• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Secret Life, Pretty Little Liars, Huge, and Make it or Break It.

Manchee

extra toasty
So basically the more popular and newer shows on ABC Family (or another network if you live somewhere else, I'm not suite sure ><). I've wanted to talk about these shows for a while but never got around to making a thread for it. I don't actually watch Make it or Break it but I figured to include it since some other people might.

As of recently, I think the other three shows are pretty good right now. I like on Secret Life that Ben got Adrian pregnant... makes things fun :3 Huge is a pretty good show. I never expected to like it so much, but it's funny and dramatic enough that I watch it.

Pretty Little Liars is my favorite right now though. It's so interesting and I love all of the characters on it. All the lies and secrets everyone has adds to the thrill of it all. Normally I think ads for shows are dumb when it says people can't wait to see what happens next, but I can believe it for this show; I just want to keep watching more and more.

BA~

Larris

Barney Stinson!
I agree with you on Pretty Little Liars. I loove that show, I'm totally hooked! I just have to say that Mr.Fitz is so hot!! :) And all the characters are great and the storyline is very thrilling. I also like the intro theme, it's great!

As for the other shows. I've never watched Huge or Make it or break it. But I've watched a couple of episodes of Secret Life, but it's just too cheesy imo, for me :p

Manchee

extra toasty
Larris said:
But I've watched a couple of episodes of Secret Life, but it's just too cheesy imo, for me :p

Yeah, it is cheesy, plus the acting is very bad. I just watch it because the actual idea of it is interesting. I mean you have band geeks, a christian, football player, ****, and kids too young to be doing stuff. What more could be added? :p

HoennMaster said:
I don't watch Pretty Little Liars, but I love the other three. Make It or Break It is my favorite.

You should, it's the best imo. The acting isn't the very best the whole time, but most of the time it is and things stay suspenseful.

But what's Make It or Break It really about? I know it has gymnastics or whatever, but what makes it so interesting?

BA~

HoennMaster

It's only really 50% Gymnastics, most of it is teen drama. I don't really know how to explain it but I just love it. I guess it's the characters for me.

Chelc

Omg, yessss. Make It Or Break It is one of my favorite shows! I just caught up with it actually, because I missed the last two episodes. I'm so ready for tonight's episode.

I watched the first episode of Pretty Little Liars, and I really liked it, so hopefully, when I find out where to watch the older episodes (Hulu sucks now and so many streaming sites shut down :mad:), I can keep up with it.

I don't like Secret Life, no offense to anyone who watches it. I watched like a couple episodes, and it just wasn't for me.

Manchee

extra toasty
Well maybe I'll have to watch it if Chelc says it's so good :p Although yeah, lots of streaming sites are going down, so I don't know if I'd be able to find it anywhere.

But what did everyone think of the new episodes that aired? I though Huge was okay the other night. It wasn't very funny, but it had some good development stuff ^^

I loved Pretty Little Liars, as always. I really don't know if I like Emily better with Mya or Toby :< Toby is awesome, and i think he's adorable with how he liked Emily, but Mya and Emily are also really good together. Ugh. Oh, I also really can't wait for when Hannah and Lucas get together :D I've always hated Hannah's current boyfriend (I think his name is Shawn? ><), and it's obvious what's being set up here :p

BA~

Larris

Barney Stinson!
I loved Pretty Little Liars, as always. I really don't know if I like Emily better with Mya or Toby :< Toby is awesome, and i think he's adorable with how he liked Emily, but Mya and Emily are also really good together. Ugh. Oh, I also really can't wait for when Hannah and Lucas get together :D I've always hated Hannah's current boyfriend (I think his name is Shawn? ><), and it's obvious what's being set up here :p

Loved it too. I think Emily should be with Toby (if he's still alive? :O). I like that kind of "forbidden" love, so i would like something to really happen between them. Toby sure was adorable with how he liked Emily.
True, it's quite obvious the Hannah-Lucas thing. But I like Shawn too, I didn't in the begginning, but now I kind of like him.
As for the other's love interests, I'm waiting for Mr. Fitz to return and be with Aria!! And also Spencer and Alex are cute together.
As always the episode ended in mystery, can't wait for the next! :'D

Manchee

extra toasty
Larris said:
I like that kind of "forbidden" love, so i would like something to really happen between them. Toby sure was adorable with how he liked Emily.

Well Emily and Mya can be considered "forbidden love" also for obvious reasons. But yes, he is very adorable :3

Larris said:
True, it's quite obvious the Hannah-Lucas thing. But I like Shawn too, I didn't in the beginning, but now I kind of like him.

Haha I liked him in the beginning, but now I don't. I hated how he acted after the Homecoming episode and how much of an ***-hat he was to Lucas.

Larris said:
As for the other's love interests, I'm waiting for Mr. Fitz to return and be with Aria!! And also Spencer and Alex are cute together.

Yeah, I think all the relationships are amazing in this. Aria and Ezra are my absolute favorites, though I think with Hannah and Lucas and their "popular pretty girl likes nerdy shy guy" is really cute.

Larris said:
As always the episode ended in mystery, can't wait for the next! :'D

I like that now Spencer is a suspect. I never would've guessed that they could pin something like that on her, so it was definitely a surprise. Jenna's eyes were also a surprise, and I'm way too used to her with her sunglasses.

The next episode looks awesome since they're all trapped in the school. It's a perfect setting for A to creep them out and for something dramatic to happen. Also, Ezra is coming back then, so that's always a plus :3

BA~

Larris

Barney Stinson!
Well Emily and Mya can be considered "forbidden love" also for obvious reasons. But yes, he is very adorable :3
Oh, of course! I didn't think of that.

Haha I liked him in the beginning, but now I don't. I hated how he acted after the Homecoming episode and how much of an ***-hat he was to Lucas.
Yeah, I think all the relationships are amazing in this. Aria and Ezra are my absolute favorites, though I think with Hannah and Lucas and their "popular pretty girl likes nerdy shy guy" is really cute.
True, but Shawn seems to be into Hannah now. Didn't seem like he liked her that much in the first couple of episodes. But then again I didn't like that Shawn sent flowers to Aria! And I feel bad for Lucas.
Come to think of it, I'm not so sure if I like Shawn anymore, haha.

I like that now Spencer is a suspect. I never would've guessed that they could pin something like that on her, so it was definitely a surprise.

It sure was a surprise. Just proves that the murderer/A could be anyone.
Also, I don't like Allison's brother Jason at all. There's something fishy about him.. *puts him up on my own list of suspects* ;)

The next episode looks awesome since they're all trapped in the school. It's a perfect setting for A to creep them out and for something dramatic to happen. Also, Ezra is coming back then, so that's always a plus :3

Woah, I just saw the sneak peak and I can't wait! I think it's going to be a great episode. I too like that they're trapped in school. Yes, you're absolutely right. The perfect setting. And YAY, Ezra is back (finally, feels like forever even though it's only been like two episodes).

Silver_Seoul

I caught the first episode of Pretty Little Liars and I was actually pretty hooked, but I haven't caught any of the other episodes. I'm hoping to do so soon.

Huge, eh, no offense, but I'm not too fond of it. :p

Make it or Break It... again, no offense, but I can't even stand this one.

Secret Life, while it may have bad acting, is really interesting to me and I have my DVR record every episode. I've seen every episode and I just love how there's like a billion conflicts introduced every minute that you'll forget about and it'll come back to haunt everyone like five episodes later. When I try to explain the show to non-watchers, it gets really complicated though.

I mean, really. Amy dates Ben who got Adrian pregnant because she wanted to get back at Ricky, the father of Amy's baby, for kissing Ricky but Ricky used to date Grace, Adrian's best friend, who dated Ben for a short period of time after she broke up with Jack who is dating Madison, one of Amy's two best friends. And it's way more complicated than that. I barely touched upon the six mains; but yeah, I love this show.

Valkyrie X

My friend made me start watching Pretty Little Liars. It's...a very guilty pleasure.

I'm not fond of any of the main characters, really, but Lucas is just sweet. :) I love the idea of Hanna falling for him, it really is cute. I have mixed feelings about Sean, though... On one hand, it AMAZES me that he's had enough patience with Hanna to stay with her after she PURPOSELY WRECKED HIS CAR and then ditched him at homecoming. I also personally respect his level of self-control on the issue of sex (it's a rare trait among stereotypical jock types). Yet at the same time, he's had his douche moments too. I think he's a generally good guy, he just has some of the same problems most guys like him have (a level of arrogance, picking on nerds, etc.).

martinn94

Prepare For Trouble
Pretty Little Liars is such an addictive show! It really has you counting the days til next week's episode. Secret Life has really started dissapointing me. I mean how many more people are they going to get pregnant?

Manchee

extra toasty
Secret Life, while it may have bad acting, is really interesting to me and I have my DVR record every episode. I've seen every episode and I just love how there's like a billion conflicts introduced every minute that you'll forget about and it'll come back to haunt everyone like five episodes later. When I try to explain the show to non-watchers, it gets really complicated though.

I mean, really. Amy dates Ben who got Adrian pregnant because she wanted to get back at Ricky, the father of Amy's baby, for kissing Ricky but Ricky used to date Grace, Adrian's best friend, who dated Ben for a short period of time after she broke up with Jack who is dating Madison, one of Amy's two best friends. And it's way more complicated than that. I barely touched upon the six mains; but yeah, I love this show.

Haha yup, that's the only reason I watch it. Full of drama and makes me entertained for however long it's on :3 I'm waiting to see how the Ricky/Ashley thing ends. I'm hoping Ashley eventually loses her feelings for him. He's amazing and doesn't need her making things all dumb and complicated. Plus it'll give Amy another reason to be pissy all the time -_-

HoennMaster

Secret Life is like a drug. Sometimes you can't stand it but you can't stop watching. That's how I felt during the second half of Season 2. It's getting better.

Sprintking

Secret Life. I've seen like 3 episodes when my sis was watching it, and as far as I can tell everyone is pregnant.

Huge. I just don't get it. They're fat, they should lose some weight. Simple as that, no sense in glorifying their size.

Silver_Seoul

Secret Life. I've seen like 3 episodes when my sis was watching it, and as far as I can tell everyone is pregnant.

Actually the only ones who have been pregnant over the three season are Amy, Anne (Amy's mother) and now, Adrian. Otherwise everyone else is pretty much born. =3

Secret Life is like a drug. Sometimes you can't stand it but you can't stop watching. That's how I felt during the second half of Season 2. It's getting better.

It's my heroine. :p

Haha yup, that's the only reason I watch it. Full of drama and makes me entertained for however long it's on :3 I'm waiting to see how the Ricky/Ashley thing ends. I'm hoping Ashley eventually loses her feelings for him. He's amazing and doesn't need her making things all dumb and complicated. Plus it'll give Amy another reason to be pissy all the time -_-

Ah, honestly, I couldn't stand another second of Amy's whining. I'm so grateful she started to mellow out after the temporary break up with Ben. I think it was around the time she started dating Jimmy that she came back down to earth from Amy world. ^^

Manchee

extra toasty

They make someone pregnant each season. So it's been three. And one of them was one of the main character's mom, so I doubt that would count. So only two teenage pregnancies so far.

Sprintking said:
Huge. I just don't get it. They're fat, they should lose some weight. Simple as that, no sense in glorifying their size.

That's kind of... rude :/ It's about a bunch of kids at a fat camp to lose the weight. It's a very creative and interesting show. So many people that don't watch it have the same stupid opinion of "GOSH THEY'RE FAT GO EXERCISE." But it's about more than just losing the weight. It shows how things are from the (for lack of a better term) fat person's point of view. Skinny people are too judgmental irl and it's what makes those people not want to watch the show. Huge is showing how much these kids are putting themselves through just so that they can be accepted more normally by other people.

Silver_Seoul

They make someone pregnant each season. So it's been three. And one of them was one of the main character's mom, so I doubt that would count. So only two teenage pregnancies so far.

One thing I observed with my friend; each season, a female whose name begins with the letter "A" has gotten Pregnant. May be a coincidence, but my friend and I think either Ashley or Alice is up for Season Four. :p

annabelletheraikou

Secret Life is like a drug for me too. I watched it once during the first season and was hooked. I love the idea of Ben and Adrian together, haha. I've watched Make It or Break It once, but I didn't really like it that much. I've watched Huge before, but it comes on the same time as Gossip Girl... lol. And I've been wanting to watch Pretty Little Liars, but I've never gotten around to it. Hopefully they'll have one of those marathons so I can catch up.