• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sep 8th: XY&Z041 - Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Citroid Forever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Diantha really needs to be involved with this Arc. She really is not doing much. She is the champion after all.

She'll probably get to do something now that she had Shota and the groupies help with protecting the civilians. Champion Daigo is there as well, they could team up and take down some of TF Admins' Pokémon.

AuraKshatriya

Diantha really needs to be involved with this Arc. She really is not doing much. She is the champion after all.

She's still far more involved than she was in the games.
Though given that Steven is a more compelling character and Champion, I'm glad he's showing up too. Would be nice to see him take down Malva or have his power at least implicitly compared to Diantha (though obviously his Metagross would likely give her Gardevoir major trouble - same goes for her Aurorus, Tyrantrum and Hawlucha if she were ever to use them.

On an unrelated note, a little headcanon of mine is that Lysandre's Gyarados could be red because it's been powered up by the Mega Evolution energy Alain collected. We already know that the insectoid machines Lysandre uses can fire beams of Mega Evolution energy, but given that Gyarados is his own Pokemon it wouldn't need to be controlled with the energy. The fact that Alain's Mega Ring was also explicitly shown to have been storing Mega Evolution energy does bring into question whether it affected Charizard's performance at all. I just find it strange that Lysandre was so confident in facing down Ash's entire team, and Alain's Charizard (which he knows is E4 Level) with just Pyroar and Gyarados, even if the latter can Mega Evolve. I anticipate that either we'll see him bring out Honchkrow and Mienshao as well, or Gyarados will use the Mega Evolution energy to power up. Otherwise Lysandre VS Ash and Alain will be ridiculously one-sided.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Is the new preview being bombarded with dislikes like the old preview? If it is, figures.

Citroid being dead is the perfect way to write Clemont out of the show. Not enough time to build when you have 1000 challenges to fill.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Is the new preview being bombarded with dislikes like the old preview? If it is, figures.

Citroid being dead is the perfect way to write Clemont out of the show. Not enough time to build when you have 1000 challenges to fill.

Plus, unless he has the AI backed up somewhere, he'll have to rebuild that as well. Though, once it was known that Lumiose City would be attacked I think a lot of people were speculating that something would lead to Clemont being written off.

Lionel_B

It's a robot. Clemont can rebuild it. We have seen this scenario so often that it will give me nothing when Citroid will be destroyed.

Already I feel that we have not exploited the potential well of the character, for me, in the episode where Clemont faces Citroid to get his gym, he should lose, and he would have had a real reason to follow Ash, become harder to earn his title of Gym Leader.

satopi

Citriod died in front of Citron... he'll die in his arms with polite, obedient speech. That slow mo moment when Clemont realizes he isn't going to make it. :(

Now how is Bonnie going to save Puni chan? By singing to it? Saying supportive words? If only she could Mega evolve. ;_;

Markerz

Citroid: [Sporadically twitching with blinking eye lights, in Citron's arms] "And now that I have fulfilled your requests, I have one final request, Citron."
Citron: [Teary eyed] "Anything for you, Citroid."
Citroid: "Kiss me.."

Now how is Bonnie going to save Puni chan? By singing to it? Saying supportive words? If only she could Mega evolve. ;_;

Either she fuses her mind with Zygarde and awakens it internally, or yes, I think the singing. That's my guess.

U.N. Owen

satopi

Citroid: [Sporadically twitching with blinking eye lights, in Citron's arms] "And now that I have fulfilled your requests, I have one final request, Citron."
Citron: [Teary eyed] "Anything for you, Citroid."
Citroid: "Kiss me.."
This is beautiful... :')
Until the awkward kissing part happened.

Either she fuses her mind with Zygarde and awakens it internally, or yes, I think the singing. That's my guess.

I'm thinking the supportive words & (mostly) one sided bond he has with Bonnie is going to help Puni chan find the inner strength in him to break the mind control and wreck Z2! :3 Zygarde Cores unite!!!

Still shows more negative emotions than Ash though.
He's not supposed to have negative emotions remember? That isn't the Satoshi Serena "knows". Poor Ash for having to subdue/conceal his negative feelings. Conceal it, don't feel it. Don't let it show.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

wow you guys wants some fries to go with all that heavy salt?

I'd prefer to pour it into Ash's wounds.

Just kidding. It's a robot. I'm sure Clembot will pull a Baymax in Clemont's side story later on and Clemont will rebuild him that way.

He's not supposed to have negative emotions remember? That isn't the Satoshi Serena "knows". Poor Ash for having to subdue/conceal his negative feelings. Conceal it, don't feel it. Don't let it show.

This is shaping up to be one unhealthy relationship in hindsight. Cue "Let It Go."

Citroid's death it's probably going to be sadder for me than Celebi's in the fourth movie, and perhaps it might even last longer than the latter one.

Status
Not open for further replies.