• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sega Announces "Sega Dreamcast Collection"

Chris

Old Coot
Too bad it's not what most expected.

SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that a packaged compilation of classic titles from SEGA’s popular Dreamcast™ console will hit retail shelves on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PC. The Dreamcast Collection will be available on February 25th 2011 in Europe and February 22nd in North America, February 24th in Australia and February 25th in New Zealand.

The Dreamcast Collection includes the fan favourites Sonic Adventure™, Crazy Taxi™, SEGA Bass Fishing™ and Space Channel 5™: Part 2. Players will get to enjoy four very different Dreamcast experiences, from hopping behind the steering wheel of Crazy Taxi, to taking things a little slower by luring in their fish before catching them hook, line and sinker with SEGA Bass Fishing. Alternatively, take over as intergalactic news reporter Ulala in Space Channel 5: Part 2 and dance your way past the evil Rhythm Rogues, or make it all about speed in Sonic's first Dreamcast outing, Sonic Adventure!

SEGA’s Dreamcast Collection features enhanced graphics for both platforms versions, providing an even more engaging experience. In addition to this, achievements and online leader boards will be available for each game providing a competitive edge and allowing players to prove their skills!

“The Dreamcast console is still remembered as a pioneering console for online gaming,” commented Gary Knight, VP of Marketing at SEGA of America and SEGA Europe “We are delighted to be able to offer to our large community of dedicated fans a collection such as Dreamcast Collection for them to enjoy old favourites on this generation of consoles”.

Dreamcast Collection will be available in Europe in February 2011 for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PC and PC digital download.

I'm honestly surprised it's coming to PC. Perhaps it'll hit Steam? Shockingly, there's no PS3 release.

Chris

Old Coot
If the original GameStop leak is any indication, the package may cost $29.99, making it cheaper than buying all four separately. It's nice they're including digital download and retail purchase for PC, but ultimately blows for anyone who's already picked up the games and PS3 owners, who'll have to buy them separately.

Slick

Banned
Also.
-insert witty comment about the PS3's lack of gaems-

[img139]http://paradoxdgn.com/junk/avatars/trollface.jpg[/img139]

Yeah, I'm going to be buying this. It saves me money because I would buy any sort of Dreamcast game on the XBLA.

Funny thing is though, I still own a Dreamcast with Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure and Sega Bass Fishing. Meh, I'm a sucker for ye olde DC.

Chris

Old Coot
Also saves room on your 360 hard drive. Dreamcast games are generally around 1GB in size.

natie

Mr. F
SEGA Bass Fishing? Really? Lame.

And NO Shenmue? Lame.

/care

Chris

Old Coot
I see you've never even played Sega Bass Fishing. Most people that've complained about it have never even touched it. Granted, the appeal is lessened due to no fishing rod controller, but it was definitely one of the better arcade ports on the Dreamcast.

As for Shenmue, there's no way it'd fit with three additional games on a DVD.

Chris

Old Coot
Oddly enough, I own the fishing rod, but not the actual game itself. I forgot how in the world I managed to get a hold of it, but I do remember having rented Sega Bass Fishing once and finding the arcade version just a few weeks ago.

Leave it to Sega to take basic concepts that sound impossible to base games around and make them fun.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I'm like'n this so far, makes me wanna dust the ol Dreamcast, I wonder how much I can get for it if I sell it.

Well since I brought my Dreamcast on Ebay for 99 pence plus £10 postage totalling the price to £10.99 I am guessing not much.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I would totally buy this collection...

If I had an XBox 360.

[img139]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/2/2d/Feels_bad_man.jpg[/img139]