• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sep 15th: XY&Z042/43 - Pocket Monsters XY&Z 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alola Adventurer

Though, let's be fair to some of the titles: they rarely completely troll you, unlike the Japanese titles.

Either way, I'm taking them with a grain of salt considering the episode title for yesterday's is...odd. What does a dream have to do with it?

Maybe Lysandre's dream to create a new world...? I guess? Otherwise, I have no idea why yesterday's title would be called this either.

Litleonid

Love how JP titles are always very literal in their titles yet the dub titles always try to make a play on words or a dumb pun

This isn't true actually. Maybe for pre-BW, but ever since BW, dub titles with puns and wordplay haven't been as common as they used to. There has been some very literal titles. For example, BW had titles like The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice, 'Cilan vs. Trip, Ash vs. Georgia, and 'Lost at the League'. The XY series has had some titles like like Grooming Furfrou, Battles In The Sky, and 'A Performance Pop Quiz'

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I thought as a possibility but I am now convinced that this episode could be a rematch between Ash and Alain with MC X vs AG because this could be argued as a way for Alain can redeem himself with himself after what happened in Team Flare.

I hope we won't get an Ash and Alain rematch in these final episodes of the Team Flare plot cuz it seems like Alain will turn on Lysandre soon any ways, so I can't really see Ash having a reason to battle him again here. ^^

Markerz

I hope we won't get an Ash and Alain rematch in these final episodes of the Team Flare plot cuz it seems like Alain will turn on Lysandre soon any ways, so I can't really see Ash having a reason to battle him again here. ^^

Imagine if they had a rematch and Ash lost again. Oh, that would be rubbing salt in the wounds. :p

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Imagine if they had a rematch and Ash lost again. Oh, that would be rubbing salt in the wounds. :p

That's partly why I'm against them fighting again here since Ash losing would increase the Alain hate. ^^; But mostly I just want to see new stuff happen, not just more Ash and Alain matches centered on the same two pokemon.

Litleonid

If I have to be honest, it would honestly be poor writing for Ash to never be able to defeat Mega Charizard X, plus it would feel very anticlimactic for the rivalry if the series ended and Mega Charizard X was not defeated after its debut.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

It will be salty either way. If Alain wins then it's confirmed he is a Gary Stu. If Ash wins he won in the wrong time and would remind us that Ash could have defeated Alain in the league but didn't because writers.

STICKTOPIA

It will be salty either way. If Alain wins then it's confirmed he is a Gary Stu. If Ash wins he won in the wrong time and would remind us that Ash could have defeated Alain in the league but didn't because writers.
so they might as well just not do a rematch. It's already salty right now, so no reason to make it worse.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!

TBH His rushed redemption already proved him as a Gary Stu

Litleonid

I feel like it already got confirmed when he won the Kalos League honestly, but yeah. While I think it would be poor writing for Ash to never defeat his OP Mega Charizard X, it would feel a bit like an empty win since a win for Ash wouldn't have taken place where it really mattered, in the league.

TheMarvelMC

Kalos League Victor!
We're now faced with a conundrum: Does Ash beat Alain after his most important battle yet, or does he never beat the trainer that has bested him during his peak?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I feel like it already got confirmed when he won the Kalos League honestly, but yeah. While I think it would be poor writing for Ash to never defeat his OP Mega Charizard X, it would feel a bit like an empty win since a win for Ash wouldn't have taken place where it really mattered, in the league.

We'll need to see what the rematch is all about first. Suffice to say, regardless of the outcome, people will still feel unsatisfied one way or another. Which is why I don't mind the idea of Alain giving up the trophy and title to Ash after the rematch at this point.

noakai

I also suspect that if there's a rematch, it's not going to be Ash-Greninja vs MCX, it's going to be Ash-Greninja vs Charizard because Alan may decide not to keep his mega ring/the stone Lysandre gave him. Someone posted a screenshot that seems to show Alan's wrist without the ring, but it may have been an error. That's definitely not Alan at his strongest, that's the writers gimping him and then 'letting' Ash beat him when it doesn't really matter anymore. We'll see what they do I guess.

Red and Blue

To think Alain could be the one rival Ash never beaten. Another tradition broken

Shadao

I also suspect that if there's a rematch, it's not going to be Ash-Greninja vs MCX, it's going to be Ash-Greninja vs Charizard because Alan may decide not to keep his mega ring/the stone Lysandre gave him. Someone posted a screenshot that seems to show Alan's wrist without the ring, but it may have been an error. That's definitely not Alan at his strongest, that's the writers gimping him and then 'letting' Ash beat him when it doesn't really matter anymore. We'll see what they do I guess.

If you've been keeping track of news, Alain not wearing the Mega Ring was during the showdown against Lysandre in the latest episode. And it's an error considering he uses the Mega Ring to unleash Mega Charizard X.

And really, Ash doesn't want Alain to be weaken for a rematch. He wants Alain to be at his strongest so he and Greninja will know they tackled the tallest wall and thus make victory sweeter should they manage to overcome it.

To think Alain could be the one rival Ash never beaten. Another tradition broken

And we are not done with Alain yet. His story has yet to end, and it requires one last match to showcase his rebirth as a trainer free from Team Flare's poisonous mindset.

Red and Blue

If you've been keeping track of news, Alain not wearing the Mega Ring was during the showdown against Lysandre in the latest episode. And it's an error considering he uses the Mega Ring to unleash Mega Charizard X.

And really, Ash doesn't want Alain to be weaken for a rematch. He wants Alain to be at his strongest so he and Greninja will know they tackled the tallest wall and thus make victory sweeter should they manage to overcome it.

And we are not done with Alain yet. His story has yet to end, and it requires one last match to showcase his rebirth as a trainer free from Team Flare's poisonous mindset.

You might want a rematch but others like me don't think it's necessary. He is already redeemed.

Kirby4ever

You might want a rematch but others like me don't think it's necessary. He is already redeemed.
Same here, there's no time for a rematch since Ash and his friends has to start saying their goodbys after Team Flare have been stopped. Ash also needs to go back to Kanto to drop off his Kalos Pokemon before going to Alola. There's no room for a rematch within those 5 episodes after the Team Flare arc.

Shadao

Same here, there's no time for a rematch since Ash and his friends has to start saying their goodbys after Team Flare have been stopped. Ash also needs to go back to Kanto to drop off his Kalos Pokemon before going to Alola. There's no room for a rematch within those 5 episodes after the Team Flare arc.

We had exactly two episodes dealing with the aftermath of the Sinnoh League in Diamond and Pearl. XY&Z has 5 episodes to deal with the aftermath of Team Flare. We have time for one more rematch.

Kirby4ever

We had exactly two episodes dealing with the aftermath of the Sinnoh League in Diamond and Pearl. XY&Z has 5 episodes to deal with the aftermath of Team Flare. We have time for one more rematch.
We don't know what's going to happen after the Team Flare climax other then Lumiose city nearly being a pile of rubble. We don't know what's going to happen in the one hour special other then seeing Zygarde complete and Team Flare being defeated. So don't keep your hopes up until we learn a bit about the last 5 episodes by titles and descriptions. Keeping your hopes up too high will just lead into disappointment at the end. If they do have a rematch, where they're going to have it? Lumiose city and the league stadium is obviously in no shape to do it in.

Shadao

We don't know what's going to happen after the Team Flare climax other then Lumiose city nearly being a pile of rubble. We don't know what's going to happen in the one hour special other then seeing Zygarde complete and Team Flare being defeated. So don't keep your hopes up until we learn a bit about the last 5 episodes by titles and descriptions. Keeping your hopes up too high will just lead into disappointment at the end. If they do have a rematch, where they're going to have it? Lumiose city and the league stadium is obviously in no shape to do it in.

Indeed we don't know. But I haven't been let down by the writers yet. If they want to end XY&Z on a high note, there are some story conventions left to fulfill after all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.