• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sep 8th: XY&Z041 - Attack on Lumiose Gym! The Citroid Forever!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
He feels like a living person, that's how I'd put it. A living boy that likes to laugh and mess around and simply have fun.

BW Ash was more lively, but mainly because he acted more like a child. Showing emotions and actual reactions to good/bad situations is what someone makes more lively. BW Ash's attitude just screams childish and unexperienced, which absolutely don't fit with a serious and experienced DP/XY Ash.

A mix between AG Ash's personality and DP/XY skills would be the best.

That's what happens when you mention anything about BW

One series needs to be claimed to be the most unpopular under the fanbase like DP is claimed to be the best pokemon series. So what to say? While Johto was more worse, the nostalgia and the fact that OS already ended more than a decade ago somehow saved it from the fanbase. From the newer generations (4-6 or even 3-6), BW is probably the worst series. Just wait until SM ends if the series will end up being as weak and the fanbase will focus onto SM in saying how bad the series is.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
BW Ash was more lively, but mainly because he acted more like a child. Showing emotions and actual reactions to good/bad situations is what someone makes more lively.
BW Ash showed reactions to good/bad situations so I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about.

A mix between AG Ash's personality and DP/XY skills would be the best.
Yes, because AG Ash was never childish AT ALL.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
So you count these inconsistencies of ash's character in bw as an actual part of his character?
He has been in front of a camera a few times before that and he did not show any sign of being 'camera shy' heck all the leagues he entered before were being filmed!
You've clearly haven't watched the filler episode. They were acting and Ash wasn't comfortable on camera, if you don't know what camera shy is then I suggest you look it up. Also, Ash's League battle may have been filmed but he didn't have to dress up, have a big camera up in his face, lines to remember, and act a different way. And I doubt he was even aware nor thinking of his battles being filmed. He's used to large crowds. Also, can you point out the inconsistencies in Ash's character that BW bastardized? Last time I checked, people would say Ash barely showed any character outside of being happy, mature, confident, and loves food and battling.

Don't even get me started on the Homika battle and how out of a character Ash was in that instance(and bw in general)he was about to give up in a fight that was in his advantage(being a 3vs6 and a pecha berry free)while in DP he was left 5vs1,one of them being a legendary and still did not give up and thats the kind of person ash is after not giving up even in such a hopeless situation as the tobias battle?
You're clearly pointing out a Gym battle whom the Gym Leader showed mercy onto with a completely different battle of its own status. As many problems as the Homika battle had, this isn't a fair comparison. Ash was of a different mind and team at each battle. What's different is that he knew that he was losing to Homika's team and thought that there was no point in battling at all even though he still had a chance of winning. Something that Ash himself had a philosophy of believing yet almost gave up in that instant. Quit comparing a LEAGUE battle to a filler episode or GYM battle.

Also more Pokémon /= automatic win. Especially Ash's BW team mind you.
One series needs to be claimed to be the most unpopular under the fanbase like DP is claimed to be the best pokemon series. So what to say? While Johto was more worse, the nostalgia and the fact that OS already ended more than a decade ago somehow saved it from the fanbase. From the newer generations (4-6 or even 3-6), BW is probably the worst series. Just wait until SM ends if the series will end up being as weak and the fanbase will focus onto SM in saying how bad the series is.
All opinion based. BW really isn't the horrible series that some of you make it out to be. Had Ash not have been reset, most people would be playing a different tune. BW seemed more comedy/slice of life than actual action/adventure since we learned more of what the traveling companions did with their time. It seemed like the less serious saga of the bunch. It doesn't make it the worst but of course it had its problems. Sorry that the 10 year old Ash is childish and acted like his age in BW.

What on earth does this whole discussion have to do with the episode?
Absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Kirby4ever

What on earth does this whole discussion have to do with the episode?
I know right, this episode is about Clemont having to make a hard choice about his gym as he reclaims it, bit about Ash's character between BW and XY. If you guys want to talk about Ash's character, can you make a whole new thread about it since you're really making this one off topic?

MasterTobias

Ash not being comfortable in front of a camera is not right when you consider he has done similiar things even with pre BW gang members in similiar filler episodes,on top of his league matches being broadcasted live,of course he was aware his matches were filmed he just was not bothered by it.

The reason i mentioned the advantage/disadvantages of each battle is for 1 reason,to prove how ash thinking he should give up is completely nonsense when he did not even give up on worse situations than the Homika battle(situations like the tobias battle).

Tell me now how much sense and out of character is for Ash to be this close to giving up(and apparantely he would have done so had not iris/cilan encouraged him) when he did not give up when Tobias was winning 5vs1?See what i am talking about?The Tobias battle was more hopeless and yet he did not even think of giving up.So how excactly it is not out of character for Ash to be so close to giving up in the Homika battle when he had more way more chances to win this battle than the Tobias one?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm actually kind of glad that Serena and Manon failed at their mission of rescuing Hair san. They had no chance against the tens of Flare Admins in there. Daigo came to wreck them!! I do think Serena will somehow get the plot moving by taking the offense. Like the Admins trick them into thinking Hari san was there but they already transported him somewhere else or Hari san was going to be the "sacrifice" in Lysandre's plans anyway. Helping him get better was just another cop out. I mean Hari san does have some of Zygarde's power inside him.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Woah talk about a complete derailment from the episode talk.

I'll as this though, now that TR is at the TF HQ, will they break character from their interviewer personas for TR representation?

NihilisticNoivern

No kidding, settle down fangirls. If you want a multi-faceted character watch an HBO drama. We're here to talk about a shoe made for young children about a video game (that's admittedly a bit too complicated) for young children.
'Ol Noiv here thinks that Clemont will defeat Xerosic but at the price of Clembot failing/having its AI wiped, whatever, and then Alain and his jailbait boyfriend will win against Lysandre, somewhat easily before the reveal/hint to his final plan (solution, if you will, heh), and Serena and Mairin will defeat the admins with the Prof and likely Steven, and there will be a cliffhanger of the megalith starting to mega....lith... .
That's my take anyways. Kay go back to arguing about which Hasbro toy has more emotional depth or whatever...

Vipsoccermaster

Well that totally went downhill. It's a shame that Clembot will no longer be with us, but Clemont has to do what he has to do in order to reclaim his gym.

Let's just see how this episode truly unfolds on my birthday...

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I think it's interesting that Team Flare took over Prism Tower and now Clemont has to take it back. I'm looking forward to Clemont vs Xerosic, Clemont's a gym leader right? So I like that they're showing he's strong enough to maybe defeat one of Team Flare's high ranking member.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it's interesting that Team Flare took over Prism Tower and now Clemont has to take it back. I'm looking forward to Clemont vs Xerosic, Clemont's a gym leader right? So I like that they're showing he's strong enough to maybe defeat one of Team Flare's high ranking member.

Or maybe Xerosic is winning but he forfeits, letting Clemont win. He has a heart unlike most of Team Flare, he stopped his goal to let Emma go in the games I'd like to think he has that good in him here.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I really wish there was genuine excitement and hype for this episode. And not this parody of salt comments and snark that I've grown bored of hearing.

Xuxuba

Or maybe Xerosic is winning but he forfeits, letting Clemont win. He has a heart unlike most of Team Flare, he stopped his goal to let Emma go in the games I'd like to think he has that good in him here.

I don't think so, anime Xerosic seems batsh*t crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.