• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Searching for a Wish! (793)

6 hours since the episode aired.......more posts about the preview in the beehyem episode.......yes, speaks volumes to me.

To all those who wanted a movie 6 reference. The WHOLE episode was a movie 6 reference. Seriously this episode is basically Movie 6 in a nutshell.

The episode was good on its own right, if one were to view it as a standalone. But the fact that they included Chisaki Mono.....tells that this was an attempt to reminisce us of the movie. There's no point to this episode because using an entire episode just to reference a movie is kinda weird. The battle animations were rushhhed. Why incorporate a rushed battle when they could have simply blasted off TR without a battle? Heck, what was the point in TR appearing at all? They weren't even used as Plot-crutches they just came and went. They didn't affect anything.

The last bit about Jirachi saying 'Arigatou', it wasn't to the girl even if it actually was. It was obviously meant to remind us movie 6 because the girl didn't do much to Jirachi other than jump onto the Rocket balloon.

I am positive after watching this episode that we are watching half-assed attempts to appease the fanbase. Atleast they are trying something unique in episode 11. So better luck next week.

This is coming for someone who constantly searches for positives and posts positive reviews every episode.

EDIT: Throughout the whole episode I was screaming send Lizardon and Kairyu out!!!

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
The last bit about Jirachi saying 'Arigatou', it wasn't to the girl even if it actually was. It was obviously meant to remind us movie 6 because the girl didn't do much to Jirachi other than jump onto the Rocket balloon.

BUT IT SAID THAnK YOU FOR BEiNG THERE BECAUSE HE'S GOING ASLEeP FOR 1,000 YEARS. ThIS IS DEEP STUFF. ALL ThOsE PEOPLE AND POKEMON WILL BE DEAD NeXT TIME HE WAKES UP.

;-;

BlueDragonfangirl

Hey, even though this episode lacked good animation and wasn't all that fun I'm just glad that Ash knew what it was, Dento and Iris must seem so small compared to finding out the stuff Ash has been onXD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow, this episode sure felt pointless. I thought maybe the previews were misleading, but it really was a boring episode imo. The animation was lacking and the plot was paper-thin; like I pointed out in the other thread, wouldn't it have made more sense to showcase Shaymin instead of Jirachi since the former has the ability to purify any polluted area and transform it into a lush field of flowers? I mean that's what the character of the day wanted right? To transform that wasteland and make it abundant with plant life? Anyway, we got the standard "Pokemon eating fruit" scene like we do in every other episode, and the usual Team Rocket scheme to snatch a rare Pokemon. I wasn't a fan of either of those things and in the end it just seemed like a waste of time and potential. I mean the writers are showcasing a Legendary Pokemon here, but it felt like any other ordinary episode in my opinion. The music was probably the best part of the episode.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
OMG
OMG
OMG

Unexpected "Make a Wish" appearance. I love it so much. This thing completely shocked me.
Beautiful ending :')
The song's name is A Small Thing (Chiisaki Mono in Japanese) not Make a Wish, that's only the title for the English equivalent of the former song.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Da! is on a roll, I didn't think I would like any of this episode at all, I legit didn't think I would. I thought Jirachi's debut would completely be a typical TR thief plot line in disguise judging from the summaries. I was surprised, this episode wasn't groundbreaking and it had a pretty basic idea but it was a good episode. I enjoyed the animation of Jirachi's Swift and Healing Wish, if it could have busted out of TR's little glass cage with Psychic I'm not sure why it didn't do that from the start. What really made the episode was hearing Chiisaki Mono at the end. I was expecting at least one piece of music from the Jirachi movie but I didn't foresee it being vocal. Getting it vocally was a whammy right in the emotions. The farewell scene and the music mingled together so well that it definitely brought a satisfying close to the episode and Jirachi going back to its 1,000 year sleep. The ending scene and music saved this episode well. I remember the instrumental vividly playing while Pikachu took on Oba's Goukazaru. Seriously, that ending scene made this episode worth watching in a way.

If the writers are going to force TR into every episode, I wish these Rocket battles at least had more essence and competence than a small struggle and Pikachu/Kibago Dragon Rage-Thunderbolting/Electro Balling them away every episode in a speedy blast off. I also wish they would change TR's motto animation a few times for Da! already, we've had the rose animation for ages know. They have quite a few they can cycle through.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
There's no point to this episode

It was advertising the Jirachi wi-fi event.

As for the actual content...
<&Adamant> it was... um. Bad.
<&Adamant> one of the worst episodes yet. In the series as a whole.
<&Adamant> can't really explain beyond the fact that it was just... boring.
<&Adamant> completely by the numbers, with nothing going for it
<&Adamant> it's clearly an episode written because Gamefreak wanted a Jirachi episode to promote the Jirachi event, so I doubt there was all that much heart put into the writing either

Yeah... really didn't like this one.

Zya

ロバート
I was going to give this 4/10 but the ending was beautiful especially with the movie 6 theme. 7/10

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I keep watching, and no where do I see Ash mention Jirachi before actually scanning it on the Pokedex like people said?

He looks at it and says "Are wa..." in a very "Hey, I know what that is!" tone right before scanning it. He recognized it.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
So we went from completely ripping off OS episodes two weeks ago to completely ripping off movies now. This was literally Movie 6 gutted of anything interesting and turned into yet another generic DP filler - complete with the ending plagiarized right off of the movie!

I hope this comment isn't 'backhanded' enough to get me in trouble again...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Pretty much I've gotta say it's relatively similar to the movie (even going so far as to use music from the movie), except for a few things, like JJM being more involved and such. Not a bad episode, but like the movie, kind of depressing in a way.

On a side note, I thought there was only one Jirachi though...

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I cried sooo much!!! what an ending!! and that song!!! ehhhhhhhhhrghhh

i think i'm in love with this saga, and beautiful episodes like this reminds me off it

D:

Cutestttt ending ever!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So we went from completely ripping off OS episodes two weeks ago to completely ripping off movies now. This was literally Movie 6 gutted of anything interesting and turned into yet another generic DP filler - complete with the ending plagiarized right off of the movie!

I hope this comment isn't 'backhanded' enough to get me in trouble again...

*Reports post* Just kidding. :p I actually agree wholeheartedly. I mean this episode should have stood out from the other DA fillers, but it didn't imo. The music was nice and the ending was cute, but in reality I wasn't entertained. This episode just felt like something from DP; the plot was just too generic like you said. I mean you know something is wrong with the anime when an episode that features a Legendary Pokemon feels skippable. I think Jirachi deserved better.

Haunter ゴースト

Hmm.

Regardless of the apparent notification of Jirachi by Ash (which didn't seem too concrete for me), the episode was fairly boring. However I did like Jirachi's appearance, it was made similar to Movie 6, and for that it seemed pretty epic. The ending was also quite touching.

Overall it was boring, but it had it's good parts.

6/10.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
To simplify things, since the girl wants to have fertile land, Jirachi grants it.

But Jirachi is a Steel element in Chinese Mythology. Shouldn't it be from Landorus?

I guess its a mimimal attempt as to, per say, try to make Jirachi look like the most naive of all the Legendaries ever made. He's a GOD to those people. Reminds me of that one fanfic where Jirachi is quite like the Jesus of Pokemon from seeing the carved statue. Weird humor that some fanfics dub the terms "Jirachi Christ ---" kin of quote.

As for the anime though, are the animators of this series the same one all the way from the start?

dman_dustin

To simplify things, since the girl wants to have fertile land, Jirachi grants it.

But Jirachi is a Steel element in Chinese Mythology. Shouldn't it be from Landorus?

I guess its a mimimal attempt as to, per say, try to make Jirachi look like the most naive of all the Legendaries ever made. He's a GOD to those people. Reminds me of that one fanfic where Jirachi is quite like the Jesus of Pokemon from seeing the carved statue. Weird humor that some fanfics dub the terms "Jirachi Christ ---" kin of quote.

As for the anime though, are the animators of this series the same one all the way from the start?

Except you are ignoring an important aspect of Jirachi. It can grant wishes. It can't grant certain wishes properly (as seen in the 6th movie), but I'm pretty sure making a land fertile is within reason, since that's not creating something out of nowhere, and is merely manipulating the soil.