• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sep 8th: XY&Z041 - Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Citroid Forever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
What do Serena and Manon encounter that they'll need Steven's help? Probably a admin, I guess it makes sense. Serena sucks at battling and Manon only has a dead Flabebe.
Also how are they planning on rescuing Chespie? Just take its comatose body off life support and lug it around?

Janovy

Banned

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Serena sucks at battling? Since when?

In fact Serena hasn't won many battles other than those against Team Rocket. Most of them were either interrupted or drawn and the only battle I can remember that Serena won was in the episode when her Eevee evolved into Sylveon and in the Tag Battle that happened in that episode, her recently evolved Sylveon destroyed Miette's Slurpuff with Fairy Wind, giving Ash and her the win.

Janovy

Banned
In fact Serena hasn't won many battles other than those against Team Rocket. Most of them were either interrupted or drawn and the only battle I can remember that Serena won was in the episode when her Eevee evolved into Sylveon and in the Tag Battle that happened in that episode, her recently evolved Sylveon destroyed Miette's Slurpuff with Fairy Wind, giving Ash and her the win.
Again, nothing so far implies Serena sucks at battling?

How many of them has she actually lost?

Interruption doesn't count as Serena sucking at battling.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Return it to the pokeball?

Do you know how many episodes this would have been useful? Yet they still go with physical saves.

DatsRight

Keeping in mind that until that DEM evolution Eevee was getting decimated by Slurpuff and Inkay herself.

Serena's team aren't powerless as battlers, but they are complete glass cannons, as in they suffer a single hit or just lose the upper hand in any way, they need some interference. Her and Fennekin panicked as soon as Meowth could counter the first attack they thrown at him, that was all they had. Pancham is about the only one that's done at least a few intense battles and soldiered through (ironically most of them without Serena's commands).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Again, nothing so far implies Serena sucks at battling?

How many of them has she actually lost?

Interruption doesn't count as Serena sucking at battling.

I just found out that she lost her first battle with someone other than TR and it was with Shauna against her Bulbasaur. It's the only loss that I found and honestly she doesn't battle much, which doesn't totally mean that she sucks in battling. She's watched virtually all of Ash's Kalos Gym Battles. Maybe she isn't a confident battler?

DatsRight

In fairness there were plenty of times she was sure to lose if some DEM or outside interruption didn't save her, even against TR a lot of the time.

It's arguably worse that few of these have actually led to an official loss since it means she's never been pushed to improve or get stronger. She still wins through no competence of her own.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In fact I do want Sylveon to have more screen time because at least Serena would have her best chance at decimating Team Flare.

In fairness there were plenty of times she was sure to lose if some DEM or outside interruption didn't save her, even against TR a lot of the time.

It's arguably worse that few of these have actually led to an official loss since it means she's never been pushed to improve or get stronger. She still wins through no competence of her own.

Oh. No wonder why Serena doesn't battle a lot. She'll probably realise once she is forced to battle with Team Flare.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, so we've got both Diantha and Steven in this arc. What is Team Flare going to use to upset this power balance? I'm starting to think that despite recovering the Lumiose Tower, Team Flare is going to make off with both Z2 and Squishy and are going to succeed in creating Perfect Zygarde. Which is why the good guys are getting massive reinforcements coming in from left and right.

Janovy

Banned
Since when did common sense exist in this anime?
That is true.

After all, Ash did jump into a volcano after his Talonflame despite the fact he could have easily withdrawn it into its pokeball.

Not heroic enough, I guess.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
That is true.

After all, Ash did jump into a volcano after his Talonflame despite the fact he could have easily withdrawn it into its pokeball.

Not heroic enough, I guess.

I mean, I can understand jumping off a fourhundred foot building since Pikachu doesn't like being in its ball... wait.. NO I DON'T!!!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's not that Serena sucks at battling... It's the fact the universe doesn't want her to get more than 3 difficult victories.

Just this world following its usual course, which Serena always swims against but gives up immediately.

Either way they better not make her some sort of damsel in distress towards the end for Ash to rescue when he gets freed... since she is the girly girl type and they tend to do that with girly girls..

Since when did common sense exist in this anime?

lol Ash has a very uncommon sense... people don't think up the same random stuff he does but it still seems to work for him! I hope they do a near-death scene in this arc with Bonnie... those are always fun and would fit if Zygarde attacked her while she was singing and trying to save him, and then from that he turned good and saved her. Not sure if they reserve that for the movies though.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Serena x Daigo confirmed when Serena notices Daigo's handsome charms. Those 3 sound like they're ready to wreck some Grunts. Hari san must've been taken somewhere else.

Clemont should know the ins & outs of the Gym so he should use his knowledge to his advantage.
Let the battle of the nerds begin!!! :D

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena x Daigo confirmed when Serena notices Daigo's handsome charms. Those 3 sound like they're ready to wreck some Grunts. Hari san must've been taken somewhere else.

Clemont should know the ins & outs of the Gym so he should use his knowledge to his advantage.
Let the battle of the nerds begin!!! :D
lol.
I'm hoping the three battle against a bunch of Team Flare grunts that were there to ambush them.
Hm this Xerosic and Clemont mini rivalry might be interesting.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
"Powerful aide" sounds like someone from TF to get in their way for conflict. After all, Serena (and Manon) needs to get in one some more action for this arc ;)

Probably Malva.

Though I wouldn't mind Steven being here since Act 4 left the door open for him to play a part. Though to be fair, I think he had to rush back to Hoenn because he heard that Wallace b**** was trying to take his title again. Then he met that hot Zinnia chick and things got crazy...

Motor Bug2005

"Powerful aide" sounds like someone from TF to get in their way for conflict. After all, Serena (and Manon) needs to get in one some more action for this arc ;)

Probably Malva.

I don't think it'll be Malva as we see her in one of the previews travelling with Ash, Alain, Clemont and Greninja in a helicopter. If the aide is indeed on the opposing side, I have no idea who it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.