• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

CupidKirby

Loved the episode! We haven't had a solid Pokemon-interaction episode in a while so this was nicely welcomed. Normally I find Axew redundant but his friendship with Scraggy and his crack induced dream made me love him more. Scraggy's innocent derpy look and Snivy made this episode for me. And to think I was scared she'd lose her personality the more she travelled with Ash. On contrary she's kicking butt.

I wouldn't mind Koharu showing up for one or two more episodes with an evolved Gothia. Since, we can't deny that Ash pretty much owned her in battle (considering the first fight was Tepig versus freaking Mandibuzz and the second Gothia didn't land a single hit). Plus she didn't learn anything from it in the end. Seems a bit of a waste to never have her show up again, but this is Pokemon so...

Snivy is very rapidly becoming my favorite pokemon of all time. I'd give anything to see her slap another spoiled female in the behind.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oh huh, Koharu was played by Megumi Han, aka Gon from the new Hunter X Hunter anme.

I need to pay more attention to VA lists.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Great episode. Honestly didn't expect to enjoy it this much.

I love how dream Cilan as envisioned by Axew has a cape and mask.

Sleeping Snivy is so adorable. Get me one.

Is it possible Axew has a crush on Scraggy?

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
This was an okay episode, but I liked the bond that showed between Scraggy and Axew as besties. Now we know Ash and Iris would never trade them away. Hooray for friendship!

The girl who was Gothia's trainer sounded a lot like "Josie" from Magical DoReMi (whoever voiced her in the dub version). That nasal sound when she speaks out sounds a lot like her.

And Gothia is a big baby. Wow if she demanding. Says the title.

G50

No longer posting
Was I hearing things, or did Ash say he got the "Coal" badge from Elesa?

SmartD

It's a good episode. Katharine's Gothita seems to have more control than its trainer. And it wanted Scraggy, but Scraggy stays.

The girl who was Gothia's trainer sounded a lot like "Josie" from Magical DoReMi (whoever voiced her in the dub version). That nasal sound when she speaks out sounds a lot like her.

To me she kinda sound like Casey from the Johto episodes and Rebecca from Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Was I hearing things, or did Ash say he got the "Coal" badge from Elesa?

No. You get the Bolt badge from Elesa. Roark gives you the Coal badge.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Some people and Pokemon are just plain spoiled. This episode proves it. Snivy is just great. So far she's be able to make up for the necklect of certain grass Pokemon in the past. 8/10

NarutoUzumakikun

For people who don't know Katherine has been confirmed to be Kerry Williams making it her first role since the voice switch.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No one wants to see that. It might tarnish their friendship. Some Pokemon aren't meant to battle each other.

Azureth

Love triangle? The setup is perfect. Two buddies, then a female is introduced. We'll see.

Catherine has a weird cusp on her lip. It looks like a Hitler mustache.

Lol. Cilan is boring her with the train stuff.

Alright. This isn't going to be a love triangle. That's a relief.

Man. Trading hasn't been brought up in a long time.

How did she get a Mandibuzz already?

And why isn't Ash using Pikachu? More importantly, why am I surprised?

It is nice that Ash is actually winning without the best matchup, though.

That Gothita is a real brat.

Lol. Giant Gothita.

Woo! Tranquill scouting, finally.

Never noticed how big Garbodor was.

But of course it's obvious Scrafty would destroy Haxorus.

Agreed. I just don't see Haxorus standing up to Scrafty and winning. It would defy the laws of physics in pokemon.