• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Sometimes I really think Goh gets more than Ash, though. Even if the episode isn't about either of them, Goh's simple captures happen more frequently than Ash's one-minute PWC battles.
Do one-minute rushed, boring captures really count as Go getting something meaningfully more than Ash? Eh.

Like, Ash eventually gets proper PWC battles. Go's captures are 99% of the time always the same.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Do one-minute rushed, boring captures really count as Go getting something meaningfully more than Ash? Eh.

Like, Ash eventually gets proper PWC battles. Go's captures are 99% of the time always the same.
Ash gets bigger numbers for a rank that will become expendable come the next saga whose format will most likely be a hell lot more underwhelming that "traveling" the whole world.

Goh's stuff practically develops a hell lot faster because his goal is actually clearer and comprehensible with an abysmally low chance for failure, despite the fact he will too become expendable come the next saga.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ash gets bigger numbers for a rank that will become expendable come the next saga whose format will most likely be a hell lot more underwhelming that "traveling" the whole world.

Goh's stuff practically develops a hell lot faster because his goal is actually clearer and comprehensible with an abysmally low chance for failure, despite the fact he will too become expendable come the next saga.
If he’ll even exist in the next saga.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi

Low chance of failure?
Catching every Pokemon?

Please. Go's goal is set up in a way that it will never be truly accomplished because:

1) new Pokemon will always appear
2) he will never catch stuff like Mewtwo or Dialga, Palkia, etc.

He may catch Mew somehow sure, but the idea of catching everything is super farfetched.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Low chance of failure?
Catching *every* Pokemon?

Please.
Goh has over 50 Pokemon. Maybe even 60.

He has two of three Galarian starters; an unheard fact for a companion.

We're not even past episode 34 yet.

And apparently he's getting a freaking Zapdos.

All this in one saga alone.

I'd say the guy got it made much more than any other character besides Ash's badge and runner up trophy collection.

PsychoLogical

Goh has over 50 Pokemon. Maybe even 60.

He has two of three Galarian starters; an unheard fact for a companion.

We're not even past episode 34 yet.

And apparently he's getting a freaking Zapdos.

All this in one saga alone.

I'd say the guy got it made much more than any other character besides Ash's badge and runner up trophy collection.
I don’t think Zapdos is happening, it was likely only for visuals unless I get whammied. And he’s not going to be able catch everything, he’ll miss out on alot still.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don’t think Zapdos is happening, it was likely only for visuals unless I get whammied. And he’s not going to be able catch everything, he’ll miss out on alot still.
Although it isn't proven yet, I don't expect him to catch the biiiiiiiiig Legendaries and most of the pseudo-Legendaries allowed to fight in online tourneys in the games. Still, that leaves over 700 species up for the taking.

...Is Cerise's greenhouse big enough for that number? Ha ha.

PsychoLogical

Although it isn't proven yet, I don't expect him to catch the biiiiiiiiig Legendaries and most of the pseudo-Legendaries allowed to fight in online tourneys in the games. Still, that leaves over 700 species up for the taking.

...Is Cerise's greenhouse big enough for that number? Ha ha.
Nah, and until I see it happen, I leave out the Legendaries and pseudos kek (He can have Salamence tho, wouldve said Goodra but unfortunately the useless worthless boi is already under ownership of Ash).

PsychoLogical

By pseudos, I meant the ones like Zapdos, who are still allowed in online tourneys despite being called Legendary Pokemon.
Oh. Then he have Zapdos aka the yellow chicken then since Ash is still under the “Can’t catch another electric type” curse kek.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Sometimes I really think Goh gets more than Ash, though. Even if the episode isn't about either of them, Goh's simple captures happen more frequently than Ash's one-minute PWC battles.

Ash goes up several ranks for a victory, Goh moves 1 step closer to completing the pokedex for each pokemon. If Ash went up one rank for every battle then his battles would likely be the same kind of montage as many Goh captures.

Outside of the Bea loss spree Ash has been blazing towards the top, while Goh's catching spree's are now pretty much nonexistent. Though Goh doesn't really have a regression condition outside of his pokemon choosing to leave or being stolen.

Nah, and until I see it happen, I leave out the Legendaries and pseudos kek (He can have Salamence tho, wouldve said Goodra but unfortunately the useless worthless boi is already under ownership of Ash).

Could have seen Goodra as Goh's first pseudo if it wasn't for Ash's. Would still be fun to see it come back and interact with Dragonite.

Pokemonfan5

If one goes with him, they'll all go.
I hope Incineroar gets to live with Delia(After getting in a fight or two obviously) so she has something keeping her company while Mimey is taking care of Ash

I wish

Nope not gonna happen, Ash isn't going to separate his Alolan team to their only home and family (which he shared with them), just like Charizard Alolan team are in different place where Ash can summon them whenever he want.

Pokemonfan5

Jokes aside I hope that incineroar returns for a match. He's one of the best looking fire types since infernape and I was honestly disappointed that ash didn't get to command one in battle.( he technically commanded torracat in the match and it evolved and fainted after that) .I think this should be his moveset:
1> Darkest lariat
2> Blasto burnnnnnn (with some salt)
3>Cross chop
4>Fire punch

I think Incineroar shouldn't forget Fire blast, this is the move his mentor/father teach him last time before he gone for good.

PsychoLogical

Ash is their family, though. About the only Pokemon in his Alolan team with a family in Alola is Rowlet. The rest can simply wander away.
I don’t think buff nut will appreciate being seperated from lazy owl that’s also too disturbingly... Round.

Pokemonfan5

Ash is their family, though. About the only Pokemon in his Alolan team with a family in Alola is Rowlet. The rest can simply wander away.

I'm talking about Kukui and Burnet, they're family for Ash and his Pokemons in Alola while Prot. Oak is completely strangers for them.

Alola team is different than past teams as past team doesn't had any place to called home after Ash catch them so they had no other choice but to stay at Oak. Lab/ranch, while Alola team had place to called their home and a family they share with Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.