• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 12: BWS2DA!E18 - Cilan VS The Ice Challenger! The Crisis at Striation Gym!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
And about the second episode:

From the episode thread of BWS2DA!E18 – Striation Gym and Cilan:
This episode is not the epsidoes where Cilan will departure from Ash. This episode as far as I can tell, is a Cilan special that happened after Cilan/Dent has departured from Ash, apparently in the Emolga dn Team Rocket episode.
I will repost the info when a translator confirms it.

Note: Although this episode is a Cilan special, it will be considered like a normal episode of Decolora Adventures, which for us is good news because we can expect being dubbed easily like a normal episode. Ash could appear but his appearence is unknown for yet and it will for a while.
I really don't think you should take a rumor like that at face value.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I can't really see them going straight from departure to departed-character special like that.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Finally, a Cilan episode without a detective plot. I hope this lady, connoisseuse maybe, is a good battler. If it's Cilan's swan song, it better be. I want to see some interesting Pokemon used too, not a Patrat and a Stoutland and a Deerling.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't know how accurate this upcoming main cast Pokemon event distribution is...but the main site say's Cilan's Pansage comes with Seed Bomb, so maybe he learns the attack in this episode? Maybe? Just a stretch for something

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Finally, a Cilan episode without a detective plot. I hope this lady, connoisseuse maybe, is a good battler. If it's Cilan's swan song, it better be. I want to see some interesting Pokemon used too, not a Patrat and a Stoutland and a Deerling.

Cilan will likely win against her since this is probably his last battle, so I suppose that might open up the possibility of Pansage learning a new move or something. I mean it's not gonna be able to evolve without a Leaf Stone, so a new move would be the next best thing for it. Pansage may as well leave the show in style imo.

BlueDragonfangirl

Man, I hope thy give Dento some thing good here, one last episode for him before ( if ) He does leave.

RickHoenn

Banned
Dento only got one evolution thru the 140+ episodes of Best Wishes and his episodes were really worthless. What a poor development he had.

At least Croagunk was awesome and Bonsly/Happiny both evolved.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Hope there's a good battle in this episode, a nice 3 vs 3, Crustle can take the fall again.
Looking at the glasses on the woman her using the Togepi line would be awesome, however in doing so surely that would promote them to the data broadcast.
Regardless I am very much anticipating this episode.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Cilan will likely win against her since this is probably his last battle, so I suppose that might open up the possibility of Pansage learning a new move or something. I mean it's not gonna be able to evolve without a Leaf Stone, so a new move would be the next best thing for it. Pansage may as well leave the show in style imo.

It would be even better to have him lose and decide to take his training more seriously if he's leaving. Almost everyone he's faced has been mostly gags, so it would be nice to have someone serious about his goal for once. Especially with the female rivals on this show.

Lorde

It would be even better to have him lose and decide to take his training more seriously if he's leaving. Almost everyone he's faced has been mostly gags, so it would be nice to have someone serious about his goal for once. Especially with the female rivals on this show.

Cilan and "serious" in the same sentence? That does not compute lol. But honestly, I just can't see him taking a battle seriously at this point. I mean would a loss really change his outlook on life? I just don't think he would be inspired by a loss here unless he's met this woman (man?) before and has a grudge against them. That's the only way I could see him getting serious about the whole thing, otherwise he'll likely take it in stride.

Rohanator

What on Earth makes you guys think Cilan doesn't take battles seriously. He took his battle against Burgundy seriously(sure he destroyed her, doesn't mean he screwed around), his battles against Skyla, Pinot Noir, both battles against Trip, tags with Ash, all were serious. Some were against opponents that he didn't really care about but he still battled seriously. He has been seen training with Ash briefly, he taught his Stunfisk how to "fly" and his Pokemon have learned moves off screen more than once, he clearly trains.

Janovy

Banned
Cilan does take his battles seriously, and he'll take this one especially seriously as the gym seems to be in crisis.

What on Earth makes you guys think Cilan doesn't take battles seriously. He took his battle against Burgundy seriously(sure he destroyed her, doesn't mean he screwed around), his battles against Skyla, Pinot Noir, both battles against Trip, tags with Ash, all were serious. Some were against opponents that he didn't really care about but he still battled seriously. He has been seen training with Ash briefly, he taught his Stunfisk how to "fly" and his Pokemon have learned moves off screen more than once, he clearly trains.

Agreed. I always thought he took all his battles seriously, no matter how small they were.

Lorde

Well no offense, but it's hard to take him seriously when he does twirls and sparkles all the time. He's just so happy all the time that it's hard to think of him as an intense battler. But like I said, if he knows this woman from his past and she gets under his skin, he might put aside his comical personality and battle to the best of his abilities. That's the best case scenario, although I'm still fully prepared for the worst case scenario where nothing of value happens and Pansage doesn't develop in any way.

Rohanator

Well no offense, but it's hard to take him seriously when he does twirls and sparkles all the time. He's just so happy all the time that it's hard to think of him as an intense battler. But like I said, if he knows this woman from his past and she gets under his skin, he might put aside his comical personality and battle to the best of his abilities. That's the best case scenario, although I'm still fully prepared for the worst case scenario where nothing of value happens and Pansage doesn't develop in any way.

> Implying that you have to be a serious person in general to be a competent battler. In a way, Cilan is very serious anyway, he's passionate towards his hobbies/profession, even if that includes him being sparkly. Doing a tasting time during a battle for example is an important thing for him.
What is value anyway? If I get an entertaining, well made battle that'll have all the value I need. Nothing "of value" happened in the Oshawott tourney episode, yet you still liked that. But criticize every other fillerish episode to death.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Charmed never said Cilan wasn't a competent battler, the user said it's hard to think of him as an intense battler.

Which I kind of agree with. We never see Cilan really struggle with much and be like "Okay, time to get serious and win this!". Like how Ash pulled his hat around VS Tobias and brought out Pikachu to do the very best possible

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this is where pansage learns seed bomb to replace bullet seed...due to recent events and all...
What recent events?

Lorde

> Implying that you have to be a serious person in general to be a competent battler.

I never said he wasn't a competent battler so I don't know where that assumption came from. I said that I don't think he's an intense battler unless he's facing someone he doesn't like. This character of the day looks kind of mean so there's a chance that he might battle fiercely if his pride is on the line, but that's just one possibility and I'm not willing to bet on it happening because again, I know the writers too well to trust them with something important.

In a way, Cilan is very serious anyway, he's passionate towards his hobbies/profession, even if that includes him being sparkly. Doing a tasting time during a battle for example is an important thing for him.

Cilan is passionate about his hobbies, but he still has a comical side which is what I've been saying from the start. It's hard to appreciate that trait when he has a whole other side to him. And I wasn't even accounting for the whole "IT'S _____ TIME!!!!" catch phrase but now that you mention it, it kind of strengthens my argument that he's not a very serious person. :x

What is value anyway? If I get an entertaining, well made battle that'll have all the value I need. Nothing "of value" happened in the Oshawott tourney episode, yet you still liked that. But criticize every other fillerish episode to death.

Oshawott won a battle, which was miraculous in and of itself. That was close enough to development that it made the episode stand out from some of the other DA fillers. If Cilan and Pansage don't develop here, the whole episode will be a waste of time imo, regardless of whether or not the battle is "well made."

Rohanator

Oshawott won a battle, which was miraculous in and of itself. That was close enough to development that it made the episode stand out from some of the other DA fillers. If Cilan and Pansage don't develop here, the whole episode will be a waste of time imo, regardless of whether or not the battle is "well made."

If even a battle is a waste of time for you why do you even watch this show? Even at their best the story lines and development in Pokemon have never really been on par with most other shows, the main things to look for are the battles and random entertaining things.

Oshawott got a win, woo. Maybe Pansage will get an impressive win. Been a while from that too. Maybe Stunfisk will be used in battle.

I don't think tasting time makes Cilan less of a serious person, it's important to him, it's his way of doing things, it is serious for him. It just makes him look less serious on the surface for people like Iris, which makes for some great comedic moments. But it is him at his truest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.