• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Secret Story: La Maison des Torsions

Status
Not open for further replies.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Secret Story: La Maison des Torsions

Hello, everyone. Welcome to my humble log cabin of a mansion...where you will all be staying for the next few months, but do not expect your stay to be too pleasant. I am, but an omnipotent being. You may refer to me as Bienveillance. I have inherited ownership of this mansion from a very kind friend, whom some of you may have known as Merite, apprentice of the first master, La Voix. However, this mansion is not completely under my ownership. My lovely co-owner, Angie-Scarlet, is also running this log-cabin mansion with me, and she stands among you as a living helper, unlike myself. Now while the first master governed the mansion with secrets, and the last master with lies, ours has a new component: twists.

Here's how the game works. This mansion will have themes that change every week, everyone will be under the effects of the mansion's current theme and will act "accordingly". Now, twenty contestants from very diverse backgrounds will be coming here to stay for a good couple months. Each of them harbor a very dark secret, and the element of each week's theme will be their lifeline. The goal is to reveal their secret, while using the theme as a clue to what their secret might be. While this is one way to rack up money and ensure survival, there's also a series of challenges that you must follow.

The Weekly Challenges

Défi Seul - The Solo Challenge. All the contestants will be pitted against each other; miss out, and your sums will greatly decrease. While the winner of this challenge will receive the largest sum of money, their team will benefit greatly from this as well, as they will be gaining the same amount of money as the winner. The runner-ups, however, will not grant the same benefit to their teams. Do try very hard for yourselves and your teams, they will be depending on you for greatness.

La Guerre des Équipes - The Team War, a returning challenge to this installment, but with minor changes. All five teams will be going against each other. The winning team will gain a significant sum of money, plus an immunity for the coming week's challenge. However, the team member that didn't try the hardest for this challenge will be eliminated from the game. Teams will let me know through the Confessions box if they have a failing team member. So please, do collaborate and do put some effort.

Défi Mouchard - The Sneak Challenge, or in other words, The Hot Seat. For this challenge, a selected contestant will drop a very subtle hint towards their secret. When the other contestants catch on to the hint, they will let me know in the Confessions box. If their guess is pretty close, they will gain a fat sum of money and the secret will be heavily hinted at. Somewhere along the lines of the secret, they will gain a small sum of money, but the hint will be dropped. Nowhere near, and your sums will decrease by a quarter-percent. If the selected contestant fails to comply, they will be severely penalized and/or their secret will be revealed. The selected contestant's life will be at stake, but their fate depends on the others' performance.

Défi Secret - The Secret Challenge, another returning game with minor changes. This challenge will be secretly assigned to one contestant of each team while the other challenges are underway. Should they succeed with the task, they will receive a good sum of money and hint towards the secret of their choice. Failure will result in dropping a big hint towards their own secret. Be secretive, no one must know of your hidden agenda.

(Each of these Challenges will occur at random, but the Défi Secret will go along with the Challenge at hand. So essentially, you'll be killing two birds with one stone. Some of the tasks given will follow the current theme.)​

Rules
1. PLEASE, be active. I can't stress it enough that activity is a must. If you're not gonna participate, I suggest you reconsider joining.
2. Active contestants, if you notice one of your comrades is inactive, do kindly let them know. Otherwise, they will be disqualified after a certain amount of time.
3. Bienveillance will be obeyed. No if's and/or but's.
4. Player misbehavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
5. Once eliminated, post a farewell. If you don't post your farewell within four days time, it will be considered spam.
6. Follow the theme of the task. Otherwise, your sums will decrease by a notch.
7. Keep Role Playing to a minimum.
8. Include your emoticon in your posts.
9. Should elimination/nominations ever come up, please include why you're eliminating/nominating said contestant in your Confession.
10. If I issue a pause on the thread, please take your RPing to the VMs until I say you're allowed to post here.
11. Most importantly, have fun!

Other Information
1. There will be five teams in total: Paix, Aumône, Foi, Espérance, and Volonté.
2. Everyone will start with 5000 PokeDollars in their banks.
3. The money from the eliminated contestants will be distributed evenly among their team.
4. My humble co-owner, Angie-Scarlet, will be available in my absense.
5. The themes are your only friends helping you survive. Do not let your Secret escape.
6. Expect the unexpected. Bienveillance will show no mercy to your unfortunate souls.
7. If you have any questions, Bienveillance and/or Angie-Scarlet will kindly enlighten you.
8. All guesses towards a secret will be sent to the Confessions box. Unless it's part of the Sneak Challenge, please specify which contestant is being held in question.
9. I will do everything in my power to let players voice their opinions. If it's majorly expressed, then I'll definitely take it into consideration.
10. As an added opinion from a fellow player, try and make your posts as constructive as possible. Avoid one-liners as much as you can to not throw off anyone posting simultaneously.

The Contestants

Survivors
- :502: -> :503: Mizu - 19,544 Pokedollars <--- (winner for having revealed the most secrets)
- ;272; Ramón - 29,131 Pokedollars
- ;429; Seliora - 22,058 Pokedollars

Deceased (because raisins...)
- ;212; Kenneth - 0 Pokedollars (formerly 8,450)
- :628: Justy - 0 Pokedollars (10,618)

(Remaining Pokedollars for the two deceased participants were added together and evenly distributed to the remaining participants.)

Eliminated:
- ;242; Bessy - 0 Pokedollars
- ;471; Glacia - 0 Pokedollars
- ;006; Mason - 0 Pokedollars
- ;131; Jimmy - 0 Pokedollars
- ;335; Carmelo - 0 Pokedollars
- :612: Misos - 0 Pokedollars
- ;474; Clarence - 0 Pokedollars
- :512: Atmey - 0 Pokedollars
- ;391; Fredrik - 0 Pokedollars
- ;461; Halt - 0 Pokedollars
- :586: Will - 0 Pokedollars
- ;430; Shinon - 0 Pokedollars
- ;421; Amy - 8700 Pokedollars
- ;106; Hondo - 6300 Pokedollars
- ;178; Zephyr - 4638 Pokedollars
- ;141; Shard - 13,725 Pokedollars
- :635: Lovina - 28,052 Pokedollars

Current Challenge
Theme:
Challenge:

The Assistants:

- ;235; Gaston
- ;159; -> ;160; Bruno
- ;026; Leeta
- :549: Delilah
- ;303; Angie-Scarlet
- ;414; Bradley

Minor Characters:
- ;217; Edna
- :606: Jazzyem
-
700.png
Svan
-
700.png
Augustus (shiny)
-
702.png
-> :571: Bilbo
-
654.png
Amanda (briefly shiny)
-
654.png
Russell
-
681.png
Tobias
-
663.png
Greg
-
687.png
Hal

Warning System
If for any reason anyone violates any implemented rules, you will receive a warning. If you rack up 4 warnings, you will be eliminated from the game. This goes for:
-Violating any of the rules that affect regular gameplay.
-Posting beyond the limit I issue.
-Spamming the thread with conversations that don't contribute to the game at all.
-Self-entitling GM duties.
-Disturbing me and/or Raiden in any form. (Harrassment, Noncompliance, etc.)​
none.

none.

none.

none.

Secrets discovered

-Bessy's secret (revealed due to quitting)
Bessy was once a gentle and caring nurse who was a professional at her job. One day she was attacked and possessed by a demon. This demon took over Bessy's personality and turned her into the sassy, sadistic woman she is. She loves seeing others in pain, physically, mentally, and/or emotionally. The demon has also affected her in other ways, such as giving her more power, resistance to certain things, and some heightened abilities.

-Glacia's secret (revealed due to quitting)
She's cowardly afraid of loud noises. Anything loud will make her hide or scream in fear.

-Mason's secret (revealed due to elimination)
As a young Charmander, he had a childhood crush but had his heart broken.

-Jimmy's secret (revealed due to quitting)
He wishes to have arms and legs.

-Carmelo's secret (revealed due to quitting)
He's only strong because he took steroids as a child, since he was born a small baby and had to protect himself from Seviper.

-Misos' secret (revealed due to elimination)
Misos plans to own the entire world by having all the nations threaten each other with nuclear war and actually execute it; to these ends, he has several Pokémon friends whom he sent to the future (via Celebi) to become President, Premier, and Councilors of the Pokémon's Republic of China, he's planning to rob a Belgian bank to procure more money, and he's constructing a nuclear fission-fusion bomb which he intends to blame on the United States of Pokémerica.

-Clarence's secret (revealed due to elimination)
He used to have an older brother, but killed him accidentally when playing, due to his competitive traits.

-Atmey's secret (revealed by vote)
He's actually a criminal Zoroark named Vilestone, posing as a Simisage.

-Fredrik's Secret (discovered by Amy)
He is a Jewish Eunuch.

-Halt's Secret (revealed due to quitting)
He decapitated his brother in a drunk fight.

-Will's Secret (revealed due to elimination)
Will's overall personality is actually a huge facade. He's actually an extremely damaged individual who regrets a lot of things he's done. Will, in short, is a murderer. An extremely cold-blooded killer who attracts people to him by his nice facade.

-Shinon's Secret (revealed due to elimination)
He is a wanted fugitive in disguise, A Zoroark named Shaden, who lived a comfortable life stealing food and money from others with his beloved companion, a female Persian named Alma, who was his best friend since they were a Zorua and Meowth. Eventually, Alma got tired of the criminal life and left Shaden, whose reason for leaving was that she was "merely doing this to help her family", and started growing wary of the fact that their crimes were now going as far as killing innocent people for their belongings. One point, he got so hurt over the fact that she left him, so he decided she would pay for the pain he caused him with her life. Just as he was about to kill her, she shrieked, just in time to alert a mob and drive him away. He adopted his Honchkrow alter ego while trying to seek shelter in a cave, where he discovered that many bird Pokemon were seeking his help. He thought that through his alter ego, he would slowly pay for all the sins and crimes he's committed.

-Amy's Secret (revealed due to elimination)
Amy accidentally killed her mother by giving her lye instead of water (she was like a maid for her mother who was deathly ill). She became a drunkard to not experience the guilt.

-Hondo's Secret (revealed due to elimination)
Hondo is bad with relationships, and his always end with awkward and hurtful breakups. He no longer looks for love because he feels as if he can't be happy if he's in one. Deep inside of him, however, so deep he almost doesn't know himself, he wants love to find him. No matter what he shows while at the mansion, he aches to be loved by just about anyone.

-Zephyr's Secret (revealed due to elimination)
Despite his father's drug-abuse, Zephyr is a reformed cocaine addict and has tried to keep others from using drugs and alcohol through sports and physical play.

-Shard's Secret (revealed due to elimination)
He lost his parents at the age of 4 and has fended for himself ever since.

-Lovina's Secret (revealed by Mizu)
She's part of the Italian mafia, with her dad being the leader. She uses her restaurant to keep cover from the police, while also going by "Lovina Vargas", since her adoptive brother, Felice, is named "Felice Vargas".

-Kenneth's Secret (revealed through character death)
As a child, Kenneth's Scizor clan was led by an evil and monstrous king. He enslaved the citizens and sent many soldiers on missions leading to certain death. The king also executed citizens for no apparent reason. Eventually, Kenneth's mother and father were killed by this king and Kenneth wanted revenge. Luckily, most of the guards knew Kenneth as his parents were very high ranking in the clan. This allowed him to sneak into the kings room one night. He told the guards the king had called him so they let him in. Kenneth was filled with rage and anger and quickly beheaded the sleeping tyrant. He fled, for he knew that this was a serious crime and he himself could be killed for it. Eventually, the a guard was found guilty and paid the punishment for Kenneth's crime. Kenneth now lives with this memory and it has haunted him his whole life.

-Justy's Secret (revealed through character death)
He never actually served the war. Justy was rejected from every branch in the military for accidently destroying a base in the army. So Justy, upon depression of his loss, lied to everyone he knew that he was in the army as well as telling about his fake stories in his books to obtain fame and money. His name also isn't Justy, but rather an alias he took up to pose as the real Justy, a Braviary who had died in combat.

Let me know beforehand or it'll be considered inactivity after a while.

RESERVED ONLY TO THOSE WHO SKIP CHALLENGES
none.
none.
none.
none.
none.

Last edited:

Chandelurefan1

Name: Justy
Species: :628:

Overall Personality: This guy acts like a total patriot, speaking in an exaggerated American accent. He has a strong sense of justice when it comes to Unova as he served in the Unova Army during the Pokemon War (I made that up). For fighting for his region many pokemon look up to him. He also looks up to other Unova Pokemon due to believing they are all good.

Miscellaneous Information: He writes about his past of the war through novels that he publishes from time to time

Armando Payne

Name: Fredrik
Species: ;391;
Overall Personality: He believes that he's Nordic even though he doesn't speak a word of Scandinavian (hence the name Fredrik and not Frederick) he believes that life should consist of the 3 Bs; beer, blood and babes. He's incredibly hot-blooded, boisterous and will hit on anything feminine neverminding the fact that that feminine being may in fact be a male. He also has a tendency of throwing stuff he likes to the ground.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
(Glad to see this up!)

Name: Amy
Species: ;421;
Overall: Amy is overall a fantastic drunkard and party animal. She's always shown with a bottle of simple syrup (which to grass types is the equivalent of hard alcohol). She has Irish ancestry, but is faint and she only has her love of alcohol from it. Though she is also childish, and can get along with anyone. She's good at cleaning as well, but is normally too drunk or lazy to actually clean.
Misc. : She was our maid from last season

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Name: Bessy

Species: ;242;
Overall Personality: A very sassy and rough nurse. She has no trouble speaking her mind and says what she wants. She's also a big instigator and loves to provoke people. It's the drama that amuses her and she loves it even more when she causes it. She has the belief that you have to do whatever it takes to do something, no matter who it hurts or what it affects. She's a big gambler and likes to take risks. She is stubborn and hard headed; once she has made up her mind she will not change it. You would think she's gentle as a nurse, but she's anything but. She believes the tougher she is, the better your body gets accustomed. This philosophy of her's also applies to the way she behaves; if she's tough on others, then they'll become tough themselves. She can't stand anyone who's weak and emotional.

Misc. Info: None.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Bienveillance welcomes all four of you.

(Everyone, send in your Secret)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Name: Lovina

Species: Hydreigon :635:

Personality: Harsh, foul-mouthed and violent, Lovina, or "Vina" for short, can easily be described as "Tsundere". This tomboy is very aggressive and prone to losing her temper very easily, often getting into fights and brawls. She is not one who backs down from a good fight either and more often than not picks fights with anyone she hates if she's bored. She however, has a hidden nice side but rarely shows this...even outrightly denying that she has such side, especially towards those she may harbor a crush on or have feelings for. This restaurant owner, despite being a great chef, hates cheese and cheese-flavored anything with a burning passion, as it reminds her of her ex-lover, Francois, too much.

Anything Else: Just...don't make her eat anything outrightly cheesy or cheese-flavored. She also has an adoptive little brother named Felice (A Garchomp. 3 years younger than her. He's 19, she's 22) as well as a circle of close friends whom she probably would invite or call up from time to time.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Ahh. Master Merite has told me much about you. Welcome...

(you may send your Secret now. You sent it to me earlier. Never mind that
Still awaiting Justy and Bessy's Secrets)

Myrrh

Name: Seliora
Species: ;429;
Personality: Seliora tends to keep her distance, figuratively and literally. It doesn't really take a whole lot to get her to interact with others though, she simply prefers to do things on her own for the most part. She can be rather oblivious at times, but luckily this hasn't led to any particularly bad situations yet. Is sometimes depressed, but doesn't ever talk to anyone about it. Can be caught talking to herself if one looks out for it.

Last edited:

Pyroli

Banned
Name: Will
Species: :586:

Overall Personality: Will is smart, kind, and rather bold. He's very modest about his traits and doesn't like to gloat about anything he's done. He finds it somewhat difficult to talk with people, and occasionally comes off as a very shy creature. He's very passionate about novels, especially due to being a published writer himself. However, Will isn't one to back down without a fight. He will stand up for his beliefs if he believes something is wrong even if it causes him conflict.

Miscellaneous Information: He's a vegetarian, but won't state this fact outright.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Welcome...do come in...

(Confession time!)

Armando Payne

Holy crap there's already been 3 returning pokemon. (A Blissey, a Hydreigon and a Mismagius, the Mismagius is the only one who isn't exactly the same pokemon (I know because I was Mismagius last time.))

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
(Don't forget about Cherrim, she was a helper last season. Anyway, all of you are welcome to invite friends to play.)

Armando Payne

Yeah, everybody's returning bar my pokemon who's completely different.

LoneTraveller

Stupendous Man
Name: Hondo
Species: ;106;

Overall Personality: Hondo is an easygoing type of guy who likes to coast through life. He doesn't easily get worked up and doesn't train hard, relying instead on natural ability. Hondo won't hold a grudge against others. He's a bit of a pushover, due to the fact that he hates letting his friends down. Often, he will accept invitations only to fail to show up.

Miscellaneous Information: He's a bit of a philosopher, and so doesn't mind losing. He likes meditation, hot cocoa, and origami.

Black War Dragon

Dark Knight
Name: Mason

Species: ;006;

Personality: Despite the obvious deductions that one might claim, Mason is cold-blooded in personality. He generally doesn't care what others think about him; he doesn't follow a set path. Overall, in control of his emotions, this Charizard doesn't care to share his thoughts with others claiming there's no reason to. He enjoys spicy food but hates sweets. He spends an ungodly amount of time alone and that's the way he prefers things. Even though he apparents a complete jerk, deep down inside, Mason cares for others but this sympathetic side shows only under specific circumstances.

Extra: Mason is 20 years of age. He loves battles and faces every challenge like it's his last.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
Bienveillance welcomes you..

(Send in your Secrets)

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
(double post. I'm pushing for 20 contestants for diversity. That's why I'm encouraging invites.)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Heh, this should be drama-filled, considering Bessy and Lovina. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.