• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita (716)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I found this episode to be quite enjoyable. I found Axew's dream to be one of the funniest scenes in Pokemon I've seen in a while. I kinda thought Garbodor could have been replaced by any other big Unova pokemon.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
That Gothita is most definately spoilt but I'm glad Snivy put it in it's place. Scraggy and Axew's friendship was adorable in this episode. Axew just couldn't bare life without his best friend, awwww :D.

There were a lot of smile moments in this episode and it was just an enjoyable episode :D.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
That Gothita needed to spanked a few times. What's with the super bossy girls on this show? Don't give away your Pokemon to someone for a dumb reason!

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
Exactly.

But of course it's obvious Haxorus would destroy Scrafty.

Eh, admit it. Iris would so totally brag about that and Ash would dumbly accept a match just like what happened in this episode.

What? We don't know if Haxorus would win or not. And since we don't let's not be quick to think of Scraggy as this little weakling instead of Axew who hides in Iris's hair.

ricedonut

pringle user
Awesome episode, Axew's dream sequence was hilarious (especially with the background music).

I also like how snivy owned gothita, it definately deserved it.

Battra

Horrible episode, with a stupid premise. The Gothita was obnoxious & Ash was stupid for even excepting the battle even after he said he didn't want to trade. This was just **** writing from beginning to end.

G50

No longer posting
That Gothita needed to spanked a few times. What's with the super bossy girls on this show? Don't give away your Pokemon to someone for a dumb reason!

Ash was certainly acting without thinking again. He thought that someone saying he's too scared, not good enough, etc. was enough to make him try to prove them wrong.
He didn't really need to give in.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
For people who don't know Katherine has been confirmed to be Kerry Williams making it her first role since the voice switch.

Yeah, it's nice that Kerry's back.

I've only watched this in Japanese so far.

Gothita's Japanese voice is the veteran voice actress Rikako Aikawa. She hasn't voiced any characters since the Advanced Generation series.

What the heck did I just watch. *shits myself*

This episode was terrible. Why would Ash even accept the battle? Even if Katherine made fun of his badges, I would have just kicked her and walked away. Oh, and another Mandibuzz ends up getting destroyed. Wtf, Mandibuzz is supposed to be much stronger than the likes of Scraggy and Tepig. Gothita was annoying as hell, and didn't learn anything in the end. I didn't like Kathwhatever in the japanese episode, and I like her even less now. Why do people want her to become a recurring character? I never understood that. Garbodor's debut was horrible as well. I hope Gothita and Karburator are just COTD. I don't want to see them again.

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was great for the Pokemon, but Katherine and Gothita were annoying. Gothita controlling the trainer is something that's stupidly unspeakable. However, it was great to see the improved friendship between Scraggy and Axew. Seeing Snivy and Tepig get a win was nice, as well. I loved how Snivy was in this episode. It really proves that no one could question Snivy's maturity.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
I suppose it's the fact that Katharine is taking the league on like Ash is.

And, frankly speaking, it's kind of likely that she will appear again down the road. If she doesn't, we'll find out she didn't make it this year.

Anybody who's anybody carrying around badges and is going to compete in the league can't all be rivals to Ash. If so then be prepared for over 10 characters who we won't all see or get no development.

And another thing, this episode speaks of "spoiled" in the right manner. Ash should have denied her and moved on. Or battled her without the trade offer.

Haunter ゴースト

Ash simply felt pressured into fighting her, he didn't want to be redeemed as chickening out or being weak and couldn't refuse. He definetly had his heart intent on winning since he didn't wanna get rid of Scraggy, no way was he giving that one up.

Having you heart intent on winning doesn't mean you'll win, though.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I get the Pokemon's wants for scraggy but the girl could have been more respectful of the fact that the Pokemon didn't belong to her and she should have went to go catch another one. But I guess that would be too simple in this show.

Haunter ゴースト

I get the Pokemon's wants for scraggy but the girl could have been more respectful of the fact that the Pokemon didn't belong to her and she should have went to go catch another one. But I guess that would be too simple in this show.

That was the whole point though, to show she couldn't control her 'DEMANDING GOTHITA'.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!

That girl was ten times bigger than that little Smoochum reject. She seemed like there was something going up in that head of hers. But maybe a battle to get the little Pokemon's butt kicked would be a way to get her to stop. But I doubt if we see them both again, the Pokemon would still have that problem. If.

ForgottenPearl

I enjoyed this episode overall. I wasn't very happy with Ash getting goaded into the battle, but he can be very impulsive at times, so I guess it isn't too out of character. Katherine was an interesting character, getting bossed around by her own Pokemon. Since the stakes were high, I thought the Tepig battle was pretty exciting. I was so happy when he won. The relationship between Scraggy and Axew was very cute, and Snivy looked proud to defend it. ^_^ And Cilan had one heck of an outfit in Axew's dream. Finally, it was nice to see Snivy put Gothita in her place: that made me smile too. Also, it was interesting little twist that the typical ending good-byes had to be rushed.

And I do think it would be interesting to see Katherine again. If she does return, I have the feeling the episode will center around her trying to develop some backbone around her Pokemon. Overall, great episode in my eyes.

thekorean

That girl was ten times bigger than that little Smoochum reject. She seemed like there was something going up in that head of hers. But maybe a battle to get the little Pokemon's butt kicked would be a way to get her to stop. But I doubt if we see them both again, the Pokemon would still have that problem. If.

lol Smoochum reject. Had me chuckle.