• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
snivy seemed kinda lonely at the beggining :p i know she likes to be real mature and stuff but maybe this could mean her evolving soon? probably not but it's just a suggestion

and she also won a battle (which kinda makes it up for the gym leader :p still it's only a normal battle) so she got more experienced. well i hope she evolves soon :D

Last edited:

dman_dustin

This episode is an episode I like to see. There were faults, sure, but the positives outnumber the faults by far.

These are the type of episodes we need, not some random episode about random event that no one should give a crap about. I'm not saying there should be a battle in every episode, but is it really that hard to create an episode revolving around the group's Pokemon without actually making it look like "bad writing" just because a Pokemon shows up for the sake of showing up, which quite frankly is far better than not showing up for 2 billion episodes, and is completely forgotten.

I mean as horrible and teasing Tranquill's appearance was, at least she showed up. Better than not showing up for 30 episodes.

Positives-

- Scraggy is getting some battling time in
- I really like Scraggy, since evolution sometimes screws up Pokemon (personality-wise), I'd rather Scraggy didn't evolve, but then that would mean Axew shouldn't evolve either, so never mind.
- I like how Scraggy ignored the whole "trade / Battle Ultimatum" spiel outside of Ash about to choose a Pokemon.
- Love how excited Tepig was when it was chosen.
- I also liked Snivy's focus in this, I was surprised when she was upset when Axew and Scraggy got involved with Garbodor, Snivy was like "WHAT THE *BLEEP* ARE YOU DOING OUT OF BED!" I'm not sure I've seen Snivy so pissed off.
- Loved that both Tepig and Snivy got wins.
- Loved how Ash didn't part with Scraggy and he got to keep him.

Negatives-

- As I've implied, I don't like how Tranquill just showed up for a little bit only to look for Scraggy, Axew, and Snivy and Gothita. You would think that Ash would've chosen Tranquill to battle instead of Tepig, you know so Tranquill could get a battle.

- On the other hand, Roggenrola probably would've been the best choice against Mandibuzz, seeing as how it is a rock type. Unfortunately though since Ash used Tranquill, Scraggy and all starters showed up, it wasn't going to happen.

But if not Roggenrola, Tranquill would've been much better than Tepig. But maybe the writers are trying to even out the battles more. Though if I'm not mistaken Tepig was the last starter previously, followed by Snivy, I wonder when Oshawott is going to get a batt...oh right Clay.

-Gothita. It wasn't it's personality, it was its appearance in general. As this episode proves, neither Iris nor Ash will have a Gothita, and thus the random Gothorita in the Kami Trio episodes is none other than some random trainers. The problem I have is that sure, they can shove the Gothita line down our throat, I still would've preferred the Solosis line. GRANTED Solosis falling in love with Scraggy would've been a little strange, but we still haven't seen Reuniclus, I don't know about you but it always seemed to me Reuniclus was more popular that Gothitelle (not that I really care too much). So I find it odd, that just because Gothita line is human-shaped that it gets more attention. And so the Gothorita that will show up in the Kami trio just seems so unnecessary. Sure I get that Gothorita resembles Iris more than any other 5th gen psychic Pokemon (excluding Gothitelle) and we haven't seen Gothorita yet, but this Gothita line is just too overexposed.

- Not that it matters but I'm a little disappointed that Psyshock or some psychic attack wasn't used on Scraggy, you know just a little taste of Scraggy's dark type. But like I said it doesn't matter.

shac

- Not that it matters but I'm a little disappointed that Psyshock or some psychic attack wasn't used on Scraggy, you know just a little taste of Scraggy's dark type. But like I said it doesn't matter.

This would be the only thing that disappointed me a little. Otherwise the episode was great.

I liked the fact that Pokabu got to battle Mandibuzz. i don't like to read too much into these stuffs, but it might have been to compensate for all the losses Tepig had in the last few battles. It shows that Ash has not given up on Tepig (also may indicate that there has been some off-screen training going on??). Tepig deserved this battle and this win.

I don't really like the solosis line, so my opinion might be biased. But I fail to see how a solosis could have worked instead of a gothita here? How do u make a solosis to show any feeling at all? it was much funnier with a gothita in my opinion.

All we need now is another episode like this with the other half of the party - roggen, swadloon, palpi and tranquill with a bigger role.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Oh surprise, the episode is not online!

Rip-off waste of an episode. I wish the writers would stop taunting us with captures. I'm surprised that she's a league challenger though. I called it, but I still didn't expect it. Her team is boring anyway.

They didnt taunt any capture... people started talking about it because of the calendar, what the hell.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see Dasutodasu for the 1st time. Pokabu has grown so much and it really showed in his win vs barujina. He is gradually becoming the best battler of the 3 starters. Pokabu and Zuruggu were completely adorable in this episode. It was great to see Kibago and Zuruggu showing how even though they are rivals, they are still good friends. Tsutarja was definitely acting as the older sister again in this episode. She protected Kibago and Zuruggu against Dasutodasu, and also won the battle against Gothimu. Dasutodasu still looks odd to me... Gothimu did the "Ash's annoyed face", it was priceless to see. Pokabu really got to show his personality in this episode before, during and after the battle. Very interesting to see Kibago have a nightmare about Ash losing the battle and Zuruugu going away.

79/100

Last edited:
Really good ep to start off I'm SO glad Tepig FINALLY won a battle :D

On the other hand I know how much people hate Iris's Emolga for being a diva but I love Emolga, Gothita on the other hand...I honestly could not stand it. What a spoiled self centered Pokemon, it seems Snivy has a thing for scolding female Pokemon and putting them in their place :p

And also I'ma add that I completely loved Axew's dream it was so crackheaded I was laughing XDDDD

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it me, or did Gothita seem like the trainer and Koharu was just a puppet in the battle between Mandibuzz & Tepig?

XXD17

Draco rex
This episode just made me love snivy even more...It's my favorite pokemon so far both here and in the game...tell you the truth, I'm fine if it doesn't evolve...

Time for an evolution. C'mon. Anyone evolve. I know they want to milk the starters for the games but they should at least trade one starter for roggenrola and Gamagaru. I expect to see Roggenrolla/Boldore at the 6th and 7th gyms.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Hahah, god this episode was GOOD! I felt like the previous couple of fillers were a little poorer, but this was golden. :'D though it made me wanna ship Axew and Scraggy even more now and Snivy was totally there with me kicking that Gothita's ***

Kibago's nightmare was just so absurd. I mean Dento in those... Pokemon, what was it, magician or villain clothes, and Gothita being the trainer and just buahah :'D Gotta love Kibago<3 And Snivy! She sure gets along with the females...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i'm honestly trying to figure out how Koharu(was that the girls name?) beat Lenora with that team of pokemon but i digress, Burgh I can understand on the otherhand.

Tepig finally getting a win after losing it's last few battles was nice, and Snivy finally wins a fight with no plot induced occurances, way to go writers this episode was awsome.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Deerling has double kick I believe but seeing Gothita I think she probably traded a few pokemons along the lines just to make Gothihta happy lol.

Like oh that Deerling is cute want to trade it for my Timburr, random dumb trainer that doesn't care, yeah sure.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Koharu IS a good choice as a potential recurring character (assuming we will see her and her bossy gothita again). I just find very disgusting how she just go into a "selfish mode" herself while bullying Ash to battle under her rules (somewhat like Burgundy's constant pestering him to change his team).

Well, if pokemon can retain some traits from their trainers, in this case, the opposite is possible, I think. It's somewhat believable how she turns helpless when gothita vanished. I hope she returns and learns (from Ash) she have to make her own decisions.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I hope Koharu stays and people can shut up about how bad Trip and Bianca is and not have to replace them. I'm glad that someone likes different choices for characters who aren't game one. It makes things better.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Okay, I saw it. It was kind of funny, and the beginning with Axew and Scraggy was cute. But Koharu was extremely boring and I hope she doesn't become a main rival.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Okay, I saw it. It was kind of funny, and the beginning with Axew and Scraggy was cute. But Koharu was extremely boring and I hope she doesn't become a main rival.

This.

I care nothing for Koharu, In fact I only watched this episode to see if someone would get Gothia.

I hope nobody elese has says this (I haven't read some of the older posts)

This episode reminded me of "Emolga and the irresistable Volt Switch". Emolga/Gothita run off and run into a rampaging Simisear/Garbodor and Snivy comes to the rescue. I thought this episode was great battle wise and the story itself. I liked Snivy & Gothita's and Tepig & Mandibuzz's battles. I love Mandibuzz in general and I just thought that this episode was great overall.

Only two things could have made it better: Emolga appearing and clashing with Gothita and Iris getting Gothita. I would have loved to see a diva battle between Gothita and Emolga xD !!!!!!