• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

scratch fakemon: dex preview!

Nevermore

mostly lurking
hello there! i wonder if anyone here remembers me. i've been on a long haitus from both spriting and posting here, so it's about time for a comeback.
i'm making a dex, which i'll be posting once i have regular internet (a few months maybe) at this site: http://z14.invisionfree.com/c_spriting/
so for now i thought i'd try and drum up some interest by posting a little preview.

these are four fakes chosen out of all the ones i've done so far.
forda.png

clockwise, their names are staren, unnamed, tithan, and hellefant

and another, a revamp of a very old one of mine.
absero1.png

some recent scratch fusions too. not much to be said about them.
emailmethis1.png

if you wanna see any of the rest it'll be at c spriting, i'm afraid :3

these sprites were made by me, and are posted only here, at pe2k under the same name and on my da account under the name matatonai, please do not post them anywhere without my permission, and let me know if you see them anywhere else. please post comments and criticism, it's great to hear back what you guys think of them.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I remember you from your avatar - still in love with that fake though

Love Hellefant - concept, design and colour schemes is wonderful, but I can't help thinking the middle of the sprite looks quite flat, or bland, but the shading looks right so I don't know how to avoid that

Tithan's head is so small compared to its fat body, probably by design, but my head just can't get over it. The part where its chest meets it's right front leg looks crooked though.

Nevermore

mostly lurking
oh man, i didn't expect anyone to recognise me! i guess having a special av is great advertising, i wish i could change it though, but it'd have to not be something special. oh well, it's a bit of history.
you're right about hellefant, he's the least... technically accomplished of the four, i got a bit of tweaking to do on him.
tithan's head/body are supposed to be like that though, he's based mostly on one of these chappies:
http://dinosaurs.about.com/od/dinosaurpictures/ig/Whale-Pictures/Basilosaurus.htm
i'll try and get to somewhere with wifi later today and get some nice new fusions off of my laptop. just like old times! except now i'm old! yay...

EDIT:
as promised! they're in the first post too.
emailmethis1.png

Last edited:

Nevermore

mostly lurking
wow, i have never made a thread with so many replies!
ah well, i'll get your attention sooner or later.
crit welcome, post away!
new sprite!
absero1.png

some of you might recognise this lovely chap as a revamp of an old favourite of mine! comes with a name at last, absero.
for curiosity's sake here's a link to the old version (plus prevo)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v637/kirbymew/?action=view&current=ftw-2-2.png
first post will be updated as usual.

bones090

< brav man i is sick
I knew I recognised that sprite. The ice armor really works with the body and had good shading. The tail however looks too flat because of some of the shading. Also, the back leg looks disconnected and shrunk, it needs some work to fit the body.

Last edited:

Nevermore

mostly lurking
well, that was quick! completely right on everything. i should give the legs and tail the same overhaul that the rest of it got (though they did get redone completely in shading and outline and stuff.) maybe i could make the tail more twisted, having the black banded bit be at the bottom of it? and the legs are a little small, i'll see what i can do (though don't hold your breath, it's quite a marathon for me to upload stuff, i have to walk to the nearest public internet)
thanks for the comments, i love that people might actually recognise my old fakes, heh.