• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Search for Avatars

Bulk

Just a small question which would really help me, and I'm pretty sure everyone who isn't modded.

Is it possibly to implement a search option in the avatar selection section of the User CP? It's just I'm VERY bored of searching through the thousands of Pikachus just trying to find a decent Snorlax. (I'm using this as an example and I'm sure it happens for other people)

If a Search box could be included, all I'd have to do is type in "Snorlax" in the box and it'd come up with any avatar with the name "snorlax" in the title. Simply but would make my life, and I'm sure everyone else’s lives, much easier when looking for a new avatar.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
If someone gave me access to a hack in order to do it I'ld be willing to implement it

Bulk

Well, I know zilch about hacking and such so I can't help at ths point but I'm sure there's got to be someone on these forums who ahs some idea. If they could help, I'd REALLY appreiciate it.

Bulk said:
Simply but would make my life, and I'm sure everyone else’s lives, much easier when looking for a new avatar.
Just like to say my life doesn't revolve around SPPF to getting a search feature wouldn't make my life anymore complete than it currently is o_0

Though a search feature is nice, I can never find any Torkoal avatars these days :/

AJ Flibble

Emohawk
Agreed. I find one Machamp picture I like in there - of about two. There's too many Pikachu, starter, and legendary pictures and I'm not sifting through the anime section for a decent shot of something like Machamp/w/e in action. It takes too long.

Bulk

Torkoal Stu said:
Just like to say my life doesn't revolve around SPPF to getting a search feature wouldn't make my life anymore complete than it currently is o_0
Although I did state that it would make your life easier WHEN searching for a new avatar, and, as you said, it would.

Levski

Josh trainer
Unless all avatars from a certain section were put on one page, which would make it possible to search with Ctrl + F. The two problems with this would be
1. Would cause lag problems
2. The names of some avatars aren't their content (ex. a strange ava of [anime character] called 'Huh?')

Thriller

Its almost time
Serebii said:
If someone gave me access to a hack in order to do it I'ld be willing to implement it

Right. And you said you wouldn't put in a hack of something truly useful. Like "Users being able to change names themselves" or "Search threads by member name"

Serebii said:
Users Changing Names themselves would open a whole slew of problems...and you can already search threads by username
You are aware you can set a limit on how often a user changes their name, right? So for example it's two months now, you could just use that limit along with the hack. If it comes down to confusion, then you could simply have a thread for users to post within, or else be faced with a ban for x amount of time when/if found out. I'm pretty sure the majority of members would be more than willing to help as far as that is concerned, but hey, your forum.

As for the avatar search, sounds like a nice idea, doesn't affect me much, but eh, like he said, find the hack and it's in :p

-Josh

Torchic23

gee that's swell
Josh said:
You are aware you can set a limit on how often a user changes their name, right? So for example it's two months now, you could just use that limit along with the hack. If it comes down to confusion, then you could simply have a thread for users to post within, or else be faced with a ban for x amount of time when/if found out. I'm pretty sure the majority of members would be more than willing to help as far as that is concerned, but hey, your forum.

-Josh

That would be really difficult to keep up with, that's why we have a thread to change it. It be pointless to make that option because all you have to do is post at that thread and wait two months, pretty much the same thing.

Meh, the idea is ok, but really, why do avatars matter that much to everyone?

Manene!

Torchic23 said:
That would be really difficult to keep up with, that's why we have a thread to change it. It be pointless to make that option because all you have to do is post at that thread and wait two months, pretty much the same thing.
Yes, but, it takes forever to get your named changed. I requested days ago for a name change and still no change. Some people that requested before me still have not got it changed yet. I think that would be more useful than an Avatar Search. Yes, it takes awhile to find the right avatar but I think with better organization it's be alot easier.

Bulk

Can we please try and stay on topic. There is a thread about the users changing their own names so can we please keep it there.

And if anyone knows anyone who is able to supply a hack for this search option, could they please be contacted, as it'd be nice to have this feature as soon as possible.