• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Senirasushipping [Volkner x Candice] anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

fyl
Well, does anybody support this ship.? This thread is to talk about the relationship between Volkner and Candice. I kind of just started supporting this shipping, but I think it is a pretty good shipping.

Well, I'll start off with a topic: Why do you support this shipping?

Kind of lame topic, but that's all I could think of. 3;

Supporters:
Squirtle #7
Vycksta
honey_clover112
The Yeti
Eefi-chan

Last edited:

Vycksta

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Had to say that. 8D

Anyways, this topic is win. Senirasushipping is my joint all time OTP with Nynaeveshipping and in my eyes there is nobody else for both Volkner and Candice. I've been fangirling, squeeing, forcing my friends to draw me fanart and fanfiction and basically acting like a three year old child over this pair for about nine months... Hell, I even NAMED it bwahahahaha... but I didn't start off as a diehard Senirasushipper from the word go.

I do not see Volkner as a gay man or even a bisexual one. Men are free to fancy him but I don't see him being returning the attraction in any way, shape or form. *kicks away Ignitionshippers cause she's a brat* To me, the humble fangirl of him, Volkner is a closed book who finds it hard to open so to start with I pictured him only opening up to his Luxray, a Pokemon he has had since childhood. So to start off with it was all about Exhallenshipping. But then Candice came to the scene. She's more confident than Volkner. She's sassy. She's bright and cheerful. She's the void that he needs to cheer him up again. I started to picture those two knowing each other since childhood... Candice getting Volkner to be more open... and over time the love develops. He's only bored at the gum cause he can't see his girlfriend much, that's my story anyways.

... and I guess that answers the first topic as well. xD *poses*

Plus I would like to add that I have a Seirasushipping desktop. Very pretty... it has Volkner and Candice watching something in the distance with Volkner keeping Candice in a protective embrace. Too bloody awesome for words.

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
...YAY. IT IS REBORNNNN!

So, I WILL JOIN. And I'm not surprised that big sis replied. XD

And yeah, she pretty much explained why I like Senirasu, haha. So, yeah. Her answer ftw.

I do not see Volkner as a gay man or even a bisexual one. Men are free to fancy him but I don't see him being returning the attraction in any way, shape or form. *kicks away Ignitionshippers cause she's a brat* To me, the humble fangirl of him, Volkner is a closed book who finds it hard to open so to start with I pictured him only opening up to his Luxray, a Pokemon he has had since childhood. So to start off with it was all about Exhallenshipping. But then Candice came to the scene. She's more confident than Volkner. She's sassy. She's bright and cheerful. She's the void that he needs to cheer him up again. I started to picture those two knowing each other since childhood... Candice getting Volkner to be more open... and over time the love develops. He's only bored at the gum cause he can't see his girlfriend much, that's my story anyways.

^Still ftw.

Yeah, I want more plotbunnies for Senirasu...>.>

;006;

Vycksta

Y HILO THAR MY SIS! Shall we polish up that pwnsome Senirasushipping throne? ;D

... and sorry, but you cannot touch my plotbunnies. I only have three and I want to treasure them until I abuse the and write them up. *nod* They are my precious ones ha ha!

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Y HILO THAR, MY BIG SIS. Yes, we shall polish up the dusty-but gonna be shiny- Senirasu thone of ours! *polishes, hums tone* 8D

...noes. I need plotbunny. The only bunnies I have is those pesky dust bunnies below my bed, and a rabbit named Freddie. >.> Kay, I'm joking about Freddie, but NOT the dust bunnies. *sneezes* Now, my cold worsened. >.>

If Candice and Volkner went on a date, where will they go?

I would say maybe er, um..........Floaroma town.(sp pls. on Floaroma?) Ah, the flowers, the oh so yucky PINK flowers. XD

;006;

Alex

fyl
YES! This topic lives! xD

I'm going to agree with honey_clover112 and say Floaroma Town.

Hm, may edit this post with some fan art if I can find some. D:

Last edited:

Yeti

Banned
Oh yay Senirasu! *does dance* Tis such a great ship.
I like it... cause of the constant ramblings of the others. :p It makes sense! Not to mention I need more DP gym ships.

As for a date... Floaroma is for InfraRed IMO, thus, I like Sunyshore and the lighthouse as a good romantic setting. :)

Vycksta

Come on sis, put your back into it! *is polishing away like the extremely diehard Senirasushipper she is* Yanno, if I was into changing my sig there would be a Senirasushipping banner... or maybe I can change it if some lovely person did some more art for me... *plots away*

I want to keep my plotbunnies. Sure, I fear writing both Candice and Volkner out of character and there's also the fact that even one harmless little bit of constructive criticism would send me into a right state, but still. I like them and eventually I will nurture them. I WILL break up the Manashipping and the Energyshipping on FF.net. >B *sics Luxray and Sneasel on them*

*has 27 pieces of Senirasushipping fanart* Trust me, I pester Val tenfold. Her fault for being a damn good artist though.

*think think think*

Let's start with being reasonable. Volkner isn't highly sociable and would rather spend his time tarting up his Gym or talking to his Luxray, so Candice would have to settle for dates around Sunyshore City to start off with. Then when Volkner gets a slight personality change and becomes what he used to be before the lack of challanges... i'm thinking a shared banana split at Snowpoint City, watching the sunset anywhere cause damn I love that cliche and "getting lost" in the mines at Oreburgh, as I DO see Roark, Candice and Volkner as being a trio of very close friends. Hey, they all look around the same age. 8D

*goes off singing*

Angeling

true love
Ooooooh. I just got into this shipping a few days ago (literally), just reminiscing about my recent battle (and victory) over Candice in my restarted Pearl record, and then well, it just struck me of the idea of shipping those two together. And well, what do you know, there's a name for them already! (Thanks, BMGf.) Orion-Sama also said it wasn't a bad idea either for them, so that made me go more for the couple, haha.

Anyway, for the first topic that was in here: Why do you support this shipping?

Well, it might seem random from how I came to liking this shipping, but I really think they could be an adorable couple. I had a few ideas in the back of my head when I think of them, and Vycksta's post was somewhat similar to what I thought of. It'd be something like Candice opening up Volkner more than well, what "you" are supposed to do in the battle. He seems to be tense from most official art, and then Candice is more carefree, chipper, and very focused despite the fact that she's an Ice Gym Leader. The two could be complementing each other too, just helping each other out in just everything in general. Then the two of them could show each other around each other's city, and they could be seen strolling the beach or something in or near Sunyshore City. And also at the top of the lighthouse, 'cause you know how he was seen there looking at the telescope toward the Pokémon League. I don't know, I can be rather sappy, but yeah. They could really be a match together, because they can and will complement each other's personalities. Too similar characters get boring, imo.

Onto the second topic question: If Candice and Volkner went on a date, where will they go?

Hmm, I think my first paragraph there gave the answer to this a bit. But I'd say it might be somewhere around Sunyshore City at first. Perhaps just looking around and holding hands while they either stay silent or talk a bit. If they stay silent, then just to enjoy each other's presence, though I'm guessing that Candice would be the one to ignite conversations most of the time. And then they'd have dinner at the hotel restaurant, but then if it's closed, I guess somewhere in Sunyshore City. I didn't say that first because the games never showed any eating places in the city, and the anime hasn't even reached up to him yet. But anyway, after dinner, they'd return to Sunyshore City, provided they hung out with each other near Volkner's place during the day, and go to the beach. Haha, I'm really into the beaches thing in dates. ^^; But yeah, they'd just ... you know, walk and hold hands, then sit on the sand, with Candice being in Volkner's arms while they stare out into the waves crashing the shore... and the moon shining above them. Err.. yeah..

Um, I think that'd be it. It'd be sweet if they slept together, but not in the sexual sense, mind you. But if it's the first few dates, then no.

So yeah, you guys got yourself a new shipper here. :p I'll try to keep this thread alive too?! Though I have like, no fanarts to show or anything. :( Need some, ha ha.

Last edited:

Vycksta

Eefi-chan said:
But yeah, they'd just ... you know, walk and hold hands, then sit on the sand, with Candice being in Volkner's arms while they stare out into the waves crashing the shore... and the moon shining above them. Err.. yeah..
Holy... something! I actually got my friend MP to draw me a fanart with that exact scene about a month, maybe two months ago now! It's proudly acting as my desktop wallpaper and will be there for a long time; it's a beautiful artwork and Volkner is so protective of Candice in the drawing (( Which is how I see him acting when dating her )) sometimes you'll catch me squeeing at my computer.

Obsessed? Me? Only ten million percent. *is very proud of that too*

Anyways Eefi, welcome to the thread. I know i'm not the owner but hey, you support Senirasushipping and that is always a good thing in my book! *shakes your hand ha ha* ... and as I keep saying, I named the ship. Well just's just say that somebody was on a Volkner ship naming steak (( *gestures at Darksideshipping, DarkAlleyshipping and DarkMasqueshipping* )) and wanted to call the pair DarkIceshipping... *shudders*

Oh yes, just thought i'd let everyone know that while walking home from a shopping spree today the song I was listening to inspired a Senirasushipping plotbunny that I WILL write within the next month. I say within the next month cause i'm a very bad procrastinator when it comes to writing ha ha. ;D

Angeling

true love
Holy... something! I actually got my friend MP to draw me a fanart with that exact scene about a month, maybe two months ago now! It's proudly acting as my desktop wallpaper and will be there for a long time; it's a beautiful artwork and Volkner is so protective of Candice in the drawing (( Which is how I see him acting when dating her )) sometimes you'll catch me squeeing at my computer.

Anyways Eefi, welcome to the thread. I know i'm not the owner but hey, you support Senirasushipping and that is always a good thing in my book! *shakes your hand ha ha* ... and as I keep saying, I named the ship. Well just's just say that somebody was on a Volkner ship naming steak (( *gestures at Darksideshipping, DarkAlleyshipping and DarkMasqueshipping* )) and wanted to call the pair DarkIceshipping... *shudders*

Oh yes, just thought i'd let everyone know that while walking home from a shopping spree today the song I was listening to inspired a Senirasushipping plotbunny that I WILL write within the next month. I say within the next month cause i'm a very bad procrastinator when it comes to writing ha ha. ;D
Oh wow, really?! But it's really a nice scenery though, whether to fantasize about them or have it actually drawn out. I could totally see Volkner as being protective of Candice while dating her, and also missing her greatly when they both have to be separated due to gym leader duties. Sounds like a really cute wallpaper though. I'd also squee at my own computer if I had something as sweet and romantic as that. XD

And haha, being obsessed with this is fun though. :3 Oh, and yeah, I was told that you came up with the name. What inspired the name of Senirasushipping for those two anyway? But thanks for the welcome anyway! It's a rather sweet name, and at first, I thought it'd be a while to get used to, but it wasn't. Easy and whatnot. I blame learning Japanese, ha ha.

Ooooh! That sounds awesome. Having been inspired by a song for a plotbunny is always awesome. It's alright about procrastinating on writing fanfiction. I do the same, haha, and even for more important things like school. But yeah, I should also try a one-shot for Senirasushipping, but then my current workload is way too much right now, so maybe during the Thanksgiving break or my winter vacation, I'll do that. I also have my own Shinou fic to work on, but I'll work on an idea for Senirasushipping one-shot! Including sweet songs and all that... Hmm. Time to get in the thinking mode during my train rides.

I shall help keep this thread alive!

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Come on sis, put your back into it! *is polishing away like the extremely diehard Senirasushipper she is*

I AM! I AM!! *polishes hard like the Senirasu fan she is* Whee, I'd been a little lae on all of this!

Like, same. XD *still polishes*

Well, I think they could get lost in the mines too, Roark and GARDENIA went along. *is the die-hard Mossshipper she is*

Welcome, Eefi-chan and The Yeti~

;006;

Alex

fyl
Haha, sorry for not posting. [/lazy]

Anyway, welcome The Yeti and Eefi-chan, it's always good to have more supporters in a thread. I'm glad that this thread is not dead. Anyway, I have yet to get my greedy hands on some fan art, but when I find some, I'll be sure to post it. Anyway, I think it's time for a new topic: What's a good song that describe this shipping?

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Haha, I was busy. *excuse for her being lazy and also for her laptop breaking dow-* Hahaha!

What's a good song that describe this shipping?

I'm not very good at songs. >.> I'm really sorry. Um, how about this...er, Passion by Hikaru Utada? Or maybe, Contagious by Avril?

;006;

Vycksta

@ Eefi: It seems like a case of "great minds think alike" then! I too have them down as being gutted when seperated, but at the same time they know that it would be the case and anyway, absence (( Sp? )) makes the heart grow fonder. I personally find that saying to be 100% true in all aspects of life.

The name... well, it's really from my personal point of view. Senirasu was a Mortal Kombat character I made up when I was about 11, maybe 12... a girl that controls lightning. I just thought that it would be fitting for the pair... and anything really is better than DarkIceshipping. I wouldn't even use that on a Sneasel ship! xD

As for the song plotbunny, I wouldn't say the song is exactly romantic, but it's a song that kinda sorta tells a story and if I put my over-active imagination to it I think it will turn out well. *nod nod* I plan to write it after writing some Stylistshipping (( Candice x Sneasel, why yes I am biaed bwahahaha ))... so hopefully it'll be done in about a fortnight?

@ Honey: Yes you have but i'm sure I can forgive you. ;D *pat pat* ... and yanno, that is a good fic idea! Candice and Volkner visit Roark and Gardenia at Oreburgh and they all go to the mines! Cue Candice and Volkner getting lost et voila? xD

As said, I see Roark, Candice and Volkner being a trio of close friends... but for you Gardenia can fit in as well. xD;;;

@ squirtle #7: I wish you the best of luck in finding some fan-art. I have desperately tried but have failed, hence why I get my friend Val to draw away and keep the Senirasushipper in me happy.

I suppose the song that gave me the plotbunny is a good song to decribe a time in their relationship that could eventually happen... but my answer will be Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall. In my mind, Candice first developes feelings towards Volkner and because he is so busy with rennovating (( Sp? )) his gym/feel bored with life he doesn't notice... then one day it hits him. The song isn't exactly romantic but it gets my point across fairly well.

Angeling

true love
Thank you, thank you, for the welcoming. :] I also don't have any fanart on it and can't seem to know where to find them... Blah.

Umm, umm... I'll have to come back later on this. ^^;; Sorry, I'm also not that good with songs either. Hehe, I can only/usually think of songs for other shippings, but just give me some time and let me listen to my iPod. Or maybe Nicholas Teo's "Zhi Yin Wei Ni" could fit it. I mean, I don't have the translations at hand right now, but I think it MIGHT fit it. As I said, let me get back to you on that!

@Vycksta: Ahaha, yes, absence does make the heart grow fonder. I suppose it is true in all aspects of life too, especially for love.

About the name, well, I see, that's true, it is better than DarkIceshipping! That's just weird, in my opinion, and not that suitable for the two.

Good luck with the fic idea soon though!

Oh, and um, Gardenia can probably fit in too. It could be like a double date thing, though I'm not TOO fond of Roark and Gardenia, but there's a fanart that is cute of them that Chelc showed me once. But a double date would be sweet though.

Last note, the last uncertain spelling is actually renovating, without any double letters. ^^ But sounds like a sweet song for them, and also the concept is very sweet and romantic to me anyway. Not like mushy or too romantic, but yeah, it gets the idea of it. More sweet than anything, I suppose.

Vycksta

Firstly Hikarii, i'm going to cling to your head and squee at actually FINDING some Senirasushipping artwork. *does so* But alas, when I clicked on the links I got the error 403 messages. Oh well, i'll still cling to your head anyway. It's comfy. ;D

@ Eefi: Glad you agree on DarkIceshipping. I had to stop the ship namer; he saw Volkner as some dark person so kept shoving Dark in front of the ship names. *sad shake of the head* I don't see Volkner as being dark at all. Probably quiet and apathetic cause of his boredom, but not miserable. *whispers* ... and that's how Candice saw him as well. Well she does in one of my plotbunnies anyway. *has 4 Senirasushipping bunnies*

... and thanks for the spelling correction. I am so badly typo prone it's embarrassing. *bricked for being off-topic*

Hikarii

Two i's, not one!
DDD:! Is that so? Maybe going to the actual site link will work. XD; http://soleil.oboroduki.com/ There are at least two and the art isn't an eyesore, so it's worth a visit.

Maybe if you copied and pasted the link instead? When I click it it's fine, but that's probably because I visited the site. XD

Firstly Hikarii, i'm going to cling to your head and squee at actually FINDING some Senirasushipping artwork. *does so* But alas, when I clicked on the links I got the error 403 messages. Oh well, i'll still cling to your head anyway. It's comfy. ;D

Vycksta

Ah yes, that link worked perfectly! *clicks, looks around, finds them* OH. MY. WORD. They made me squee like the insane little fangirl I am at the computer and wake up my poor old dog! Eeee, tonight is just pwning ten ways to Sunday! *keeps clinging to Hikarii's head* Thanks for making this Senirasushipping nut happy. xD

... and I think I have another song that would suit the couple very well. Shine by Take That, especially if sung from Candice's point of view and the she's/girls are changed to he's/boys. Granted, this song is also a song I use for Shineshipping, a ship personal to me and my girlfriend... but Senirasushipping is my joint OTP, i'm sure taito will understand. *nod*

Status
Not open for further replies.