• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Searching for a Wish! (793)

NPT

Just a member
Hey! TPCI finally put the right opening in this episode! Thank goodness TPCI fixed the error, people were thinking that they're going to air the banned TR vs TP episodes, because of the N opening.

Anyway, this was a beautiful episode, Seeing the Hoenn legendary Pokémon Jirachi in the anime was cool! Jirachi took a long time to make an anime appearance, but It's nice to see the legendary wishmaker Pokémon finally making an anime appearance. I noticed that Ash actually recognized Jirachi, I guess it pretty much proves that the sixth Pokémon movie: Jirachi Wishmaker is cannon.

Gemma was a really cute and nice girl, I liked her design and personality in this episode. Whoever voiced her in the english dub, did a darn good job. Her voice actually sounded like a kid, instead of a teenager. It sure helped making this episode emotional. I liked how determined Jemma was to meet Jirachi and make her wish to it, I'm glad her wish to make the land fertile came true at the end.

Hmm, looks like thay TPCI finally fixed James' Motto, I was surprised when James said "To Unite All People Within' Our Nation" instead of "To Unite The People Within' Our Nation". I hope TRio will keep their motto like this for the rest of the DA episodes, it sounds so much better. The last scene with Ash, Gemma, Cilan, Iris and Jirachi was nice, but not as nice as the Japanese version of this episode. But still, this episode is one of the best Decolore Adventures episodes in my opinion.

The dub episode was much better than the last dub episode in terms of Voice acting and scripting, but it was a terrible in terms of music. They kept only two pieces of the Japanese BGM (BW Title Card theme 2 and Team Rocket's Sinnoh Motto music)and replaced the rest with generic dub music. I am not pleased with TPCI replacin the instrumental of "A Small Thing" with the intrumental of "It's All Inside Of You". "It's All Inside Of You" is a good song, but it didn't fit with the scene in the end. Geez, I miss the days when TPCI used to keep all original Japanese music in the early episodes of Black and White, nowdays they keeps very, Very few Japanese music in the english dub episodes. I hope they'll keep more original music in the upcoming dub episodes.(which most likely won't happen)

Last edited:
I noticed it's "to unite all people within our nation!" again instead of "all people".
Just going to go out on a limb here and say before it was a dubbing error. Not entirely sure.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I know there were people who complained about this episode, but I enjoyed it. The sixth movie is one of my favorite ones, and I was glad to have an episode with Jirachi in it. I really felt for Gemma wanting to bring life back to the mountain and for wanting her father back after two years.

8/10

JudySpell

Banned
So Jirachi finally got an episode but of course it had to be a plain Decolore Island filler where nothing of importance happened. Such a shame. 4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well it was refreshing to see a desert setting again and I was glad that Jirachi was involved here cuz we had only seen one before. Jirachi granting the wish and restoring the dried out lake was a pleasant ending.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was great seeing another Jirachi for the first time since the sixth movie, and even though I'm glad that Satoshi remembered meeting a Jirachi before, I think we should've gotten a Masato flashback, too. The fact that some of the sixth movie's soundtrack was played here was a nice nostalgic touch, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I wasn't a fan of TR's plan of of Jirachi and in the end it just seemed like a waste of time and potential. I mean the writers are showcasing a Legendary Pokemon here, but it felt like any other ordinary episode in my opinion.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked each and every part of this episode. I felt quite sad when Jirachi had to transform back into the 'egg' and sink in the lake.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I felt quite sad when Jirachi had to transform back into the 'egg' and sink in the lake.

While Jirachi's farewell scene was sad, I was kind of pleased that the writers were at least being consistent with the fact that Jirachi as a species are only awake for seven days every thousand years, as the sixth movie revealed.

Daizy

I call you honey
Ok so I admit it was cool to see a Jirachi again and what I liked was how we got to see his Jirachi battle for a bit at the end since it spent most of the sixth movie playing around before it got captured by Butler.

I thought that Pikachu's personality around Jirachi was weird lol. Making faces was probably to help Jirachi be less nervous, but it just came off as kind of weird that Pikachu and Axew would do that as their 1st reaction to a shy Pokemon. Jemma wasn't much of an interesting character of the day, but it was kind of refreshing that they focused a bit on the family life.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I thought that Pikachu's personality around Jirachi was weird lol. Making faces was probably to help Jirachi be less nervous, but it just came off as kind of weird that Pikachu and Axew would do that as their 1st reaction to a shy Pokemon.

Pikachu was simply getting Jirachi to loosen up a bit, and Kibago was following his lead as usual.