• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Secret Story: La Maison des Secrets~...

Who do you want to see out of la Maison des Secrets?...

• Cyrus

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Chandler

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
(OOC; But you can still put stuff in your Sent Messages folder. Which I did. >^< Gimme' a couple of hours for emphasis.)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
;462; Alright everyone, I guess it's time to leave... It was fun!

(OOC: Deadline met, will start working on the new OP)

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
;414; Thank you for the company... everyone. *picks up some sheets* U-Um, they were just some thoughts... going through my head... at the time... .... U-Um, I'm feeling a lot better now, so... don't takes this as a distress call or anything. H-Here.

(OOC: So my story turned out to be something like a sappy grimdark one-shot. Hey, it looked pretty damn good at the time. :p And I had no idea how much we were supposed to right so... I let myself go. ^_^; )

=December 18=

Only 3 days left. 3 days left until we all fall down.

A couple of days ago, I decided that I would go on a journey of the sorts. I was to revisit important places in my memories, possibly trying to fulfill some last regrets. For some reason, even though I have submitted to the world's pathetic fate, I can't help but feel that I need to seek some sort of closure before the end. Perhaps it's because I really am scared; no one actually has any idea exactly how the world will destroy itself. It happened so suddenly; just last week, everyone on the planet paused, and thought the same thing; everyone could feel that December 21st would be their last day. That was it. Absolutely no context. Just the realization that their time would soon be up.

I have but one companion with me. Her slender white frame is perched on top of a rusty candlestick, the tip of her wick slightly singed. To keep her safe, I've placed her (candlestick included) in a clear plastic box. This way, I can be sure I won't lose her. We are back in our old town. Surprisingly, I find that what used to be a humble countryside community is now completely abandoned. Did they go mad from the revelation? Perhaps they couldn't accept their demise, and offed themselves one-by-one. Or maybe they killed each other, who knows? I didn't particularly have any attachment to the people of this town, and either way I've already reached my first stop. The van pulls up in front of an abandoned, decrepit shelter. I could never bring myself to call it a house; it would be easiest to compare it to a prison, at best. After paying the driver, I pick up her box and step outside. Here we are.

The both of us are now inside my former shelter. She's only been here a couple of times, but even she could tell that this place couldn't be called a home. She knew from her heart; her shelter too was imprisoning her, keeping her from being more than what she could be. As I approach the stairs, I glance at the empty, dusty living room. Archaic glass bottles scattered across the floor, formerly full of cheap booze, remind me of the "fun times" I've had with the old bastard. The only thing here that I could call my own was my room; down the hall, last room on the left, a magnificent view of a distant barn. I slowly make my way up the stairs, carefully avoiding debris and broken bottles as my wings take me upward.

Here I am. My room doesn't even have a door anymore. Stepping through the door-frame, I get a good glance of what my room has become. Unsurprisingly, nothing here has been touched. Well, my bed's missing a blanket and the mattress is full of holes, but that's probably because of the passage of time. Luckily, I still see a familiar piece of paper pinned above my desk. Carefully removing it from the wall, I sit on the floor, remove her from her box, and scan the yellowing sheet. Oh Arceus, this poem was way too corny! I can't believe I actually got her to read this! A memory of her plays in the back of my head; she skims it once, flips it over and back, lets out a chuckle, looks into my eyes, and smiles. Arceus, that smile. I give her a small kiss, then pull out a match and light her up. Together, we walk towards the window, hoping to look out at the barn where we became one.

To my dismay, that barn is no longer where it stood.

=December 19=
2 days left. We all received another thought from them, whoever they were, ensuring us that escape was impossible. I'm watching the news right now. Constant updates on these strange being's attempts to wipe out all life-forms flood every news channel, and even kid's channels now have scrolling text near the bottom of the screen. To poor government doesn't know how to deal with what they can't see. At first, they tried to write it off as some sort of weird coincidence... but then they killed someone. An invisible force, snapping that poor woman's neck. Just to show that they were serious. Whoever they were.

But I honestly stopped caring. I have to finish these last couple of stops.

Today, I'm not too far from home. This time, the van stops in front of a sleek white building. I don't even bother to count the broken windows. The sign out front is spray-painted with the phrase "EMBRACE THE END", but I can still make out the truth behind the lie; Safe Haven Rehabilitation Center. I'm here to pay a visit to an old friend, my only friend other than her. Other doctors may have called her a psychotherapist, but we personally came up with the nickname "Tea-timer". She would always prepare tea (and occasionally wine) whenever she wanted to talk about something, and sometimes just to simply give me a boost. As I wander the white hallways, a loud bang pierces my ears. A gunshot. Looks like someone succumbed to the fear. I give out a small chuckle.

I finally stop at a door near the second-floor stairwell. The nameplate reads "A. FONTAINE". No spray-paint to undermine it, no truth behind the lie; just like her.

"Looks like you got here before me." I turn around and quietly greet the older woman, my one-and-only tea-timer. "You haven't changed a bit, huh?" she eyes the plastic box I'm holding her in, and appears to look a little downcast. Why so glum? Isn't it better for me to stay the way I am? At least, as I am, I feel a lot more... ... whole. It takes me a while to realize she's trying to make eye-contact with me, and I instinctively avert my eyes. "It's about time we got inside." she finished with a light smile as she opened the door and entered her office. Heh, was she trying to imitate her? Nice try, she's one-of-a-kind to me.

The "A" in A. Fontaine stands for Amelie. Amelie Fontaine. She mentions how when she tried Googling the meaning of her name, she got meanings such as "laborious, striving, and eager". We laughed at how much that actually fit her character, though I feel her laugh slightly overpowered mine. Every now and then, we have moments like these where we talk about stuff not required for psychotherapy, or "tea-time" as we called it. In the meantime, she's finished her tea while I've simply been stirring it, making sure her flame didn't suddenly go out. After a bit, Amelie stops taking. And then; "...You're not scared?" Of what? The end of the world? It's just a passing phase to me. "Haha, very funny." Her laughter soon dies out, and she continues; "Does this mean... it's finished? You have no regrets left?" Almost. I still have one last place to visit. "Alright... I'm in no position to stop you now... ... and who knows? I just might join you later. This world doesn't have use for tea-timers like me anymore." she tries to pull off another smile, but this time, I get up and push my teacup towards her. "..." I pick up her box, "..." and make my way out the door. "..." Nothing to say? What shame. I close the door behind me-

"I'm sorry."

=December 20=

One more day. One more day before we all fall down. But who knows? Maybe I'll fall down just. A bit. Differently.

For certain, I'm going up in flames. Waaaaaay up.

I'm at her house right now. One could say it's in the same state as mine, but on the bright side... it has a better paint-job. I take her out and give her a small embrace before continuing inside. At the very least, she did her best to keep her prison as organized as possible. It was one of the many quirks that made her a beauty. Unfortunately for her, this house couldn't ever become beautiful, no matter how many times she dusted it, or cleaned up spills, or placed random trinkets around the house. Her circumstances were more-or-less the same as mine. I'll never know... I make my way up the stairs.

I'm standing outside of her room. Lucky her, she still has something to separate her from her reality. I take her out of her box and hold her close to my chest. I'l never know... how she was able to stand so tall, despite all the pressure pushing her down. She was a goddess out of my reach from the very beginning; but this all started when she reached out to me. We simply started out as friends who shared a common ground, but eventually, as cliched as it sounds, we grew to understand one another, care for one another on a higher level than just friends... we were soulmates.

And then I ruined it.

"Sorry... ... ... Erin."

The wooden floor is soon covered with damp droplets. I've had enough.

I'm standing where the barn used to be. It's a shame that there's nothing left. Nothing left that proves we spent our time here, nothing left to say "This is our paradise." There's nothing left for me. There's nothing left in this world for me. This empty world without her.

At this point, I don't care what happens to the world. Will everyone be abducted? Killed by meteors? Have their entrails flattened to tennis-court size and get sent to the Golden Land? It really didn't matter to me. Nothing matters. there's nothing left.

I pile up some nearby hay, grab a red container from inside (Thank Arceus it hasn't been touched.), and sit on top of the pile. Turning the container upside-down, I drizzle the contents all over the hay, all over my useless vessel.

One last match.

I light her up one last time.

Oh Arceus, this is it.

The match is still burning.

Flickering.

Flickering a ghostly image of her light, her smile, her grace, her everything.

I'm gonna' do it.

I'm going to end it here.

No take-backs.

In the end... am I just like those hopeless people?

Those who felt trapped, and found an easier way out? Those who wanted to escape this hellish land?

I shake my head. No, I'm different. I've planned this from the very beginning.

Ever since her death, this is how I've wanted.... how I've wanted my flame to go out.

I really am nothing without you... Erin.

Here it goes.

HERE . . . IT . . . GOES .

I drop the match, the last source of light I see before I close my eyes.

See you soon. I love you, Erin. With all my heart.

Will you welcome me with open arms?

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
;136; well... it's been a great time everyone. i'll have a lot to write about in the Sinnoh Times.. That story was pure beauty Bradley... you deserved first place.

Pir8Heart

ƸӜƷ
(OOC: *Cue spotlight Azran* I thought you spoiler-tagged it because most of us haven't played the 3rd Layton game, or something like that. Nonetheless, it was a very well-shaded drawing. *3*)

Flame Mistress

(OOC: *Cue spotlight Azran* I thought you spoiler-tagged it because most of us haven't played the 3rd Layton game, or something like that. Nonetheless, it was a very well-shaded drawing. *3*)

(OOC: Oh yeah, right. =p It was okay, I suppose, though Layton's arm turned out to be way too long... ah well.)

Status
Not open for further replies.