."

"I'm not going there without taking you with me," Jay growled back, sweeping Devin off the ground with a kick of his legs. "But you'll have to wait for that ticket another time. I have to get everyone out of here."

"You're too late!" Devin called as Jayden retreated down the stairs. "My armies are already after them!"

That means I can only save one of them, Jay thought as he rushed down the stairs as fast as he could. But do I save my sister, or do I save Brooke?

((OOC: I improved maybe, half of that.... Sorry if its confusing. I don't THINK its that confusing, but.... yeah. Hotshot, when you post next with Mechs, lots of enemies are gonna be after Brooke sooo..... bleh. The flare was sent for backup, or at least a ride out of the island. Gives everyone a chance to go to the Aristocrats and get some actiony posts in. xD.))

Last edited:

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
((OOC: Yeah! Actiony posts!))

Thomas sat down as the skyrates stopped retreating from the execution site. Thomas went and got a first aid kit from the good doctor for his elbow. The gash wasn't bad, it just opened up when he bent his elbow too much. He put some bandages and dressings on it, knowing it would be good for now. He listened to the Captian and Feind talking to Star about the two skyrate air-ship that their soon-to-be allies commanded, the Divine Wind and the Alibaba.

'The Divine Wind and the Alibaba, my step-father told me stories of how his fleet fought against them many times...' Thomas thought. 'Though, his well-trained fleet never was able to defeat them, and I doubt he'll beat all three of our ships...'

Thomas leaned forward looking towards the sea.

'Though what worries me is what if Robert's fleet teams up with Wolf's group?...'

Thomas's thoughts and the other's conversations were cut short when what sounded and looked like a firework exploded with red smoke over an island castle off the shore.

'An emergency flare?' Thomas pondered. His thoughts suddenly went to the team that Jayden assembiled to get information from that castle.

"No..." Thomas grunted as he got up and ran, leaving the rest of the crew behind.

'Gaia, are you all right?' Thomas thought as he ran down the street that ran towards the harbor. As he approched the docks, he scanned the marina for a boat. He noticed a fast looking speedboat and hopped in it.

'I seem to be doing grand theft auto more often these days...' thought Thomas as he hotwired the boat. The boat's motor revved as he backed out of the marina and went full throttle towards the castle. As he approched, sirens were wailing and blinking around the castle.

'No doubt they've been spotted...'

Machine gun fire opened up from the shoreline of the castle island. Thomas swiftly manuvered the boat evading the deadly spray of lead.

'I've been dodging bullets my whole life!' he thought as he pulled out his pistol, blasting the machine gunners stationed on the beach. He postioned himself on the bow of the boat, and as the boat hit the shore at full speed, he jumped off and rolled onto the sand. He scrambled back to his feet and entered into the castle through the open machine gun nest, taking a dead guard's M-16 with him. Thomas went through the tunnel that led into the castle, taking down any un-suspecting guard in the shadows of the tunnel. Once he got into the castle, Thomas was confused as to which way each group went. He heard grunting echo down a nearby hallway, so he ran down it to investigate. Upon his arrival, he saw a heavily injured Jayden limping to the bottom of a staircase.

"Jayden, how did you get hurt this bad?" Thomas asked trying to get a grip on the situation. H e helped Jay stand up as his injuries were seriously slowing him down.

"If you're this mangled it means they were expecting you, right? That means Gaia and Mechs are in trouble... We gotta find them."

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Jayden, how did you get hurt this bad?" Thomas asked trying to get a grip on the situation.

Jayden groaned as Thomas came to his aid, and muttered, "Let's just say I haven't got the nicest family...."

"If you're this mangled it means they were expecting you, right? That means Gaia and Mechs are in trouble... We gotta find them."

Jayden nodded, standing up straight again, "Listen, don't worry about me. I need to..." he trailed off, wondering who he was going to go after first. Thomas was a formidable fighter, but he probably wanted to help Gaia more than anyone else, and Jay couldn't deny him that right. "Go find Gaia first. Make sure she's okay. I have to... find..." he trailed off again.

"Just go without me," Jay decided at last. Without another word, Jay pushed passed Thomas and took off down a hallway, vanishing into the darkness.

***​

Kiba was wandering the halls silently, as she was used to doing. She was no fighter, well, not as much of a fighter as Brooke and Lee, and so she went ahead and did what she was good at. Snooping.

"Heh, Devin is stupid to think that I wouldn't remember his habits," Kiba sneered to herself. "The jail keys are right... here!"

With that, Kiba jumped up and grabbed said item off the top of a ledge: "So predictable."

Kiba celebrated her victory silently as she wandered down the halls as silently as a cat stalking its prey. Nothing was going to get in her way now... or so she thought.

Louder then anything she'd ever heard in her life, was a gunshot. Suddenly, pain struck through Kiba's back and chest, knocking the wind out of her and sending her sprawling to the floor. The keys flew out of her hand, and down the hallway a few feet.

"Ugh," she muttered, turning herself around as her vision began to fade fast. Her eyes landed on a very bloody looking teen not much younger then herself. "J-Jay?" she asked.

"You wish it was him don't you," Devin snarled as he stepped closer. "But he cares about another more then he cares about you. Face it sister, you are now dead to all your family in spirit, and in reality. Or you will be with this next shot."

"Devin, don't--" Kiba started, but was abruptly cut off by another gunshot.

"Don't what sister? Oh wait... I guess I'll never know," Devin laughed as he watched the light leave his sister's eyes. He stopped his laughter abruptly though, his face becoming stoic: "You never cared about me enough to bother to find out what I thought all these years that you were gone. Well, now that you're dead, allow me to enlighten you; in case it wasn't already obvious, I hate you. With all my being."

Devin walked up to Kiba's body, kicking it over so that she was sprawled out rather grotesquely, "But I hate Jayden even more. Just wait till he sees you my dear, dear sister. He'll be more broken then ever."

With that, Devin turned around, and retreated to a secluded spot where no one would be able to find him.

Let my armies destroy everything you hold close to you brother...

***​

Brooke, Lee, and Mechs did not have to wait long for more disaster to occur. Suddenly, floods of soldiers converged to them, sending them on a retreat through the vast hallways of the castle.

"I don't get it," Brooke panted. "Why us? What do they want?"

Lee was silent as he took the lead and rounded a corner. Brooke stared at him for a moment, and then Mechs, but was quickly distracted by gunshots sounding behind them. Brooke let out a growl of frustration, and defiantly shot back with her pistol, but it was all in vain.

"Damn. Maybe we should split up," Brooke suggested. "It might lessen the load on all of us. What do you think?"

"It's risky," Lee commented. "They might be trying to split us up. Or you could be right, and we could save our hides that way."

"It's times like these I wish Jayden was here," Brooke muttered.

"Me too," Lee replied. "I miss that little bugger, as much as I hate to admit it. I think he would tell us to split up. Brooke, you go down the right hall, and Mechs, I'll follow you down the left one until there's another split. That work?"

"Yeah," Brooke huffed. "I'll see you guys later."

With that, Brooke diverged from the two men, sprinting down the halls fast. A large chunk of soldiers followed her, but a bigger clump followed Mechs and Lee. Brooke picked up the pace even more, hoping to lose them in the darkness of the castle halls.

Eventually, her footsteps were all she could hear.

"Did I make it?" Brooke asked. She stopped to catch her breath and calm her heart rate. It seemed that they'd lost her....

Sighing in relief, Brooke walked down the hallway, pistol at the ready in case she had to shoot.

However, what she came upon next, not even she could have been ready for....

First, she felt herself step on something hard. Fearing that it may be a trap, Brooke leapt back immediately, but saw that it was only a pair of keys. Confused, Brooke bent down to pick it up... and it was then that she got a fresh wiff of blood.

"Crap," Brooke whispered, picking up the keys as quietly as possible and creeping forward. "Who's there?"

No response came. Brooke gulped. Whatever was waiting for her now, she knew was bad. It was either a fallen soldier, comrade, or a trap of some kind. Perhaps it was all three.

Finally, she came upon the horror of what had just occurred maybe moments before: Kiba's dead and mangled body. The sight was so surprising to her, that Brooke let out a yelp of surprise, and shot her gun.

"Brooke?" a voice called out moments later.

"J-Jay?" Brooke called back, only to realize what had just happened. Fearing for her own life, Brooke dropped her pistol, but Jayden had already seen her.

"You...." Jayden trailed off, looking at the smoking gun and then his sister. He looked back up at Brooke, an unreadable expression crossing his face. "I was too late to save her. Devin was right...."

"It's not what you think!" Brooke shouted.

"It's exactly what I think," Jay replied, diverting his eyes from Brooke. He walked up to Kiba, turning her body over and staring at her lifeless form. "I'm sorry. This wasn't the reunion I wanted to have."

Brooke stood there, not knowing if she should approach him or not. Silence followed as the two teens stood there, at least, until Jay let out a fierce growl. Brooke flinched, and stepped back a few feet, "I swear I didn't do it."

"I know you didn't do it," Jay responded immediately. "Like I said before... I trust you. Besides, you only shot once, and Kiba has two bullet wounds. Not to mention, these bullets aren't from your pistol."

Brooke blinked, wondering how he could still be thinking clearly. Jayden stood up immediately, and walked up to Brooke. His face was completely expressionless as he said, "We have to get you out of here. You especially."

"What about Mechs and Lee?" Brooke asked.

"They're only after you," Jayden muttered. "And... as selfish as this is, you're more important to me then the rest of the crew."

Brooke went redder then a tomato, but Jayden didn't look or comment on it, to which Brooke was thankful for. Either way, Brooke knew they had something to talk about later... if they made it out alive.

"Okay, come on. I know how to get us out of here... I think," Jay said, grabbing Brooke's hand. "There's an underground exit. Once we're out, head for a boat, and get yourself out of here. I need to come back and settle the score with... Kiba's killer."

"Who was it?" Brooke asked.

"My brother," Jay replied, his eyes narrowing. "Devin Darkhart."

***​

Devin, who had watched the whole ordeal from the safety of his hiding spot was miffed. He had hoped that Jayden would do his job for him and kill Brooke... but at least he knew where they were headed.

He brought out a communicator, and spoke to his soldiers to apprehend the two Skyrates, and kill anyone else that got in their way....

Hotshot

As Mechs and Lee sprinted down the castle's many passages, they heard the soldiers slowly gaining on them. It wouldn't be much longer until they were cornered...and on this battlefield, against that many soldiers, they wouldn't last very long.

But Mechs pressed on, struggling to keep up with Lee's long strides. The mechanic wasn't quite as athletic as the others, but he still tried his hardest to stay with Lee.

Suddenly, the right-hand wall exploded, just as Mechs and Lee passed. Brick and debris caved in, and a thick cloud of smoke flooded the corridor. Mechs could just barely make out a couple of silhouettes among the smog...and then a few more...until nearly fifteen newcomers had entered the room.

"DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR SOME BACK-UP?!" Tempest boomed, emerging from the smoke, with his mechanical arm in cannon-mode.

Jasper stepped out from behind the sky pirate captain, and said, "We saw an emergency flare...and presumed that you lot were in a bit o' trouble..."

Tempest cocked his mighty weapon, and aimed it at the oncoming soldiers. The guards stopped dead in their tracks, some even skidding onto their hindquarters. "I-it's...it's Tempest!"

"And Fiend!" exclaimed another, pointing at Roger Fiend, who had just entered through the hole in the wall.

"Together!" the soldiers screamed in unison, turning on their heels and charging back down the way they came.

Tempest chuckled, and pulled back on the cannon's trigger. When he released his grip, a loud 'boom' resounded through the halls, and all of the pursuers, save for the few in front, were caught in the hellfire.

"Solace should already be in here," Tempest growled. He pointed at Gale and Star and said, "You two...go after him and give him some back-up...he'll need it, no doubt."

Next, the captain looked to Mechs. "Mechs, take Jill and...whoever that new guy is...and go look for Darkhart and Sangloup...the rest o' you...come with me...we'll route the enemy..."

Fiend grinned. "Very well then...but may I have a dagger?"

"Why do you need a dagger? You've already got a sword!" Jasper said, raising an eyebrow.

Fiend let out a hardy laugh. "Why? To pick my teeth of course!"

***​

Gale and Star rushed in one direction, while Mechs, Lee, and Jill dashed in the other direction. Tempest looked to the rest of his crew and smiled. "Looks like we got the fun job! Let's go, men!"

"Aye, aye, Cap'n!"

Just seconds later, the members of Tempest's group found themselves in a large room...laden with tapestries and pillars and windows and whatnot. You know, the aristocratic-stuff. Thirty or so soldiers charged into the room from all sides...most of whom wielding swords...but a select few had pistols. Tempest knew these would be the more dangerous ones.

"Alright, Fiend...you're up!"

Roger Fiend chuckled. "Aye, Cap'n."

"Watch an' learn, boys...watch an' learn," Tempest muttered, his eyes narrowing.

Fiend stepped forward to face the soldiers, sword in hand. Moving with a speed and agility unlike any other, Fiend moved in on the crowd of guards. He parried one's attack, and planted his foot against the man's torso, sending him sprawling backwards. The next soldier was less fortunate, and was impaled by his own blade, which Fiend expertly manipulated using his own sword.

One by one, the soldiers fell. It mattered not how many of them attacked Fiend at once, he would use their numbers and their weapons against them. Like a madman he fought, and yet he seemed so sane while doing it. In fact, had one only been watching his face, it would appear as though he were bored.

Indeed he was. These soldiers were little more than child's play for a swordsman like himself. Two guards came upon him, but he ducked and performed a handstand, smacking them both in the chest with his knees. He flipped forward, threw his sword into the air, punched a soldier across the face, and caught his sword by the hilt as it fell back down. Then, as custom, he impaled the guard with his blade.

In one swift motion, he brought the sword back out again, and hit a soldier in the chin with the butt-end of the hilt, before slashing open the soldier's chest with a clean strike.

Now it was time to move on to the pistol-bearers. Like lightning, he moved swiftly, karate-chopped a soldier in the arm, and twisted the man's wrist so that his gun was pointed at his own head. Bang! The soldier fell dead.

The next pistol wielder was subject to Fiend's sword. Fiend brought the blade down on the man's foot, jabbing it just above his ankle. The soldier howled in pain, and dropped his gun, which Fiend caught expertly. Bang! The soldier fell dead.

Now only eight more soldiers remained. Fiend grinned. Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Four of them fell to his newly-acquired weapon. The remaining four opened fire on the sky pirate, but missed entirely, for he was much too fast. Fiend somersaulted away, picked up a fallen soldier's sword, and hurled it through the air. The blade stabbed deep into a soldier's throat, and the man fell, dead.

Now only three remained. And they weren't going to go down easily. Bang! Bang! They fired constantly...for fear that they would give Fiend an opening.

"Aw, that's no fun...how about if I do...this!" Fiend exclaimed, leaping into the air. He propelled himself off the side of a pillar, and fired three consecutive shots at the remaining guards. Bang! Bang! Bang! The last three soldiers fell.

"Hahahaha!" Tempest boomed. "Still as crafty as ever!"

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
"... Let's say I haven't got the nicest family..." Jayden muttered through his pain.

"If you're this mangled that means they were expecting you, right?" Thomas asked. "...That means Mechs and Gaia are in trouble. We've gotta find them..."

Jayden agreed with a nod, getting himself balanced on his own feet.

"Listen... Don't worry about me, I need to..." Jayden said before trailing off to catch his breath.

"Go find Gaia first.... Make sure she's okay... I have to... find..."

He paused once again.

"Just go without me..."

He brushed passed Thomas, and disappeared into the shadows of the castle.

"Geez, that Jayden guy has his share of personal issues..." Thomas commented wondering what Jayden was going to do.

"Although he's right, I've gotta find Gaia and the others..."

Thomas pulled a celluar device from one of his side-packs. The screen turned on and it displayed a blue blinking dot on the screen.

'I guess the tracking chip I put on Gaia so I could keep track of her during the whole traitor fiasco would get some use after all...'

Thomas ran down the corrisponding corridor in the direction that the tracking beacon showed where Gaia was. As Thomas was running he heard the large crashing sound of a stone wall crumbling followed by a familar booming voice.

'That explains the absence of guards in this corridor, they're all over fighting the others...'

The red dot representing Thomas blinked closer and closer to Gaia's postion. Thomas turned a corner to see Gaia ferociously kicking at an man in a black suit, who was blocking her swift feet with his own legs. With a shot from his newly acquirred M-16, Thomas shot the cigarette from the man's mouth.

"Ya know, smoking is bad for your health..." Thomas said as the man and Gaia turned to look at him.

"And who might you be?" the man asked wondering who was this interuppting nat.

"Thomas R. Solace, the leader of the Phoenix's Dragon Squadron." Thomas announced. "And I believe you're messing with my squadmate."

Thomas dropped his gun and ran at the man, unsheating his sword. He sliced at the man who stepped backwards to dodge the katana's steel blade.

"Gaia, are you all right?" Thomas asked. "Let's take this guy down together, ok?"

Suddenly, the right-hand wall exploded, just as Mechs and Lee passed. Brick and debris caved in, and a thick cloud of smoke flooded the corridor. Mechs could just barely make out a couple of silhouettes among the smog...and then a few more...until nearly fifteen newcomers had entered the room.

"DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR SOME BACK-UP?!" Tempest boomed, emerging from the smoke, with his mechanical arm in cannon-mode.

“Looks like you got yourself into a little problem Mechs. Luckily we came here when we did or something horrible could have happened to you.” Gale stated, using his right index finger to twirl the desert eagle in his hand.

“Stop teasing,” Star said elbowing him in the side, “These are our friend so we came to help. You can be such a doofus sometimes.”

"Solace should already be in here," Tempest growled. He pointed at Gale and Star and said, "You two...go after him and give him some back-up...he'll need it, no doubt."

“Aye Captain, Sir!” Star shouted giving a salute with a wink. “Let’s go Gale. Don’t wanna leave a fellow sky pirate hangin.”

Gale followed her lead and ran off in the opposite direction of Mechs and Jill. Although they were told to go this way, the two of them didn’t know where this way lead to. After a short while of choosing random hallways and arguing over which way to go, the two finally saw Thomas but from a distance.

“There he is.” Gale said finally thinking that the search was over. But as the sniper gunslinger duo got closer Thomas took off following some tracking device. The two slowly came to a stop and began breathing heavily.

“And there he goes.” Star said catching her breath. “What could he be searching for in a place? We should hurry and catch up to him before we lose him completely.” She stated as she began to continue her pursuit of Thomas.

Gale on the other hand was still catching his breath. “Dammit Gale. For someone who works out every morning you are out of shape. Maybe I should work on my stamina a little more?” He was now completely lost in his thoughts as he regained his stamina.

“St-Star?” He called out forgetting that she had taken off without him. Taking one last deep breath, Gale ran in the direction Thomas ran in. “I just hope I can find them before running into enemy soldiers or soldier running into them.”

*******************​

"Gaia, are you all right?" Thomas asked. "Let's take this guy down together, ok?"

Star had finally caught up to hear this part of the conversation. “Reinforcements are here. Don’t worry you two me and Gale are here t-” she paused and turned around realizing he was nowhere to be found. “Where did he go?”

“Uh-oh and I just realized…I forgot my pistol on the ship.” She said giving off a weak laugh while scratching her head. So the only thing she could think of was just stay in a fighters stance at least so it looked like she was skilled.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
Gaia was ferociously kicking at Sinji, who was blocking her swift feet with his own legs. while suddenly a shot could be heard, and a bullet hit the sigaret in Sinji's mouth.

"Ya know, smoking is bad for your health..." A voice said as the owner of the voice and the gun came out of the shadows; Thomas.

"And who might you be?" the man asked wondering who was this interuppting nat.

"Thomas R. Solace, the leader of the Phoenix's Dragon Squadron." Thomas announced. "And I believe you're messing with my squadmate."

Thomas dropped his gun and ran at the man, unsheating his sword. He sliced at the man who stepped backwards to dodge the katana's steel blade.

"I am, just tired." Gaia stated as she felt her left-cheek, where a bit blood was from, "I'm happy you're here," She added as she looked again to Sinji.

“Reinforcements are here. Don’t worry you two me and Gale are here t-” Another voice said as Star came out of the shadows, she paused and turned around realizing he was nowhere to be found. “Where did he go?”

“Uh-oh and I just realized…I forgot my pistol on the ship.” She said giving off a weak laugh while scratching her head.

Gaia sighed at this, "A well," She said.

"What's up with the teaparty?" Sinji said, "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Sinji the Warden, I can't show you the way out, but I can show you the way up." Sinji stated as he pointed above, "To heaven to be correct. If you guys are allowed there." He stated as he lid his sigaret and blew some smoke out. "Now where wore we?" He asked as he was about to jump to them again,

Gaia looked to Star and then to Thomas, who was about to shoot again. Gaia grabbed his wrist as a sign to stop him, "Thomas, don't. It's my fight, I still have some things to settle with you guys." She said with a soft voice,

"Well, well." Sinji said as he blew some more smoke out of his mouth. "Aren't you a loveable couple, I'll make sure you're dead bodies will be next to each other." He stated as he jumped out to split Thomas and Gaia up. "And you then?" Sinji said as he pointed to Star with his sigaret, "Don't you have a lover? Then it would be a nice group here, haha" He said and then jumped up to kick Star away,

"As I said, it's my fight, let the other out." Gaia stated as she jumped and blocked Sinji's kick with her own leg to get the impact.

"Well, well" Sinji said as he landed on his feet whilst Gaia landed on her back. "Taking a blow instead of somebody else, that sure is something. Let's just say it's the knock out kick for a reason." he stated as he walked over to Gaia, and bowed down to put his hand under her chin and blew some smoke in her face, by which Gaia coughed in response.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"DID SOMEBODY CALL FOR SOME BACK-UP?!" a voice boomed down the hallways. Jayden stopped suddenly, and let out a smile of satisfaction. So, his little flare had worked after all.

"We're almost there," Jayden said. "I know where his voice came from. Brooke, go on ahead without me. You should be safe with Tempest and the others."

"Jay," Brooke stated sternly. She crossed her arms and stared at him with cold eyes. Jayden stared back, his eyes defiant. He knew Brooke would get this way. She always did. "I am not letting you go back by yourself."

Jayden was going to retort with something snide, but held his tongue. Instead, he averted his gaze, and said in a very quiet voice, "Please Brooke. I can't bare to lose anyone else."

"You won't," Brooke said, putting a hand on Jay's shoulder. Suddenly, something warm and wet drenched her hand. "God dammit Jay! Don't get your other arm cut off too!"

Moodswings much? Jay thought, even though on the outside he was smiling. He brought his mechanical hand to brush off Brooke, and said, "I'm fine. Just let me go--"

"I'm afraid I can't allow that!" a voice growled. Jay whipped around to see that a fleet of about seven soldiers was approaching them. "Lord Devin is having me take you two lovebirds captive."

Jayden facepalmed, wondering if he was supposed to feel embarrassed by that. However, when he looked at Brooke, she was positively red.

Brooke, I am so going to kill you! Jay thought as he let out his own growl. "Okay, fine. Brooke, I think you've won this time. I'll have to save Devin for another day. Let's go lead these guys to the crew."

Brooke nodded, and together, the teens turned and ran towards where they'd heard Tempest's booming voice. Brooke, who was running considerably faster then Jayden, turned a corner and bumped into Lee.

"AUGH!" he exclaimed, whipping around only to catch Brooke from nearly toppling over him. "What the--? Brooke? Where's-- Oh my god, Jayden!"

Jay appeared moments later, his eyes growing as wide as saucers when he saw his old comrade, "Lee, we can catch up later. We've got a bit of a situation. Captain!" Jay turned to Tempest, staring at him for a few moments. "I just have to say, thank Satan you're here."

"Why thank the devil?" Lee asked.

"Don't ya know?" Brooke replied. "That man rose from the depths of hell. If anyone can beat the Aristocrats, it's him."

Lee looked up at Tempest, deep in thought: So, this man is why Jay chose to become a Sky Pirate.... Perhaps it's time I leave the comforts of home to join him too.

But before Lee could even ask, the soldiers came bursting into the room.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
"Thomas don't, it's my fight," Gaia softly spoke. "I still have somethings to settle with you guys..."

"Gaia, are you still upset about the whole traitor issue?" Thomas asked, ignoring the wardens taunting. "I pretty sure everybody's forgiven you, but if you want to take this guy, go ahead..."

The warden leaped between Thomas and Gaia just as he finished his sentence. Thomas jumped backwards, katana raised in defense. Sinji then proceeded to attack Star after taunting her, but Gaia blocked his kick with her own kick.

"This is our fight, leave the others alone!" exclaimed Gaia as she defended Star.

'Sometimes Gaia, you make me wonder how many enemies you've made...' Thomas thought as he passed the furious kicking battle.

"Let's go Star," Thomas said as he approched the un-armed pirate. "I'm pretty sure Gaia can handle herself..."

The two exited the corridor from the way they came from at full speed.

"Our plan of action now should be to regroup with the others." Thomas explained as they ran. "First of all, we've gotta find your partner..."

No sooner than he said that they ran into Gale who was trying to navigate his way through the corridors.

"There you are," said Thomas. "I guess Star here left you behind."

"As for Gaia, she'll be fine. But for now, we need to regroup with the rest of the crew. And seeing how you two came from their direction, you can lead me there."

Just as they were about to leave, Thomas handed Star his pistol.

"You don't want to be un-armed in a place like this..."

“Now where did everyone go?” Gale asked himself lost at three way intersection in the hallway. It was positive that he wasn’t gonna find her anytime soon. “Alright maybe I should go this way.” he decided as he took the path to the right.

“Oh ****!” He yelled as he quickly dove back around the corner. Just as he made it around the corner bullets came flying where he stood. It was guards and a lot of em. Ok maybe like 5 but still it was something he had to get pass.

“Now how will I handle this one?” He thought awaiting the gunfire to stop.

The gunfire soon came to a stop and the sound of the guards reloading could be heard. “I’ll go check it out!” One yelled running towards where Gale was. Upon turning the corner he was surprised to see Gale so close. He swung his machine gun, trying to knock him out. Unfortunately for him Gale pushed the gun to the side with his left hand. He followed that up with a kick to the face and with the same leg hooked the side of the guards head bringing him down hard to the ground. A loud thud could be heard around the corner and a couple shots from the gun was fired.

“One down four more to go.” Gale said picking up the guards machine gun and his body. “Alright buddy you’re going to do me a favor.” He grabbed the soldier and ran out one again but this time he used his body as a shield. Shots flew at him while he fired the machine gun in a horizontal line hitting his mark on three of the four guards before running out of bullets.

“Oh that sucks so much.” He said as he looked at the empty machine gun. A couple of shots were fired from the final guards gun nailing him in his left shoulder. Gale fell to the ground hard with the soldier he was as a shield on top of him.

“You scum are all alike. All sky pirates should be eliminated. And I rid the world of one today.” The soldier taunted as he walked up to Gale’s body thinking he was dead.

But to his surprise Gale was alive. “Sorry to disappoint you.” He said kicking the soldier’s knee in forcing him to the ground. As he looked up the guard was staring down the barrel of a desert eagle. “But I’m not dead yet and I don’t plan on anytime soon.” Gale said pulling the trigger on his gun. Bang! A loud shot was heard as blood splashed on Gale.

He slowly got up and placed his desert eagle back in it’s holster. “It’s safe to say that she didn’t come this way. Picking another route would be smart.” He thought going the way he came and finding another way. This time taking the left path.

*****************​

"Let's go Star," Thomas said as he approched the un-armed pirate. "I'm pretty sure Gaia can handle herself..."

The two exited the corridor from the way they came from at full speed.

“I hope she can really handle herself.” Star said fearing the worse that could happen to Gaia. “Well Tom. What’s the plan from here?”

"Our plan of action now should be to regroup with the others." Thomas explained as they ran. "First of all, we've gotta find your partner..."

No sooner than he said that they ran into Gale who was trying to navigate his way through the corridors.
"There you are," said Thomas. "I guess Star here left you behind."

"As for Gaia, she'll be fine. But for now, we need to regroup with the rest of the crew. And seeing how you two came from their direction, you can lead me there."

“Yeah thanks a lot for that.” He said in a sarcastic tone while pointing to his left shoulder. “The guards were pretty happy to see me too.”

“Well look at it this way. At least I didn’t get hurt.”

Gale growled at her remark but then realized something else Thomas had stated. “What do you mean Gaia will be fine? Where is she now?”

“We left her to fight alone. She said she could handle it but I’m not sure.” Star answered with a gloomy look on her face.

As much as Gale didn’t wanna admit it just so happen to slip out. “Gaia’s a tough girl. I’m pretty sure she can handle herself. One guard shouldn’t be enough to take her down.”

‘Wait why am I feeling for someone who destroyed the Behemoth and almost got us killed?’ He thought before coming back to reality and following the others.

Just as they were about to leave, Thomas handed Star his pistol.

"You don't want to be un-armed in a place like this..."

“Wait you came here un-armed?” Gale asked watching her take the pistol from Thomas. “Wow. Who comes to danger unprepared? You really are hopeless.”

( OOC: Tom you can control my characters in your next post to get them headed back to the others. )

Hotshot

Tempest raised a bushy eyebrow as more soldiers flooded into the room. Chuckling, he gripped his arm-cannon, and aimed it at the guards. "This oughtta take 'em out..."

Jill raised her hand and pushed her father's mechanized weapon away. "C'mon, Dad...that's no fun...let us take them down..."

Tempest pulled his robotic arm down, pouting. "Bah, okay...have it your way."

Jill grinned evilly. She fingered the hilt of her sword as she muttered, "Mechs...stay with me. We'll fight them using that tag-team style I showed you the other day."

Mechs nodded and drew his sword. "Aye...let's do it."

The soldiers charged at them, brandishing swords and the like. Jill looked over at Mechs and winked. The mechanic grew red in the face almost at once, but shook it away, turning his gaze back onto the attackers.

In a flash, the two of them were off, closely followed by Jasper and Fiend. The mechanic and the captain's daughter cut through a guard simultaneously, Mechs going high, Jill going low. Mechs blocked a swipe from another soldier, allowing Jill to go for the kill. She decapitated the guard effortlessly. As the sky pirates mowed through the soldiers, more enemies arrived. A flood of guards entered the room, wielding swords, guns, and knives.

Tempest scowled. He motioned for Fiend to take them out...and in an instant, Fiend was off. He somersaulted across the floor, narrowly dodging a couple of bullets, and leaped behind a pillar. Unsheathing his sword, he positioned it precisely, and stared into the reflection that his sword gave off. When he was sure of his enemies' positions, he pulled his gun off his belt and fired at them. The bullet struck the ground three soldiers' feet, startling them into leaping away. Then he struck.

Fiend whirled around the pillar, firing off four shots...one to grab their attention...and three to kill them.

Jasper was doing quite well. He parried a soldier's swipe, and let his momentum carry the man into another soldier. Both fell into a heap a few feet away. As he parried another guard's slash, Jasper shot the fallen guards with his pistol. Raising an eyebrow, Jasper turned back to his opponent, and floored the guard with a sweep-kick. He lifted his sword above his head, and drove it right into the heart of the soldier.

"Hahahaha...this is too easy, Tempest!"

The captain of the Phoenix chuckled as five soldiers surrounded him. He leaped at one of them, clutching the guard by the neck, and threw him into another. The third victim fell by way of Tempest's sword...as did the fourth. The fifth was subject to his arm-cannon...a much more fiery death.

As the first and second rose to their feet, Tempest readied his cannon for another blast. A resounding boom echoed through the room...and the two guards were no more.

"Heheheh...that it is, Jasper! That it is!"

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
((OOC: Looks like I'm bunnying both Kiba's and Zandgaia's characters. Zandgaia contacted me via VM, and told me to finish her fight. Well... Here goes...))

"Wow, who comes to danger unarmed? You really are hopeless..." Gale said as they were about to leave in order to meet up with the others.

"Well, that was a little harsh..." Thomas mumbled. "Let's go, I'll take point, you two follow on my sides..."

The trio took off down the corridor in the direction of where they thought the Captian and the rest of the crew where. And, of course, the trouble they would bring along with them...

After a few minutes of navigating the winding hallways and corridors, they approched a room where the sound of gunfire was emitanting from.

"That must be them," Thomas said to the other two.

They stopped at a corner and peeked into the room. The crew of the Phoenix was engaged in a fire-slash-sword fight with a squad of Aristocratic soliders. There were still a few of them left after Captian Tempest blew a small group of them to smitheriens, so Thomas thought it would be their liberty to take them out.

"You two stay here and once I duck, provide some cover fire, okay?"

The sniper duo nodded as Thomas rounded the corner and sprinted into the room, at the soliders.

"Renforcements are here!" Thomas announced as he ran at the six-manned group of soliders. Thomas was about to attack when he dropped to the ground.

"Commence gun barrage..." Thomas mumbled as bullets wizzed over his head flying into the soliders bodies with great percision and accuracy. The two snipers used their skills and fired shot after shot until only two soliders remained.

"Now it's my turn," Thomas said as he jumped to his feet. He ran at a solider, slashing his chest with a running katana slice. Thomas kicked him away, where he crumpled to the ground dead, and proceeded to the next solider. The soilder was more prepared than his fallen comrades, and he blocked Thomas's downward cut with a upwards cut of his own. Thomas jumped backwards to evade the blade, and countered with a jumping stab. But, the solider reacted quicker than Thomas expected and he brought his sword down on the approching katana, breaking the tip of the steel blade.

"Erg... No..." growled Thomas as he made the best attempt to decapitate the solider with his now decapitated sword. The blade became stuck in the neck of the solider.

"Well, that's a downer," he mumbled as he wiggled the steel out. He grabbed the sword the solider was using and swung it around.

"This will have to subsitute for now," Thomas said as he sheathed the broken blade...

(OOC: I'll do Gaia's part later, unless she posts.))

Hotshot

Swords clashed. Guns fired. Tempest bellowed. No one was quite sure which was loudest, but they all seemed to add to the chaos rather well. The soldiers that had once outnumbered the pirates soon began to diminish into only a couple dozen...then only a single dozen.

And then, just one.

Tempest grinned. A cannonball hurtled out of his arm-cannon, striking the last remaining soldier and drilling through his stomach. The cannonball exploded a moment later, ridding the now-deceased guard of his physical body.

Mechs glanced around the room. He was sure that more would come eventually, but he didn't know how many more. Turning to Tempest, he locked eyes with the captain. Both nodded.

"Alright, lads!" Tempest roared, pointing to their exit. "Time to blow this joint!"

A chorus of "Aye, Cap'n" ensued, and the sky pirates and freed prisoners left the premises, running and leaping out of their hole in the castle wall. Tempest, Mechs, and Jill were the last to leave. Tempest glanced back over his shoulder, inquisitively, and muttered, "Wonder what Darkhart wanted to do here..."

Jill shrugged. "He's Jay...enough said."

Mechs raised his hand. "If I may...he had said something about having 'a bone to pick with the aristocrat here'."

Tempest raised an eyebrow. "Well, guess we'll learn soon enough how it all worked out. Now get yer hides on the ship!"

"Aye, Cap'n!" Mechs and Jill exclaimed simultaneously.

***​

"Are you sure?"

"Aye, sir...Tempest plans to forge an alliance with the greatest of the sky pirate crews."

Rephasul clutched the radio receiver ever harder and scowled. Gritting his teeth, he muttered, "Very well. I had hoped he wouldn't try anything like that...but I digress...keep me informed, J--"

"Please, sir," interrupted the voice from within the transmitter, "do not speak my name for the moment..."

Nomid Rephasul rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine. Have it your way."

And with that, he hung up. Turning around, Rephasul inspected the group of men that stood waiting for his orders. His greatest generals and commodores had gathered...to launch his most powerful strike on the pirates yet.

"Men...to the skies!"

***​

Wolf surveyed his crew of sky pirate hunters with glee. "Well, well, well...it matters little what the pirates do now...for we will surely strike them down."

His eyes fixed on one hunter in particular. "And it is especially fortunate that we have you..." His eyes narrowed. "...Alex Shenamori."

"The time of the sky pirates' doom has come...to the skies!" Wolf exclaimed, grinning savagely. "But leave Tempest to me. I will not fail this time."

((OOC: Okay, so in your next posts...you'll just be retreating...because we have better things to do than hang around butchering soldiers all day. We have an alliance to form! I'll be getting us there in my next post.))

They stopped at a corner and peeked into the room. The crew of the Phoenix was engaged in a fire-slash-sword fight with a squad of Aristocratic soliders. There were still a few of them left after Captian Tempest blew a small group of them to smitheriens, so Thomas thought it would be their liberty to take them out.

"You two stay here and once I duck, provide some cover fire, okay?"

The sniper duo nodded as Thomas rounded the corner and sprinted into the room, at the soliders.

"Renforcements are here!" Thomas announced as he ran at the six-manned group of soliders. Thomas was about to attack when he dropped to the ground.

"Commence gun barrage..." Thomas mumbled as bullets wizzed over his head flying into the soliders bodies with great percision and accuracy. The two snipers used their skills and fired shot after shot until only two soliders remained.

Gale pulled the trigger of his gun but nothing. He ran out of bullets. “****!” He cursed thinking he left Thomas out to dry. The pain in his left shoulder slowed him down a little. He took aim with his gun but stopped as Thomas made his move.

“Well I be damned. Guess I over reacted.” He muttered while placing both guns back in their holsters. The solider packed a lot of heat so it made no sense in wasting his ammunition. Gale found a nice pair of pistols that he could substitute for his own.

“That makes sense.” Star said following his lead and taking a nice rifle that belonged to one of the dead soldiers. She reloaded the gun and picked up an extra pistol for safety measures. “C’mon guys. We can’t stop here. We don‘t want them to leave us here.”

“Hate to say it but Star is right. No telling when Captain is gonna leave.”

The trio continued down their path and eventually ran into Tempest, who had just decided for his crew to take their leave. The trio joined in on this epic escape of the aristocrat building.

*************​

"...Alex Shenamori."

Rouge stood silently amongst the crewmembers for a while with a melancholic look on his face. He wore his traditional black suit and kept his katana strapped on his back.

"The time of the sky pirates' doom has come...to the skies!" Wolf exclaimed, grinning savagely. "But leave Tempest to me. I will not fail this time."

“I have no intention on killing Tempest. I’m just hear for my mission and that is to assist you in taking down his pirates.” Alex said. Of course he was lying. The only reason he agreed in coming along was to find that girl who resembled him.

“A few of my men will go first. They wont be a match for Tempest’s crew but,” Alex paused as he fixed his suit jacket, “that’s why you send the pawns first.” The rumors were true. He didn’t care much for his crew. As long as his mission was done that’s all that mattered to him.

“The first group should be enough to tire Tempest’s crew out…”

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Alright, lads!" Tempest roared, pointing to their exit. "Time to blow this joint!"

"Aye Cap'n!" Brooke shouted heartily along with the other crew members. Lee looked at her inquisitively, and tilted his head in bewilderment. They followed this guy without a doubt? Well, Brooke did... but Lee highly doubted that Jay followed without overthinking things first.

"Wonder what Darkhart wanted to do here..." Tempest muttered.

"He's Jay...enough said," Jill piped, shrugging. Lee let out a bit of a chuckle, looking to his old acquaintance. Yes, Jay was Jay... and no one else.

Mechs raised his hand, "If I may...he had said something about having 'a bone to pick with the aristocrat here'."

Jayden flinched, suddenly, and held his side. Brooke immediately rushed to him, letting him lean on her for support as they made a hasty retreat. Lee stared at the two of them, shocked for two reasons; one, their closeness, and two, what Jay had come to the castle to do.

He came to get even with Devin, Lee thought. But even I'm not dumb enough to go challenge that kid, so why did he? Something doesn't quite add up.

With that, Lee converged to the two of them, "Hey Brooke, mind if I help him out instead? You look pretty tired."

"What? I'm fine-- Oh..." Brooke started, only to realize what Lee was up to. She honestly didn't want to give up Jay at the moment, but Lee seemed adamant about speaking with him... and so Brooke complied.

"Jayden," Lee muttered after he was sure that no one could overhear them. He then blinked as he heard an unfamiliar sound from his old friend. A sob. "Jay?"

"I'm so stupid," Jay said quietly. "I let her die Lee. Kiba is gone."

"WHAT?!" Lee screamed, earning a meaningful glance from quite a few people in the crew. Eventually, everyone turned back to what they were doing, and Lee leaned in closer to Jayden, whispering. "Are you serious?"

Jay just nodded solemnly, "I screwed up bigtime."

"What were you trying to do?" Lee asked. "You know you can't go against the Aristocrats by yourself. You can't honestly have come to kill your brother."

"No, I didn't come for that. He was just a bonus that I got to pummel a bit. I know now, I can beat him. I just have to be on my own turf... if you know what I mean," Jayden explained. Lee nodded in understanding, the light of nostalgia washing over his eyes.

"Wait," he said abruptly, the light fading almost as soon as it had appeared. "Do you mean the land or the skies? What's your turf now? Are you going to stay here?"

Jayden sighed, "You know I'd love to, but now that Kiba is gone, I have no reason to stay here. Besides, you're looking better then ever Lee. You can lead them fine."

"I-- I don't want to lead anyone. You were a much better leader Jay. We've all been waiting for you to return. If you're not going back, then we're following you," Lee said sternly. "We'd give up our territory to help you out. We all hate Devin you know. The world isn't on your shoulders."

"Yeah," Jayden sighed. "But it's not my place to decide. It's Captain Tempest's."

Lee blinked, astonished. Jayden really had changed a lot since he'd last seen him. He even referred to the bulky man leading the crew as Captain... that wasn't... the same. At all.

"Well, I'm definitely going with you whether you like it or not!" Lee exclaimed loud enough for others to hear. "Hear me Captain Tempest? I'm a part of your crew whether you like it or not!"

Jayden groaned in embarrassment and slapped his forehead with a bloody palm, smearing crimson all over his face and hair... again, he groaned, "Lovely, now I also need a bath."

"Shut up Jay," both Lee and Brooke said at the same time. The looked up at each other briefly, and laughed heartily. Jayden let out something akin to a growl, but he wasn't sure what had ticked him off about that last moment.

And to be honest, he didn't want to find out.

Hotshot

"Well, I'm definitely going with you whether you like it or not!" Lee exclaimed loud enough for others to hear. "Hear me Captain Tempest? I'm a part of your crew whether you like it or not!"

Tempest stopped abruptly and turned around on his heel. A terrifying look crossed his face as he said, "Heheheh...very well...lads, shall we give him the initiation?"

Several of the male members of the crew grinned mischievously. Jill rolled her eyes. Mechs tried not to smile...for Lee's sake. He could remember vividly what they had done to him on the day he joined...not a pretty sight.

All eyes remained fixed on the now-fidgeting Lee. Tempest's grin widened to extreme proportions. "Y'know, lad...we've been runnin' low on good women-company..."

***​

The crew had gathered aboard the Phoenix for a quick meal and...er...Lee's initiation. The various crewmen of the ship sat around tables drinking and telling stories as they awaited the big moment. Suddenly, the lights flickered off, save for two that remained fixed on the doorway. Tempest burst into the room, holding in his arms a very pretty boy.

Jill, Star, Gaia, and Brooke had helped 'pretty him up', as Jill called it. They had powered his face, done his nails, and cloaked his cheeks, lips, and eyes in rosy makeup. He was garbed in a flowing white gown, all the rage in Aristocratic households in those days, and on his feet he wore a pair of sleek slippers.

"Lads, I give ye," Tempest boomed, as the room burst into laughter, "Lady Lee! Now keep yer hands off her, boys! Lady Lee would like to remain a virgin as long as possible! Isn't that right, Ms. Lee?"

The room erupted into a fit of hysterical guffawing. Tempest set 'Lady Lee' down on the ground gently, and then placed his hands on his hips and laughed heartily.

Mechs nearly fell out of his chair. It was nice having someone else on the receiving end for a change.

As Lee's face grew beet red at once, Tempest laid a huge hand on his shoulder and smiled down at him. "Lee, welcome to the crew."

***​

That night, a slew of sky pirates marched down the docks, headed for the pirate cove...the gathering place where their alliance was to be formed. Tempest led the way, naturally, with Jill, Bonny, and Jasper close at his heels. Fiend marched a ways behind, laughing loudly with a few of Tempest's men. Mechs walked in back, silently, kicking up small rocks as he went.

His ears perked up when he heard a figure approach him. He looked up to find Jill, standing next to him, smiling. "What's wrong, Mechs? Why so glum?"

Mechs shook his head. "Nothing...I just...I dunno."

Jill frowned. "Well, if it's nothing...or you don't know what it is...forget about it! Come on! The fall of the aristocrats is at hand!"

Mechs smiled weakly. "Yeah...guess you're right."

After a short while of walking, the crew found themselves standing on the dock's edge, where five small boats awaited them. A couple of men were stationed to handle each boat...to make sure they weren't stolen, or anything. After all, this was pirate-territory.

Tempest stepped into the first boat, and with him, Bonny, Jasper, and about ten others. The remaining pirates scattered and jumped into various other boats, eager to set off. They would be sailing out to a small island just a short distance away...

...the Scourge's Isle.

For the next half-hour, they rode through the murky night. Jill stared into the mists, just barely making out the silhouettes of other boats and lanterns. Finally, they landed...and, one by one, they entered the island's cove...

***​

What they found inside was a sight to behold. It surpassed even Jasper's mountain-hangar. In fact, it surpassed anything else Mechs had ever seen. A huge, stony fortress had been built inside this ginormous cave, as the ultimate protection for sky pirates. No aristocrat or soldier had ever dared to near this island, much less the fortress. Tempest grinned. Inside this fortress were two of the greatest sky pirate captains to ever have lived.

And they would soon be joining him.

Sky pirates lined the walls, some drunk, some arguing with others, some just laughing. There were others, however, that remained serious at all times. These were Arima's men...the crewmen of the Divine Wind.

Tempest approached the fortress's massive gates. From above, a voice shouted, "Oi, who goes thar?!"

Tempest looked up at the man and boomed, "I be goin' here, an' if ya don't open the door...I'll be blowin' it down!"

"Oh, Tempest!" exclaimed the man, grinning. "It be you! Yer late! Cap'n Kassim don' like to be kept waitin', sir!"

Tempest chuckled. "Could ya tell Kassim to wait a bit? I hafta use the little cap'n's room..."

The man pulled a lever, and the gates swung open wide. Tempest took a step back to avoid being smacked in the face by the huge doors. Glancing back over his shoulder at his crewmen, he said, "Alright, men. Stay close...these be dangerous waters we're treadin'."

The inside of the fortress looked like a huge pirate-town. Taverns could be found everywhere. Pirate guilds dotted the area. Sky pirates staggered around lazily...or just slept in pig-sties. Scantily-clad women lined the balconies, waving down at Tempest's crew as they walked past.

Jill slapped Fiend a couple of times for making inappropriate gestures at said women.

As they neared the back of the fortress, where a large, stone building was located, Tempest turned to his crew. "Alright, lads...an' lasses. I'm limited in the number of men I can take with me in there...so I'll only be bringin' a couple of ye. Bonny, Fiend, an' Darkhart...you lot are with me. As for the rest of ya..." Tempest grinned and winked at his crewmen. "Try not to get into too many fights. I have a reputation to uphold."

***​

Two pirates, both clad in black clothing, led the way down the dark corridors. Tempest had to slow his pace down to avoid stepping on their heels...and with his mechanical leg...that might hurt them. Finally, they reached the inner room, and the two pirates creaked the door open.

"Sirs...your guests have arrived."

"Show them in," spoke a low voice from within. The two pirates obeyed, swung the door open, and stepped back to allow Tempest, Bonny, Fiend, and Darkhart passage.

Inside the room was a single wooden table, donned with a tablecloth that looked strikingly similar to a large treasure map. Several empty mugs littered the table, as did a couple of cigar-butts. Four torches lit the room with an eerie glow, which would have given any other sky pirates the shivers, but not these four. The eyes of the four focused next on the two pirate captains who sat on either side of the table. Captain Arima and Captain Kassim.

Arima was dressed in his usual attire; a black cloak draped around his shoulders, a dark gray tunic, and a pair of black breeches. His jet-black hair was gelled back, giving him a very serious look. His dark eyes fixed on Tempest and his crewmen. Two women garbed in black and red kimonos stood at his side, one massaging his shoulders, the other holding a jagged knife behind her back...just in case. Tempest took careful note of the knife. No funny business here.

Kassim was a bit more...varied. He was clad in a white turban, complete with a glistening jewel in the center, and a white coat. Underneath he wore a yellow tunic, a red sash, and a pair of striped pants that widened and gathered around the shin. Kassim's large, fuzzy mustache concealed his entire upper lip, and his beard concealed most of his lower one. The famed captain's eyes wavered back and forth from Tempest to Arima's two women-guards. At his side hung his cutlass. A single pirate stood beside his chair, positioned as his guard.

"Ah, Captain Tempest," Kassim began, chuckling. "Have a seat. Let the negotiation begin."

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Alright, lads...an' lasses. I'm limited in the number of men I can take with me in there...so I'll only be bringin' a couple of ye. Bonny, Fiend, an' Darkhart...you lot are with me. As for the rest of ya..." Tempest grinned and winked at his crewmen. "Try not to get into too many fights. I have a reputation to uphold."

Jayden didn't seem surprised that he was picked, and walked away from both Lee and Brooke without a word. Lee was... not too amused at what had gone on for his "initiation" earlier, but he supposed it didn't matter now. He stood next to Brooke with a thoughtful expression on his face, looking around at the Sky Pirates.

"What's eating ya?" Brooke piped, sending a few nasty glares at the Skyrates. Self control was becoming increasingly difficult for Brooke, especially towards the male Sky Pirates that were letting out wolf whistles to the females on Tempest's crew.

"Nothing I suppose," Lee replied. "A bit new to this, that's all."

"Understandable," Brooke sighed, deciding that ignoring the other Skyrates was best. Before Brooke could do anything else though, Lee walked away from her and up to the other Skyrates, pulling out a deck of cards.

"Care for a game or two? Betchya I can con every cent out of your pocket."

"Aye, this young lad thinks he can outwit one of us," the man replied with a laugh. "Les kick his little butt. You ain't no Skyrate. That we can tell."

"No, I'm wittier then a Skyrate, that's for sure. I'm one of the Five World Hazards, Maybe you've heard of us," Lee replied casually. Brooke snorted from a ways away, crossing her arms in disdain. Lee didn't seem to come off as the overconfident type, but she supposed she was wrong.

The Skyrate rose an eyebrow, "Youngster like you? In a deadly group like that? Ain't that the landlovin' group that infiltrates Aristocrat castles? Doubtful lad; you seem to be in Tempest's crew, and we know them "Hazards" are rivals to us Skyrates. Alright though, I'll humor you. Les play a round."

"Thought you'd never ask," Lee smirked, dealing out cards. Brooke blinked, watching as Lee quickly won the first, second, and even third round, collecting quite a bit of spare loot. The Skyrates were growing ever more frustrated at his growing pile of rewards, but Brooke was mostly shocked.

Are all of Jay's friend's super-geniuses or something? Brooke thought as she watched the game become even more heated. It was then she noticed... Lee had a tattoo of a Hazard Sign on his shoulder... just like the one on Jay's ankle.

Five World Hazards, Brooke wondered....

***​

Inside the room was a single wooden table, donned with a tablecloth that looked strikingly similar to a large treasure map. Several empty mugs littered the table, as did a couple of cigar-butts. Four torches lit the room with an eerie glow, which would have given any other sky pirates the shivers, but not these four. The eyes of the four focused next on the two pirate captains who sat on either side of the table. Captain Arima and Captain Kassim.

Arima was dressed in his usual attire; a black cloak draped around his shoulders, a dark gray tunic, and a pair of black breeches. His jet-black hair was gelled back, giving him a very serious look. His dark eyes fixed on Tempest and his crewmen. Two women garbed in black and red kimonos stood at his side, one massaging his shoulders, the other holding a jagged knife behind her back...just in case. Jayden snorted. He also had his trusty dagger if they needed to make a hasty getaway.

Kassim was a bit more...varied. He was clad in a white turban, complete with a glistening jewel in the center, and a white coat. Underneath he wore a yellow tunic, a red sash, and a pair of striped pants that widened and gathered around the shin. Kassim's large, fuzzy mustache concealed his entire upper lip, and his beard concealed most of his lower one. The famed captain's eyes wavered back and forth from Tempest to Arima's two women-guards. At his side hung his cutlass. A single pirate stood beside his chair, positioned as his guard.

"Ah, Captain Tempest," Kassim began, chuckling. "Have a seat. Let the negotiation begin."

The Captains began with a quick introduction of themselves. Jayden was introduced as the strategist, as usual, but his mind suddenly willed him to say something more. Something about himself that he didn't talk about often. His other allegiance: the Five World Hazards. Thankfully, his mouth stayed clamped shut as his mind wandered off a bit:

We're down to four now, Jayden thought solemnly, remembering that his sister was now dead. Which means we will need to find a new member. I wonder if--

But his thoughts were cut off as Tempest slammed a fist onto the table, cursing at the Aristocrats for their brutality. Jay kept quiet, waiting for his chance to speak, if he was needed that is. Idly, he wondered if Lee was up to his usual tricks in the other room.

((OOC: Hotshot, hope you don't mind that little twist I put in about Lee and Jay. If ya do, let me know.))