• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
Seeing Scraggy's and Axew's brotherly relationship with each other makes me smile, but because of that I'm not sure I'm going to look forward to when it gets closer to the end of the generation, we might be in for some tear jerking moments. :(

(I shouldn't need to elaborate on why right?...)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Seeing Scraggy's and Axew's brotherly relationship with each other makes me smile, but because of that I'm not sure I'm going to look forward to when it gets closer to the end of the generation, we might be in for some tear jerking moments. :(

(I shouldn't need to elaborate on why right?...)

Or any impending evolutions. :(

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
No summary thing this week since my computer crashed between me typing it up and pasting it over here. I'll be damned if I'm retyping that ****.

That said, highlights of the ep were:
-Axew's nightmare. Why does it see Cilan in his sorcerer outfit with a higher-than-normal voice while everyone else is normal(except for Gothita, but its deep voice was probably just to make it seem scarier)?
-Koharu learning nothing. She gets bossed around by her Gothita, and there's never any point where anyone points out to her that this is bad. I seriously kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, but nope.
-Scraggy not getting what the hell was going on. It wasn't paying attention during the initial "Ash, give me your Scraggy!" scene, when Gothita lured it away it was just going "YAY FOOD", and...well, really now.
-Koharu has summer Deerling! Does this mean the end of pink Deerling for now?
-Snivy doing its thing is always a treat. Always.

Grey Wind

No summary thing this week since my computer crashed between me typing it up and pasting it over here. I'll be damned if I'm retyping that ****.
Aww. I was waiting for it ;-;

But this episode was great anyway. The Scraggy and Axew friendship was really nice, and I'm glad they're giving them some development. And yay Tranquill's alive.

Janovy

Banned

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I hope nobody elese has says this (I haven't read some of the older posts)

This episode reminded me of "Emolga and the irresistable Volt Switch". Emolga/Gothita run off and run into a rampaging Simisear/Garbodor and Snivy comes to the rescue. I thought this episode was great battle wise and the story itself. I liked Snivy & Gothita's and Tepig & Mandibuzz's battles. I love Mandibuzz in general and I just thought that this episode was great overall.

Only two things could have made it better: Emolga appearing and clashing with Gothita and Iris getting Gothita. I would have loved to see a diva battle between Gothita and Emolga xD !!!!!!

No! Leave Emonga out of this. It doesn't need to be there if a crazy Gothita is already there.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I watched it again and wow I really loved all the scenes where Gothita gets owned.

~ Upon finding out Ash has two more badges than Koharu.
~ Upon being denied a battle for Scraggy.
~ When she gets Dragon Raged by Axew in the face.
~ When she gets repeatedly hit by Garbodor.
~ When she gets whipped by Snivy across the butt.
~ When Snivy counters all her moves.
~ When Snivy snuffs her after the battle.

I really dislike Gothita that seeing her not get her way was hilarious. Scraggy is just like Ash... oblivious to love...

Cilan rambling on about the Nimbasa Subway was hilarious.
Gothita's butch voice in Axew's nightmare was also hilarious.

Thanks to this episode I now like Scraggy even more due to his very adorable friendship with Axew- even Snivy was smiling at those two bond.

dman_dustin

Scraggy is just like Ash... oblivious to love...

Scraggy wasn't so oblivious in the Cottonee Episode. I think it's just that Scraggy just didn't give a crap about Gothita so he didn't pay much attention to her.

Edit: I will admit that Scraggy is oblivious to being taken away though.

When I watched this, I thought it was kind of like the episode after Iris catches Emolga "Emolga and the New Volt Switch".

It made me upset that Tranquil didn't eat with everyone else, and also that she's only ever used for searches. Tranquil deserves a good battle!

I also liked Snivy being amazing... as usual!!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Basically this episode is like a tribute to ash's glalie except gothia acts like a spoiled brat where glalie (Back when it was a snorunt.) It kinda had playful nature for a second but got too much involved to the point where you get the idea its coming back which in this case I hope she returns like in about 10-15 episodes with gothia evolved and having a rematch. So this episode is basically a pass because for 1 this episode has a lot of comedy to it which is good next it kinda gave development to scraggy's Hi Jump kick which was kinda epic though he missed when he battled gothia overall pretty funny episode I hope she's not a Character of the day cause that would be a funny character wasted.

gliscor&yanmega

Finished watching the episode. I enjoyed it.

Garbodor sounded alright. It was funny when it got hit with Aromatherapy.

Scraggy and Axew have a good relationship with each other, it's nice seeing them friendly with each other. It's also nice to see their battles will begin to get more serious and be actual battles now.

Koharu was interesting, as well as Gothita. Wouldn't mind seeing them again. Was nice seeing a Mandibuzz battle under the ownership of someone.

Axew has weird dreams haha.

Snivy was cool.

Overall, enjoyable.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Why does the girl only have two badges compared to everyone else? I hope she doesn't end up showing up again. The writers are really laid back with these recrurring characters. At least give the girl four badges!

gliscor&yanmega

Why does the girl only have two badges compared to everyone else? I hope she doesn't end up showing up again. The writers are really laid back with these recrurring characters. At least give the girl four badges!

Ash only has two more then her, and she's going for her third in Nimbasa which isn't too far. Bianca only has three last we seen. And Trip has five since the writers want Ash's main rival to always be a step ahead.

WhyHelloThere

Why the heck does she need four badges?!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Because Ash has four. Duh! If you're going to make them rivals, at least make their accomplishments sort of equal.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Because Ash has four. Duh! If you're going to make them rivals, at least make their accomplishments sort of equal.
I don't think the idea was to make her a rival. She really screamed "character of the day" to me(especially since she literally has no personality beyond "bends to Gothita's every whim"). Then again, so did Kenyan...but how many more rivals can Ash get, anyway?

pokeaussie37

Juputoru said:
I don't think the idea was to make her a rival. She really screamed "character of the day" to me(especially since she literally has no personality beyond "bends to Gothita's every whim"). Then again, so did Kenyan...but how many more rivals can Ash get, anyway?

Surely not many! Trip, Bianca, Stephan. Three is enough for the major rivals in my book. An appearance by Koharu at the Unova league would remind me of Conway's run. Not entirely identical obviously, as we had no idea that Conway was collecting Gym Badges, but a seemingly innocuous character appearing at the league and providing a stiff opponent would be similar.

Last edited: