• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*sectionresults* - read it all you stupid mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
section opinion thread 4th gen section october 22:
(nowadays pushed down by closed topics)

I think it's pretty much back in the same place the last time this type of thread was posted. A bunch of closed threads that could be merged/soft deleted*/physically removed push back the handful of good threads.

The Battle Hall (Battle Tower rankings for D/P and Battle Frontier rankings for Plat) are something like on page 3 and page 12. Ironically, a lot of threads cluttering up are Battle Tower advice and strategies, which get closed and stay there to "remind" us what a bad thread looks like.

Now, this isn't really the fault of either the forum users or the staff. There's a good number of topics that seem to overlap My Dppt Games and DPpt Discussion. Tier placements, roles of Pokemon, threads related to breeding, and threads discussing plot points seem to be tolerated in both sections.

So I think clearly defining what each section actually is for would help:

4th gen discussion: This is the place you would go to discuss topics directly related to the games, basically the plot. In-Game character discussion, sprite designs, and so on. I think Game Help would be fine here too.

Pokemon D/P/Plat Discussion: Basically anything beyond the games. EV training, breeding, tier discussion, battle tactics, Battle Tower/Frontier, etc...

--Sub-forum My Dppt Ga,es Polls: Any topic that gets those three word answers (What nature did your Flower Paradise Shaymin get?, for example), very little to no discussion.

Now, concerning this forum:

Even if the Game Help stays here, I don't think D/P and Plat need two different threads at this point. Most of the questions asked can be applied to either game, and in the rare circumstance that it can't, the poster can specify.

Can we please get rid of the closed threads that just clutter up the page? I know staff will still see them, but at least soft-delete them, please? It takes forever if I want to find a thread that's last post was...5 days ago because it's behind 4 pages of "Where do I find X, Y, or Z?" threads.

While I've been vocal about keeping the # of stickied threads down, I think this would be a good set up:

Game Help for D/P/Plat
Battle Hall Rankings for D/P/Plat.
EV Training guide and help thread.
Rules.
Is my Pokemon hacked?

The hack check thread actually has good discussion in it, and isn't just yet another +1 post count thread like most Polls threads are.

Really, it's no better or worse than a few months ago. The same problem is still there: the number of closed threads cluttering the forum.

EDIT: I know it's not too bad right now on page 1, but it's pretty obvious a number of them are going to get closed soon. I did notice a couple of moves or meres, but it'd be nice without the re-direct (unless that's some sort of admin policy, which is completely understandable)

BTW, how come when a mod closes a thread, they just don't delete the thread. Not like an old and long thread, but a thread about "Where can I find (insert thing here)?"

The good threads are being crowded out by junk! I am becoming quite disturbed. I believe that making the threads sticky might be a good answer, but people can just post in the good threads to save them.

Either way, something needs to be done!

EDIT: Basically the same thing is happening to the general 4th Gen Discussion!

You joined...earlier this month. I'm not saying OLD SCHOOL POSTERS 4 LYFE D00DZ because I didn't join that long ago either. But just because this is a +1postcount forum when you join doesn't make it good.

What closed forums? I doubt any closed forums are available to the general public.

As for what you said s.i.e, I know Miscellaneous tends to have forum specific mods. I don't know if they actually are forum specific mods, or they're actually Smods who just generally hang out in Misc. It's a different culture there, and it's good that they have someone who understands it monitoring them. But there doesn't seem to be an equivalent of that here.

BUT THIS ISN'T A SUGGESTION FOR AN INCREASE OF MODS, or more infractions or whatever. That's not my place to suggest, and I don't think there's any reason for it.

It's really a fairly simple solution to a fairly simple problem. Instead of letting a thread stay on page 1, closed, for days on end, merge the useful post in the appropriate thread, or soft delete/physically remove it.

it's both, some Smods hang around there but there are also guys like ethan (babylon) and grumpy old man who take care of both the rules and the social atmosphere.

anyway, it's clear of what we ask from the mods but it was already proposed before, i was told that the mods wanted the members to see all the closed threads as a warning that spam will not be tolerated here.
however i was also told that if it would't work after the release of pokemon platinum in the US that the idea would be reconsidered.

that happened around the time that my D/P games section was still new.

battlefrontier rankinghall coversation, 6 november:
(before moving)

Wow it seems that this thread is having some trouble getting activity from what I'm reading in these most recent posts so I'd gladly help in anyway I can because between you and me I enjoy reading the posts of other battle frontier battlers experiences in the different facilities. I haven't been in the frontier scene for a while but, I plan to start back up again. Go Battle Frontier Ranking Hall Thread and all who post in it!

thanks, any help is welcome here.
my first best hope is to get this stuff sticky'd to begin with, sadly without a mod i can't do much i'm afraid.

i need this thread to stay alive while i attempt some things. the only mod that seems to pay attention to this problem is skittyonwailord.

Then why can't he/she make this thread stickied or does there have to be a uniform vote among all the mods which seems kind of messed up in a sense.

I was right after all. This thread is bound to cease anytime soon...thanks to this thread moving to the one section I anticipated.

Looks like we're done for...unless we do something about it.

Join the movement.

It's like the mods are deaf to our pleas. Management is slow in this forum. I sent a PM to Erik, SoW, Ellie, and Shining Mew a few days ago. No response from any of them.

Count me in.

Well, this is probably me, but mods tend to be ignorant for unknown reasons. But as long as this thread is in this section, it'll turn into a complete waste sooner or later (just like what happened to the D/P Battle Tower Ranking Hall). Not like anyone is gonna pay attention to this thread in the 'My D/P/Pt Games' section (or better yet, the entire section). If it were in the usual spot as before, then we'd have a few people visiting our thread from time to time.

those mother****ers!
and again without a warning while my back is turned, what on earth are they thinking doing stuff like this!!!

somebody is making things personal.

NOTE:
within this period of time i send to moderators: 3 PM's, 8 VM's and made a thread to ask people about their opinions in hope to get some attention, merely 2 VM's got responded on by skittyonwailord and the thread got screwed up by postcount+1 with some exceptions.

there was also a sig signingaction held:
If you don't want the Platinum Battle Frontier Ranking Hall Thread to die, copy and paste this into your signature to get the mods to sticky it. Smogon has theirs stickied, it's time Serebii did the same. (Started by Vaporeon4evr, Assistant Threadmaintainer)

4 people have been confirmed carrying this in their sig before the rankinghall got moved.

allright then that concludes the intro, all this and alot more has been going on among regular visiting members who visit this site for quite a long time, and i'm asking you mods now, why on earth did all this go unnoticed and unanswered?

why is it possible that things only seem to be staying worse after all those PM's, VM's, topics, and talk among individual members who all seem to be bothered by the same problem?

somebody ****ing answer this!

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Making whiney threads isn't the way to get the mods to respond. Did you ever think that maybe we're busy and have to decide on stuff? No, of course not, we're supposed to respond right away.

The thread isn't getting a sticky and is staying in My DPPt Games. End of discussion. No more whining threads.

Do you even understand what the point of sticking a thread is?

We stick threads that are important or frequently made/discussed to benefit everyone or a large group of people. Shiny thread, help thread, breeding thread, EVs, etc. These all reach out to very large topics in the Pokemon World.

Clearly the thread youre flipping out about does not draw in a large group of viewers. We dont stick threads purely on the fact that it "will die." A grand total of 4 people have a line about it in their sigs? We will not stick a thread because 4 out of hundreds of active users are afraid it will drop in pages. Less than 10 people =/= a large group of users.

"All you stupid mods" ... what a perfect way to go about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.