• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Semiformals, Proms, and other big school dances.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I just had my Semiformal, and it was rather enjoyable. It was a big group, and my friends didn't really get into the groove that easily, but after me and one of them decided to show them up, they finally started having a good time. All in all, it was worth going to, though I do feel sorry for the people who were trying to sleep above us. Scratch that, I was laughing about it.

So, tell me about your experiences, stories, or upcoming school dances. Did you enjoy yours, are you looking forward to it? Did something out of the ordinary occur that is worthy of being told? I'm all ears, do tell :)

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'm still incredibly bitter to the world about being homosexual so I generally don't want to go because "blahblah the world is unfair I can't get a date like a normal high schooler." However I'll probably end up going with friends anyways, because it wouldn't be fair if they really wanted me there and I was just too selfish to go.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I cared less about my high school prom to begin with, so I didn't go my senior year. Best decision I ever made in my entire high school experience, honestly. As an alternative, though, I went to my church's prom. Went in my mom's wedding dress (it's not as fancy as you think it is). Didn't have a date, though, since I asked him out too late, but I still went with some friends. I had fun by the end.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I'm still incredibly bitter to the world about being homosexual so I generally don't want to go because "blahblah the world is unfair I can't get a date like a normal high schooler." However I'll probably end up going with friends anyways, because it wouldn't be fair if they really wanted me there and I was just too selfish to go.

Be proud of who you are. You don't need to stay just because you're not a 'normal high schooler'. You're who you are, and that doesn't mean that anyone is better than you (you're actually probably better than them in that aspect). Also, go for your friends if nothing else. They are what counts the most these days, trust me.

I'm one for being cliche, I know :/

SmartD

I didn't go to the prom. I just don't see the appeal in going to the prom besides talking to people and stuff. And I didn't have a date

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
In 8th grade I went to the Fall Dance at my school. I would've probably had fun, except for the fact that I was the only one out of my friends who didn't have a date. I felt out of the loop.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
In 8th grade I went to the Fall Dance at my school. I would've probably had fun, except for the fact that I was the only one out of my friends who didn't have a date. I felt out of the loop.

I just don't see the appeal in going to the prom besides talking to people and stuff. And I didn't have a date

I didn't get a date for my dance. Heck, most of the freshmen and sophomores didn't have dates, only the cute girls who are my good friends (weird, huh?). Everyone still enjoyed themselves, and a whole bunch still got a 'romantic dance' in. I still think it was a bad idea for the DJ to give those...overactive guys some microphones xD

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
We're having our prom in July sometime. Looking forward to it because it's the last time to probably see everyone. and all the bitch fights there.

MetalVictini

Winning!
I broke my clavicle the day of junior prom. Turns out showing up wearing a sling is a great way to get noticed. Thankfully, senior year went a lot better.

pirate555

Word.
This year's May Ball event at my university college will last from 9pm until 7am in the morning. It costs £130 each, and they sell well over 2000 tickets. That gives you an idea of the budget the organisers have...and how much it'll hurt my pockets. At least my ballgown came cheap from a second-hand charity shop.

They get great music acts though. In the last 2 balls we've had Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder, Miss Dynamite, Maxie Jazz (Faithless) and the Correspondents. This year's show remains a mystery.

The rest of the cost comes from things like free champagne all night, chocolate fountains, free fudge, free laser quest, free dance teaching, free silent disco, free shisha, free everything.

I'm quite excited. I only hope the exams go by painlessly first!

Flame Mistress

Every year, our school has a disco with the boys' school for the Year 7s and 8s. I didn't go because I hate discos (I hate loud music and crowded places in general), and I'm just socially awkward like that. This year the disco was last Friday. On Monday everyone came to school texting to at least one guy from the disco.

This is exactly why I didn't go to the disco.

Well, our school formal is coming up on the 1st of next month, which is in a week and a half. I asked my crush, she said yes, and I'm becoming more clearer and feeling better about my feelings for her. It should be a nice night.

Gladys

~Elite~
The SPPf Prom Thread Drinking Game: Take a drink anytime someone says "Prom is a waste of money" in order to cover up their own self-loathing over not going to prom.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Didn't go. Don't regret the decision.. and yes, it would have been a waste of money. Not because I hate myself, but it literally would have been a waste of money. Why pay for something I don't want to do?

Parody it all you want. You only look like an insensitive asshat in the process.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Went to the winter dance with my mates a few months ago, expecting a lot more than 400 overdressed high-schoolers grinding on each other and fist pumping to terribly remixed current pop music.

Damn me and my high expectations.

The SPPf Prom Thread Drinking Game: Take a drink anytime someone says "Prom is a waste of money" in order to cover up their own self-loathing over not going to prom.

Go away.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Even though I'm really unsocial, and the secondary school prom was a joke, I kinda feel I have to got to the 6th form prom in june, as it's the last time I'll see most of the people there. Can't be bothered renting some fancy suit this time though, so hopefully my uni interview clothes will suffice.

Basically everyone in the year bar me and two others will be old enough to drink now, so maybe something actually interesting will happen this time. Regretably the most likely candidate for such things has been pre-emptively forbidden from coming.