• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scratch artist returning from the grave for some C+C

How is my spriting?

• Amazing

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Good

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Okay

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Anytime. (Right now is a perfect example...lol)

Ironeon:
I like Ironeon, but it just doesn't look like an Eeveelution.
Eeveelutions are always pretty or cute and Ironeon...well if I saw one in real life it would scare the crap out of me.

Glosseon:
I like it, but what type is it?

Haloist:
This this is awsome!
I love this whole evolution line.
They are your best sprites.

Kitsu:
It looks neat.
It could be an eeveelution if you changed its name cause it fits the cute/pretty requirement.
What type is it though?

I like your new ones and I can't wait for more!
(Also all of their shading is very good)

XD Well, to my knowledge none of the steel-types are built to be pretty or cute, in fact most if not all of them are either scary, weird or a mix of the two. So I'm not sure if even an eeveelution should be an exception to that rule.

Glosseon is what I call right now 'Aura' type. This is obviously not an existing type, but I've seen everyone and their dog do 'Light' type so I thought I'd deviate a bit. Aura could be similar to light in certain circumstances, but there're many ways in which it differs. [i.e. if I made a game, the move Flash would not be an Aura-type, as that is more attributed to the light type. Things like Aura sphere and odor sleuth would be Aura types]

Thanks for the compliments on the Blist line. Admittedly it was the easiest one to make X3

Kitsu is a fire type. Unless I changed the type to something Eevee doesn't turn into, though I don't know what it'd be, it can't be an eeveelution. As a side note it was meant to be a prevo to Vulpix, though it doesn't really look it.

Here's a couple new ones:

Leviatine
leviatinenewgu0.gif

Bleh, I don't like this one much. Comments?

Liku
likuyb4.gif

Kebilito

WHAAAAAAT!?
Leviantine has a good concept, it just needs a bit more thinking. First off, it has no eye. It needs a defined eye to look actually real. The tail is also uneven, especially at the end. You still need to work on the outlines, though. I can show you an example.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Leviantine has a good concept, it just needs a bit more thinking. First off, it has no eye. It needs a defined eye to look actually real. The tail is also uneven, especially at the end. You still need to work on the outlines, though. I can show you an example.

Bah, I knew that the Leviatine sprite wasn't very good. The yellow circle on its face is meant to be its eye. I wanted it to have glowy yellow eyes. But I'll eventually re-work the sprite. I haven't actually changed the outlines of any of my older sprites, so some of them will still look pretty bad. I am also planning on re-doing Growthlea since it looks just like a tan bunny with spots and its outlining is horrid, as well as the upper shading on Hookit.

But thank you for the crit. :)

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Made some changes:

Leviatine
leviatinenewbi3.gif

Better? I feel that the changes make it look more like a fearsome dragon

Growthlea
growthleanewtl1.gif

I think this is a big improvement. What about you guys?

Hookit
hookitnewke3.gif

Changed the shading a bit.

Luro
luronewkr3.gif

This is one of the very very few fakemon where I'm keeping the old sprite rather than making a new one. I only had to change some of the shading and outline.

Magryle
magrylenewjr4.gif

asdfjgkl; I Hate this one, it gave me so much trouble ;_; but I don't know what to do with it now >.>

Marqua
marquanewql9.gif

DON'T BE SHY ABOUT COMMENTING. EVEN THE TINIEST THING HELPS

Last edited:

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Made some changes:

Leviatine
leviatinenewbi3.gif

Better? I feel that the changes make it look more like a fearsome dragon

Growthlea
growthleanewtl1.gif

I think this is a big improvement. What about you guys?

Hookit
hookitnewke3.gif

Changed the shading a bit.

Luro
luronewkr3.gif

This is one of the very very few fakemon where I'm keeping the old sprite rather than making a new one. I only had to change some of the shading and outline.

Magryle
magrylenewjr4.gif

asdfjgkl; I Hate this one, it gave me so much trouble ;_; but I don't know what to do with it now >.>

Marqua
marquanewql9.gif

DON'T BE SHY ABOUT COMMENTING. EVEN THE TINIEST THING HELPS

Leviatine:
I don't like it.
it isn't it's shading or color I just don't like how it looks.

Growthlea:
The picture didn't show up for me.

Hookit:
I like it.'It is shaded better.

Luro:
Wow I think this one si sooooo cute!

Magryle:
I just don't like how this one one looks. it doesn't looks very pokemon-like.

Marqua:
I like it except for it's eye.
It's eye looks to big for some reason.

There is my C&C.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Leviatine:
I don't like it.
it isn't it's shading or color I just don't like how it looks.

Growthlea:
The picture didn't show up for me.

Hookit:
I like it.'It is shaded better.

Luro:
Wow I think this one si sooooo cute!

Magryle:
I just don't like how this one one looks. it doesn't looks very pokemon-like.

Marqua:
I like it except for it's eye.
It's eye looks to big for some reason.

There is my C&C.

Blargh. Imageshack be phailin' meh today.

try this:

Growthlea
growthleanewpq0.gif

I know what you mean about Magryle. After I was finished with it I looked at its face and was like...'eh'. But I was really happy with the rock shading. I think it's just the face :|

Marqua's eyes are supposed to be be 'big' so it's good that you said that.

Leviatine...well...can't please everyone I guess ^^; everyone has their non-likeable pokemon.

If images aren't showing up please refer to the site on the very first post. I'll get around to fixing it here later

Last edited:

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Blargh. Imageshack be phailin' meh today.

try this:

Growthlea
growthleanewpq0.gif

I know what you mean about Magryle. After I was finished with it I looked at its face and was like...'eh'. But I was really happy with the rock shading. I think it's just the face :|

Marqua's eyes are supposed to be be 'big' so it's good that you said that.

Leviatine...well...can't please everyone I guess ^^; everyone has their non-likeable pokemon.

If images aren't showing up please refer to the site on the very first post. I'll get around to fixing it here later

Wow I really like Growthea!
The shading is pretty good (although I think you used to much of th 3rd color shade on the body and not enough of the 2nd).
Overall I would give this one a 9.5/10!

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Thanks Pika3 :D

Although I don't have anything new to show right now, I can't bear the thought of my thread slipping into oblivion.

Please do continue to comment and criticize my sprites, even if it's the tiniest thing.

Thanks

~RK

Dapuff

you LOVE critism you say? well i found a really BIG or small problem. (humor me)

though your sprites artisticly are great, there absoulty HUGE!!!!! or tiny

try to get your sprites to be in proportion to the offial sprites

excuse my spelling IM RALLY DUPID

Last edited:

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
XD Well, to my knowledge none of the steel-types are built to be pretty or cute, in fact most if not all of them are either scary, weird or a mix of the two. So I'm not sure if even an eeveelution should be an exception to that rule.

Glosseon is what I call right now 'Aura' type. This is obviously not an existing type, but I've seen everyone and their dog do 'Light' type so I thought I'd deviate a bit. Aura could be similar to light in certain circumstances, but there're many ways in which it differs. [i.e. if I made a game, the move Flash would not be an Aura-type, as that is more attributed to the light type. Things like Aura sphere and odor sleuth would be Aura types]

Thanks for the compliments on the Blist line. Admittedly it was the easiest one to make X3

Kitsu is a fire type. Unless I changed the type to something Eevee doesn't turn into, though I don't know what it'd be, it can't be an eeveelution. As a side note it was meant to be a prevo to Vulpix, though it doesn't really look it.

Here's a couple new ones:

Leviatine
leviatinenewgu0.gif

Bleh, I don't like this one much. Comments?

Liku
likuyb4.gif

You know I never noticed these guys before.
I think they are both good.
Leviatine is too big though.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
*sigh*

Does anyone actually READ the first post? The one where I explicitly state that I KNOW that some of these sprites are TOO BIG for an ACTUAL pokemon game, and that it isn't something I'm currently WORRYING about???

Aaahh...sorry if I sound snappish or anything. It's just come up so much that I wonder how many people actually read through this thread. ^^;

Anyhow, thanks to both of you for the compliments >.>

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Double posting :x

I know it's not much [been busy] but here's one new fakemon:

Mincee
MinceeNew.gif

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Double posting :x

I know it's not much [been busy] but here's one new fakemon:

Mincee
MinceeNew.gif

Oooooooo! A new one!
I like him. He is very cute.
His back leg (at the foot area) looks like it wouldn't be able to support his weight, and is very lump on the rest of the leg. Also the indentaions of his tail look strange, like he was in a major fight with a Mightyena. lol.

When I said the Levatine looks to big I meant he was out of proportion. His head doesn't look like it is the right size for his body. Nor do his wings

RauniKai

one fire at a time
@ Pika3: Thanks for the crit on Mincee. Looking back on it I get what you're saying, I'll try to fix that.

Your Leviatine crit I think is for the old one, where everything's out of whack, but I could be wrong :|

In the meantime here's a few new things:

Ryten
RytenNew.gif

Cherubi and Cherim scratch [I don't like the much >.>]
Cherim-Cherubi2.gif

C+C Please :D

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
@ Pika3: Thanks for the crit on Mincee. Looking back on it I get what you're saying, I'll try to fix that.

Your Leviatine crit I think is for the old one, where everything's out of whack, but I could be wrong :|

In the meantime here's a few new things:

Ryten
RytenNew.gif

Cherubi and Cherim scratch [I don't like the much >.>]
Cherim-Cherubi2.gif

C+C Please :D

Crazy guess here is Ryten a Mincee evo?
I think Ryten looks great. I have no crit on it.

I think your Cherubi scratch actually isn't bad. Its leaves need some work, but other than that I think it is very good.

Cherium...it isn't bad, but it looks alittle shmushed. The 'cherries' on it's head are very good. Cherium is good it just looks kinda squished.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Pika3:

crazy answer: yes Ryten is Mincee's evo

Yes I was thinking that Cherubi's leaves looked odd. I'll have to fix that sometime :/
Cherim is 'smushed' huh? I guess you're right.

Thanks for the crits and the compliments :)

Also, here's a few new ones I've made:

Seedlit [I also entered this into the latest WSC competition]
SeedlitNew.gif

Oakbrael
OakbraelNew.gif

-I'm so proud of the bush, lol-

Magroam
MagryleNew.gif

-the fire on magroam gave me some trouble >.>-

And here's a large sprite of one of the main characters
Luna
Luna.gif

C+C please! I'd like to know if these are improvements!

Last edited:

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
i think that Glosseon need to be changed abit because it doesnt really look like an eeveelution...

RauniKai

one fire at a time
i think that Glosseon need to be changed abit because it doesnt really look like an eeveelution...

To be honest this doesn't help me at all.

how much is 'a bit'? Is it just a minor edit, changing the tail? the eyes? pose?

'it doesn't look like an eeveelution'- what about it doesn't make it feel like an eeveelution?

---------------

Here's a part scratch part splice part re-color I did:

Rapidash+.gif

Rapidash with Omastar's shell spikes and ninetails' ..well...tail.
Back end of Rapidash is scratched as well as a tiny bit of the tail and a tiny bit of the legs [where the fire was]
[edited out the last tail, so there're only eight now]
All bubbles were scratched
Main body color is Metagross, spikes and bubbles are regice's colors, hooves inner ear and tail tip are swablu, eye is metagross.

And an Altaria re-type [poison]

Altaria+.gif

Altaria with Crobat's lower wings, koffings hazard symbol and drifblim's tail-looking parts
One crobat wing is slightly altered
Koffing symbol uses koffing's skin color, clouds are torkoals smoke color, main body is toxicroak's color, beak/tail tips are the color of koffing's smoke

C+C please :)

Last edited:

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
To be honest this doesn't help me at all.

how much is 'a bit'? Is it just a minor edit, changing the tail? the eyes? pose?

'it doesn't look like an eeveelution'- what about it doesn't make it feel like an eeveelution?

minor edit.
i think that the eyes should be open, the tail could work, i think it should be standing on all fours in a pose like espeon. otherwise it looks good! has potential.