• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Seeking Shelter from the Storm! (817)

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Deus Ex Machina? I don't see it anywhere, to eb honest.

Ellie was unforshadowed, came out of nowhere at the end to resolve the unfinished business of finding what happened to the old lady that the gang offered to do before she came along, saved the house from demolition, and spirited Espurr away back to Lisa (her grave that is), resolving its primary character motivation that started the whole plot of the episode in the first place.

If that isn't a Deus ex machina I don't know what is.

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
Considering how obvious it seemed that the grandma was dying, I don't think much will be done to water it down more effectively than it already has. I too am curious to see how this will be treated.

Tsk.

I'm still willing to bet they'll do something stupid like Ellie saying the grandma went to a different region or something. Dont underestimate how far some dubs will go to undermine death and violence.

LizardonX

Banned
Tsk.

I'm still willing to bet they'll do something stupid like Ellie saying the grandma went to a different region or something. Dont underestimate how far some dubs will go to undermine death and violence.

Grandma was sent to the shadow realm.

Raptor_Crow

I lied to you all
Tsk.

Yeah just like they changed deaths in the Pokémon mov-wait, no they didn't, they just never say "die" and that's it.

TPCI will most likely have Ellie say her grandma is "no longer with them", just like she says in the Japanese version.

Squirtle_007

It was a nice episode and Serena was adorable saying spooky things just to excuse herself a second later, I don't know why, but I think the part with the grandma on stairs will be edited in the US version and they won't use the word "death" in the dub, even if it was kinda obvious.
Team Rocket being just there is always annoying, poor Pumpkaboo, it didn't even shared a little bit of Inkay's battle skills that disappeared this time,.
But my main grief was how the animators butchered Espurr's gimmick making it smile and showing it's emotions (¬_¬), now there is no excuse, the Pokémon Amié feature portrayed perfectly all of Espurr's emotions following it's Pokédex entry and the animators killed it, seeing Espurr smiling and being openly sad made me glad nobody got it, good job, animators :mad:

The only thing I liked about this episode was when the Grandma died and they made it (slightly) emotional, which was nice.

Apart from that, ugh, bad episode: not as bad as the last three that preceded it, though. TR were the worst, though, just being plain annoying and feeling like they're there for the sake of being there in this episode.

Oh well, at least XY014 was a step in the right direction in my eyes.

Yeah just like they changed deaths in the Pokémon mov-wait, no they didn't, they just never say "die" and that's it.
I think anyone who has even the slightest amount of common sense could tell "gone" pretty much meant "died" in said films' dubs, and it's really obvious to figure it out.

Last edited:

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
The only thing I liked about this episode was when the Grandma died and they made it (slightly) emotional, which was nice.

Apart from that, ugh, bad episode: not as bad as the last three that preceded it, though. TR were the worst, though, just being plain annoying and feeling like they're there for the sake of being there in this episode.

Oh well, at least XY014 was a step in the right direction in my eyes.

I think anyone who has even the slightest amount of common sense could tell "gone" pretty much meant "died" in said films' dubs, and it's really obvious to figure it out.

Dude, is there anything you like at all about any of the XY episodes or do you just like to complain? It wasn't that bad at all for just a filler episode. I like Espurr and I'm glad they were shown as a bit spooky more than cute. At least someone finally agrees that TR is becoming annoying like they were years ago. I wonder what made some people finally realize it now after all this time?

Dude, is there anything you like at all about any of the XY episodes or do you just like to complain? It wasn't that bad at all for just a filler episode. I like Espurr and I'm glad they were shown as a bit spooky more than cute. At least someone finally agrees that TR is becoming annoying like they were years ago. I wonder what made some people finally realize it now after all this time?

Dude, have you even seen my post in the XY015 thread before this one? I can complain if I want to about certain episodes I don't like, you know, and I like to complain when nearly everything in episode thread is literally blissful ignorance of the XY Series' faults. I don't care if it was filler or not: I didn't like the episode in general and felt it was bland and offered nothing new, tbh. I don't care much for Espurr, but I guess it was okay.

I realized they were annoying beyond belief in DP, and sadly this seems to have returned in XY.

Last edited:

Venomfang

Perky Goth
A great episode. I honestly haven't enjoyed an episode of the anime for a very long time, but this one was fabulous! Espurr should have been captured though.

It was also nice to see Inkay and Pumkaboo. Mark my words, they WILL evolve.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Elite Four battle theme, I really like it. I hope they keep using it & not just for creepy/mysterious scenes, I'd like to see it in a battle or two. Even though Team Rocket were in it, it was tolerable. Bonnie was just intrigued by the Espurr instead of scared like the older guys.xD There's just something about the XY Group that enjoy more than others. For a filler episode, I enjoyed it.

Supersonicbro

So I just watched the episode with subs (yes I know it's not 100% accurate). And i like the episode even more. Two things that got improved with the subtitles were the story of the pendant and team rocket.

The pendant apparently was a gift from the old lady's husband who probably died at that point so it made the pendant a lot more special in the story.

And team rocket were actually smart in this episode, when they found espurr and figured out it was the one to blame for everything, instead of first trying to blindly catch it, they actually tried to solve the problem AND THEN when they found out that they would have to find the old lady, they couldn't be bothered to do all that work, so then they decided to try to catch it. Which kinda makes them still seem selfish as usual but still give them a bit of humanity trying to help espurr first.

DoctorDark

Dang it! I was hoping Ash was gonna catch Espurr but then this b**** heir comes out of nowhere and swipes it. Will Ash ever get a Psychic type?

The same time he ever gets an actual decent dragon type :(

(Still sad he never evolved his gible. *grumble grumble grumble*)

At least someone finally agrees that TR is becoming annoying like they were years ago. I wonder what made some people finally realize it now after all this time?

Its because at least in the first 2/3rds of the Black and White series they were actually doing something (which is why I found TR ok in Black and White despite the series as a whole being rather annoying). They didn't come out every episode and when they did they didn't just get autoblown to the sky. That and they weren't 1/2 of all the filler episodes and do the same crap again and again. Now they are starting to repeat the same Team Rocket annoying crap as in the Gen 4 series -___-

So far I think at least for X and Y they got the character formula right (I kinda like all of the side characters for once: Bonnie is cute, Serena is endearing, Clemont is kinda derpy in a nerdy way but not overly so). I just wish they would transition to the Black and White formula for Team Rocket and I think I would like the whole season a lot more.

Last edited:

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
So I just watched the episode with subs (yes I know it's not 100% accurate). And i like the episode even more. Two things that got improved with the subtitles were the story of the pendant and team rocket.

The pendant apparently was a gift from the old lady's husband who probably died at that point so it made the pendant a lot more special in the story.

And team rocket were actually smart in this episode, when they found espurr and figured out it was the one to blame for everything, instead of first trying to blindly catch it, they actually tried to solve the problem AND THEN when they found out that they would have to find the old lady, they couldn't be bothered to do all that work, so then they decided to try to catch it. Which kinda makes them still seem selfish as usual but still give them a bit of humanity trying to help espurr first.

This is why I think we need to wait for a good sub or even the dub episode to have a proper opinon. I've found that every episode I watched subbed or dubbed of XY, I find the episode more enjoyable than before. It wasn't really that way in DP or BW to me, but so far I've enjoyed pretty much all the episodes XY has shown so far except for XY015 which I still need to see.

It's the little things that make a filler episode enjoyable. Like Ash and friends being creeped out and trying to think of what is going on in the mansion. Clemont is scared out of his mind but tries to convince himself and the others that there's a reasonable explanation, followed by Serena saying something crazy and making everyone feel worse multiple times

I also agree with Supersonicbro that TRio was pretty enjoyable in this episode to me. Also I was laughing at James yelling at Meowth that it wasn't the time for jokes as they're running from Espurr because Jessie said something about a cat monster and Meowth said he's supposed to be that or something.

Espurr was also so adorable in this episode. The perfect amount of cuteness and personality. A nice episode to watch every now and then

Janovy

Banned

RickHoenn

Banned
Janovy, it's the most watched on TV Tokyo above Naruto, Ace of Diamond, Yokai Watch and many others. ^^

But yeah Pokémon XY continues to be a success! hahaha just take a look at that top 6, it's unbeatable lol

Janovy

Banned
Janovy, it's the most watched on TV Tokyo above Naruto, Ace of Diamond, Yokai Watch and many others. ^^
Oh I see, well that certainly is true! xD I didn't get it the first time, sorry.