• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sending DS to Nintendo!!!

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
Ive sended my ds lite to nintendo to be fixed does anyone know how long it`ll take?

And its switch was stuck and the top screen colous wrere wrong thing does anyone know and it happened???

Darkdragonmaster

<<<Isn't It Cute!!!
u or sumone else prob dropped it or hit it hard to cause the screen to act that way.
happened with my DS lite, i dropped it and the touch screen konked out, got a refund.

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
Really? that colud make the screen turn red and white?...
Woah..

Typo

been a while
Sheeeesh. Nothing like that has "EVER" happened with my NDS. No, not the lite, an actual NDS. I have dropped in on tiles, in a public restroom, on the street, on the carpet, and the worst thing that happened? My stylus got lost, and the top of my NDS has scratches. Big. Whoop.

I think that the Ds is more sturdy than the DS Lite.

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
Do ya think it wil take long to get fixed?

Munchy.42

I think 2-3 weeks is the time.

Also I'll ask my question here to, instead of making another thread. My DS Lite has a blue line right down the middle of the bottom screen. The pixels in the blue line are not interactive like the bottom screen usually is. Whats the problem with it?

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
Dont really know.. Its like my problem in a way. It will only get worse

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
ARRGGG!!! I forgot to say on the letter what system I got and the colour of my lite

I DONT WANT A PINK ONE OR SOMETHING!

Would that really happen?

BCVM22

ARRGGG!!! I forgot to say on the letter what system I got and the colour of my lite

I DONT WANT A PINK ONE OR SOMETHING!

Would that really happen?

I would think that if the DS Lite you sent in was still under warranty (and if it wasn't under warranty, there would have been no reason to send it in to begin with, but I can never be sure with this place), then they'll repair the unit and send it back to you.

You didn't specify, though, so if you do get a pink one when it comes back, don't complain, just be glad they gave you a working DS.

OverlordPhoros

Needs more Wobbuffet
Nothing wrong if Pink anyway, if you do get one just buy one of those customization kits for it if your that embarrassed by a colour of a handheld console. lol

Twitch

It would be logical that they send you a unit with the same color as the one you sent in. It's not like the people at Nintendo think "Hey, let's send this person a pink DS back, just for laughs".

I hope, anyway.

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
I just hope it will come back to me by saturday it will be gone for 2 weeks by then

Cobalt_Latios

Well, I'm not sure if my NDS Lite is still under warranty(though I'm beginning to think that there wasn't), but I can tell you that my problem is more in the physical aspect and not the "virtual" aspect. You know how the DS Lite works right. The bottom part connects the top part with two little side things that hold the middle section with the mic in. Well, the right side of that(the one with the power monitor thingy) happened to have literally broke off. In other words, the hinge is broken to the point where I'm forced to buy a new one.

However, I bought a protective case that basically uses it's own hinge thing to work with the DS Lite. I'm currently using this in the mean time while I work out a way to get a job to purchase a new DS Lite. Now, I have of course dropped the DS Lite a few times, and that part of the hinge was "drooping" a little and was cracked so I'm guessing that it breaking off was inevitable from the get go. And I've had that thing since it came out last June, so I've had it for a solid year.

In other words, your lucky to be able to receive another DS Lite as opposed to the situation I'm in. The time it takes to get and get back also happens to be in the effect of where you live in proportion to the location of the place you send it too. If the city that you send it too isn't that far from the city/town you live in, expect it in a reasonably short period of time.

People send in their consoles to be repaired all the time. Microsoft probably gets "dead" Xbox360's on a daily basis due to its unstability, or so I've heard.

Don't worry, you'll get it back in due time. It ain't fun to wait, but stuff like this does happen.

~C_L~

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
My friend got it before me...

Now I have to wait till Wednesday becouse of the selfish royal mail on strike

Shy Guy

my DS(not lite) fell like 20 times but old chunky took emm all its still working

my PS2 got broken and it took a week too fix it so i reverted to playing my DS though it was a lot before pkmn diamond came out

It would be logical that they send you a unit with the same color as the one you sent in. It's not like the people at Nintendo think "Hey, let's send this person a pink DS back, just for laughs".

I hope, anyway.

That is correct...
I had to send my original DS in some time ago, and the service centre said that they try to replace it with the same colour, so long as they have them in stock...

But I sort of doubt that they would replace it with a pink one anyway, unless that is what you sent in to be replaced, since it's sort of a 'personal taste' as opposed to the more neutral black and white...

Though I do kind of like the pink one:p

Poke-J

Cant catch me!
I got it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same colour but I got a new one!

Thankyou DHL

AlexPokemon

I are Entei
Yes. In terms of general sturdiness DS>lite. All the lite really does better is having a brighter screen.