1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Seasons

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

Seasons were a new game mechanic exclusive to Generation 5. Seasons would change once a month and depending on the season Pokemon like Deerling and Sawsbuck would gain different forms, some Pokemon would be more common or rare, entire areas may be different and the tide in the Castelia Sewers would change.

What was your opinion on the Seasons mechanic? Would you like to see it make a comeback? What was your favorite Season?

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I liked the introduction of seasons in Black and White, although I'm still a bit peeved that they don't work the same way as seasons in real life. Spring is my favorite season in the games since everything looks bright and cheerful, but winter is nice as well especially since certain places like Sekka (Icirrus) City get covered by snow for a month, and diamond dust is occasionally encountered there.

3. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Didn't like the Deerling forme change since I never used one or its evolved form. I loved summer in these games because the landscape became all dark green and some of the music changed for the better.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I never used a Shikijika (Deerling) or its evolved form either, but I always thought that the season gimmick giving them a form change was clever. I like summer as well to some extent, mostly because Sazanami (Undella) Town becomes lively.

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  5. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I loved seasons! It made the locations in Unova feel so much more alive. My favorite was autumn because I loved all the color and falling leaves. It’s a shame it fell to the wayside in later games, it really should have become a staple like time.

SubtleVVeirdoh likes this.
  6. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

I would definitely be happy if Seasons came back. I liked the changes to the landscape; how a route was inaccessible because of the time of year.

I didn’t mind the Deerling/Sawsbuck form change, I used the one Cherren gifts you in the sequels. Does suck how you’re stuck with whatever form you transferred over from Gen 5 to 6/7.