• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 12: BWS2DA!E18 - Cilan VS The Ice Challenger! The Crisis at Striation Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

This would be great if it's a Cilan/Pansage development episode since they've lacked it so heavily during the saga.

With BW so near to an end, there's always the possibility this is a departure episode for him but I doubt it and hope not.

Janovy

Banned
This would be great if it's a Cilan/Pansage development episode since they've lacked it so heavily during the saga.

With BW so near to an end, there's always the possibility this is a departure episode for him but I doubt it and hope not.
I think it's simply his last focus episode in BW. This airing next to Lapras episode makes me think both him and Iris are getting these last focus episodes since the two of them tend to get back-to-back focus episodes.

Haunter ゴースト

I think it's simply his last focus episode in BW. This airing next to Lapras episode makes me think both him and Iris are getting these last focus episodes since the two of them tend to get back-to-back focus episodes.

I agree this seems like the case without a doubt, I just hope they're good.

The writers have treated Cilan terribly with lack of development in terms of himself and his team when he's a brilliant character.

Janovy

Banned

The writers have treated Cilan terribly with lack of development in terms of himself and his team when he's a brilliant character.
At least he's gotten a great amount of screentime, if not development. Though him staying for XY could fix the development issue (if he stays).

Haunter ゴースト

At least he's gotten a great amount of screentime, if not development. Though him staying for XY could fix the development issue (if he stays).

He is a companion though, Ash and companions always get good screentime - it's when they do something that it makes them even more entertaining.

Yeah i'm really hoping he stays, it'd be cool to give him a new outfit - and eventually new Kalos Pokemon.

In B2W2 he has quit being a Gym Leader, if he joined in XY it may be that he's retired his role just like in the games.

If Cilan leaves then hopefully this and another ep is focus for him. Then Iris can have focus in one of the other eps before they both leave.

Canada

Banned
nice to see an episode focusing on pansage i guess.

Noooooooooooo!! If this is a central episode for Dento it means he his leaving! :(

no it doesnt
why would he leave before the ending of bw
what the hell

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

To be honest I actually think they treated Cilan pretty well. It's his pokemon that have been lacking development. Him parading around with his title goal and his rival not being a treat, has been good for him as far as he goes. But not for the viewers.

I think the writers take on Cilan was to focus more on his qurks as a Sommelier rather than the "growth" which people seem to want from every character. Cilan's definitely an interesting character.

So, in that way he's a good character and was done well. I mean seriously there are so many fun things you can look into Cilan if you pay attention. I mean seriously, the flower thing in Zoroark episode? His screams in the Purrloin episode? Come on people, stop looking Ash's travelling partners as cooks and butlers. They are here to provide us some interaction and a bit of chuckle. .

Ontopic: We have Pansage as the broadcast. Normally a broadcast Pokemon doesn't imply focus on that Pokemon, but since Pansage isn't wild but belongs to Cilan, I am surely assuming this could be either 1) Cilan's ticket to leave at the end of Best Wishes 2) Pansage evolving through the stone Cilan may have got in the treasure island.. (like Ash still kept the thunderstone)

Last edited:

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I, too, am totally fine with Cilan's development being shallow as long as he remains hilarious as all get out. Which he is. Though a focus episode now and then is still appreciated.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Pansage evolves. Cilan deserves a team update.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I don't want to be a person to jump to conclusions, but this episode screams Pansage evolving to me.
But remember, he would need the Leaf Stone. Unless Cilan or someone else has one on hand, he won't evolve.

Janovy

Banned
But remember, he would need the Leaf Stone. Unless Cilan or someone else has one on hand, he won't evolve.
Luckily, we're soon getting an episode with many evolutionary stones. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.