• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scraggy-Hatched to Be Wild (676)

uber gon

Accept Change
So Ash has a Dark/Fighting type. Yay, status quo breaker!

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
I loved the moment when the first Denchura came from behing the tree and looked at Zuruggu as if to say 'You headbutting my tree boy?'

Maxim

Beyond repair
Good that they finally showed Professor Seger. About freakin' time.

RickHoenn

Banned
Another excellent episode Best Wishes delivers!

Scraggy was a total brat, I love his attitude haha and I loved the interaction between Ash pokes! it was amazing! :D oh and Dent, Iris & Ash in pajamas FTW!!!

I don't know why everybody loves Denchura! o_o it's just alright for me lol :p

Team Rocket scenes! <3 finally that mysterious professor appeared.

Fantastic episode! 9.5/10

BlueDragonfangirl

Good episode, awesome battles and great comical moments. The only thing I felt was out of place was the Team Rocket scenes.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
Really liked this. :p

Favorites were the introduction to the others and their different reactions back.

Pikachu: WTF? Does he have rabies or something?

Pidove: Hiya! <3 *KLONG* Ow! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? *flees in terror*

Oshawott: Hi pal! *KLONG* Let me at him, let me at him! *loses his shell* RAEG!

Tepig: Eh? *KLONG* ...Huh?

Snivy: *Scraggy charges* Yeah, I think not. *graceful dodge* ...Is he still after me? Ugh. *keeps him back with vine whip* Sheeesh...

As well as a little thing during the later fight- Everyone is pwning, and then Oshawott decides to hold his "Badass" pose a bit too long- and gets saved by an obviously irritated Snivy.

gliscor&yanmega

Another excellent episode Best Wishes delivers!

Scraggy was a total brat, I love his attitude haha and I loved the interaction between Ash pokes! it was amazing! :D oh and Dent, Iris & Ash in pajamas FTW!!!

I don't know why everybody loves Denchura! o_o it's just alright for me lol :p

Team Rocket scenes! <3 finally that mysterious professor appeared.

Fantastic episode! 9.5/10

I loved the interactions between the Pokemon too. Although I wish Dento's Pansage and Dwebble appeared as well in it. Oh well.

Galvantula is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of generation 5, it just looks so awesome to me. And overall is a great Pokemon. People have different tastes though, some people love the thing others don't, same for all Pokemon.

Good episode, awesome battles and great comical moments. The only thing I felt was out of place was the Team Rocket scenes.

The Team Rocket scenes usually feel out of place to me but it's hard to not have it feel random when they are basically off doing something completely different, if it wasn't for Meowth it would probably feel like we were watching a whole other show. But I love the Team Rocket scenes regardless.

Probably my favorite episode in BW so far. I loved Scraggy's interaction with Ash's pokemon. Especially Oshawott's and Snivy's. Those two are just awesome with their personalities. I did like Pidove's delayed reaction too. I really liked how all of Ash's pokemon had a part in this episode and it really showed that Ash finally built up a complete team that can work together and grow stronger together. Really liked how all of them saved Scraggy from the Gavantula!

The Kibago vs. Scraggy rivalry is cool too. It's nice to see how they're both referenced as the youngest in the group and hopefully they can help each other grow stronger since they're on the same level of power. If Iris is the gym leader, I'd love to see a Scrafty vs. Haxorus match up in the future.

Anyway, Scraggy was definitely awesome and I liked how even though it wants to battle, it still showed that it was inexperienced and not 100% battle ready like other hatched pokemon. It really seemed like I was watching a two year old or something with the way it acted. Can't wait to see Ash and Scraggy train to get stronger. I think it's likely to see Headbutt develop into Head Smash in the future and I'd love to see some dark moves like Payback and/or Bark Out for Scraggy's future moveset.

Overall, great episode! Glad to see Ash with Scraggy and it's definitely gonna be an awesome asset on his team for the future. Not to mention, it's his first dark type! Yay :D

Thriller

Its almost time
What Buizel tried to do for 3/4s of Diamond and Pearl, Zuru managed to top Grovyle/Sceptile in TWENTY MINUTES.

turtle twig

Ash got scraggy. I am very, very relieved that this didn't turn into a Togepi rehash. And Ash and Iris finally battled, and each have a pokemon that rivals the other. Lets hope things improve even further.

Brandon00151

At least in Terms of Defense/HP/Ability to take a hit it seems that Pidove is Ash's weakest Pokemon besides maybe Zuruggu/Scraggy ,and then I might think that Scraggy may be stronger than it in that aspect even though it is just a baby.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I honestly hate the Scraggy line... so I wasn't pleased to hear that Ash would get one.

But this episode made it go from Hate > to Huge Dislike.
Hopefully as time passes by it gets released or just grows on me.

I did like the whole Ash's team vs Garvantulas.
+ Pidove actually doing something.
+ Oshawott going "oh bugger, no you didn't!"
+ Snivy saving Oshawott
+ Snivy being awesome and using Vine Whip to stop Scraggy.
+ Pokabu not reacting to the headbutt
+ Pikachu vs Scraggy in general
+ Axew vs Scraggy
+ Team Rocket getting more screentime
+ Axew being as adorable as always.
+ Ash getting a Dark type.

Things I didn't like
- Scraggy
- Scraggy's attitude
- Scraggy being Ash's first dark type and not Sandile. (but I was hoping for Sewaddle in the egg not sandile or sewaddle btw)

magicallypuzzled

best parts to me were definitely the snivy parts she was just amazing. from stopping scraggy in his tracks with a gentle but firm vine whip that didn't even whip and yet still some how manages to own scraggy. to moving mirujamaru out of the way and an incrediably awesome leaf storm attack.

that said how ever i really did like scraggy in this from being so weak yet still trying to take every one on to trying to get stronger. he was just pure fun, i do think the reason he fought all of ash's pokemon was to determine just how he fit in strenght wise it's a good thing he found kindred weakness in kibago or he might of gotten depressed lol.

Last edited:

Yugure Mukuhawk

Dusk Staraptor
I think that zurrugu is shiny.
His yellow parts are little beat dark.
I think that Iris will catch sandile and will trade it for zuru.
atleast ash will keep a dark type.

Last edited:

Brandon00151

Nah Shiny Zuruggu is more Orange than that and its arms are darker and it matched the one in the Pokedex

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Finally Ash's team is complete, it's funny that people thought it would be like the togepi incident, from the description, it looks like a good episode, especially Zuruggu and Kibago having a battle ending in a draw.

It's funny that people thought the egg was going to hatch in anything else aside from a Zuruggu, but that's beside the point is it? It surely was debatable at the time.. And if I recall, I made a point of saying in my last post about the subject that it could go to either Ash or Iris: 'Whoever saves it'. And how right I was about that situation by the way.. So the best way you could've worded that sentence was 'it's funny that people thought it COULD be like the Togepi incident'

Good that they finally showed Professor Seger. About freakin' time.

Is he a game character? Like what? I didn't even know the guy existed and he probably even doesn't if you look at the game canon..

Was he speculated to be this big character in previous episodes? They're going to stall play the Team Rocket plot for a while.. I think they're heading towards Hiun City next and they won't fly all the way to the desert yet.

What Buizel tried to do for 3/4s of Diamond and Pearl, Zuru managed to top Grovyle/Sceptile in TWENTY MINUTES.

Buizel = Fighter
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile = Loner
Zuruggu = Tough kid..

I never saw much of a comparison between Buizel and Sceptile, besides the fact that they both use projectile attacks from their mouths, and use attacks with their arms and tails..

Zuruggu is kind of a mix between both, and at this point is leaning more to being a kind of Treecko. The 'tree headbutting' was very reminiscent of how Treecko was pushing itself to perfect its Pound. They both tried to do it by themselves, which is a pretty large similarity.

Shiny Zuruggu's bellies are pink/magenta.. This kid's obviously has a red tummy.. It's a regular Zuruggu, otherwise they would've made specific note of it and 'Ash's Zuruggu'-event pokemon would've also been shiny.

Meguroko has shown to want the attention of Ash. To think that it would want to go with Iris at this point is a bit weird.

What may make it plausible is that Iris had a pretty big role in 'saving' Zuruggu in this episode. Iris was the one that cured Zuruggu's poison and she got jack for that.. Ash couldn't do a damn thing, so I'm not very pleased with the complete progression of how it bonded with Ash.

That being said, I did like the episode, just the fact that Iris saved Zuruggu while Ash couldn't is just a plain smack in the face in my opinion to the sentiment and request that Ash got when he got the damn egg.

'Please take good care of the pokemon in this egg'

Next thing you know he's relying on other people's skills to do so.. I'm sorry, but Ash doesn't really deserve Zuruggu now does he? And don't give me that crap akin to 'well he defended it the second time'. If it weren't for Iris saving it the first time, and Ash maybe keeping an eye on his newborn, then there wouldn't have been a second time.

So all of you people who said that 'Ash should get it, because he got the egg as a gift' should look at themselves with this in mind. He didn't only get it as a gift, he got it with a request, and he failed to fulfill that request the moment it hatched.

How is Ash worthy of keeping it?

I like that Zuruggu is one the team, it's a fun character, just the way this episode was written means that it will always have a flaw.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Finally, the damn egg is hatched and peace can return.

I enjoyed this episode. Zuruggu is a fun little Pokémon and this episode made me enjoy it even more. Loved the reactions Ash's Pokémon had to it, especially Tepig. Can't wait to see the dub.

Aquanova

Guys Zuruggu is Ash's Pokemon. Why should Iris get it? It dosent even get along with her Kibago. Why cant we be happy he has a cool pokemon instead of saying" he should give it to Iris cause maybe he was a bit of an idiot". It wasnt supposed to be a Togepi incedent obviously.

Have you guys thought about the possibility that the writers actually want Ash to catch more pokemon this season. Tell me why he cant have Zuruggu, catch Sunglasses Sandile, and possibly other pokemon too

Cobalt_Latios

Wow, Scraggy (that's it's English name?? Okay...) was quite the hilarious bully. I liked how he went after everyone, and pretty much Snivy was the only one able to handle the guy.

And great, if they're not overusing "Dragon Spiral Tower" (a.k.a. Tower of Heaven), they're overusing the Pokemon League theme.

Lots of great comedy in this episode, Scraggy looks like a welcome addition to the group.

Also, finally Ash got to battle with Iris... but it was because Scraggy and Axew seems to have some sort of "feud" going on. Do you guys thinks Scraggy has one with Oshawott also, or is it just because of his personality of overreacting to things? Hard to know.

Really wanting to know what's going on with the whole meteorite plot line. Or at least, what the scientist was talking about.

Denchura is going to be the Ariados of this region, great... Shock Web (or whatever that attack is called ) looked pretty cool.

Overall, a pretty good and entertaining episode. I can scraggy is going to be a barrel of laughs for a while ^^. On that note, anyone think it'll eventually evolve?

/CL