• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
And now Snivy is battling Gothita...because...because!

And Snivy won. No trade for Scraggy, like I thought!

I don't think this battle was to determine that at all, Gothita just wanted to battle, that spoiled thing actually came off as kinda courageous.

:D at Snivy smiling at Axew and Scraggy together, she acted like their mother lol.

I'm 90% certain this girl will come back.

shac I don't consider this a filler :S, the episode was all about developing Axew and Scraggy bound and showing their friendship, we got two battles and like I said I'm certain this girl and Gothitha will come back so its an introduction episode(I might be wrong and she doesn't come back but to me its still not a filler).

shac

I don't think this battle was to determine that at all, Gothita just wanted to battle, that spoiled thing actually came off as kinda courageous.

:D at Snivy smiling at Axew and Scraggy together, she acted like their mother lol.

shac I don't consider this a filler :S, the episode was all about developing Axew and Scraggy bound and showing their friendship, we got two battles and like I said I'm certain this girl and Gothitha will come back so its an introduction episode(I might be wrong and she doesn't come back but to me its still not a filler).

I think you are right, the last battle had nothing to do with the 'trade'. Good to see snivy smacking the **** out of that spoiled brat.

Well, to avoid complexity, I consider any episode not having a major battle/evolution to be a filler.

Did anyone catch what attack Gothita attack that Snivy was 'vine whipping' away. Looked like silver wind.

The best part was when pikachu tries to talk to Garbodor to calm it down, but gothita being the brat she is just tries to attack garbodor again; and then snivy smacks her in the butt. I lol'd at that.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'm glad Axew and Sraggy's relationship has changed.

Sure no captures from Gothita and Garbodor(Even though this one was unlikely anyway), but I enjoyed it anyway.

I wouldn't liked Tranquill to battle but at least it was used to help search.

I sort of meant overall, no trade for Scraggy. But anyway, that sort of makes sense, why would they have a battle to decide it again, but I still see no point in the battle anyway. That could have been used for something else.

Like Gothita changing it's ways or something like that.

I don't think this girl will come back, she doesn't seem like a rival for Ash to me, but I guess it wouldn't hurt for Ash to get a 4th rival now.

I think you are right, the last battle had nothing to do with the 'trade'. Good to see snivy smacking the **** out of that spoiled brat.

Well, to avoid complexity, I consider any episode not having a major battle/evolution to be a filler.

Did anyone catch what attack Gothita attack that Snivy was 'vine whipping' away. Looked like silver wind.

The best part was when pikachu tries to talk to Garbodor to calm it down, but gothita being the brat she is just tries to attack garbodor again; and then snivy smacks her in the butt. I lol'd at that.

I sort of meant overall, by the time Gothita was defeated, there was no way Koharu could have traded it by that time, otherwise it probably would've been too short and knowing how pushy she is, she could have turned it into a battle with a trade on the line.

But like I said, that battle seems even more pointless, especially when Gothita was still a brat by the end.

Wait a second Pepsi and Shac.

Look what Bulbapedia says.

"Her Gothita took a liking to Ash's Scraggy and wanted her to battle Ash for ownership of him. Not being able to say no to Gothita, she agreed to it. Of course Ash refused to battle her if those were the wages. However, Koharu taunted him until he eventually agreed. He was able to knockout her Mandibuzz with his Tepig before the rest of the battle was canceled by rain. The next day she battled against him again. This time she used her Gothita while he used his Snivy. The battle ended in a loss for Koharu and she was forced to run after her Gothita who left the scene in a fit over the loss."

Looks like it was meant to be a 3 vs. 3 or a 2 vs. 2 battle, but after Ash won the first battle, the rain canceled the rest.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hum, is there any need for a reason to a pokemon trainer to fight each other?

Gothita was pissed at Snivy and asked her trainer to battle it, Satoshi and Snivy accepted the challenge, the episode hinted at a confrontation, so it made sense lol.

I don't mean her as a direct rival like Belle or Shooti, something Kenyan a minor rivalry but she has a pokemon with a nice personality to make her appear again, has two badges so she is going for the league and actually got a not to bland design(even though it was kinda bland).

So I definetly can see her appearing atleast in the league.

Hum, so who wrote that on Bulbapedia? someone who actually translated it or someone who though it was like that and wrote it there(like people do it sometimes) if that is true I'm fine either way lol.

She still asked to specifically fight Snivy due to their confrontation.

Exactly she is still a brat that is why I see her and her trainer coming back, besides the badges.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Hum, is there any need for a reason to a pokemon trainer to fight each other?

Gothita was pissed at Snivy and asked her trainer to battle it, Satoshi and Snivy accepted the challenge, the episode hinted at a confrontation, so it made sense lol.

I don't mean her as a direct rival like Belle or Shooti, something Kenyan a minor rivalry but she has a pokemon with a nice personality to make her appear again, has two badges so she is going for the league and actually got a not to bland design(even though it was kinda bland).

So I definetly can see her appearing atleast in the league.

Hum, so who wrote that on Bulbapedia? someone who actually translated it or someone who though it was like that and wrote it there(like people do it sometimes) if that is true I'm fine either way lol.

She still asked to specifically fight Snivy due to their confrontation.

Exactly she is still a brat that is why I see her and her trainer coming back, besides the badges.

Well yes, you wouldn't just wake up in the morning and then have a battle because Pokemon from two different people don't sort of like each other because one thinks the other one is a brat.

One of the main editors edited that. So, it looks like Gothita wanted to battle Snivy and so they battled, but it still meant to be apart of the battles that they were going to have to see if Scraggy would be traded, if not, there was no reason for Gothita or Koharu so stay.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Oooh! Ash didn't get the Gothita? :(

Well now i've lost interest, I can't see myself watching this episode any time soon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oooh! Ash didn't get the Gothita? :(

Well now i've lost interest, I can't see myself watching this episode any time soon.

Lol but it was a great episode, that is no reason for not watching it :S.

No playerking, pokemon trainers can fight each other for the sole reason of getting strong, games have been out for some years you should know by now lol.

Kenyan vs Satoshi was that, two trainer that meet each other and started battling right away.

gliscor&yanmega

Only seen the pictures so far.

It looks like a nice episode.

It's nice to see Scraggy and Axew still battling, and it's starting to be an actual real battle now that both have some experience. It's also nice to see that the two seem pretty close with each other.

I wish the writers would put in all of the gang's Pokemon(Aside from Ash's since that wont be possible unless they go to Juniper's lab or something). It's nothing all that big, but it's just nice seeing the other Pokemon being part of the group and eating and whatnot.

The new character seems interesting, seems to collect gym badges, maybe she'll be the Nando or Conway of Best Wishes. I wouldn't mind seeing her again.

Tepig and Snivy both got a battle, and won their battles.

Overall it looks like a great episode to me.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Bwuahaha no Gothita for the main cast. I'm so giddy.

I do like that Axew and Scraggy have become best friends.

naughtynun

I'm gonna start with my usual moan and then end on a positive note.

I looks like tranquill is well and truly the new noctowl guys, she doesn't need to battle, doesn't need to eat, just a scout and to add insult to injury there isn't even a balloon to pop so there is only one function, scouting that the bird does! WHY did tepig need a battle more than tranquill? I don't understand why in a scraggy-centred episode scraggy, who has never had a proper battle other than with axew, wasn't one of the two battles. grrrr. yep, snivy needed a win but why not her against deerling, tranquill vs mandibuzz and scraggy vs gothia? At least let tranquill eat! One of the things I miss in this saga is the 'everybody out' lunches. We've had two where all of ash's team were out and both times it was the same team (scraggy and swadloon as reserves), plus like someone said, iris and cilan's pokemon other than axew rarely come out.

On a positive note, the episode looks great, and I'm glad to see scraggy development and him looking ready to battle, hopefully in the next gym. I think this is how fillers (an episode where no major event happens) should be, I don't see any excuse for any episode to not contain some sort of development when ash has 575858588 pokemon.
It was good snivy got a win.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I didnt say they rarely come out, I said that in that situation where those pokemons are eating why not get his own(Dent) pokemons and Iris out to eat too, nothing else.

I like those everybody out lunches too but that usually happened in fillers and due to others series having more fillers that obviously happened more.

Tranquill is doing the same every bird did(I remember for example people saying Straptor was doing nothing for a while in DP, but some people have short memory and suprise suprise, he is the pokemon that appeared more due to, "go scout"), which apparently in other regions was "screentime" aka look for the pokemon TR robbed "bird".

I do think the pokemons(read not Tranquill only) were out of the pokeball, similar to Oshawott even though he didn't do anything, he was there but like I said with such a great episode I can't really value that to much.

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
This sounds like a very good episode in regards to character interaction and moar Scraggy, but considering that Koharu herself's also getting badges I think she deserves another appearance in the future. Plus, just look at how they ended the episode with her running after Gothita, it reminds me so much of Bianca!

BTW, fock you guys about me PayPALing you all $15. The jury's still out on Gothita and Koharu returning.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
This episode was amazing, I truly liked it.

- A win for both Snivy AND Tepig? Awesome!
- A confirmation that Tranquill is still alive? Neat!
- The adorable friendship between Axew and Scraggy? Super cute! :3
- Selfish Gothita commanding over her trainer? Pretty original, I hope they become recurring characters, I rather liked them.
- SNIVY BEING ALL KINDS OF AWESOME TOWARDS THE END? ♥

I loved this episode! The fact Karuhi collects badges makes me hopeful about her appearing later on. Imo, Snivy stole the episode at the end! :D

RickHoenn

Banned
Great episode :p I hope the girl and its trainer returns.

Janovy

Banned
I hope the girl and its trainer returns.
I can only agree with this. Let's hope writers have already decided on bringing her back since we saw her gym badges. ^^

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Oh surprise, the episode is not online!

Rip-off waste of an episode. I wish the writers would stop taunting us with captures. I'm surprised that she's a league challenger though. I called it, but I still didn't expect it. Her team is boring anyway.

Rohanator

I really didn't wish for anyone to catch a Gothita, not too fond of that evo line. Battles were great, I freaked out when Tepig was hit with that Brave Bird, glad he pulled through. And Snivy's just a wonderful pokemon character, least favourite of these starters overall, but Ash's one really makes me like it. I really wish woulda let Tranquill eat though...In Hoenn and Sinnoh they never ignored anyone of the team like this.