• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Time's A Charm! (447)

Brainwashed

Peace and Love
Well it looks like Ash plans on battling Anabel again, without doing any training. It's typical Ash and his rash decisions that always pay off...

Seeing Ash and his Pokemon jogging was good though, I beat it warmed them up and increased their overall speed. Though Pikachu bothering a swarm of Beedrill's ruined everything but ending up providing a cute scene with Ash and Anabel in the pond.

I was surprised that brutes like Metagross and Alakazam were each taken out by weak Pokemon like Corphish. Espeon and Pikachu was more on par though. I was surprised to see Espeon use Zap Cannon though. At least Ash won quickly. 8/10

Metagross and Tauros were both taken out at the same time. But the battle between of them was pretty cool. Probably my favorite part the episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Good rematch really. Of course Anabel would have a crush on Ash, that's the second FB to have a crush on one of the group (Lucy being the other). I bet if one of the male Frontier Brains had been the same age as May they would have had them crush on her.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Glad that Ash won... and he was totally in sync with Pikachu... Anabel was really good too

God, I'm so behind on these reviews! I just watched the first part of the Deoxys special today and I haven't' done "reviews" for the past two episodes yet!

ANYWAY!....

Not a bad rematch battle. This one was a little bit rushed this time around.

A question:
was this the first FB battle Ash has done because he lost the first time? Or was their another one? I forget!

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I want to see Anabel again. That would be a cute scene for Ash. I liked all of the BF girls. Better than gymleaders.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was cool to see Corphish defeat the very strong Alakazam. It was interesting to see Tauros and Metagross battle each other so hard, that they knocked each other out. It was great to see Pikachu defeat a quick and strong Espeon to finish the battle. It was cool how the lights were knocked out, and the last battle was finished in the dark. Corphish kept going at it with Crabhammer after getting bounced back again and again. I'm glad Ash won his 6th Frontier Symbol.

89/100

Vernikova

Champion
The battle was a disappointment to say the least. Espeon's battle with Pikachu was the worst part of it.

NPT

Just a member
I loved this episode. The moments between Anabel and Ash at beginning were nice, they seemed to get alone very well. It's funny when Ash kept telling Corphish to use harden with his mind, May telling Combusken to use Peck was funny as well.

The battle between Anabel and Ash was cool, Ash's Corphish was able to defeat Anabel's strong Alakazam was quite surprising. Tauros and Metagross's battle was cool too, they both knocked each other out and the battle ended in a draw. Pikachu and Espeon's battle was awesome as well.

Anabel was blushing and holding her hand after shaking hands with Ash. It's obvious that Anabel (One of the few girls who actually showed interest in Ash! ) has a crush on Ash, but sadly he was too obilvious to understand her feelings.

Music-wise, this dub of this episode was not good. The dub kept only 3 pieces of Japanese music. They should've kept some more music for this particular episode.

Last edited:
With this battle, I had the feeling that maybe Anabel's last Pokemon was going to be a Legendary, just because of how secret it was being kept throughout the battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I was extremely surprised that Ash chose to use the same three Pokemon against Anabel here that previously lost to her. Ash's decisions are always so odd. Anyway, aside from Ash vs. Anabel round two, I cackled when Team Rocket dug and Munchlax fell through their hole and how they started eating the food that Brock made. Their Wobbuffet mecha was lame though.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I was sort of expecting Corphish to evolve during the battle against Alakazam.Too bad it didn't.I wish Alakazam used Thunder Punch to counter Crabhammer.Tauros defeating Metagross with Take Down was odd,too.That being said,I liked seeing Espeon use Zap Cannon.
7.5/10

JudySpell

Banned
Tauros winning against Metagross made sense to me because of his bulk and strength. I didn't like Espeon versus Pikachu though due to the blackout scene. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was so happy when Corphish got revenge against Anabel's Alakazam, also Tauros tying with Metagross was at least better than him losing. I liked how Ash used the blackout to his advantage too. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Okay so this was a great episode. Anabel's crush on Ash was so cute. <3 I loved the part where she told Ash to try to sense her feelings. But oops, he couldn't. The battle was very good, too.

ZilverLox

Banned
The Alakazam battle was pretty lame since Ash was just getting cheesy and just so happened to know what his Corphish was thinking. Pikachu should have lost too, but since Scott mentioned how Zap Cannon has a low accuracy, then it makes sense that Ash won the match by share luck. Anabel should of won the match though and Ash should have tried one last time to battle and then beat Anabel in that battle, but it never happened.