• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Seeing" Pokemon

knossas

Magnus Vir Pokemonis
I am quite close to completing my National Pokedex and had the idea of getting the remaining pokemon off GTS. However, logging onto the GTS and a quick Google search showed that only pokemon you have "seen" can be traded for.

As I have gone through the map on Diamond multiple times, I have "seen" all the pokemon possible. I was wondering if there were any other ways of seeing them. One that occurred to me was doing battles over Wi-Fi, but I may be wrong. Any suggestions would be great.

razor fire

All pokemon seen over wi-fi (as long as it is not a trade) are not counted in the dex.
You'll need to trade for the missing pokemon if you want to see them all. You will have to trade with someone over the wi-fi club as you can't trade for unseen pokemon at the GTS.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
i'd say hit the trade forum & do trade/trade backs (or "TB's") with people to complete your pokedex

it's frustrating that the battle tower doesn't add pokemon to your dex - it would give even more of an incentive

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
you will need to migrate them from previous gen. games

or like mentioned before just hit the trade forums...thats how i completed mine=]

Calm PokeMaster

Unfortunately,you get see Pokemon in the following ways:

Wi-FI battles
Battle Frontier battles
GTS

It is unfair that only people with working Wi-Fi connections can complete the Pokedex.

BadDreams

Totally agree with Pokemaster, i got no wi-fi cuz internet got changed :(

BadDreams

Totally agree with Pokemaster, i got no wi-fi cuz internet got changed :(

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You don't need Wi-Fi to complete the Dex.

All you need is DPPt, HG/SS, and multiple DS systems.

Wi-Fi helps, a lot, but it isn't required.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
All you need is the 2nd gen, 3rd gen and of course the 4th gen.

Arceus1308

Megafan of Pokemon
all gen 3 & 4 games

Gallade20772

GAME OVER.
Swarms?

Do I or do I not remember about swarms? If you need an event pokemon I got a Lv 80 arceus ready for trade... Swarms rock. ;222;;222;;222;<----- I caught one o' these!