• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scratch artist returning from the grave for some C+C

How is my spriting?

• Amazing

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Good

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • Okay

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Horrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RauniKai

one fire at a time
It's been a fair amount of time since my last/and only/thread I created here so many of you may not remember me or even know who I am ^^;

But I feel that I've gotten a little bit better at spriting, so I'd hoped to show my wares *NEW* added transparency

C+C is graciously awaited because how can you get better if no one tells you what you need work on, right? :D

So without further ado: [these are in no particular order with my actual version's 'dex]
[SPOILER="
Fakemon
Abdite [absol prevo]
Disaster Pokemon
Dark
AbditeNew.gif

Ashei [starter pokemon]
Ash pokemon
Fire
AsheiNew.gif

Baitrish [Hookit evo]
Master Fishing pokemon
Water/Steel?
BaitrishNew.gif

Brambelo
Bramble Pokemon
Grass
BrambeloNew.gif

Chicta
Baby Chicken Pokemon
Normal
ChictaNew.gif

Clacken
Hen Pokemon
Flying/Ground
ClackenNew.gif

Cluckdoo
Rooster Pokemon
Flying
cluckdoonewnm8.gif

Cocobomb
Coconut Pokemon
Grass/Fire
CocobombNew.gif

Dactyl [aerodactyl prevo]
Pterodactyl Pokemon
Ground
DactylNew.gif

Darstak
Poison Dart Pokemon
Poison/Steel
DarstakNew.gif

Dinoek
Brontosaurus Pokemon
Ground/Grass
dinoeknewxo4.gif

Explotree
Fire Palm Pokemon
Fire/Grass
ExplotreeNew.gif

Frozenett
Ice Ferret Pokemon
Ice/Normal
FrozenettNew.gif

Glaz
Blown Glass Pokemon
Ice
GlazNew.gif

Growthlea [starter evo]
Sappling Pokemon
Grass
GrowthleaNew.gif

Blist
Blissful Pokemon
Psychic
BlistNew.gif

Glosseon [eeveelution]
Glossy Pokemon
Aura
GlosseonNew3.gif

Hookit [Baitrish prevo]
Fishing Lure Pokemon
Water/Steel?
HookitNew.gif

Ili [starter pokemon]
Water Snake Pokemon
Water
IliNew.gif

Larmy
Larvae Pokemon
Bug
LarmyNew.gif

Clairvance [blist final evo]
Clairvoyant Pokemon
Psychic/Aura
ClairvanceNew.gif

Dransparce [dunsparce evo]
Lazy Drake Pokemon
Flying/Normal
DransparceNew.gif

Zeron [Pluse/Minun prevo]
Zero Pokemon
Electric
zeronhz9.gif

Ironeon [eeveelution]
Iron Pokemon
Steel
IroneonNew3.gif

*the red/blue parts on the normal and shiny are supposed to be rust. Since Iron does that.

Haloist [Blist evo]
Halo Seer Pokemon
Psychic/Aura
Haloist%20New.gif

Kitsu [Vulpix Prevo]
Fox Pup Pokemon
Fire
KitsuNew.gif

Leviatine
Ice Leviathan Pokemon
Dragon/Ice
LeviatineNew.gif

Liku [Lickutung prevo]
Tongue Pokemon
Normal
Liku.gif

Luro [Hookit prevo]
Lure Pokemon
Water
LuroNew.gif

Marqua
Minnow Pokemon
Water
MarquaNew.gif

Mincee
Mouse Pokemon
Normal
MinceeNew.gif

Ryten [Mincee evo]
Rat Pokemon
Normal/Dark?
RytenNew.gif

Seedlit [I also entered this into the latest WSC competition] [starter pokemon]
Sprouting Pokemon
Grass
SeedlitNew.gif

Oakbrael [growthlea evo]
Rustle Bunny Pokemon
Grass
OakbraelNew.gif

-I'm so proud of the bush, lol-

Magroam [new magryle] [ashei evo]
Warm Mist Pokemon
Fire/Water?
MagryleNew.gif

Shelbor [shuckle evo]
bore pokemon
rock/water?
ShelboreNew.gif

Primoepic
Void Pokemon
Normal
Primoepic.gif

"[/SPOILER]
I can't stress ENOUGH how much I desire Criticism or Comments.

*as a note I do realize that some of these are too big to be in a REAL pokemon game, but they're not real pokemon, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

**you don't actually have to say this-but I'd be interested in knowing which one/s you like the BEST/WORST and why.

***if the pokemon are in groups of four like Blist, left is female, right is male

~Cheers~

*CONTEST POKEMON*

Beautagon [100% scratch]
beautagonob9.gif

Anphiveon [100% scratch]

amphiveonef3.gif

*TRAINERS*

Luna
Luna.gif

*SPLICES+RECOLORS+RETYPES*

Ninerapidstar
Rapidash+.gif

Poison Altaria
Altaria+.gif

*tileset*
20-20_tiles9269633812-iaza.gif

*OTOPES*

treeotope6766348284-iaza.gif

Last edited:

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
The main problem I see is that a lot of them look like plastic because of the highlights. The ones I'm talking about are clacken, abdite, and chicta. I would recommend using only two colors per surface unless its shiny or smooth in which case you would add a highlight.

Cocobomb is facing sideways which makes the sprite look aquard and is harder to shade.

The highlights on cluckoo's wing and stomach are too intense and make the sprite not flow properly.

Also, chicta is light source confused. Its head suggests the light is coming from the right, but its body suggests the exact opposite. Also, chicta's body looks like someone pulled a rubber binder around its mid section and made it into a snowman.

On ashei, there is too much dithering. It looks like a r/s/e sprite.

All of them have some flaws (all sprites will made by anyone) but they aren't bad. Keep at it!

RauniKai

one fire at a time
XD Plastic chicken.

I wish I could tell you that those three ARE made of plastic, but I can see where you're coming from, so I'll try to tone it down on the shading.

Cocobomb...bah. It's the adorable little thorn in my side. As much as I wish I could do it from another angle, I lack the confidence to do so since it's spherical. However I'll see what I can do...eventually ^^;

Cluckdoo is a quick fix so I can probably get to that right away.

Chicta...well, I find it's body quite adorable, snowman-like quality and all, so I'll probably keep it that way, sorry if it bothers you >.>, the only reason I had the 'two' light sources was I really wasn't comfortable with making it's entire body save for the head another shade, but I'll see how it looks after-wards.

I was hoping the dithering on Ashei would make it's body look more 'rock-like' but I'll get rid of some of it.

Thank you for the crit! :D

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Made the appropriate changes to the things you listed [cocobomb currently withstanding]

Abdite
abditenewao0.png

Ashei
asheinewbx0.png

Chicta
chictanewmg1.png

Cluckdoo
cluckdoonewhb7.png

*NEW*

Cocobomb
cocobombnewyo7.png

C+C is appreciated/desired :)

I have to say Dragonzrule, I think your comments made these look better!

Last edited:

Xantanzypher

Oh wow, these all look super neat! :D

I don't think I should criticize since I'm not that great of a spriter myself, but my favorites would be the chicken evolution line (chicta, Clacken and Cluckdoo) simply because I LOVE chickens ^^

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Xantanzypher: Thank you very much :)

also, here's a few more I've done:

Dinoek
dinoeknewwl0.gif

Explotree
explotreenewxa7.gif

Frozenett
frozenettnewkb1.gif

Glaz
glaznewql8.gif

Growthlea
growthleanewyy3.gif

Please C+C!

Last edited:

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Bleh...double post...but I made more and I really want to go ahead and put them on display without waiting for another person to say something >.> Not that anyone really is...

Blist
blistnewek1.gif

Glosseon [eeveelution]
glosseonnewwg9.gif

Hookit
hookitnewjn0.gif

Ili
ilinewjz3.gif

Larmy
larmynewbf9.gif

please, Please, PLEASE Comment and Crit, otherwise I won't know how to make all of these ideas better!

Very nice additions. I love the Blist pokemon. It is so cute.

BTW your Glaz pokemon sprite is not showing up just so you know.

Xantanzypher

Zoh mah gawd, your newest ones look great!
I have to say that I really like the ring patterns on Ili
And Larmy looks adorable.

I'd really like to see some evolutions to these guys! :D

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Thanks again for the compliments Xantan ^_^

But I haven't planned an evolution for Ili ;>.>

Anyways, I haven't had a lot of time, but here's a few more I've done:

Clairvance
clairvancenewba7.gif

Dransparce
dransparcenewvt0.gif

Zeron
zeronhz9.gif

C+C Please! I honestly can't understand why I'm NOT getting any ^^;

to the 200+ people who have viewed this, would it kill you to say SOMETHING? Atleast the ones you like the most? Pleeeeaaaseee? *puppy dog eyes*

Last edited:

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I meant to comment on this thread earlier, but couldn't muster up enough comments at the time.

Half of your sprites are very good ideas that were executed well, and others just aren't that nice. Like Baitrish, sure it's pretty nice, but does it really look like a final water evo? Doesn't really fit the role you gave it. Plus the dorsal fin looks too small, and it might be nice if the hook for a nose was silver for just more hinting that it's a steel type. Needs a little more to just make it a rough and tough final water evo. IMO the water snake pokemon you have would make a better water starter, b/e that one is amazing. Ashei as a fire starter (love the name btw) it's pretty nice, but it doesn't have that cute starter pokemon look to it. It would make a great wild pokemon though.

The chicken pokemon line you made is a bit too simple, and so is the Dinoek. But from then on all of the other fakemon are excellent. Frozenett is one of the best, no doubt about it. There, some C&C.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Kirby:

About Baitrish: Hmm...Okay I get what you're saying. I'll go ahead and make the appropriate changes. I actually wanted to have maybe a water/psychic starter instead, so it would be much easier to make the evos for Ili. It was never planned to have any evos but...well...things change.

Ashei factor: Thanks for the comments, but I think I'll go ahead and keep it as one of the starters. Mainly because I don't have any pokemon that I think can take its place, but also because even though as you say it's not quite as 'cute' as other starters, that makes it unique; and I like that about it.

Chicken line: I think for now that these will stay the way they are, mostly because I can't think of any appropriate changes to them at the moment. But thank you for the crit and I will keep that in mind when I try and re-design them.

Dinoek: Yes, I see what you mean. I was actually thinking that it looks a little too boring. I can probably add some green markings to it to make it more interesting though.

Thanks very much for the compliments about Frozenett. I wasn't too sure about it, but it's nice to know that someone likes it. :)

Alright, so I'll try and fix these problems sometime in the near future, but I do have some things that may keep me from doing it instantly [namely a school art contest who's picture I have to finish.]

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Wow amazing work!
My favs are the Chicken family, Clarvance, and Abdite.
I will be checking back here often!

Kebilito

WHAAAAAAT!?
The outlines seem a bit roughly colored. Use the darkest shade on the Pokemon for where the light is strongest, black where it is darkest, and a darker shade for where the light is not overly strong. You have great ideas, though.

CandyRobot

I love a lot of them, but some are too large and most of them look 'too real'....

But else, they're awesome and I like the coloring! 8D

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Pika3: Thanks for the compliments! I haven't had time to really create new ones but I will be sure to post anything new I do.

Kebilito: Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to take that to heart and hopefully it will improve the quality of some of the fakemon's outlines.

CandyRobot: Please read my first post more carefully. I explicitly stated that I know that some of them are too big but they're not meant for a real pokemon game. They were created for my own game idea. Also, you confuse me when you say 'i loke a lot of them...but most of them are too real.' Could you specify which ones you like the most or which ones you think need improvement? This would help me more than 'most look too real'. Regardless, thanks for the compliments.

Here's a few changes I made based on Kirby's comments:

Baitrish
baitrishnewrk2.gif

*I really think the silver nose hook makes it look better. Good eye ^^

Chicta
chictanewxs8.gif

This one wasn't based so much on the comments, but I had an idea for making the male and females different, so I'd like to know how people take this :)

Dinoek
dinoeknewxo4.gif

I really do like it better with the markings.

Cluckdoo
cluckdoonewmn0.gif

I do not actually know that I like this, but Kirby, you said that the chickens were 'plain' so I would like to know if people see this as an improvement.

ATM I am working on blist's evolution [before clairvance]

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Pika3: Thanks for the compliments! I haven't had time to really create new ones but I will be sure to post anything new I do.

Here's a few changes I made based on Kirby's comments:

Baitrish
baitrishnewrk2.gif

*I really think the silver nose hook makes it look better. Good eye ^^

Chicta
chictanewxs8.gif

This one wasn't based so much on the comments, but I had an idea for making the male and females different, so I'd like to know how people take this :)

Dinoek
dinoeknewxo4.gif

I really do like it better with the markings.

Cluckdoo
cluckdoonewmn0.gif

I do not actually know that I like this, but Kirby, you said that the chickens were 'plain' so I would like to know if people see this as an improvement.

ATM I am working on blist's evolution [before clairvance]

Well whenever you do make new stuff I will be glad to see it.
Wow all of the changes you did on these are definatly improvement.
I really like them all.
Cluckdoo looks much better with those markings, but his shading is still off.
The way you shaded him, the light is coming from the Bottom-left corner. it should be coming from the Top-Left.
I do like him though, he just needs alittle work.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Thanks for the advice and compliments Pika3, I'll keep that in mind when I get back to cluckdoo.

In the meantime, here's a few more I've managed to whip up:

Ironeon
ironeonnewwp0.gif

Glosseon
glosseonnewkc7.gif

*okay, this one isn't new; but the old one was just too BIG to be an eeveelution.

Haloist
haloistnewct4.gif

Anyone else think the Blist line would make good space pokemon?

Kitsu
kitsunewvj6.gif

C+C is appreciated :)

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Thanks for the advice and compliments Pika3, I'll keep that in mind when I get back to cluckdoo.

In the meantime, here's a few more I've managed to whip up:

Ironeon
ironeonnewwp0.gif

Glosseon
glosseonnewkc7.gif

*okay, this one isn't new; but the old one was just too BIG to be an eeveelution.

Haloist
haloistnewct4.gif

Anyone else think the Blist line would make good space pokemon?

Kitsu
kitsunewvj6.gif

C+C is appreciated :)

Anytime. (Right now is a perfect example...lol)

Ironeon:
I like Ironeon, but it just doesn't look like an Eeveelution.
Eeveelutions are always pretty or cute and Ironeon...well if I saw one in real life it would scare the crap out of me.

Glosseon:
I like it, but what type is it?

Haloist:
This this is awsome!
I love this whole evolution line.
They are your best sprites.

Kitsu:
It looks neat.
It could be an eeveelution if you changed its name cause it fits the cute/pretty requirement.
What type is it though?

I like your new ones and I can't wait for more!
(Also all of their shading is very good)