• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
Seasons were a new game mechanic exclusive to Generation 5. Seasons would change once a month and depending on the season Pokemon like Deerling and Sawsbuck would gain different forms, some Pokemon would be more common or rare, entire areas may be different and the tide in the Castelia Sewers would change.

What was your opinion on the Seasons mechanic? Would you like to see it make a comeback? What was your favorite Season?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the introduction of seasons in Black and White, although I'm still a bit peeved that they don't work the same way as seasons in real life. Spring is my favorite season in the games since everything looks bright and cheerful, but winter is nice as well especially since certain places like Sekka (Icirrus) City get covered by snow for a month, and diamond dust is occasionally encountered there.

MockingJ

Banned
Didn't like the Deerling forme change since I never used one or its evolved form. I loved summer in these games because the landscape became all dark green and some of the music changed for the better.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Didn't like the Deerling forme change since I never used one or its evolved form. I loved summer in these games because the landscape became all dark green and some of the music changed for the better.

I never used a Shikijika (Deerling) or its evolved form either, but I always thought that the season gimmick giving them a form change was clever. I like summer as well to some extent, mostly because Sazanami (Undella) Town becomes lively.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
I would definitely be happy if Seasons came back. I liked the changes to the landscape; how a route was inaccessible because of the time of year.

I didn’t mind the Deerling/Sawsbuck form change, I used the one Cherren gifts you in the sequels. Does suck how you’re stuck with whatever form you transferred over from Gen 5 to 6/7.

I am kinda annoyed of the fact that there was stuff only accessible during the winter (and some pokemon) making it the only reason why I like Winter in the games because you get to access more stuff.
Edit: I also like Winter because I like Winter Sawsbuck's design out of all of them. Also, something they should've done with Sawsbuck (and Deerling) is change their type(s) depending on the season. Example:
Winter Sawsbuck: Ice/Grass
Spring Sawsbuck: Normal/Grass (the usual)
Summer Sawsbuck: Fire/Grass
Autumn Sawsbuck: Ghost/Grass or Ground/Grass

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

It was nice to see seasons in the games for the first time but also kind of a bummer because they changed every single month instead of every 3 months like in real life. Also some places changed during winter which made accessing some areas impossible. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
It was nice to see seasons in the games for the first time but also kind of a bummer because they changed every single month instead of every 3 months like in real life. Also some places changed during winter which made accessing some areas impossible. :[

I think it was a good thing that the seasons in these games didn't last three months each, otherwise it would've made getting certain Pokemon that only appear during winter very time consuming. I don't think I would've had the patience for in-game seasons that worked like real life seasons.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
The landscape changes were nice to look at, but they didn't impact my experience of the game much. It's sort of just... there.

Sakuyamon

I didn't like it. Seasons changed some parts of the map and made some Pokemon easier to find, but it didn't affect much else.

What GF should've done was make seasons feel like a bigger impact on the story of the games.

Venomshock

Fall looks good in these games and so does winter. The only season that I don't like is spring because it looks almost the same as summer so it doesn't stand out much.

WalesNote

Seasons were lovely. Still waiting on a new gen to have season gods as legendaries. But Sawsbuck will always be my season god.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Winter is the prettiest season because of the snow but I don't like that some places in Unova get completely covered in snow because it blocks certain entry ways like at Twist Mountain.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I liked them mainly for the aesthetically pleasing visuals. Not so much of a fan of certain areas, items, and Pokémon being reliant on certain seasons but it wasn’t intrusive.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Sawsbuck helped me during my B2W2 playthrough so i have grown to like it more then other Gen 5 Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.