• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Senkaku/Diaoyu Islands - Sovereignty competition between two largest Asian countries

Skydra

What, so China's the one being "arrogant"? Excuse me? If anything, the arrogant one here is Japan, who's been trying to claim every island in sight. Have you heard about the Liancourt Rocks? That island (or islands, I'm not sure) is South Korean property by law, yet Japan still claims that it's theirs. And I've heard that that's not the only one.

So China claiming land legally owned by Japan is justified because Japan wanted some other land? This is not an eye for an eye situation, and if South Korea actually owns it and Japan didn't get it, nobody loses anything.

i have no doubt in my mind that this is just another piece in the elites puzzle; this is all part of world war three. the war wont just be fought in eran and the middle east, the elites are going to burn the entire world and this 'disptue' is their excuse for a war in northeast asia.
Do not comprehend.

Anyway, if Japan legally owns this land, it is theirs. End of story. China simply wants the land for its resources, and is trying the route of claiming it is theirs due to some ancestral connection. Both countries just want more land, but Japan owns the land.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
i have no doubt in my mind that this is just another piece in the elites puzzle; this is all part of world war three. the war wont just be fought in eran and the middle east, the elites are going to burn the entire world and this 'disptue' is their excuse for a war in northeast asia.

Nice tinfoil hat you have there. Very fashionable nowadays.

Yeeeeeah, if Japan legally got the claim to it before China, I feel like China's kind of SOL here. Even if they did get there first, that doesn't really mean squat if they didn't claim it.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
Well, I saw my first question was not worth much discussion value, so one may forget it.
But rather, I concern more on my second question.

Currently, this issue seems to getting more serious. Ships from Taiwan now sails to the seas near the island, and warned by the naval ship of Japan.
The diplomatic relationship between China + Taiwan and Japan is now getting very tense, a murderous atmosphere is flowing in the coastal area near that island.

What do you think what will happen the next?

Nyula

i like razors
^ The elites of the US will milk this for all its worth. Doubtless we will hear demagogic, sanctimonious moralising from American politicians about this issue. The Chinese elites will play their usual 6-year old child style diplomacy.

Nice tinfoil hat you have there. Very fashionable nowadays.

You deny that there is going to be another world war? Do you deny that America is looking for another war? The rising tensions about these islands and the South China sea and Tibet are the seeds the American Empire has sown in order to give it's elites the excuse they need to try and pwn their rival before China grows to strong. America is trying to surround China and cause as much problems for it as possible.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
You deny that there is going to be another world war?

There might be, but I'm not getting my hopes that far up just yet. There also might not be. I'm not gonna ready the bomb shelters until it actually happens, personally.

Do you deny that America is looking for another war?

Define "America." I know a lot of the population sure as hell isn't, and it also depends on who gets elected.

The rising tensions about these islands and the South China sea and Tibet are the seeds the American Empire has sown in order to give it's elites the excuse they need to try and pwn their rival before China grows to strong. America is trying to surround China and cause as much problems for it as possible.

Rival? Are you shitting me? Even if they wanted to kick them to the curb like that, America still owes China big time; they're the ones who helped bail us out a couple billion, and we really can't do much to them even if we wanted to, just because we've got that debt hanging over our heads in more than just a literal way. Chill your paranoia.

Flame Mistress

Well, I saw my first question was not worth much discussion value, so one may forget it.
But rather, I concern more on my second question.

Currently, this issue seems to getting more serious. Ships from Taiwan now sails to the seas near the island, and warned by the naval ship of Japan.
The diplomatic relationship between China + Taiwan and Japan is now getting very tense, a murderous atmosphere is flowing in the coastal area near that island.

What do you think what will happen the next?

Nothing. Full stop. I'm sure the tension will die down eventually, and even if the Chinese have been pretty aggressive towards the Japanese, I'm sure that they're not stupid or angry enough to start a war or something. Either that, or China stops exporting a major resource not available in Japan to Japan in retaliation, though I doubt this.

Nyula

i like razors
There might be, but I'm not getting my hopes that far up just yet. There also might not be. I'm not gonna ready the bomb shelters until it actually happens, personally.
Chill your paranoia.
I agree, let's ignore the clear signals of a future war and lets just enthrall ourselves to the distractions of bread and circuses. Or 'issues' such as the gay marriage debate (sic) or how 'ur soshallust gubermit is rueenon ur freedomz'. Or lets worry over the vastly exaggerated coverage of acts of 'terrorism'.
Define "America." I know a lot of the population sure as hell isn't,
Your bourgeoisie elites, the ones who rule over the artificial and illusory nation that is on the pieces of land called 'America'. The same people who write your laws, exploit the populace and sit on the top of the socio-economic pyramid of capitalism.

and it also depends on who gets elected.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/408/800/9fb.jpg

Rival? Are you shitting me? Even if they wanted to kick them to the curb like that, America still owes China big time; they're the ones who helped bail us out a couple billion, and we really can't do much to them even if we wanted to, just because we've got that debt hanging over our heads in more than just a literal way.
China only holds $1.16 trillion of your $14 trillion plus of your total federal government debt. At any rate, do you truly think that some pieces of paper and numbers on a computer screen will stop aircraft carriers and/or ICBMs? As for the rival part, of course it's true. Mostly. The American elite has done well from out-sourcing and expanding the range of the global population to exploitation. But the Chinese and American elites compete for markets, influence, military alliances, technological gain and other such areas.

As a bonus, close economic ties didn't stop the British and German imperialists from engaging in the ravenous conflagration of the first 'world' war. Europe enjoyed continent-wide trade before their war, didn't stop what happened. Germany was heavily indebted before the second 'world' war and that didn't stop Nazi aggression.

indigohex

^ The elites of the US will milk this for all its worth. Doubtless we will hear demagogic, sanctimonious moralising from American politicians about this issue. The Chinese elites will play their usual 6-year old child style diplomacy.

You deny that there is going to be another world war? Do you deny that America is looking for another war? The rising tensions about these islands and the South China sea and Tibet are the seeds the American Empire has sown in order to give it's elites the excuse they need to try and pwn their rival before China grows to strong. America is trying to surround China and cause as much problems for it as possible.

I have to agree with you Nyula. I think the global elite are planning a World War Free-for-all, and guess what: politicians and the elite won't be sending their kids to these wars, we will. The American Empire is desperate as people are beginning to turn on them. I don't want to see a war between China and Japan at all as it will cost lives, not just in China and Japan, but Korea and Taiwan as well. This could turn into a regional war, which I am very concerned about.

I think personally that China has only started to care about these islands because they have resources. What would China do if there was no resources? Nothing, they would basically say "you can have them Japan". At the end of the day, it's all about the resources.