• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 10th: PM2019 080 - Trial Mission! Ulgamoth's Golden Scales!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Project Mew trials aren't related to mew, they are meant to test the participant on their abilities to be a valuable asset in the eventual expedition to catch Mew
Do people even watch the episodes properly?

We know.

But that does not mean that they are not unoriginal as heck

Decidueye23

Project Mew trials aren't related to mew, they are meant to test the participant on their abilities to be a valuable asset in the eventual expedition to catch Mew
I get that... but how well are youar abilities tested if your friends also can help you out in these missions without becoming a chaser later. I mean both Gary and Goh got Ash's help. Alrhough Gary ia waay strongee than Goh..

elrato

We were flat out told the trial analyzes the subject's ability for team work too, so if anything, you should be wondering why Gary didn't have help for the Moltres mission until he coincidentally met Ash along the way, though it is possible that Moltres was not his first trial and he had already done another where his ability for interplay with a team mate was already tested.

Decidueye23

We were flat out told the trial analyzes the subject's ability for team work too, so if anything, you should be wondering why Gary didn't have help for the Moltres mission until he coincidentally met Ash along the way, though it is possible that Moltres was not his first trial and he had already done another where his ability for interplay with a team mate was already tested.
Except that explanation would work if we somehow saw the project mew was monitoring Gary. He calls coevi ans sends in the feather and is accepted. How would they evaluate if he worked on a team or not?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well there goes my speculation that Ash will get Rapid Strike Urshifu

Honestly never a fit when Ash already has Lucario as the martial arts Fighting-type.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
It was 100% possible to have made the Trials fulfill that purpose and be related to Mew as well.
Do you really really absolutely need to ask "What does navigating a terrain hunting for a Pokemon have to do with a expedition to find a Pokemon"?
Yes, because it wouldn't have been too difficult to make the tasks at least somewhat related to Mew. As it is now, it almost feels like these were filler episodes where the writers tacked on 'Project Mew' to make it seem like Goh's making some actual progress towards his 'goal'.

elrato

Yes, because it wouldn't have been too difficult to make the tasks at least somewhat related to Mew. As it is now, it almost feels like these were filler episodes where the writers tacked on 'Project Mew' to make it seem like Goh's making some actual progress towards his 'goal'.
They would not be giving "tasks somewhat related to Mew" to someone that is not even officially part of their team yet. All they want right now is weed out interested expedition members by testing how good they are at what they are going to need help for, it would make no sense for them to share important jobs with someone like Goh at this point in time. And I absolutely disagree in every way with the notion that this does not add progress to Goh's quest. Capturing Mew is a big deal, getting experience with this kind of work is a natural progression and training for that goal.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
We know.

But that does not mean that they are not unoriginal as heck
What correlation does that have to do with my post and people saying it's a flaw the Volcarona trial isn't tying to Mew?
I get that... but how well are youar abilities tested if your friends also can help you out in these missions without becoming a chaser later. I mean both Gary and Goh got Ash's help. Alrhough Gary ia waay strongee than Goh..
That's a different goalpost you're arguing all together, not my original point. I will say the help part to me is overblown by other ppl, despite Ash's so called help Gary and Goh mostly completed the trial by themselves and deserved their rewards esp coz the mission analyse based on teamwork too, but based on leaks if they are true and not hyperbolic, I will have your same problems if Tsurugi and Asahi help Goh as much as the leak implies. I'll say further on this after the episode
It was 100% possible to have made the Trials fulfill that purpose and be related to Mew as well.
It's not needed though? And again wanting that fact is something else, but claiming that's the norm and the trials not showing it is a flaw is false. As for why it doesn't necessarily have to be related to mew, it's because Project Mew's whole shtick is to go on that once a year expedition opportunity onto that island. For that they don't necessarily need mew related stuff for each trial, rather expedition skills.

Aleisterblack123

Honestly never a fit when Ash already has Lucario as the martial arts Fighting-type.
To be fair I could definitely see a teacher/student relationship or maybe bromance between Lucario/Urshifu like the one Hawlucha/Noivern had. Besides Urshifu is more of a fist fighter than Lucario (bit of a mix), so to me it wouldn't be totally the same thing.

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I mean it is related to Mew. The point of the trials is to build up Go's skills so he will be ready for the final task of capturing Mew.

What skills if he can bring a friend with it? We are already at episode 80 this should have been done 30 episodes ago.

What correlation does that have to do with my post and people saying it's a flaw the Volcarona trial isn't tying to Mew?
Read my long post that I made two days ago, we expected more.

Maybe it's our fault

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
What skills if he can bring a friend with it? We are already at episode 80 this should have been done 30 episodes ago.
I'd like to phone a friend, Regis. I'm going to call Ash, who is really good in these situations.

Read my long post that I made two days ago, we expected more.

Maybe it's our fault
Which one? I didn't see any long posts when I went back.

Status
Not open for further replies.