1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Nov 10, 2011.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

No one. Axew just thinks Cilan's a queer.

Exactly.

But of course it's obvious Haxorus would destroy Scrafty.

Eh, admit it. Iris would so totally brag about that and Ash would dumbly accept a match just like what happened in this episode.

2. Agreed. I just don't see Haxorus standing up to Scrafty and winning. It would defy the laws of physics in pokemon.

3. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

I found this episode to be quite enjoyable. I found Axew's dream to be one of the funniest scenes in Pokemon I've seen in a while. I kinda thought Garbodor could have been replaced by any other big Unova pokemon.

4. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

That Gothita is most definately spoilt but I'm glad Snivy put it in it's place. Scraggy and Axew's friendship was adorable in this episode. Axew just couldn't bare life without his best friend, awwww :D.

There were a lot of smile moments in this episode and it was just an enjoyable episode :D.

5. Quintsa

Quintsa Roblox FTW

I watched it yesterday on cartoon network and I give it a 10/10

6. Faker500

Faker500 Trolls aren't funny!

That Gothita needed to spanked a few times. What's with the super bossy girls on this show? Don't give away your Pokemon to someone for a dumb reason!

7. UnbelievableUrsula

UnbelievableUrsula Cute and Creepy!

What? We don't know if Haxorus would win or not. And since we don't let's not be quick to think of Scraggy as this little weakling instead of Axew who hides in Iris's hair.

8. ricedonut

ricedonut pringle user

Awesome episode, Axew's dream sequence was hilarious (especially with the background music).

I also like how snivy owned gothita, it definately deserved it.

9. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Horrible episode, with a stupid premise. The Gothita was obnoxious & Ash was stupid for even excepting the battle even after he said he didn't want to trade. This was just **** writing from beginning to end.

10. G50

G50 No longer posting

Ash was certainly acting without thinking again. He thought that someone saying he's too scared, not good enough, etc. was enough to make him try to prove them wrong.
    He didn't really need to give in.

11. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Yeah, it's nice that Kerry's back.

I've only watched this in Japanese so far.

Gothita's Japanese voice is the veteran voice actress Rikako Aikawa. She hasn't voiced any characters since the Advanced Generation series.

12. What the heck did I just watch. *shits myself*

This episode was terrible. Why would Ash even accept the battle? Even if Katherine made fun of his badges, I would have just kicked her and walked away. Oh, and another Mandibuzz ends up getting destroyed. Wtf, Mandibuzz is supposed to be much stronger than the likes of Scraggy and Tepig. Gothita was annoying as hell, and didn't learn anything in the end. I didn't like Kathwhatever in the japanese episode, and I like her even less now. Why do people want her to become a recurring character? I never understood that. Garbodor's debut was horrible as well. I hope Gothita and Karburator are just COTD. I don't want to see them again.

13. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I suppose it's the fact that Katharine is taking the league on like Ash is.

And, frankly speaking, it's kind of likely that she will appear again down the road. If she doesn't, we'll find out she didn't make it this year.

14. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

This episode was great for the Pokemon, but Katherine and Gothita were annoying. Gothita controlling the trainer is something that's stupidly unspeakable. However, it was great to see the improved friendship between Scraggy and Axew. Seeing Snivy and Tepig get a win was nice, as well. I loved how Snivy was in this episode. It really proves that no one could question Snivy's maturity.

15. Faker500

Faker500 Trolls aren't funny!

Anybody who's anybody carrying around badges and is going to compete in the league can't all be rivals to Ash. If so then be prepared for over 10 characters who we won't all see or get no development.

And another thing, this episode speaks of "spoiled" in the right manner. Ash should have denied her and moved on. Or battled her without the trade offer.

16. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Ash simply felt pressured into fighting her, he didn't want to be redeemed as chickening out or being weak and couldn't refuse. He definetly had his heart intent on winning since he didn't wanna get rid of Scraggy, no way was he giving that one up.

17. Having you heart intent on winning doesn't mean you'll win, though.

18. Haunter ゴースト

No it doesn't but im just throwing it in there, my point is he obviously didn't want to do it.

19. UnbelievableUrsula

UnbelievableUrsula Cute and Creepy!

I get the Pokemon's wants for scraggy but the girl could have been more respectful of the fact that the Pokemon didn't belong to her and she should have went to go catch another one. But I guess that would be too simple in this show.

20. Haunter ゴースト

That was the whole point though, to show she couldn't control her 'DEMANDING GOTHITA'.