• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Ash is their family, though. About the only Pokemon in his Alolan team with a family in Alola is Rowlet. The rest can simply wander away.
Melmetal is best friends with Rowlet so if the owl chose to stay to be with it's family so would the hex nut. Lycanroc and Incineroar probably could have returned back to Kanto without much issue

Pokemonfan5

Ya and Iris battled a ton too and knew how to battle lol.

And Goh's not using Flygon. Goh is using Raboot, it's one on one. And even if he was using Flygon, it wouldn't mean much considering he's tried relying just on type advantage in the past and got pwned just as fast.

You guys forgetting that Iris experience has no value in that battle as Dragonite battle alone against Memoswine without following any order from Iris besides dodging one move.

But who know Dragonite maybe won more easily if he follow Iris order because he was continuously taking Memoswine attacks head on and didn't use super effective move at all.

Henry's Journey

Now if only we got an Oak's lab with the rest of his Pokemon :(, I hope this means some of them will get use this series.

This!!! one of my wishes is to see an Oak's lab episode where Ash shows his Pokemon to Go.

I'm so happy Ash and his Alola squad is reuniting, so awesome! :D I wonder if Naganadel will at least be mentioned..

I hope Kiawe beats Go, he was top 4 in the Alola League and now he has more experience, training with Olivia, doing the trials, etc..

Pokemonfan5

he ain't that strong either which is why I think he's perfect plus gou is clearly not as weak as he used to be, raboot also seems to be a naturally good battler, I see him winning being a good possibility
yh the z-move will be a problem hmm, I think this point depends on if raboot tank the z-move or not (which is not impossible)

Kiawe realistically can easily destroy Raboot even if Raboot evolved into Cinderace still Kiawe had more chances to win without z move unless Go get plot armor power.

Pokemonfan5

let's not forget the rookie trainer sophocles gave kiawe a run for his money and idk if the alola league is the best representation of a strong semifinalist,like yh the finalists ash and gladion are super strong but the rest of the participants.....even guzuma was pretty disappointing in the end

Yeah participants weak despite Guzma easily beat a Kalos league trainer mega kangaskhan with normal scizor who is weaker than his Golisopod, that Golisopod tank super effective z move which can beat mega evolution despite his health was much below 50%.

Also Sophocle didn't fight Kiawe head on, his Vikavolt was no match in strength so Sophocle try to avoid getting close or direct attack to Charizard, also Kiawe charizard even face Tapu lele and Turtonator put up a good fight against Silvally despite taking some damage from Lycanroc.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hope Kiawe beats Go, he was top 4 in the Alola League and now he has more experience, training with Olivia, doing the trials, etc.
I can see it ending with Kiawe calling off the match just before he's about to win since he sees how much Go cares about Ash

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
If Kiawe is battling seriously with the Turt, anything short of a Goh beatdown is unacceptable.

Master Pikachu 11

That's a key fact that most people overlook.

There's also this idea that Go has somehow received way more focus and screentime than Ash in this series. In reality, only a few episodes have been truly Go-centered, and the rest of them were either Ash being in the spotlight, or Ash and Go sharing the spotlight together (as dual protagonists happen to do). Unfortunately though, I think that Ash and Go sharing spotlight might be interpreted by some as Go stealing Ash's screentime. So I think that's why there's some outrage over Go.

Though for the record, I think that Go's goal is still being handled in a very crappy way.
I believe this is the main reason some are complaining about Goh and saying he is taking spotlight from Ash. It’s because of his goal, that is the issue for some on here because if an episode is focused on Ash and is an Ash focused episode then they don’t want to see Goh catching a Pokémon or two. They want it to be an episode that is about Ash competing in a battle and Goh sitting in the stands cheering him on and if its a Goh centric episode then it would focus mostly on him with Ash being the one that provides support. This is the vibe that I am getting from people that are saying Goh is stealing Ash’s spotlight

PokemonJourneys2

Lazy snorlax
I believe this is the main reason some are complaining about Goh and saying he is taking spotlight from Ash. It’s because of his goal, that is the issue for some on here because if an episode is focused on Ash and is an Ash focused episode then they don’t want to see Goh catching a Pokémon or two. They want it to be an episode that is about Ash competing in a battle and Goh sitting in the stands cheering him on and if its a Goh centric episode then it would focus mostly on him with Ash being the one that provides support. This is the vibe that I am getting from people that are saying Goh is stealing Ash’s spotlight

And they are not going to get that, no matter how many tantrums they throw. The writers clearly are giving both characters focus. And while a Goh indeed does get more focus than Ash, they act as if Ash is somehow “being ignored”. That’s what makes me laugh about the community. Just toss Ash an arceus, rayquaza and possibly Lugia, that’ll probably shut them up for a few seconds. And we'll have Goh have no dialogue and do absolutely nothing. He could just stare at bug type Pokémon and smile.

And they are not going to get that, no matter how many tantrums they throw. The writers clearly are giving both characters focus. And while a Goh indeed does get more focus than Ash, they act as if Ash is somehow “being ignored”. That’s what makes me laugh about the community. Just toss Ash an arceus, rayquaza and possibly Lugia, that’ll probably shut them up for a few seconds. And we'll have Goh have no dialogue and do absolutely nothing. He could just stare at bug type Pokémon and smile.
Older viewers will tend to get biased because they grow up following him. There is nothing wrong with Ash's fan want more Ash focus and Goh's fan want more Goh focus.
Will Ash take his Z ring with him to Alola? It seems like he won't be battling anyone there, so I don't see the need to carry his z ring with him.
Also what about gengar, dragonite and farfetch'd.
I hope Ash can get Ghostnium-Z, Fightnium-Z and Draginium-Z also Firium-Z for Goh.

It is unlikely though....

nickdt

Goh battling Kiawe is a slight problem, especially since Kiawe has to win. If Goh goes so much as toe-to-toe with Kiawe or wins, that instanly devalues the entire Alola league and the teams of the participants, since it means that the Alola league participants (Including Ash, Gladion and Kiawe) and their Pokemon, weren't all that impressive and also devalues Ash vs Kukui a lot and it also devalues Brock vs Kiawe and Misty vs Ash.

VarientAsh12

You are simply dazzling
Goh battling Kiawe is a slight problem, especially since Kiawe has to win. If Goh goes so much as toe-to-toe with Kiawe or wins, that instanly devalues the entire Alola league and the teams of the participants, since it means that the Alola league participants (Including Ash, Gladion and Kiawe) and their Pokemon, weren't all that impressive and also devalues Ash vs Kukui a lot and it also devalues Brock vs Kiawe and Misty vs Ash.

I doubt the rabbit is going to win. Pretty sure that Raboot only knows 3 moves, which obviously isn't going to be effective against Turtonator or it's Z move. Goh battling Kiawe won't really be a problem, since it will probably teach Goh something. Or maybe it won't teach Goh anything and he will just go back to catching Pokemon as usual. I don't know why, but I feel like this episode will probably be made for comedic purposes.

nickdt

I doubt the rabbit is going to win. Pretty sure that Raboot only knows 3 moves, which obviously isn't going to be effective against Turtonator or it's Z move. Goh battling Kiawe won't really be a problem, since it will probably teach Goh something. Or maybe it won't teach Goh anything and he will just go back to catching Pokemon as usual. I don't know why, but I feel like this episode will probably be made for comedic purposes.

I hope it sets up Kiawe participating in the PWC. I mean, if Ash doesn't face Kiawe here, he has to do it at some other time, since he didn't fight him in the Alola league either.

Status
Not open for further replies.