• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Seeing Is Believing (304)

Vernikova

Champion
The real stars of this episode was Birch and the Seedot. Seriously, I don't remember my first reaction to Seedot when I first watched this episode a decade ago but leading up to me re-watching this episode I had a terrible opinion of the design of this Pokemon. After this episode, I like them a little more but their design is still hideous.

7threst

Jessie was so full of her obliviousness that her "Silcoon" was going to evolve in an Beautifly. I really was happy to see that this short-Pokémon rivalry came to a splitting conclusion for both May and Jessie. I liked this episode because it was a significant mark in May's development as an future Pokémon coordinator.

It was hilarious how Jessie suddenly loved Dustox like that. :)

I'm still confused on what happens to get Cascoon/Silcoon. What is the mechanic exactly? (game-wise, so off-topic)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought it was cute when Birch was examining everyone's Pokemon and Lotad snubbed him. Birch rolling on the ground with the Seedot was adorable as well and cackled when Jessie trained her Cascoon against Meowth and Cacnea thinking that it would evolve into Beautifly, only for it to evolve into a Dustox instead. Jessie seemed content though.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I loved Jessie's reactions throughout the episode.I was very surprised to see that she was happy to see her Dustox rather than getting mad at it.It was nice to see two evolutions in the episode. ^^

DatsRight

Birch being with the friend was great. I think he was the best professor ever. No one has mantioned Jessie's Dustox. Although people don't like it, I do. It very fits his trainer, Jessie.

I kinda felt sorry for TR's Dustox throughout her tenure. She represented the trio's underdog status against the twerps very well. She was loyal and well behaved as a Wurmple, while May's was badly trained and did nothing but eat and sleep. May still automatically got the 'better' more popular Pokemon that, just by belonging to a hero, always won battles and contests while Dustox was doomed to lose despite her greater tenancy, even when her trainer wasn't precisely being 'evil'.

I was glad she was allowed to leave finally getting some proper recognition from someone other than Jessie.

So yeah, I'd be more inclined to evolve an underdog Dustox than a silver spoon fed Beautifly any day.

I must say that Meowth is one convincing Beautifly. Him and James are shrewd players. XD

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I didn't expect Silcoon and Cascoon to evolve so fast, and I liked how Meowth dressed up as a Beautifly all cuz he was scared of how Jessie would react when she saw that Cascoon had become a Dustox. :D

Gillachu

Banned
The real stars of this episode was Birch and the Seedot. Seriously, I don't remember my first reaction to Seedot when I first watched this episode a decade ago but leading up to me re-watching this episode I had a terrible opinion of the design of this Pokemon. After this episode, I like them a little more but their design is still hideous.

Meh, I still think that Seedot is as boring as dirt and Birch was equally as needless.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought this episode was enjoyable. I liked how Musashi still stubbornly thought that her Mayuld was a Karasalis and how she just wouldn't listen to Kojiro and Nyasu's comments regarding it. And I thought it was really cool how Masato got all giddy because of that one Taneboh with the leaf. Haruka's team was stale to me up until her Karasalis evolved into an Agehunt, so I was relieved by that.

Zamin

This was so cool, it was great to see Cascoon and Silcoon evolve. It was also nice that Birch was around for another ep. He would be really hot in real life!

It was funny when Meowth dressed up as Beautifly. Team Rocketr can be funny sometimes, I would like for them to win one day though, they do have a lot of bad luck.

STICKTOPIA

Jessie's reaction was unbelievable. It's very interesting how both wurmples evolved at the same time but into different Pokemon. Meowth posing as beautifly was funny, although idk how he was gonna pull that off. When I first saw this when it came out, I thought meowth grabbed mays beautifly.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I loved the wackiness here. My favorite part being when James covered Dustox and Meowth pretended to be Beautifly to hide it from Jessie, which was pointless, but still.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was so cool, it was great to see Cascoon and Silcoon evolve. It was also nice that Birch was around for another ep. He would be really hot in real life!

I didn't think Odamaki-hakase offered much to this episode's plot, other than when he examined the soil at the end of the episode and determined that the various Taneboh would thrive in that part of the island. So I was kind of relieved that Odamaki-hakase left the cast at the end of the episode before overstaying his welcome.

Daizy

I call you honey
Jessie's reaction was unbelievable. It's very interesting how both wurmples evolved at the same time but into different Pokemon. Meowth posing as beautifly was funny, although idk how he was gonna pull that off. When I first saw this when it came out, I thought meowth grabbed mays beautifly.

Jessie liking Dustox made me LOL because she seemed so smitten with it even though Dustox looks ugly. That says so much about Jessie's taste in Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jessie liking Dustox made me LOL because she seemed so smitten with it even though Dustox looks ugly. That says so much about Jessie's taste in Pokemon.

Dokucale isn't that hideous from my vantage point. It looks odd in contrast to Agehunt, yet Musashi liking it seemed so fitting since she tends to like Poison-types.

Funny episode. I'm surprised that Jessie liked Dustox from the beginning