• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

scyther_girl's (not) fakemon

scyther_girl

I'm working on game for training monsters, similar to the pokemon concept.
this place has a lot of fake pokemon/other monsters topics, so It's the perfect place to get feedback.
I'm almost ashamed to show mine, after seeing some of the fakemon here.. oh well.

Here's what I got so far-

1.Likity, thunder type. I think I'll make it the game's mascot.
Likity_by_Yasmin.jpg

2.Soalphin, water/Air. special monster, obtained by combining 2 other monsters.
Soalphin.png

3.Snorus, Ice.
Snorus.png

4.Sleepop, grass
sleepop3.png

5.Teh-oh-so-cute Chompil. (I love this guy)
chompil.png

6.Abystar. or maybe startiny. gosh, I'm bad with names. water/light
Abystarsmaller.png

7.Agrunt. the agressive ant grunt. fear it. dark/fighter type.
Agruntsmaller.png

7.Andier. dark/fighter type.
Agruntevosmaller.png

8.thonebiii. one of Chompil's evos. (my monsters will have 3-4 possible evos each)
thoneby3copy2.png

9.voltine, one of Likity's evos. thunder.
voltine2smaller.png

10.panton. legendary dark type.
pantonsmaller.png

11.phyrolf. fire
phyrolfsmaller.png

12.Ferace. one of Likity's evos. fire/thunder
Ferace2smaller.png

13.serenit. sonic type. has no eyes or ears. it finds its way by sensing the vibrations of water or air.
serenit3smaller.png

14. in game sprites:
spritescopy.png

^ sipup, Likity, Musprin, Doliny, Furifur.

Edit:
15. Furn (the new furifur+a new name)
furnsmall.png

post your thoughts on them, please!

NEW
---------------------------------------------
Torphin5.png
Gentail.png
groundlizard6.png

Last edited:

Neko

Personally, I'd try to deviate a bit more from the Pokémon concept, or else people might think its just an imitation and ignore it. As far as I can tell, you pretty much stick to the original Pokémon theme, right down to the Electric type mascot. XD

I just think you might get into trouble...

mangaeyes

I tried an idea like this and your welcome to use it. It was were each person had only 1 monster and they could talk and they would battle them in duels like a contest. Of corse you didn't have to but it was what was usually done. They could each transform into a stronger version but only 2 versions not like digivolution or evolution.

Its a lot like pokemon or digimon but I was only about 9 lol. Your pictures are good and my favourite is Thoneby. Your monsters look a lot like already existing pokemon. For example Snorus looks like Walrein and Seepop looks like lileep. Just keep practicing the drawing your really good at it!

I'll also agree with Neko, your idea is A LOT like Pokemon but then again it is really hard to find an idea thats completely original...I think its actually impossible. Anyway if you make it different enough it could work and I doubt that you will get sued for it as its on a little fan website and its only for fun, right?

scyther_girl

Personally, I'd try to deviate a bit more from the Pokémon concept, or else people might think its just an imitation and ignore it. As far as I can tell, you pretty much stick to the original Pokémon theme, right down to the Electric type mascot. XD

if by 'pokemon theme' you mean: training cute pet monsters, and evolving them. then you're right. but then, Digimon is also 'pokemon theme'.
my monsters can talk, they evolve by absorbing their enemy's energy, and have 3-4 evolutions which depends on the type of energy they collected. they're mutants created when an astroid hit earth. they have a social system, beliefs, and can say more than 'pika pika'. so don't worry, they're NOT pokemon.
you're right about the mascot,I never thought of that. it's a shame.. Likity is my fav monster so far. you see, it's the 1st one I created.

mangaeyes, thanks. I'm suprised you like thoneby most.. I expected people to fav the dolphin or the fox, but hey everyone has his own taste!
however.. I have to disagree about:
Your monsters look a lot like already existing pokemon.
I've posted my monsters in many forums and it's a common statement.
our mind is an awesome machine. when you say 'Walrein', you assosiate it with walrus. my "Snorus" looks like walrus, so you say: Snorus looks like walrus. please, take a closer look:
walrein-1-.jpg
vs
Snorus.png

345.png
vs
sleepop3.png

they share the basic body shape, nothing more.

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
Likity seems like Skitty without any charisma to me. The globular body, tentacle-like ears, and thick tail don't strike me as being cute... I'd suggest changing the ears and slimming its body a little.

Also, Phyrolf and Furifur (I'm assuming they're related) don't seem to be very fiery at all. They're just a fox/shaggy wolf - spice it up a little! :)

Oddly enough, I like the Snorus the best, I'd like to see it colored.

scyther_girl

thanks or the fedback, guy. ^^
Likity seems like Skitty without any charisma to me.
likity is the only one I see as 'finished' so I won't be touching it.
Phyrolf and Furifur (I'm assuming they're related) don't seem to be very fiery at all. They're just a fox/shaggy wolf - spice it up a little!
I will try. I have a problem with fire types.. how can I make a monster look like 'fire' ? from what I see, people will simply make it red ,or make fire tail/ fire mane.
I dislike the last method, cause I imagine that monster to live in a forest/field.. but it'll burn them into a waste land in no time. I think it isn't realistic to have such monster.
It seems like Phyrolf is missing two of its legs.
lol. how could I miss that? oh well, I need to re design it.

Ket Shi

Come on and SLAM!
Yeah, that's more fiery. Fire-based creatures usually come in two flavors:
- Flames actually spouting out of the body
- Body vaguely flame-like, with jagged fire-like patterns or features, colored with bright oranges, reds, and yellows

Before, Furifur (I believe that's him) just looked like a red fox. Now he looks more like a Fire-based creature.

Last edited:

khots

焉知非福
can i be harsh? here i go.
apart form chompil, these fakemons are really forgettable.
i can get 2 flaws that makes them that way.
1) all of the fakemons looks like actual animals. i'm not saying that they shouldn't. but there is nothing extra to catch the eye, or attention.
2) try to add pupils to some of them. or, make the eyes darker so that they have a 'soul'. it does makes a difference. trust me.
---
anyways. keep exploring on more possibilities. there are not a lot of fakemons here, but too many of them are felines. it's obvious that you like cats. but do make a diferences in them so that the whole lot looks interesting.

scyther_girl

thank you. I'll work on the eyes.
about felines.. well, every monster has 3-4 possible evolutions (like eevee). those are likity, 2 possible evolutions, and a legendary that happens to be a panter. I don't feel it's too much. but then again, I do love felines. ^^

khots

焉知非福
XD. quite obviously you do.
we'll see them when they're evolved. XD. that's what i always said when i was pushing for my basic 50.
anyways. make sure you put variety on them. in pokemon, we can see quite different felines, 'eeveeons', big lengendary cats, standing meowth types, cute skitty etc. so what i mean was they don't have to all stand on 4feet, and share the same body construction.

Pokéfreak 3000

pokemon collector
These are pretty well drawn, but I agree with others here that they resemble Pokemon a little too much.

This is a common misconception. Digimon came before Pokemon. Just so you know.

From what I've read, Digimon was made in 1997 and Pokémon in 1995. If this is right, Pokémon came before Digimon. My source is Wikipedia if you want to know where I got this from.

scyther_girl

um, guys.. I said
"if by 'pokemon theme' you mean: training cute pet monsters.. Digimon is also 'pokemon theme'."

anyway, digimon & pokemon are very diferent, I don't think one copied the other.

Hotshot

From what I've read, Digimon was made in 1997 and Pokémon in 1995. If this is right, Pokémon came before Digimon. My source is Wikipedia if you want to know where I got this from.

Wikipedia. Anyone can edit that information. Plus, Digimon was made way before that as a Tamagotchi. Check your facts.

Pokéfreak 3000

pokemon collector
Wikipedia. Anyone can edit that information. Plus, Digimon was made way before that as a Tamagotchi. Check your facts.

It said that Digimon was made in 1997 as a Tamagotchi. But whatever, you can't trust Wikipedia very much because of the reason you said. So I think I have to believe you