• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 12: BWS2DA!E18 - Cilan VS The Ice Challenger! The Crisis at Striation Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The idea of Burgundy hiring Drago to do this is fantastic! Although not true I'm sure :/

Imo it would be better if they were related. I mean they could easily be sisters imo. But of course the writers aren't likely to do something cool like that; they'd rather go with the same old tired and cliche ideas that made up the entire DA filler arc. It's actually a shame that Drago is just some character of the day though. We needed a character like her in early BW to really push Cilan's buttons because God knows Burgundy wasn't able to. She shaded him but he never took the bait. Drago could've pushed him past his breaking point and that would've been neat to see imo.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why do people want Burgundy back lol?? Hasn't she suffered enough?? She is like Chili xD.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This pretty much lol. Let's let her fade away in peace with what could of been like the rest of the rivals.

I think she got it worse than the rest of the rivals. At least the other rivals were shown winning battles onscreen! Considering that Burgundy had so much potential makes it even more depressing.

I think she got it worse than the rest of the rivals. At least the other rivals were shown winning battles onscreen! Considering that Burgundy had so much potential makes it even more depressing.

I thunk we had this dicussion already. Burgundy doesn't have wins, but all her battles except her battle against Trip were good. Excadrill versus Dewott IMO is one of the better battles in the entire saga itself.

If anything, Georgia had it worse. In the donamite she got two two minute battles one with her one sidedly winning and the other her one sidedly losing. Also, let's not forget Beartic versus Dragonite.

But I value their characters more than their battles. They were IMO, one of the better rivals in the series.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I thunk we had this dicussion already. Burgundy doesn't have wins, but all her battles except her battle against Trip were good. Excadrill versus Dewott IMO is one of the better battles in the entire saga itself.

If anything, Georgia had it worse. In the donamite she got two two minute battles one with her one sidedly winning and the other her one sidedly losing. Also, let's not forget Beartic versus Dragonite.

Georgia didn't get mercilessly abused and degraded in all of her appearances, though.

But I value their characters more than their battles. They were IMO, one of the better rivals in the series.

It's not only their battles. It's how they were written and I found Georgia much more fleshed out than Burgundy, which added to my enjoyment of Georgia.

God I hope Pansage at least gets Seed Bomb here or screw this episode. I don't care now awesome the battle is if it ends up another filler then who cares at this point.

I wish people would learn the meaning of the word filler. So they would realise that since Cilan is gonna get character development then there's no way this is filler

Janovy

Banned
This can't be a filler. I feel this might lead into Cilan's return to Striaton, like, maybe it's in danger or something so Cilan is forced to return home.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wish people would learn the meaning of the word filler. So they would realise that since Cilan is gonna get character development then there's no way this is filler

We don't know if he is though, he is obviously not going back to the gym so this can't even be seen as his going back to being a leader episode.

We don't know if character development is gonna happen for Dento here. And beating a challenger(or even losing) isn't really much of a development.

Other then him establishing with his bros that he isn't gonna go back to the gym anytime soon(and maybe giving his other pokemon to them), I can't really see what development he can get.

This can't be a filler. I feel this might lead into Cilan's return to Striaton, like, maybe it's in danger or something so Cilan is forced to return home.

I doubt it. If it was in danger then you'd think he would go straight back home, instead of taking a detour to johto.

Unless maybe there's a ferry in johto that goes straight to unova so he doesn't have to travel through all of the da again

Status
Not open for further replies.