• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy-Hatched to Be Wild (676)

What may make it plausible is that Iris had a pretty big role in 'saving' Zuruggu in this episode. Iris was the one that cured Zuruggu's poison and she got jack for that.. Ash couldn't do a damn thing, so I'm not very pleased with the complete progression of how it bonded with Ash.
Iris did the same with Pansage. Sure it's a different scenario in that Pansage was already Dento's but still, she has the skills to make medicine to heal pokemon so she'll do it. It shouldn't really mean anything besides that.

That being said, I did like the episode, just the fact that Iris saved Zuruggu while Ash couldn't is just a plain smack in the face in my opinion to the sentiment and request that Ash got when he got the damn egg.

'Please take good care of the pokemon in this egg'

Next thing you know he's relying on other people's skills to do so.. I'm sorry, but Ash doesn't really deserve Zuruggu now does he? And don't give me that crap akin to 'well he defended it the second time'. If it weren't for Iris saving it the first time, and Ash maybe keeping an eye on his newborn, then there wouldn't have been a second time.

So all of you people who said that 'Ash should get it, because he got the egg as a gift' should look at themselves with this in mind. He didn't only get it as a gift, he got it with a request, and he failed to fulfill that request the moment it hatched.

How is Ash worthy of keeping it?

Sorry, but I'd think it'd be a smack in the face if Iris got Scraggy instead. It was given to Ash so he should keep it since in natural circumstances, we'd all await to see what new pokemon he'll get. We're not waiting for this episode to see if Iris will get it. Besides Togepi (who was in no official ownership as an egg btw), all the eggs that were given stayed with their trainer. Scraggy shouldn't be any different.

And other than healing other people's pokemon, Iris hasn't done anything with her own pokemon since BW started. I'd rather see Ash get Scraggy so we could see it train along with the rest of his team. Right now, Iris is too focused on Axew and with two baby pokemon...yeah doesn't really make sense. She also has to focus on getting Excadrill to listen to her too so getting a third pokemon (that doesn't battle well either) is not gonna help her training.

Also, you're really discrediting Ash and all his pokemon's efforts to defend Scraggy? That was probably the best moment of the episode and that shouldn't count? And just because Ash couldn't make medicine for his pokemon (like he usually couldn't), that automatically means he shouldn't get it? Um...we have about 175+ episodes left for BW, he has all that time to take care of Scraggy and to train it. I don't see how one instance is an auto failure and he's undeserving. I honestly believe that we wouldn't even think of Scraggy going to Iris or Ash being undeserving of his own egg pokemon if we hadn't seen those sketches (that don't mean anything anyway). Since Scraggy's now Ash's, it should stay on his team. It makes more sense that way.

Ash can focus on his baby pokemon, while Iris focuses on hers and they can help each other train so their baby pokemon can be stronger and we can see a Scraggy/Axew rematch except at their evolved states maybe. With this episode recognizing that Ash and Iris both have baby pokemon, I think it'd be great to see them work together to train their pokemon and with that said, maybe Iris will come to respect Ash more and not call him a child as much in the future.

So I could see something like that and now that we know Ash has Scraggy from this episode, I really don't see why this whole Iris/Scraggy thing has to be pressed on.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Denchura is going to be the Ariados of this region, great... Shock Web (or whatever that attack is called ) looked pretty cool.

I don't know, that thing is pretty awsome but at the same time shoving it down our throats alot wouldn't really be good either.

heh, though if that was electra ball they were using, I'd like to see Pikachu get that move and use it.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
I think the idea of it been a tough outside, Scraggy shows his power is not yet full and that Snivy was the only one who didnt really care for him, but he may get the same response as Gible wont he?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So is Fllint like the 4th TR member?

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Awesome episode. The interaction between Scraggy and the rest of Ash's Pokemon was well played out. I hope we have an episode soon where the Pokemon all get separated and we can see the whole group reaction again. We basically have Pikachu as the leader, teacher, and mentor to the others. Pidove is the weird one who freaks out like Muku.BIRD. Oshawott is the guy who gets ticked if his pride is challenged. Tepig is the neutral peacekeeper. Snivy is the Treecko/Grovyle of the group who just stands off at the side, cool as a cucumber, and interferes when necessary, staying collected while doing so. And lastly, Scraggy is the prankster gangster who likes being a rebel and pushing Oshawott's buttons. I love that layout, and hope the Pokemon keep these personalities and their reactions with each other.

Best part had to be when Tepig was pushing away Oshawott from Zuruggu. Oshawott's face is like "I KILL YOU, MAN! I KILL YOU!"

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Nah Shiny Zuruggu is more Orange than that and its arms are darker and it matched the one in the Pokedex

Not to mention that the crest is more magenta-ish purple

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Iris did the same with Pansage. Sure it's a different scenario in that Pansage was already Dento's but still, she has the skills to make medicine to heal pokemon so she'll do it. It shouldn't really mean anything besides that.

It's not that she healed him, it's the circumstance. Ash himself got the bequest of caring for the pokemon.. The pokemon gets into trouble, all due to Ash's neglegance, and gets poisoned in the process. Ash doesn't do crap but hold the pokemon while Iris does the work.

That's exactly the thing Ash should've done. Old Ash would've ran to the pokemon center.. The writers could've conveniently placed a pokemon center in the proximaty, but they chose to give Iris interaction with Zuruggu, and let Ash fail in the promise he gave to the daycare person..

This has nothing whatsoever to do with just healing a pokemon, like Iris did with Yanappu.

Sorry, but I'd think it'd be a smack in the face if Iris got Scraggy instead. It was given to Ash so he should keep it since in natural circumstances, we'd all await to see what new pokemon he'll get. We're not waiting for this episode to see if Iris will get it. Besides Togepi (who was in no official ownership as an egg btw), all the eggs that were given stayed with their trainer. Scraggy shouldn't be any different.

It's a smack in the face to the person that gave Ash that egg and that's that. She trusted in him, yet her trust is betrayed by his ineptitude to take care of his pokemon. Not once, but he let it slip away twice when he was watching! That's not the way he should fulfill that promise.

There wasn't a natural circumstance. The circumstance of Ash getting the egg was that he would take care of it, and the moment it hatched he failed. If the person who gave him the egg knew this, he probably wouldn't even have gotten it in the first place. That's the point.

And other than healing other people's pokemon, Iris hasn't done anything with her own pokemon since BW started. I'd rather see Ash get Scraggy so we could see it train along with the rest of his team. Right now, Iris is too focused on Axew and with two baby pokemon...yeah doesn't really make sense. She also has to focus on getting Excadrill to listen to her too so getting a third pokemon (that doesn't battle well either) is not gonna help her training.

Point taken. Nobody should've gotten this egg then, besides Dento perhaps.

Also, you're really discrediting Ash and all his pokemon's efforts to defend Scraggy? That was probably the best moment of the episode and that shouldn't count? And just because Ash couldn't make medicine for his pokemon (like he usually couldn't), that automatically means he shouldn't get it? Um...we have about 175+ episodes left for BW, he has all that time to take care of Scraggy and to train it. I don't see how one instance is an auto failure and he's undeserving. I honestly believe that we wouldn't even think of Scraggy going to Iris or Ash being undeserving of his own egg pokemon if we hadn't seen those sketches (that don't mean anything anyway). Since Scraggy's now Ash's, it should stay on his team. It makes more sense that way.

Of course I'm discrediting the best moment of the episode! Can't see why I shouldn't. The thing that caused that scene to happen was Ash's neglegance in the first place! Your newborn the just hatched stomps off and you don't chase after it? So yeah, just because Ash couldn't make a medicine is not the only cause. He was neglegant twice in this episode. One of which caused this scene in the first place, so if Ash were better at taking care of his pokemon, this wouldn't have happened. If it weren't for Kibago, Zuruggu would've been dead. That's why Ash doesn't deserve Zuruggu. It's what I've said in the speculation thread: 'If you can't save it, then you shouldn't have it.' In this case he saved it, but it was his mistake to let it go off on a tantrum in the first place.. That kinda defeats the purpose, since it still shows us how crappy a caretaker Ash is.

Ash can focus on his baby pokemon, while Iris focuses on hers and they can help each other train so their baby pokemon can be stronger and we can see a Scraggy/Axew rematch except at their evolved states maybe. With this episode recognizing that Ash and Iris both have baby pokemon, I think it'd be great to see them work together to train their pokemon and with that said, maybe Iris will come to respect Ash more and not call him a child as much in the future.

So I could see something like that and now that we know Ash has Scraggy from this episode, I really don't see why this whole Iris/Scraggy thing has to be pressed on.

First few comments in bold.

I like the idea of Ash and Iris becoming training partners and working together, that's great and all. I don't have a problem with that.

I think you misunderstood my post a bit if you think I pressed the 'Iris/Scraggy'-thing. The whole point of my post wasn't to state that I rather want Zuruggu to be with Iris (though it kinda implies it here or there, I do admit), but the real point was that I see, very clearly, that Ash has not once, but twice in a single episode failed on keeping his promise and therefore shouldn't really be keeping the thing, it just isn't right and fair to the person who gave him the egg...

XXD17

Draco rex
It's finally great to see axew exhibit some fighting spirit and start acting like a dragon
and scraggy really overestimates his strength...

Also, has it been proven that axew's a male yet ? because I believe Iris said something about axew being an "onii-chan" to the pokemon in the egg right before axew gets over-excited and sends the egg flying. I believe everyone knows that onii-chan means older brother in japanese so does this prove axew's gender ? Oh also I think it's important to note that the axew in the mystery egg is also male.

Last edited:

Blitz Lucario

This episode was great and probably one of the best in the series so far. I loved the way that it interacted with all of Ash's Pokemon.

Pidove was like "Hello! (Headbutt!) Blink, OWOWOW!"
Oshawott is like "Hey welcome to the team." Gets hit and then its like "I KILL YOU! KILL YOU!"

My favorite part was the fact that all of Ash's Pokemon were able to appear in do something in the episode.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Locormus are you watching the same anime we are, cause it seems to me like your misunderstanding Ash's character here.

1.He isn't the medical type, that's always been Brock's duty, and now that he's gone Iris has apparently gotten that role, which imo fits her because she isn't useful otherwise.

2.Ash is not a forceful person, he's not gonna force a pokemon, newborn or not to go into a pokeball if they don't want to, the fault thier lies with Zuruggu personality.

3.They were all asleep sans Kibago the first time it ran off, so how was he supposed to know that it had run off, the guy isn't psychic.

4.The second time it went back to the tree, Ash did come and save it. His pokemon combined thier efforts and sent the spiders packing, did Iris or Dent help out in the aspect? Not at all.

Seriously, stop making up excuses mr. "plot power dictates everything." and enjoy the show for what it is, cause your starting to become as bad as Maxim is at being a nitpicker.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Daaaaamn. That baby is one badass kid. Loved how he was just Headbutting everybody left and right. The one that started it was hilarious. Not to mention that it's facial expressions are hilarious. A great addition to the team. Reminds me of Gible.

I guess another episode that has me slightly interested in the series.

rocky505

Okay I think Team Rocket will have something to do with Deoxys.

dman_dustin

I have to agree with Ash6K and AlmightZard here.

Iris helping out, is just that, her helping out.

Dento said they were too far from a Pokemon Center, and Iris then immediately wanted help out by making the "antidote."

Remember Iris only supplied the medicine to heal Scraggy, it was Ash who actually fed the antidote to Scraggy, as well as gave it some water to drink.

None of what happened to Scraggy can be blamed by Ash at all since:

1. It didn't want to go into the Poke ball.
2. Like AlmightZard said, Ash isn't psychic and doesn't know what Scraggy would do if he was asleep.
3. Scraggy didn't really seem to care if it got hurt.

To go back to someone's previous post on why it wasn't believable that only Axew followed Scraggy (the second time) keep in mind a few things:

1. They probably didn't think Scraggy was going to go back to the tree. I mean would you go back to the tree with Pokemon that tried to kill you? Sure its happened before with Ash's Grovyle, and someone else I can't think of, but surely almost dying as a newborn would've brought some sense into Scraggy. Even though apparently not.

2. They likely saw Axew going with Scraggy and figured if anything happened Axew would come and tell them (which is what happened). Remember this happened with Axew in BW009, you could tell Iris was worried about Axew, but since Pikachu went with it, everything would've been fine and taken care of.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Why? you guys must a really big problem with bullying or something, to not accept a little runty pokemon who will probably change with time.

Actually, I do. Bullying has given me a fear of teenagers, so the introduction of Scraggy, who is based on the very kind of teenager I fear, was my worst nightmare.

...The new Monferno (strange that you identify it by the form it spent the least time in and did the least in)...

I somehow doubt that. Chimchar was a starter pokemon owned by Ash's main rival, which he adopted after a lifetime of mistreatment. It dominated Ash's later gym campaign and evolved twice to prove itself to its old trainer, as well as harnessing its ability...

How does any of this translate to Zurrugu?

The only link between Monferno and Scraggy is a personal one, in that both of them (though for different reasons) made me stop liking the Anime. Nothing major.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Kibago's rather curious about the egg, since it's...close to hatching!
-WAY TO TRIP AND SEND THE EGG TUMBLING DOWN A HILL, KIBAGO.
-And Pikachu saves the egg from becoming an omelette!
-Zuruggu hatched! It seems polite enough to Ash, but...it tries to headbutt Pikachu. Tsk tsk.
-Ash decides that it's a-ok for the newborn Zuruggu to battle Pikachu. Oh, Ash.
-Ash has Pikachu use Thunderbolt, only about 10,000 times weaker(he says "juu volt(10 volts), not juuman volt(100,000 volts)"). See Iris? Ash CAN adjust his power levels to train baby Pokemon!
-Looks like Zuruggu can talk a tough game, but it can't walk the walk.
-Oh god, Mamepato's face after Zuruggu headbutts it. Combine that with Kibago's face right afterwards, and it looks like this is gonna be a great ep for funny faces!
-Pikachu and Pokabu had to drag Mijumaru away before it beat the shit out of that little roughneck...or at least they tried. But now Zuruggu knocked off Mijumaru's shell. This means WAR!
-Zuruggu can use its pants as a shield? Seriously?
-You know Ash, you could at least TRY to scold Zuruggu for its misbehavior.
-Bahahahahaha, Tsutarja just gracefully jumped away from Zuruggu(making the little ruffian pretty woozy). And now it's holding Zuruggu back with Vine Whip. I love this episode.
-Uh oh, now Zuruggu has its sights set on Kibago. ...but Kibago hid in Iris' hair like a coward.
-Blah blah TR time blah
-Where are Dento's Pokemon in this dinnertime scene? When was the last time we even saw his Ishizumai? WHY MUST YOUR POKEMON STARVE, DENTO?
-Blah blah another 5 seconds of TR blah
-It's nighttime back in twerpland, and...Zuruggu vanished!
-Oh hey, Iris DOES have proper pajamas!
-Zuruggu was just kicking/headbutting a tree. No big deal. Other than the giant electric tarantula(with a badass voice!) it just pissed off.
-Zuruggu gets hurt pretty badly, but luckily for it, Iris is as good as a Pokemon center!
-Blah blah TR delivers the meteorite to mad scientist mark twain blah
-In the morning, Zuruggu heads right back to that tree so it can headbutt it some more & summon the Denchura for a fight. I'm starting to think that Zuruggu is...special.
-Kibago wants to eat next to Zuruggu, Zuruggu doesn't want to, they start fight, and...Dento has the bright idea of making them fight each other? What? I'd expect that from Ash, not you!
-Naturally, the match ends with a rather explosive Dragon Sneeze knocking out both Pokemon.

In short: A pretty damned hilarious episode that introduced what seems like a pretty damned hilarious Pokemon. Zuruggu's "acts tough but is actually pretty weak" schtick is better than the generic bullying I expected. But most importantly:
All of the fucking egg speculation is done. It's done! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Allah! Thank you, Zeus!

Last edited:

No. 1 Machop Fan

-Zuruggu can use its pants as a shield? Seriously?

According to its Black Pokedex entry, it can. The 'pants'' rubber elasticity repels attacks.

But most importantly:
All of the fucking egg speculation is done. It's done! Thank you, Jesus! Thank you, Allah! Thank you, Zeus!

You forgot to thank Arceus! :p