• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Aldrius

Orange Champion
We should all be thankful for someone going to so much effort to display information in a cohesive way.

...So yeah, thanks... :p

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
My random post to make sure I've posted in every episode discussion of season 9. I'll post more when the pictures come in.

For now I'll simply say that towershipping is here and I doub it'll go away any time soon. Just what we need, poor Ash with yet another girl after his heart in eyes of his fans.

I'll ned to see the battle to critique it. Check in later today.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And how is Ash/Anabel any different than the other one-shot ships we have? I admit it is a very cute pairing, but Anabel will probably never show up again.

This is different from Brock/Lucy, May/Sid, Ash/Melody, Ash/Macy, Drew/Wakana, Misty/Rudy how?

I guess the writers want their main characters to be "hot stuff," with various one-shot and recurring characters crushing on them. Since nearly all those characters will never appear again in the anime, it's mostly for fun.

As said, the only main character that hasn't been crushed on this season is Max. :D There was Max/Vivi from the Winstrates in Hoenn, but nothing in the Battle Frontier.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah, but even the older one shot ships still has its followers.

V Faction

www.faction.com
A blush shows up and then ZOUNDS! Tons of ships.

Aldrius said:
We should all be thankful for someone going to so much effort to display information in a cohesive way.
You can be thankful if you want.

V Faction said:
You can be thankful if you want.

I was definitely kidding, I didn't actually mean I needed to be thanked. Geez...

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Seen the episode, and for the people wondering why may called out combusken, ash was trying to talk to corphish telepathically and may was trying to do that with combusken but both got tired and just sat back. Then ash tried to talk to anabel telepathically but he failed, but anabel had some glitters in her eyes, and ofcourse at the end of the episode blushing cuz ash shaked her hand.

alright now onto to the battle, corphish vs. Alakazam nicely done with ofcourse corphish getting some retribution and giving a great battle. corphish got confused and ash recalled it back while alakazam was falling back from being hit by corphishs attack and then ash sent it right back out and ordered a bubblebeam attack and won, Nice strategy to get it out of confusion, as mentioned by Scott (im guessing cuz he did say something about that, but ofcourse my japanese translation isn't that good)
Tauros vs. Metagross i actually liked the fact that they had a draw i mean common all tauros does is probably run around while metagross prob trains with anabel and battles alot of opponents, so for tauros to get 2 episodes, a new attack and a draw is actually pretty good IMO.
Pikachu vs. Espeon, as others have said pikachu was getting owned before the lights went out. Espeon was quick and strong but ash blinded the arena and that gave pikachu the advantage. And for those people saying that ash blinding the arena is cheating and stuff like that,u people are stupid thats using the whole battlefield in a very smart way. Just like ash had grovyle use leaf blade on the water to get walrein out and knew it would use ice beam but grovyle dodged and the whole field turned into ice, taking away the advantage of walrien getting into the water. And there have been more matches that ash utilzed the battlefield for a win. Dont hate appreciate.lol

Overall i really liked the episode, corphish and tauros interacting with ash and the battle was handled extremely well, i give it 10/10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Flamez said:
Seen the episode, and for the people wondering why may called out combusken, ash was trying to talk to corphish telepathically and may was trying to do that with combusken but both got tired and just sat back.

Ahahaha. I love it when the writers play on Ash and May's naivete, we haven't seen something like this in a while. Ash/May trying to talk to their Pokemon telepathically is really great comedy. :D

Did Anabel say anything about wanting to see Ash again as the episode was ending?

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Yeah the part where ash and may were trying to talk to their pokemon telepathically was funny. Especially corphish, its just so funny looking and it was staring at ash like, what the hell are you doing? lol.

o about anabel cyber i really dont know i couldn't pick anything up but even if she didnt say anything judging from how attached she got with ash she would definetly love to see him again, i dont think ash has ever been this closely attached to a gym leader or frontier brain before. correct me if im wrong. You know something though corphish has proved time after time that it doesn't have to evolve to be strong but what if it did, i really think if ash trained it and continued to put it in battles corphish could be near invincible.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
One heck of a great episode. Anabel's tactic with having Alakazam use Focus Punch was weird. Nice to see Tauros get its due somewhat, and at least Ash tried something different by knocking out the lights in the final round.

As for Ash+Anabel, it's a cute pairing and a semi-true one, but EnigmaShadowShipping (Rich+Anabel) will live forever! So go read it in Fan Fics.....

Heh. I'll definitely tape this one when it's dubbed.

JazzJazz

I doubt it, but am curious if Ash was shown sending tauros back to Oak's at the end of this episode...

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
Amusing battle. Even Pikachu would have lost if they lights weren't off, it was still a pretty good battle, IMO. Now that Ash has 6 symbols, I cannot wait for the Battle Pyramid.

Geodude

Nintendo Theatre said:
Espeon then throws a blind Shadow Ball in the air and Pikachu counters witha Thunder which directly hits Espeon for major damage.
Wrong. Espeon did NOT use Shadow Ball. You'd know too, because it has pretty much exactly the same name in Japanese. (Picture the term "Shadow Ball" pronounced with a Japanese accent.) That attack, surprisingly, was Zap Cannon. And for those who may not remember, Espeon could learn it as a TM in the G/S/C days.

Last edited:

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
Eh was an ok episode. Finally did a getting chased by beedrill gag right by actually making it more of a light hearted gag rather than part of the plot *cough* Sceptile regains attacks episode *cough* Ash & Anabel interactions where nice but as cyber said earlier. What's the point when Anabel is more than likely gone to never be seen again. Now that I think about it besides the movies, I think Anabel has been the only girl to have an obvious crush on Ash. I suppose you can make a strong case for Misty though.

The battle was nice and generic like the normal 3v3 15 mins usually are. This epsiode reinforces why I hate Ash's lose episodes because by some mircale they learned how to duck and avoid the same attacks they where getting nailed with the previous battle :\

Honestly did Espeon really need to know Iron Tail? Are we doomed from now on to see every pokemon that has a tail use Iron Tail? Is it now a writer standard that when Pikachu uses Iron Tail against a pokemon with a tail that pokemon must counter with Iron Tail?

I would imagine also that turning out the lights wouldn't be considered cheating, considering it would be the same to me as melting an ice field, freezing a water field, turning a rock field into molten rock, etc. But since we've yet to see clear rules on what allowed to happen on a pokemon field in a battle it's hard to say if it would be cheating or not. To me the last episode where Ash blocked pikachu from volt tackling into a wall is more of a cheat than the lights.

Last edited:
Geodude said:
Wrong. Espeon did NOT use Shadow Ball. You'd know too, because it has pretty much exactly the same name in Japanese. (Picture the term "Shadow Ball" pronounced with a Japanese accent.) That attack, surprisingly, was Zap Cannon. And for those who may not remember, Espeon could learn it as a TM in the G/S/C days.

Thank you, very much for that. In my play-by-play I listed it as Shadow Ball. I just edited it...:)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Well, if you can name any other time besides the Roxanne battle, I'll submit to that change....