• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Shinys.

Chaos Wolf

The classic
An idea I had a couple days ago was a second set of shiny pokemon, the colors once again changing in unpredictable ways. Of course, the rarity of the desired shiny increases with that concept, so what if nintendo created a second set of Shinies, while lowering to odds of finding a shiny to about 6000 instead of 8000

For examples of other colors. Butterfree's Second Shiny would be Pink, finally solving the riddle of why it was that color in the show. A Venusaur with a Blue flower could look good, as Ivy showed us in Brawl. And perhaps as an In-joke, Pikachus Second shiny would be blue.

So, Thoughts? Opinions? Vast Loathings of the very concept?

SonicBoom117

*Insert vast loathing*

I dunno its sounds kinda weird..Also Lowering the odds would make it less cool to find a random shiny ^.^ (Would they shine the same as the original sets...like the stars when you release them into a battle?)

But yeah i don't see the point in adding another set...

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Nah..we don't need other 'shinies" even though if they are slightly more common..as for stuff like Pink Butterfree and Purple Keckleon..that's another thing.

ursaloom

gondor vs mordor
you can give it to some pokemon, that would be fitting. like, butterfree and keckleon only.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't really see the point in it, since the regular shinies are hard enough to get as is.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Well... I kinda like it, but minor changes, like the gender would be good for some, and I'd like some albinos for things like rattata... our world has such varitey, it would be fun to see in the poke-world... and it's not like the anime would need to change if the games did.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
well some shinies are deperatly in need for a new color if you ask me,
is anybody here femiliar with the shiny wobbufett?
he looks kinda transsexual with that ugly pink color, i even know somebody who thought to be funny and added some female clothing and a pink handbag to a shiny male wobbufett sprite.

i say that one could use a better color, maybe light orange would fit?

I agree with VampirateMace that albino variations of pokemon would be cool and more biologically accurate as well. And maybe a few more Pokemon with randomly shaped markings like Spinda, it'd add more individuality to each pokemon.

halloweenghost

I think it would be cool..more of a veriety and more to look after to get lol

but I think the male and female versions need more.. only a few got differences in the sprites... I think each one needs a male female sprite.

Last edited:

InfestedProtoss

Perhaps something different than what determines Shinies could determine these 'Second' Shinies. And heres a list of possible Alt. Colors

'Purple' Kecleon
'Pink' Butterfree
'Blue' Pikachu
'Crystal' Onix
'Black' Kingdra(cause that way cooler)
'Dark Blue' Charmander+Charmeleon
'White' Charizard
'Black' Ditto
'Blue Bulb' Bulbasauur-Venusaur
'Black' Staryu
I'll add more as I think of them

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I don't like lowering the odds of shinies, especially since chaining has already made shiny-obtaining so much easier. I do like adding more colors for shinies though, with all of them having the same rarity. Maybe for a 5th gen game.

Volteon

Back I guess??
Albino is the best and only idea that makes sense to me here.

We definately don't need a second form of something that already exists.

But making Albino Pokémon the way shinies were in 2nd generation (based on IVs) must be good.

IVs are inherited through breeding, same for Albino genes.

But still, it won't be greatly useful..

A thing from a dumpy game called spectrobes, color was influenced by voice level... It'd be cool if you you found colorless wild pokemon instead of shinies, and your voice would effect the color.

Absoltastic

Pokemon Video Maker
Rather than extra shinies, there could be extra pigments or things in nature that give different pigments to Kecleon and Butterfree. Anyone remember Pinken(sp) Island from the anime? To be completely on topic, I don't think it would be a good idea for more shiny forms because it would increase GTS traffic with even more with cloning, and it would be harder to get the shiny form you like WITH decent IVs (which is still painstakingly hard.)

In your defense, however, there would be more awesome colors and sparklies in the world of Pokemon.