1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Battle Frontier' started by Serebii, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Second Time's A Charm!

After his loss in the Battle Tower, Ash decides to start training his Pokémon so he can devise the perfect strategy to defeat Anabel's Psychic Pokémon. However by using the same Pokémon as before, ash faces a tough battle against the Psychic Pokémon and their strong attacks. Will Ash manage to claim victory?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Lupin

Lupin Legendary Pokémon Coordinator

I'm going to assume that he won, so how good was his win?

Please tell me Tauros got at least one victory?

3. Any word on how Tauros did Joe? I'm really hoping that he beat his opponent this around...Tauros is one of my favorite Pokemon and I would hate to see him go down without a fight.

Also, I heard they revealed the battle Pyramid is by Pewter, is this true?

4. Lost Angel_Setsuna

Lost Angel_Setsuna Well-Known Member

Yes, it's near Pewter...maybe we could see Ludicolo and Brock's other pokemon again...in a no-special episode...

5. That would be cool if Brock met up with Ludicolo again. It was one of my favorites of his team...

But anyways, back to the discussion of the episode...Anybody seen it?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  6. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Please take speculation elsewhere, this thread is just for discussion of this episode after you have seen it, read the guide or viewed the picture.

7. ghost master

ghost master the kawaiist thing

According to Argy at BMGF it goes.
    Corphish vs. Alakazam
    Corphish vs. Metagross
    Tauros vs. Metagross
    Pikachu vs. Espeon
    Ash wins. Tauros and metagross both got ko'd at the same time.

8. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

Good, at least tauros was able to get a little bit of retribution for its loss in the previous episode.

9. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Let me guess, hyper beam and fissure right.

10. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

Yes! Tauros, a painfully neglected Pokemon who just got beaten in the last episode recieved training in this episode only scraped a draw! Thank God we have such a over showcased and spotlight hogging Pokemon like Pikachu around to save the day! : D

11. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

DOn't forget, it was a Metagross, which took Grovyle and Pikachu to beat one, so Tauros tieing with one is great.

12. That's true...I was about to freak out until after you said that. Thank you for stopping my ramapge.

13. Eddieursa

Eddieursa Marsh Trainer

No signal of Corphish's evolution, right?. Blast!!!.

14. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

Truthfully I think the writers are purposely doing this about Corphish.

There has yet to be a single episode where Corphish goes to Neverland like Bulbasaur in the mysterious garden episode.

Yet Corphish still won't stinking grow up. I'm sure it would be way past its evolution level if levels exist in the anime but something is just stopping it from simply gaining a few pounds and a star on its head (A Crawdaunt really is just a fatter Corphish with a star on its head.)

At this point, however, I'm thinking about giving up wanting Corphish to evolve because it has been with the show for so long, continues to miss the opportunities and, somehow, manages to kick a** (fat a**'s for that matter :p). While there isn't an episode where Corphish goes to Neverland, I might as well give in and say its joined Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Psyduck and others in the island where you can fly and you never grow up. Welcome to Neverland Corphish :D

As for the episode itself I knew Ash would win. I hope I have the patience to watch this episode because the battle sounds great. With Tauros battling and, of course, the rat saving the day, this is a typical battle episode but still sounds good.

And also, I think it was Eddiursa in another thread that the Battle Pyramid was near Pewter City which blows off my own theory about the gang going the long way around to get back to Pallet Town or wherever, those game producers better hurry it up with D/P or were in for another filler League.

15. ghost master

Don vito, I'm sorry but there was hardly a chance of Corphish ever evolving. It has proved like others that is pretty powerful but can be in basic form. Anyway so We find out the battle pyramid is pewter city. I dont know what to think of that.

16. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

If we take the Deoxys Special out of the timeline as specials usually are outside of the timeline, the episode with Sudowoodo, a rock Pokemon, is next.....and their in the town of a rock gym....

And Corphish does not need to evolve, it would be cool if it did, but it don't.

17. ghost master

Actually its being counted as part of the AG timeline. Also I doubt they would skip all of that and immediatly be in pewter but I digress we should be on epi discussion.

18. V Faction

V Faction www.faction.com

NOTE: Please leave any and all attacks used by Ash's Pokemon and Anabel's Pokemon in a post please, with particular interest in Espeon's attack.

19. Pikachu

Pikachu NW Tourney Winner

Just dashed my hopes. Why can't they make an Espeon win for once?

20. HoennMaster

HoennMaster Well-Known Member

because they don't want Espeon to win :( At least Tauros got some redemption after it's defeat last time. Although I would have liked it to have win I guess a tie is better than nothing.