• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sep 15th: XY&Z042/43 - Pocket Monsters XY&Z 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp045

Well, I think there will be a rematch between Alain and Ash (again) but I do not think that in this episode, if the next (the XY & Z44 GRENINJA).

To discuss the issue: Who or what will be the "final boss" in the arch of TF? Because apparently Zygarde 100% not be controlled by Lyssadnre because in the preview you can see the two Core: Puni-chan and Z2 together to form the Zygarde 100% when not being red and considering that the MegaGyarados of Lyssandre be defeated by Steven, or Ash and Alain I guess the last hurdle would be the Zygarde Stone or perhaps some sort of pump / gun that the active TF and others must stop. Posibliemente Zygarde or even Ash "sacrifice" to deter that.

Last edited:

Remix2

Well, I think there will be a rematch between Alain and Ash (again) but I do not think that in this episode, if the next (the XY & Z44 GRENINJA).

To discuss the issue: Who or what will be the "final boss" in the arch of TF? Because apparently Zygarde 100% not be controlled by Lyssadnre because in the preview you can see the two Core: Puni-chan and Z2 together to form the Zygarde 100% when not being red and considering that the MegaGyarados of Lyssandre be defeated by Steven, or Ash and Alain I guess the last hurdle would be the Zygarde Stone or perhaps some sort of pump / gun that the active TF and others must stop. Posibliemente Zygarde or even Ash "sacrifice" to deter that.

If lysandre and team flare get defeated and didn't create the stone zygarde, then I could see the malamer gang returning to be the final boss and creating the stone zygarde.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
If lysandre and team flare get defeated and didn't create the stone zygarde, then I could see the malamer gang returning to be the final boss and creating the stone zygarde.

At this point, I doubt the Malamar gang will appear again. Unless they tie them to Xerosic in next Thursday's episode, but it will feel forced.

#1PokemonFan

I wonder why we don't have episode titles yet for these and future titles for September? Why are they keeping these a secret?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think, for some of us, it's less that we can't get over him winning the League, but more that we can't understand why they'd leave Ash and Alain's rivalry like this. It makes little sense...At least, for me, that's what it is. I could care less about the title, I just want to see Megazard X go down, preferably by Ash-Greninja, but I'll take what I can get.

I guess it's the same reasons why Dawn never beat Zoey, and why some of the rivals can never beat the main characters.

Remix2

At this point, I doubt the Malamar gang will appear again. Unless they tie them to Xerosic in next Thursday's episode, but it will feel forced.

your probably right, which is kind of a shame since they did promise to come back at some point.

another idea might be that lysandre has a secret plan b, but so far I don't think that the case right now.

ShadowForce720

your probably right, which is kind of a shame since they did promise to come back at some point.

another idea might be that lysandre has a secret plan b, but so far I don't think that the case right now.

Although I doubt it, it would be interesting if it turns out that the evil Malamar trio winds up returning in the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime and their plot winds up getting wrapped up there.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Although I doubt it, it would be interesting if it turns out that the evil Malamar trio winds up returning in the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime and their plot winds up getting wrapped up there.

No. After the second time they appeared they should just stay in the past or the dimension of mistakes they came from.

Remix2

I wonder why we don't have episode titles yet for these and future titles for September? Why are they keeping these a secret?

My only best guess that they might spoiled something really big if they released the title and summary. Other then that, I have no idea why.

Epicocity

I guess it's the same reasons why Dawn never beat Zoey, and why some of the rivals can never beat the main characters.

The biggest difference between those two, though, is that Zoey was shown to be fallible. If I remember right, she lost to May, and Nando nearly had her beat. However, Alain's never been depicted as such. He's never lost since Siebold...waaaaaay too long ago. If he goes on to be the savior over Ash in this special, he may as well just have the Gary Stu label slapped all over him.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The biggest difference between those two, though, is that Zoey was shown to be fallible. If I remember right, she lost to May, and Nando nearly had her beat. However, Alain's never been depicted as such. He's never lost since Siebold...waaaaaay too long ago. If he goes on to be the savior over Ash in this special, he may as well just have the Gary Stu label slapped all over him.

Additionally, while Dawn has never beaten Zoey even at the Grand Festival, Zoey at least didn't have any skeletons in closet like Alain does and she was a respectable coordinator who's been on this career longer than Dawn. And that's really the issue of Alain not losing a match for me. He's proven himself to be in need of growth and learning with Ash being his new teacher and guide. This simply makes Ash not having one victory over Alain before this series ends all the more jarring. Alain is not someone who is always better than Ash as a trainer.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
No. After the second time they appeared they should just stay in the past or the dimension of mistakes they came from.

Actually they said they will head to the future and will return again to fight once more. My suspicions are that they intended to have them appear one more time but their plot got scrapped because of XY&Z. But that's only my theory.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think, for some of us, it's less that we can't get over him winning the League, but more that we can't understand why they'd leave Ash and Alain's rivalry like this. It makes little sense.

Some "rivalry" they had. Alan is only Ash's rival by a label than an actual fact. I agree with your points but Ash and Alan's "rivalry" and more or less their interactions are that they battled 3-4 times and left it as that. Alan just wanted to battle Ash at his fullest while Ash likes battling a strong trainer like Alan. Gary and Ash were childhood friends and both wanted to become Pokémon Masters/enter the League, they were destined rivals despite battling 2 times. Ash and Paul had contrasting ideals in Pokémon in general and Ash had the urge to prove to Paul that Pokémon are more than just tools of power. Shota admired Ash like a mentor and so it was natural for him to surpass his teacher. What does Alan have to show for? Wanting to protect a girl? Alan may be strong but Ash is a better person to look up to yet that wasn't the main point to their "rivalry". They barely had nothing to battle for/rival against each other outside of an interest to see how strong they are nor an established rivalry. Sanpei was a better rival than Alan. He should've stayed in his epic Mega Evolution Acts than be shown beating down trash trainers.

Last edited:

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Only thing I really got out of the second preview was that Clembot gets hit and slow-mo falls to the ground. That and Bonnie was standing in front of mind-controlled Squishy 50%.

Ash and Alain still standing on top of the tower, Steven's not there if you still believed for whatever reason that he would be.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

O I'd liked to see a twist like that here. Those Malamars have been missing from the plot for too long and I wish we could see them become the final villains of the Zygarde storyarc here. I still wish we'd see Xerneas and Yveltal here also, tho I'm not confident that we will given the lack of foreshadowing. ^^;

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Ash vs Alain is barely a rivalry, but yea I can see why some people want a rematch, friendly or official. Leaving Alain undefeated for so long and as a Gary Stu seems wrong. It's better for the plot to let Ash win an unofficial rematch, but I can just taste the salt if this happens.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Ash vs Alain is barely a rivalry, but yea I can see why some people want a rematch, friendly or official. Leaving Alain undefeated for so long and as a Gary Stu seems wrong. It's better for the plot to let Ash win an unofficial rematch, but I can just taste the salt if this happens.

I don't think the writers will ever allow their precious sweetheart look weak or flawed at any point. He's most likely walking out of this arc. completely unchanged and probably being the oen to defeat mega Gyarados, while Greninjash will get slapped aside and do 2-3 things and get all the glory.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I don't think the writers will ever allow their precious sweetheart look weak or flawed at any point. He's most likely walking out of this arc. completely unchanged and probably being the oen to defeat mega Gyarados, while Greninjash will get slapped aside and do 2-3 things and get all the glory.

Alan must be protected at all costs!! Our precious Anti Hero was misunderstood, gained power just to protect the only girl who've shown any interest in him, has the most unique fashion style of all men, and is basically the main character of this anime. Don't be too harsh on him, he's so cool and handsome. We'll never have a flawed, strong character like him ever...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Anyone else curious about how this battle is going to be moved to outside of Lumiose City, because just like in the opening, where it shows Z2 fighting Squishy, there in a desert, badland kind of setting and in the preview of the Team Flare arc, we also see Z2 in the same setting, in its rock/stone appearance, using a move or something. I thought this arc was only going to take place in Lumiose City and at Lysandre Labs, but now it'll also be set somewhere else. So that's got me thinking, since that Zygarde focused scene in the opening seems to be becoming more accurate, is it possible that we will also end up seeing the Anistar Sundial as well, if that is what that thing is?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Anyone else curious about how this battle is going to be moved to outside of Lumiose City, because just like in the opening, where it shows Z2 fighting Squishy, there in a desert, badland kind of setting and in the preview of the Team Flare arc, we also see Z2 in the same setting, in its rock/stone appearance, using a move or something. I thought this arc was only going to take place in Lumiose City and at Lysandre Labs, but now it'll also be set somewhere else. So that's got me thinking, since that Zygarde focused scene in the opening seems to be becoming more accurate, is it possible that we will also end up seeing the Anistar Sundial as well, if that is what that thing is?

It does seem to be point to that direction. I recall that Sundial was also the source of fan speculation for Sun and Moon some time ago. We seem to have nearly exhausted most of the Team Flare footage already and we don't know how much is actually in the 1 Hour Special. We are in the dark of what is going to happen. The only words that may comfort us right now is "It all comes together."

Status
Not open for further replies.