• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sep 15th: XY&Z042/43 - Pocket Monsters XY&Z 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuki Mirai

And her Houndoom lost the immunity to Fire-Type attacks once it Mega Evolve. That said, if she didn't Mega Evolve, her Houndoom would not be able to take on the assault of a Mega Evolved Charizard either. Usually Elite Four do well despite type disadvantages. But then again, Aaron who was seen as the weakest Elite Four in Sinnoh was the only one to knock out Cynthia's Garchomp. So many factors can result in victory.

sheld999

this is going to be awesome. i can see TR taking the credit for taking down TF to their boss

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
So I looked on who writes this 1-hour special and it's Tomioka. Wow, the guy has probably broken his record on writing episodes on a row for this anime, I mean 5 episodes in a row can be too much for a writer...

Not complaining though, the TF arc's awesome and hopefully it ends GREAT!

Epicocity

So I looked on who writes this 1-hour special and it's Tomioka. Wow, the guy has probably broken his record on writing episodes on a row for this anime, I mean 5 episodes in a row can be too much for a writer...

Not complaining though, the TF arc's awesome and hopefully it ends GREAT!

Nah, he wrote five episodes in a row back during the DP days,, took a week off, wrote another, took two weeks off and then wrote another 3. So, not quite yet broken unless he also write the one following it.

But yes, he certainly is one of the best.

thiagomestres

So Alain is quite good at battling, but not perfect, as you can see when he fought against Siebold, and personality wise he is far from being perfect, after all, let's not forget what he did to the Blue Puni-chan and how rude he was to Manon and Sycamore.
Meanwhile, Steven is extremely good looking, extremely kind, has a perfect personality and has only been portrayed as being spectacular at battling. Yet no one calls him a Gary Stu.
I wonder why that's. Maybe it has something to do with the League, just maybe...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So Alain is quite good at battling, but not perfect, as you can see when he fought against Siebold, and personality wise he is far from being perfect, after all, let's not forget what he did to the Blue Puni-chan and how rude he was to Manon and Sycamore.
Meanwhile, Steven is extremely good looking, extremely kind, has a perfect personality and has only been portrayed as being spetacular at battling. Yet no one calls him a Gary Stu.
I wonder why that's. Maybe it has something to do with the League, just maybe...

That pretty much sums it up lol

Epicocity

Meanwhile, Steven is extremely good looking, extremely kind, has a perfect personality and has only been portrayed as being spectacular at battling. Yet no one calls him a Gary Stu.

I think a large part of the difference, to me at least, lies in intention. Alain was created as a character with numerous flaws who was meant to develop and change...only these flaws are never acknowledged by anyone else in the universe. Steven, meanwhile, is meant to be introduced as a great Champion in personality and skill. He's static and he's there for a purpose which isn't to grow. He's not going to get character development because one can assume that by the time he's reached this point...he's already gotten it.

Honestly, I felt Alain was breaching Gary Stu levels even before the League, XYZ 36 pushed it further, and depending on how he's handled if everything is brushed off from his role with no negative impact, that's a red flag.

Ignoring the guy with the alan signature that no one should have taken seriously as hard as they did.

I love how people defending alan's character twist up the order in which things happened to make it seem like he was a well written character. His Charmeleon lost to Lysandre, not Charizard. He lost to Siebold in **Act 1**. This is before he fought steven, before he fought the primals, and before he fought Malva and Zygarde.

Charizard was not visibly weakened during the steven fight like he was during the 10 mega battle. Under no circumstances would it have been ok for a charizard to put up a fight against Primals;not even steven's metagross did much. It just delayed things until Rayquaza showed up and team flare swiped the megalith.

But you're honestly trying to say running through 9 people non stop and then one shotting an Elite 4's mega is okay...? He then went on to basically one shot his way through the league up until the fight with Ash-Greninja and then walked away unscathed after pikachu getting a few hits in and the over hyped destructo disk.

Other than Metagross where the **** did the 4 other pokemon come from that he miraculously raised to be on par with ash's team that's not native to kalos? (especially that bisharp). Alan's character is just as bad as every other league rival and in some cases he's far worse. The writing surrounding him is a joke.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
He didn't defeat IKUZEfrog in the Finals... Nobody would dare criticize the God Champion Daigo. :D He also hasn't been shown much and all he did was help out and had an interrupted battle with Alan. He did nothing wrong. He's strong considering that he's the Champion and the anime is showing his Mega Metagross' strength. He's very formal and polite (expected since he works at his own restaurant as a waiter) but I'm sure there's a goofy side to him we've haven't seen or was subtly hinted.

Honestly, I felt Alain was breaching Gary Stu levels even before the League, XYZ 36 pushed it further, and depending on how he's handled if everything is brushed off from his role with no negative impact, that's a red flag.
The arc isn't finished yet and who knows how many people are actually aware that he worked for Team Flare.
And besides, he has made a negative impact. Was he called out for it? Yes, by both Lysandre and Ash and given Ash's character, he doesn't care what Alan did in the past. What only matters is the future and the people and planet he loves so dearly enough to protect. Alan admits his wrong doings, realizing that he wasn't protecting Manon & Hari san but putting them more in danger. It wasn't something that he asked for and even he himself wondered what in the hell was he fighting for anyway. It was his own ideal and pure thinking that tricked him into thinking everything that he worked for was all for the greater good.

I highly doubt anyone in universe has ever seen Alan as perfect on what he does. His actions brought havoc to Lumiose City and he realized that when Lysandre broke it to him. His redemption to turn good was early enough where he wasn't too deep in a dark place. And even Sycamore suspected something from him. If anything, Lysandre is going to be the fall guy seeing as though this is all his doing. Alan and Pakira helped but it's unknown whether or not they'll be punished for their involvement. If it happens or not, Alan would have to learn to be less naïve, oblivious, and such a pet to someone like Lysandre.

Jibanyan

Can't wait for Manon to get the the farthest as possible from Alan. She hasn't gained a single thing from him.

Janovy

Banned
Can't wait for Manon to get the the farthest as possible from Alan. She hasn't gained a single thing from him.
That's funny cuz Alain specifically instructed Manon to stay away from him and yet she persisted anyway.

Anything that happened to her is her own fault.

Soniman

Break the Limit
That's funny cuz Alain specifically instructed Manon to stay away from him and yet she persisted anyway.

LOL these black and white views

Manon isn't completely blameless, Alan isn't completely blameless, that'd what it means to be a three dimensional character

Jibanyan

She should realize that and dump him, go on a journey while the emotionally draining teenager does his own thing. Maybe she will actually use that Flabebe of her now!

Epicocity

The arc isn't finished yet and who knows how many people are actually aware that he worked for Team Flare.
And besides, he has made a negative impact. Was he called out for it? Yes, by both Lysandre and Ash and given Ash's character, he doesn't care what Alan did in the past. What only matters is the future and the people and planet he loves so dearly enough to protect. Alan admits his wrong doings, realizing that he wasn't protecting Manon & Hari san but putting them more in danger. It wasn't something that he asked for and even he himself wondered what in the hell was he fighting for anyway. It was his own ideal and pure thinking that tricked him into thinking everything that he worked for was all for the greater good.

I highly doubt anyone in universe has ever seen Alan as perfect on what he does. His actions brought havoc to Lumiose City and he realized that when Lysandre broke it to him. His redemption to turn good was early enough where he wasn't too deep in a dark place. And even Sycamore suspected something from him. If anything, Lysandre is going to be the fall guy seeing as though this is all his doing. Alan and Pakira helped but it's unknown whether or not they'll be punished for their involvement. If it happens or not, Alan would have to learn to be less naïve, oblivious, and such a pet to someone like Lysandre.

No, it's not finished, but how it's handled decides things. Of course it's in Ash's character to forgive him! And that's fine...but there wasn't a single moment where Ash doubted him. Nope. He was still perfect Alain who he believed in no matter what. Mairin had been angry at him for his callousness, but next we see she's pretty much fine with it. Sycamore forgave him even after seeing his behavior deteriorating over time. That's my problem. Alain is not depicted as an example of what someone should be. He's unhealthy to both himself and others around him, yet no one on the good side once tries to say to him "Alain, stop this! This isn't the way to do these things!" They just say "Oh, it's okay. I'm sure you had your reasons." The bad guy trying to break him...doesn't quite count.

Now, I'm not counting Alain out yet, but he'll need some work as a character to veer away from Gary Stu territory. Giving up training and going back to work for Sycamore to humble himself would be one way...

satopi

Alan isn't going to physically nor aggressively stop her so she's doing what she wants. She isn't Alan's responsibility but he sure does treat and previously see her as a liability. Probably since Lysandre can use her as bait and another chain added to Alan's doggy collar like with his Mega Stone/Ring and Hari San.

satopi

No, it's not finished, but how it's handled decides things. Of course it's in Ash's character to forgive him! And that's fine...but there wasn't a single moment where Ash doubted him. Nope. He was still perfect Alain who he believed in no matter what.
Well to be frank, their entire interactions are just them battling rather than talking. And Ash.... I wished he shown some emotion. In that moment I thought he would at least show some anger towards him but nope, gotta be the heroic, sees good in all, good guy in training. They barely know each other, all Ash saw in him was a strong trainer.

Mairin had been angry at him for his callousness, but next we see she's pretty much fine with it.
Their relationship is awkward and I doubt they even seen each other during the time. So their dramatic fight isn't resolved until they talk privately about it. All Manon was doing was quietly cheering Alan on by a distance. Alan probably unaware. She's keeping her distance from him and I guess she got over it and will do whatever she pleases whether he likes it or not. They haven't even seem each other since the outbreak and she's focused on Hari san. I don't think she's fine with what he was doing.

Sycamore forgave him even after seeing his behavior deteriorating over time.
Sycamore doesn't know anything. He has no room to talk. I doubt they haven't talked since their last encounter.

That's my problem. Alain is not depicted as an example of what someone should be. He's unhealthy to both himself and others around him, yet no one on the good side once tries to say to him "Alain, stop this! This isn't the way to do these things!" They just say "Oh, it's okay. I'm sure you had your reasons." The bad guy trying to break him...doesn't quite count.

Now, I'm not counting Alain out yet, but he'll need some work as a character to veer away from Gary Stu territory. Giving up training and going back to work for Sycamore to humble himself would be one way...
I think that's what his character is supposed to be. A character that shouldn't be looked up to, that someone shouldn't praise or strive to be. The XY Quadruplet don't even know him. I guess Ash in some way (or in his way) tried to say something like that. He's been distancing himself from people just to get stronger and not let anyone in. Only thing I can think of that could somewhat excuse "the good side" is the lack of awareness. We all know Lysandre is gonna be the oen to take the blame because hur hur bad guy hur hur, wants to destroy the world. :p

Things Alan has actually lost: ??????????

What a tragic character :´(
True lol. :D His mind. ;_;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.