• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cute baby, definitely didn't expect that

hopefully something comes out of it though

TheCrazyMaster

It honestly surprises me that some people think that this episode proves that Ash is no longer 10 or at least closer to being 11, or that this episode officially proved that time doesn't make sense. The passage of time has constantly been mentioned throughout the anime's history, and if your very analytical and make comparisons to RL you can even see the passing of certain seasons of the year and holidays. Hell, Ash and Pikachu have literally celebrated the one year anniversary of their journey and yet Ash is still 10. The only reason nobody ages in this show is because the plot demands it, and it will remain that way for who knows how long.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
It honestly surprises me that some people think that this episode proves that Ash is no longer 10 or at least closer to being 11, or that this episode officially proved that time doesn't make sense. The passage of time has constantly been mentioned throughout the anime's history, and if your very analytical and make comparisons to RL you can even see the passing of certain seasons of the year and holidays. Hell, Ash and Pikachu have literally celebrated the one year anniversary of their journey and yet Ash is still 10. The only reason nobody ages in this show is because the plot demands it, and it will remain that way for who knows how long.

Are you referring to that line from "トキワジム! さいごのバッジ!"? That's only in the 4Kids dub. A year hasn't past for Satoshi at all.

LucasMV

I didn't expect that, I thought they would just show Burnet with a pregnant belly, if at all. I'm pleasantly surprised.

So this means at least 9 months have passed since Ash left Alola. This makes this reunion all the more touching, since it's been quite long.

About Ash's age, since they stopped mentioning Ash's age after BW, I've assumed he's no longer 10. How old is he? No idea, but time clearly passes and he's older, unless they mention his age again, which I think they never will. So I'm happy to just assume that this proves time passes and Ash is older, since I'm not gonna be proved wrong cause the writters don't care to state Ash's age anymore.

I'm referring to a side story episode called Pikachu and Pichu, where Ash has a surprise party for Pikachu since it's been a full year since their journey began.

I distinctly remember watching that as a kid too. It was during OS, the Johto travels if I'm not mistaken (ofc, a side story, not part of the main anime). It always confused me if it was true or just the dub twisting things.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Status
Not open for further replies.