• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Secrets From Out of the Fog! (779)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm kind of glad he got owned. It looks like it leads into the training he has in the next episode.
Why does Pignite even need a training episode? It's Snivy that needs something desperately

Why does Pignite even need a training episode? It's Snivy that needs something desperately

Because people like me would love to watch Ash's fire-types train together, and Snivy getting trained by Charizard is downright silly. Plus the writers don't care about statistics fans make.

Reason enough?

Pignite's fainting was really a surprise. But hey Charizard throwing away Pignite in the preview is priceless. I think the writers threw Pignite here for the next episode. Lo, at Oshawott's expression when Pignite faints. It was like 'That could be me!!'

And at the same moment Cilan puts a hand on his head. Pignite definitely fainted because of the collision between Pansage and Magnezone's attacks.

Last edited:

knux-the-killer

The seven sages appeared.
That makes the Shadow Triad the only notable members of Team Plasma yet to debut.
That if they ever will.
I don't care if my concern is underrated but...I feel like underestimating anime Ghetsis since now arresting him will be a piece of cake.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Just watched the episode, it was interesting and great, though it would be better if I could understand what was going on. I liked the flashbacks about N's backstory and the conflict with Team Plasma was great, though I would have rather seen Charizard battle instead of Pignite. Team Rocket also didn't blast off again and their actions in the preview for the next episode looks interesting. I'm also surprised that N left the group with Athena and Concordia. Also was that building N's Castle or Dragonspiral Tower? I give this episode a 9/10

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Hey the sages were shown in the flashback. Pretty cool reference to the Black and White intro.

Ikr? If we're lucky and the unexpected keeps happening, then we might just get to see all members of Team Plasma; including the Shadow Triad! Now, I'm also hoping for Team Plasma's Plasma Frigate to appear at the climax. XD

Oh man, so far this story arc has been great with a lot surprising things keep on going on.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Besides the adapted origin story, I liked this episode.

It was cool to see N's Castle with the Seven Sages, and the burned out castle at the end. I think the battle against Team Plasma was the best faceoff so far as well. Muk and Magnezone were cool to see battle. Pansage got a win and even better, Pignite got killed!

Best scene was Axew getting defensive when the Pidove wing slapped Iris. Adorable.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Oh man, Little N. So adorable <3

Otherwise, I wish I knew Japanese, because I really didn't follow on what was going on this episode. Glad to see TRio was pretty nonexistent this episode.

Liepard's expressions were amazing. I was loling the whole time. And it was nice to see Oshawott, he's so cute.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Really writers -_-?? Killing Pignite so Pikachu can get another win?? Da fuq lol.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Really writers -_-?? Killing Pignite so Pikachu can get another win?? Da fuq lol.

Pignite got koed because Dent messed up, he countered Magnezone attack and Pignite was in the middle of both attacks so basicly he got koed by both of them, Dent is actually like "oh crap sorry" with his hands in his head after it happens, still they could have made Oshawott beat it, Dent beats one alone, Iris beats one alone, Satoshi needs Pignite, Oshawott and Pikachu, anyway no big deal plot stuff, I actually though it was funny because of Dent reaction haha and you know I like Pignite so I'm not hating.

I was also suprised that Oshawott didn't take that role and look silly as usual, so I actually praise them on this decision.

Atleast Pignite did something he hasn't been doing much this arc, its been Oshawott and Pikachu mostly and Boldore/Unfezant in the first episodes.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Pignite was so cute in this episode, little guy thought he could take on a magnezone

loved the episode though, the music was surprisingly good

RVD_fan

This was alright, nothing I really loved. It was nice to finally get N's backstory set up (although it seems odd Ghetsis didn't get his BW1 attire in the flashback), but I didn't really care for the two girls.

The battle was kind of odd, I don't think Liepard or Muk used a single move after Muk's initial mud bomb. Magnezone is always nice to see, but the fact that it belonged to a Grunt means we probably won't see Colress using one, or any of his own Pokemon for that matter.

Hopefully next week they can pick up the pace a bit.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Pignite got koed because Dent messed up, he countered Magnezone attack and Pignite was in the middle of both attacks so basicly he got koed by both of them, Dent is actually like "oh crap sorry" with his hands in his head after it happens, still they could have made Oshawott beat it, Dent beats one alone, Iris beats one alone, Satoshi needs Pignite, Oshawott and Pikachu, anyway no big deal plot stuff, I actually though it was funny because of Dent reaction haha and you know I like Pignite so I'm not hating.

I was also suprised that Oshawott didn't take that role and look silly as usual, so I actually praise them on this decision.

Atleast Pignite did something he hasn't been doing much this arc, its been Oshawott and Pikachu mostly and Boldore/Unfezant in the first episodes.

But giving it to Pikachu is what I have a problem with, like seriously -_-...

CupidKirby

Great episode. I've been really impressed with how the cliffhangers have been ending these past two episodes. Sure they did some back in Best Wishes Season 1 but they weren't anymore cliffhangers than sticking the intro of the next episode onto the ending. Now this is what I'm talking about. Just the perfect thing to do for the climax of the N arc. A couple points:

- Am I the only one who found Gardevoir being all "don't dex me" funny? Ash needs to learn.
- Some much deserved character development for our main hero in BW, finally.
- I remember thinking "wow, Ash is using is brain!" when he sent out Pignite and the first thing he called was a flamethrower to the face. Just for Pignite to get OHKO'd. See this is why Ash doesn't use his brain.
- Ah. It's been a while since I outright laughed at Cilan's antics. He just hasn't been getting much attention past his usual stuff lately. I would've liked if they put more emphasis on his reaction because I missed it the first time.
- It's great that Ash, Iris, and Cilan each got a win here. Somehow that's just really fitting.
- The music placement this episode was very well done. I actually felt sad that N was leaving.
- Like someone else said, I'm glad Team Rocket didn't do much this episode. I was almost dreading they'd jump in and ruin things but instead they're staying quiet. That's interesting.
- Charizard pwning Pignite? Yes please. Now if only Snivy would learn a new fudging move.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I loved this episode because it focused on my two favorite characters; Prince N and Oshagod. I just loved learning about N's past. It's so sad how he lived through such tragedies; he's come a long way. I wasn't pleased with Team Plasma finding Ash and friends though. It seemed too convenient and it sort of messed up the momentum. Oh well, at least Oshagod appeared and was entertaining. I just loved how he climbed on one of Ash's shoulders; it was such an iconic gesture. The animation looked really good and I thought those Pidove were so adorable. I'm just wondering what that building was at the end of the episode.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved this episode because it focused on my two favorite characters; Prince N and Oshagod. I just loved learning about N's past. It's so sad how he lived through such tragedies; he's come a long way. I wasn't pleased with Team Plasma finding Ash and friends though. It seemed too convenient and it sort of messed up the momentum. Oh well, at least Oshagod appeared and was entertaining. I just loved how he climbed on one of Ash's shoulders; it was such an iconic gesture. The animation looked really good and I thought those Pidove were so adorable. I'm just wondering what that building was at the end of the episode.
I'm guessing it's either N's castle or Dragonspiral tower. Hopefully it's the former.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I really enjoyed this episode. The N focus was great, my favorite scene was the scene with N as a kid surrounded by the pairs of Fire and Normal types. N certainly was a scrawny child and regarding Verbena and Helena a.k.a the Goddesses. I never found them to be interesting characters at all but I, surprisingly, really liked their presence here. There animosity toward Satoshi-tachi and all was great and I liked seeing Satoshi so unnerved by how untrustworthy they and the Pokemon were toward them, always nice to see some personality out of the kid. The Chillarmy, Gardie, and Sir Knight were my favorite Pokemon of the episode. Gothiruselle and Sir Knight in-general were nice, two human-shaped feminine spiritual Psychics for them.

I kinda WTFed at Yanappu accidentally knocking out Chaobu, it just seemed like a comedy not needed scene at all. Speaking of comedy I'm glad Mijumaru wasn't annoying this episode, no obnoxious behavior or surplus of face faults. He actually helped get the wild Pokemon to trust the group along with Kibago and Pikachu. Gotta love how defensive Kibago got at the Mamepato slapping its wing at Iris. The music was great and heartfelt and the overall back story and scenes about N's past were great. Oh and the Grunts were named Angie and Brad, nice subtle reference to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Great to see Doryuzu and Yanappu get wins, they both could use them.

Thus this ends on a cliffhanger, Episode N continues on its streak of greatness and doesn't let up one bit nor disappoint. Speaking of which, I'm so glad TR didn't jump out and do anything this episode. It's that after all these years the writers know when Team Rocket are not needed in scenes.(Shinou League Naoshi Battle*cough*)

N's past is really coming full circle, so much depth and emotion in 22 minutes. Pleasantly surprised at the lack of Lizardon, no need for him to be in every episode. Plus Chaobu is a cool guy.